IGNORED

Seewalds 29: Still Marketing Cute Kids

Coconut Flan

I was noting the radio silence from Jessa as well. She does sometimes have breaks but she rarely goes this long. Makes me think that we are going to get the third baby announcement soon! 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now i'm wondering will we have first the third baby announce or the Si courtship?  And what TLC will show us? JoKen wedding again? Or JAustin house work? I guess same old boring rinse and repete frame

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I was noting the radio silence from Jessa as well. She does sometimes have breaks but she rarely goes this long. Makes me think that we are going to get the third baby announcement soon! 

Maybe all the speculation of her being pregnant in that "congrats, Vuolos" video was right so she's laying low? Not sure why that would keep her from posting about the boys though. Unless morning sickness is keeping her from caring about cutesy photos and videos.

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't think we've seen many photos of Jessa herself recently, either. I really feel like some Duggar girls are coming...maybe for Kendra, Jinger, AND Jessa! (I'd be shocked if Joy didn't have a boy, for some reason.) Maybe Jessa is waiting for a romantic Valentine's Day announcement? She does like attention...and to torment her fans/family with her offspring-related secrecy. ;) Not that I blame her. If I was on national tv since I was like 10, I'd be pretty secretive too.

On 1/18/2018 at 5:08 PM, VineHeart137 said:

Maybe all the speculation of her being pregnant in that "congrats, Vuolos" video was right so she's laying low? Not sure why that would keep her from posting about the boys though. Unless morning sickness is keeping her from caring about cutesy photos and videos.

Maybe it's because all her babysitters are in Australia? If she relies on her siblings for childcare as much as some people speculate, she might not have the time to take pictures while they're gone.

I'm not one to think Jessa is using the TTH as a child care system as much as she's using it as a sort of playground for the kids. I think she just goes over there all the time because if you live close to your family and the alternative is sitting at home all day without any other adults or people to talk to besides toddlers, why not pop on over and see your family and hang out there instead? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure caring for the kids is easier over there because they are entertained by all the other kids, the toys, the constant circus that probably is the TTH, plus more eyes to watch when the boys are getting into something they shouldn't. But I don't see the older Lost Girls being forced to change all the diapers while Jessa lounges or anything.

I think if the Lost Girls are used as a true child care system at any point, it's during the newborn stage for any of the older kids' offspring. I could see them staying at Jessa's house to take  care of Spurgeon and Henry while Jessa is busy with the newborn, for instance.

4 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I'm not one to think Jessa is using the TTH as a child care system as much as she's using it as a sort of playground for the kids. I think she just goes over there all the time because if you live close to your family and the alternative is sitting at home all day without any other adults or people to talk to besides toddlers, why not pop on over and see your family and hang out there instead? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure caring for the kids is easier over there because they are entertained by all the other kids, the toys, the constant circus that probably is the TTH, plus more eyes to watch when the boys are getting into something they shouldn't. But I don't see the older Lost Girls being forced to change all the diapers while Jessa lounges or anything.

I think if the Lost Girls are used as a true child care system at any point, it's during the newborn stage for any of the older kids' offspring. I could see them staying at Jessa's house to take  care of Spurgeon and Henry while Jessa is busy with the newborn, for instance.

This! I really don't think there is anything wrong with grandchildren spending large amounts of time at their grandparents. My very very many cousins and I were always getting dropped off at Gramma's house at one point or the other and it was usually always very fun to get to spend time with kids your own age (or close enough.) It was never really used as a babysitting thing at all, just a place where the cousins could hand out. 

6 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I agree, my sister lives near me and comes round when she knows either myself or my mum are off. She gets bored after she has taken the kids to school and done the house work, she works part time. Jessa is a full time mum and as cute as the boys are she may want adult company with her parents and siblings. Spurgeon enjoys playing with the other kids around him. 

Any chance to share pictures of my baby! He's a 6 year old coonhound. We got him from a shelter a year ago, and as far as we know, he had at least 3 families before us. It breaks my heart because he's a wonderful dog and is losing a bunch of extra weight now that we've finally got him on thyroid meds [emoji4] Here he is in his fanciest Christmas sweater [emoji4] 

IMG_1593.thumb.JPG.457665d377854b247fe839cd7b304b43.JPG

Love this so much. I have two full beagles and a beagle/terrier mix (she bays AND digs [emoji12]), all rescues. I lost my oldest rescued boy in August. Anyway, my oldest full beagle was in 5 homes that I know of before coming to live with me 8 years ago. It was 6 months before she’d drink water out of a bowl, about a year before she’d accept a treat from my hand, but she has always been the sweetest dog and she’s just blossomed since that first year. [emoji173]️

9c971fe04478d067c61f4625f0826e99.jpg

8 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

...But I don't see the older Lost Girls being forced to change all the diapers while Jessa lounges or anything.

Totally agree with your assessment. Still, some of the birthday posts for the little girls mention babysitting (I think Jordyn's mentioned that she helps "keep little babies entertained") so they're definitely being viewed as "little helpers" by the family, even if in their own minds they're just playing with their cousins.

I’m the oldest of 18 cousins.  There’s a kid like every 1.5 years over a 25 year period.  When I was a pre-teen/early teen I became the mother hen at family functions, but my aunts and uncles were always very insistent that they didn’t put too much responsibility on me.  I almost never changed diapers or anything like that.  I’m all for cousins/nieces and nephews growing up closely, I just would hate to for the younger sisters taking on too much with their little nieces and nephews.

Critters!

We have 2 cats, Luke & Leia, aka Death & Destruction...the reasons we don't put up a Christmas tree, have no indoor plants and had to replace a 50 inch TV. 

Luke is a 16lb dog/cat. He's overly affectionate, plays fetch, whines like a dog, falls off the cat tree, back of the couch, the top of the recliner. He has an easy 5 foot vertical leap, thinks the world is coming to an end if he can see the bottom of his bowl, is overly fond of tortillas, bread and pizza crust. He also greets me when I come home. He also DEMANDS pets and pats. He'll reach out his paw to catch your hand. The first and second times it's without claws. The third time is full claw. 

Leia is his sister. 12lbs of prissy bitch kitty. Affectionate on HER terms, thinks my husband is HERS, drinks coffee and tea, ends all the fights her brother starts (as evidenced by the tufts of his hair left on the floor). Her favorite method of being affectionate is headbutts/rubs. The first is gentle, the second is a little harder, the third she rams the top of her head into your skull. 

They both have purrs that can be heard across the room.

they're cheap entertainment. I'd love to have dogs again, but with the cats we can go out all day or even overnight and not worry too much about them. 

The Canada Goose thing made me laugh. I saw like 80 geese, ducks, and various other birds hanging out on a frozen river today. Jessa should come to Canada and go for a walk with me, her mind would be BLOWN! :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, nst said:

i swear i saw an instagram story today of a swan outside her house. 

perhaps that is a sign 

of a soon pregnancy announcement. 

Hmm...a swan spotted on an outdoor walk? Didn't Jessa walk a lot to induce labor with Spurgeon?

New theory: Jessa secretly conceived nine months ago and has been skillfully disguising her pregnancy ever since with photoshop and fervent anti-paparazzi prayer. She will deliver another Duggar grandson tonight. His name will be announced in 2023. (Spoiler alert: it's CalvinFlameheartNoPope4MeTozer SavedByFaithNotDeeds Seewald.)

49 minutes ago, bananabread said:

Hmm...a swan spotted on an outdoor walk? Didn't Jessa walk a lot to induce labor with Spurgeon?

New theory: Jessa secretly conceived nine months ago and has been skillfully disguising her pregnancy ever since with photoshop and fervent anti-paparazzi prayer. 

Haha! It would be just like Jessa to swoop and steal everyone's courting and baby announcement glory with a surprise baby delivery.

Just when I for sure think that Joy upstaging Josiah by going into labour at his wedding could be the unexpected showstopper of the upcoming season...Jessa shoves them all aside, steals a camera from the crew and actually films herself delivering her surprise baby at Josiah's nuptials while Joy goes through contractions in the background.

I didn't change a nappy or diaper until I had my own kids, even though I have nieces and nephews, and have friends who had babies before me. Also no one changed my kids' nappies apart from my husband unless I wasn't actually there. It seems so weird to me to ask someone else to do your nasty work for you. I do admit to being one of those people who doesn't ask for, or want, help.

I know in Duggarland kids look after kids, but I hope Jordan etc aren't always looking after Jessa's kids and doing her dirty work for her, with 2 kids she really has no excuse, even using Duggar logic. I'm sure those wee girls have enough shit in their lives.:my_confused:

8 hours ago, bananabread said:

New theory: Jessa secretly conceived nine months ago and has been skillfully disguising her pregnancy ever since with photoshop and fervent anti-paparazzi prayer. She will deliver another Duggar grandson tonight. His name will be announced in 2023. (Spoiler alert: it's CalvinFlameheartNoPope4MeTozer SavedByFaithNotDeeds Seewald.)

or THEY ARE adopting and the swan from Canada is the sign to us/me

1 hour ago, Kak said:

I didn't change a nappy or diaper until I had my own kids, even though I have nieces and nephews, and have friends who had babies before me. Also no one changed my kids' nappies apart from my husband unless I wasn't actually there. It seems so weird to me to ask someone else to do your nasty work for you. I do admit to being one of those people who doesn't ask for, or want, help.

I know in Duggarland kids look after kids, but I hope Jordan etc aren't always looking after Jessa's kids and doing her dirty work for her, with 2 kids she really has no excuse, even using Duggar logic. I'm sure those wee girls have enough shit in their lives.:my_confused:

I’m the same way. Almost every diaper our daughter has had changed has been done by me or my husband. The exceptions are her week in NICU and the one or two times my mom changed one when she was watching her for us. 

I was more than happy to help out with my nephew though, even if his parents were there. I needed practice (as I was pregnant) and I figured they might like a break occasionally (which they appreciated.) So I usually don’t judge parents who are cool with family members helping out in some capacity. If someone is abusing that help (like Michelle and JimBob did with their daughters) it’s another matter though. 

9 hours ago, bananabread said:

She was in a car, not walking. You can see the top of the window and the door frame here:

DACA4778-826A-4ECD-B2B7-272A6CFDBF8C.thumb.png.880536d2be4396d336c1e3c69d1cdf7b.png

I do very much like your name suggestion though. :pb_lol:

Guys, clearly the name is going to be Jesus Goose Seewald.

I'm still chuckling over that video. "He doesn't even realize how cool he is!" I wish I could get that much enjoyment out of looking at a goose. I hate those things. :pb_lol:

Pets! Here are som pics of my boys. 

IMG_4768.jpg.f34d95d7f57a93c5d5db08d31ebe274c.jpg

This is Chicas, the best and cuddliest bichon frisé. Unfortunately he got sick a year ago so we had to put him down. I still miss him so much! 

13781838_10157207040770254_1859195513477483025_n.jpg.a487abd3d35146debaf671e8669967b4.jpg

This is Ludvig, the current fellow around. He is a mixed bag of candy (that's what my mum calls him, he's a mix of chihuahua, bichon frisé and yorkie)

On 1/18/2018 at 9:44 PM, Italiangirl said:

Now i'm wondering will we have first the third baby announce or the Si courtship?  And what TLC will show us? JoKen wedding again? Or JAustin house work? I guess same old boring rinse and replete? 

None of the above, my good friend. My insider sources have confirmed that the opening episode of the next season will feature the betrothal ceremony of Spurgeon Elliot Seewald and Kaci Lynn Bates. (Originally the children's grandparents had planned to match Israel David Dillard with Kaci, but due to the Dillards' removal from the show, the girl was chattled to a new, PR-friendlier future husband.)

My sources tell me that Spurgeon will attempt to give Kaci a promise ring (actually a sour key), but she will mistake the ring for candy and promptly eat it off of her finger. Spurgeon's parents will laugh for the camera but secretly question if this girl is disciplined enough to be a good wife for their firstborn.

The betrothal will end quietly a few months later, but not until after half of the gifts are bought for the eventually-to-be couple on their Macy's registry. 

11 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Just when I for sure think that Joy upstaging Josiah by going into labour at his wedding could be the unexpected showstopper of the upcoming season...Jessa shoves them all aside, steals a camera from the crew and actually films herself delivering her surprise baby at Josiah's nuptials while Joy goes through contractions in the background.

With all the Duggar births and weddings I actually wouldn't be surprised if one day a Duggar goes into labor during her sibling's wedding. At least if it's Jill there won't be much thunder stolen since she seems to like to wait a good while before heading to the hospital :pb_lol:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived