IGNORED

Fort Smith Mosque pays fine for man who vandalized mosque

47of74

A Fort Smith mosque did the man who vandalized it a solid....

October of 2016 Swastika's etched in spray paint and the words "go home" covered the front of the Masjid Al Salam. 

Abraham Davis' felony charge consisted of community service and a hefty fine.

"We heard that he was having financial problems," Nassri said. "Now if you don't pay your fine, that's an automatic six years in jail. Well, we didn't want him to go to jail for six years."

So just before the new year arrives, president of Al Salam Louay Nassri decided to write a check for one-thousand seven hundred dollars to wipe away the rest of Davis' fines.

The members of that mosque are better people than I am.  I'd rather be with them than the orange fornicate and his legions of "Christian" groupies.

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

The members of that mosque are better people than I am.  I'd rather be with them than the orange fornicate and his legions of "Christian" groupies.

Nice to see some people taking the high road in the world.

Something similar happened in my town a year or so ago. The next door neighbor of a mosque shot the building up one night when it was unoccupied and was charged with a hate crime. The congregation embraced and forgave him. Many members of my UU church attended the service, and invited the mosque members to our church for a service.

To be honest, I think it is a bigger punishment for the vandal to know that these people were so kind to pay the fine. Going to jail would maybe just make him proud because he suffered for his ideals.

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

To be honest, I think it is a bigger punishment for the vandal to know that these people were so kind to pay the fine. Going to jail would maybe just make him proud because he suffered for his ideals.

That is why kindness is described as heaping coals: it actually hurts more than fire to do bad and be repaid with good.  Thanks FJ for the impromptu example of an application of scripture......  :D  Waves to Stevehovah with an upraised middle finger from all the grannies in my family.

On 1/1/2018 at 2:14 PM, 47of74 said:

They can teach Derick and Cathy how to live a Godly life.

Archived