IGNORED

Seewalds 29: Still Marketing Cute Kids

Coconut Flan

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding pool drains.  Trixie Belden and the Mystery on the Mississippi introduced me to that danger when the bad guys tried to hurt Trixie by opening the pool drain. Nope, don't go near them and yes I am a nerd where Trixie Belden is concerned. 

When my niece was young she fell into a drain that had a broken cover. This was at a holiday camp in England. Fortunately, she was too big to go all the way down, and her parents were right there. Bruises and scrapes, but no major injuries. Terrifying.

@WiseGirl, I may be in like with you merely for a Trixie Belsen reference.  (I had Trixie books that were given to me by cousins.  I added to that and the a few years ago passed said collection off to another cousins kids). 

Showing my age, but I loved the Trixie Beldon books. They were published when I was in upper primary school, and I would save up my picket money and ride my bike to the newsagent whenever a new one was due to be released.  Good times. 

Spurgeon and Ben being cute on NYE. If you scroll right, there's a group shot that includes Jessa and Henry, as well (and then the standard 'fundie wife staring adoringly at her husband' shot.

Anyone who doesn't know about Trixie Beldon is missing out. I collect vintage kitsch books and I have all the editions. It's fascinating how Trixie and her "gang" changed with time. I'm a total book need...

Isnt that Danielle in those pics? I get them confused sometimes. I think Danielle is the really stunning one. 

So I think I have the opposite of Tryptomania. When I googled it and saw all those weird pore pictures all I wanted to do was see more, and to see stuff coming out of the holes. Is there a word for that lol. Im weird right? 

Dr Pimple Popper is getting her own show on TLC, and people are hating it according to TLC's FB. I'm one of those people who is both weirdly facinated and grossed out at the same time.

16 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

Isnt that Danielle in those pics? I get them confused sometimes. I think Danielle is the really stunning one. 

Oops, you're right! I meant Danielle. I think. I edited my post. :pb_lol: To be fair, though, all of Ben's sisters are really pretty. I think Michelle is the other one in the photo and Jessica is the pretty but gross Trump loving one who left home.

Danielle is a stunner. I remember when she was first seen on TV, somebody commented that she looks a bit like Lorde (if I remember correctly, she's a good singer too).

I vote that Danielle hooks up with Jedidiah (I think that's the twin with the good hair).  We've already seen adorble kids from the pairing of Seewald/Duggar genes, I bet these two's would follow that trend.

@VeryNikeSeamstress A question that has haunted me for years: Are Chip and Dale named after the chippendale dancers, or are the chippendale dancers named after Chip and Dale? And why?

Growing up I was scared that I’d get sucked in to the end of an escalator. I was also afraid ocean waves would carry me out to the middle of the ocean, where I’d drown.

And now I have a new fear after reading this and the last thread: pool drains.

Last year this 8-year old boy in Belgium died because his hand got stuck in the drain of a jacuzzi.

Imagine the water being so shallow but you are still drowning. The parents were there too but not able to pull him out. The story was all over the news here and it really makes me scared of jacuzzi's now.

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

@VeryNikeSeamstress A question that has haunted me for years: Are Chip and Dale named after the chippendale dancers, or are the chippendale dancers named after Chip and Dale? And why?

well, there's Chippendale furniture going back to, what the eighteenth century? So I imagine they're both named after that. 

I'm not sure about the origin of the Chippendale name, all I know is that I want to see a cartoon show 'Chippendale Rescue Rangers'... Studly shirtless men in bowties who vanquish their enemies with synchronized pelvic thrusting routines.

7 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Dr Pimple Popper is getting her own show on TLC, and people are hating it according to TLC's FB. I'm one of those people who is both weirdly facinated and grossed out at the same time.

I love seeing pimples being popped and I also like popping them myself. It's kinda... rewarding (?) to see. Like you've done a job successfully. Yeah, I'm weird. Except for my phobia, that's absoluty common: spiders. Only a dead spider is a good one.

Youtube is FULL of videos of pimple popping, black head extractions, comedones, pores of winer, cystic acme. cysts.  It is both disgusting and satisfying at the same time. I find my self watching them late at night when I'm wanting to relax and go to sleep. And judging by the views and comments, I am NOT alone.  

6 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Growing up I was scared that I’d get sucked in to the end of an escalator. I was also afraid ocean waves would carry me out to the middle of the ocean, where I’d drown.

And now I have a new fear after reading this and the last thread: pool drains.

I grew up near a huge resevoir with a drainage  hole in the middle. Just walking past on the safe side of the fence gave me the willies. For years I had bad dreams involving that place. The drainage hole was used to provide water to the old locks on the canal system during dry spells. Just the thought of all that hundred year old plumbing and drainage system worried me. Watching IT brought back bad dreams for a week or so! Not just because I've always HATED clowns and see no point in their existance, (and read the book when first published eons ago!), but because of the subterranean scenes in Pennywise's lair. 

Ugh.

Tearing off blackhead strips and seeing the little bastards on there gives me a strange sense of satisfaction! 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Tearing off blackhead strips and seeing the little bastards on there gives me a strange sense of satisfaction! 

Me too! 

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Youtube is FULL of videos of pimple popp8ing, black head extractions, comedones, pores of winer, cystic acme. cysts.  It is both disgusting and satisfying at the same time. I find my self watching them late at night when I'm wanting to relax and go to sleep. And judging by the views and comments, I am NOT alone.  

Ahahha i once made the mistake to check it in you tube once and now i once in a while i go down that rabbit hole anf found myself searching for more videos   :5624795f4c374_32(38): 

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Youtube is FULL of videos of pimple popping, black head extractions, comedones, pores of winer, cystic acme. cysts.  It is both disgusting and satisfying at the same time. I find my self watching them late at night when I'm wanting to relax and go to sleep. And judging by the views and comments, I am NOT alone.  

For me the really satisfying ones are the professional ear wax removal videos. It's insane how much wax some people have built up in their ears. They must feel like they have super sonic hearing after they get it all cleared out.

6 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I'm not sure about the origin of the Chippendale name, all I know is that I want to see a cartoon show 'Chippendale Rescue Rangers'... Studly shirtless men in bowties who vanquish their enemies with synchronized pelvic thrusting routines.

Yes!!! I need this to happen. How do we make this become a thing?

5 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Except for my phobia, that's absoluty common: spiders. Only a dead spider is a good one.

I’m very proud of myself for my arachnophobia lessening over the years. Now if I had the choice between jumping out a window and being in the same room as a spider, I wouldn’t automatically choose the former. It depends on the size of the 8 legged-monster. I also no longer automatically shriek like a banshee. 

Speaking of which, when I was 3 my family found a large spider in our basement. My parents flushed it, and it was big enough it tried to fight the current. Maybe that’s why as an adult I always insist that spiders get flushed, otherwise if you throw them in the garbage they will come back to life with all their brothers and sisters and kill me. Anyway, I was small enough that I had to use both hands to show how big the spider was. I kept doing that as I got older. By the time I was a preteen, I remembered that spider as Aragog. After that event, any time I had to go to the bathroom when I was playing in the basement I would go upstairs. I refused to use that bathroom because I was afraid there was a giant spider lying in wait. Then, at my 12th birthday party, my crush used said bathroom before I could stop him. I panicked. He was going to die, I was sure of it. How would I explain to his mother that a spider killed him, my future husband? Then he came out of he bathroom unscathed and alive, so I determined that the bathroom was safe.

I never told him this story, but he’d probably find it hilarious since his twin sister is/was more arachnophobic than I am.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived