IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 2: On to the Honeymoon Somewhere Warm

Coconut Flan

25 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

He might have found out and made John fast for his “sin” to the point that he looks sick now. From the photos it looks like he ran out of that church. 

I wonder what Steve’s sister tho is of the way he’s screwed over his kids. I’m surprised she was there, wonder if that was all John’s doing. 

I wonder if Aunt Tami and Uncle Rob from Alabama came.

Ok I'm on my lunch break watching clips of the national college football championship game on ESPN and they showed an Alabama player proposing to his gf.  They have a long smooch and he certainly didn't do this:

JandE-176-425x283.jpg

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d hate for any kind of public kiss to be a stupid dip, but it’d be 1000 times worse if it was my first and everyone knew about it. It must be utterly terrifying for your husband to just grab you and forcibly dip you in front of hundreds of people like that, without any warning. 

Didn't some other fundie do a dip kiss? There’s no photo of Chris and NR-Anna’s first kiss. Joseph took those photos - on the whole Joseph’s are better than Chris’s but some of the ones in that album are bad. 

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Also that I think Chris gets an outsize portion of snark. But that’s a topic for another day, especially since I can’t quite put my finger on why I feel that way, and certainly have no empirical evidence!

IMO, Chris gets an outsize portion of snark because his wedding pictures are so unbelievably dreadful.  And public.  I actually feel sorrier for him than for some of the other Maxwells.  And I feel sorry for them all.

Nathan and Chris are the ones that probably remember the bad old days of Teri's depression best.  They must be overjoyed that their wives don't seem prone to depression.

Nathan has had the initiative to work outside the family business, we have a soft spot for Melanie, and they don't often expose themselves to our snark.  They seem relatively normal.  And happy.

Poor Chris has been deluded into thinking he is a professional photographer.  He had the Maxwell instilled arrogance to try to give advice to "amateurs" and should be embarrassed by those sections of his blog.  He also seems like a passive and good natured kind of guy.  A follower rather than a leader, content to work for Steve.  And now content to report to Joseph, who is definitely the lead on Swift Otter.

I think what @usmcmom is picking up on - is that Chris is actually (gasp) happy.  And perhaps more confident than he used to be.  Being married has been good for him.  Perhaps he is getting secure enough to ease up on the grip of death on Anna's arm, and the need to swagger.  He has a lovely adoring wife, who is a competent and frugal mother and also wants as many children as God gives them.  He's trundling on contentedly at the moment.  The thing that worries me is that the family will get big enough to overwhelm NR Anna (even with the Aunties help), and Chris will not be able to afford to feed and clothe them all.

Of all of them, I think Joseph is Steve's mini-me.  He seems to be the real brains and incentive behind Swift Otter.  He had better do well with it because it will have to support a lot of people in the future.  CCI, and Steve and Teri's book sales, won't go on forever.

4 hours ago, theologygeek said:

It's not a more modern custom to have a meal at a wedding.  I'm 55 and have never been to a wedding without a meal being served.  A few were buffets, but most were sit down meals.  My mother is 81 and most of the weddings she has been to have also been extravagant.  There are a lot of factors involved.  The region, the background heritage of the bride and groom, the religion either one of them practices, etc  An Italian Catholic wedding in the Northeast is one example of extravagance.  I have never been to a wedding reception in a church hall, and I have been to many weddings in my life.  A Catholic's funeral after party is even fancier than a Maxwell wedding reception. 

Yep, you’re absolutely right. My parents had very little money and still contributed a bit to my wedding (after not paying for college or my last two years of Catholic high school). It was that important to them. Big cathedral, long train (I made my dress), a trumpet (really...it was shortly after Chuck and Di’s wedding).  The reception meal was a buffet because even that stretched the limit of the budget, and there was a DJ instead of a band, but there was lots and lots of evil dancing and ALCOHOL!!

i later moved to North Carolina for a year and went to my first Southern Baptist wedding...and wore my dancing shoes!  I still laugh about that. An hour after the wedding started, we were walking back to our cars. Cake and punch, standing at the back of the church. No wonder my Southern Baptist Mother in law was so shocked at our wedding. 

But suddenly, it was time. The doors swung open, and we quickly became a jumble of trying to get in line. With 14 bridesmaids, and going in the opposite order, well, you have to think quick.

Okay, I guess I am a dog with a bone with this wedding post. In reading it AGAIN, I noticed this portion, above. 

She makes it seem as though the bridesmaids did not even line themselves up until the doors opened for the processional. That would mean all of the wedding guests could look back and see all those women shuffling around trying to line themselves up like a bunch of first-day kindergarteners. 

WHY?!?

Why were these attendants not lined up and prepared BEFORE the doors opened?!? It is not that hard. 

What exactly did these people rehearse the night before? And what, exactly, did Chelsy...you know...organize for this, the most important day of her life?!? 

Also, WHAT is my obsession with this particular post?!? Somebody help me! 

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Nathan and Chris are the ones that probably remember the bad old days of Teri's depression best.  They must be overjoyed that their wives don't seem prone to depression.

Or they let them drive across town and see a real doctor for real meds?

13 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Or they let them drive across town and see a real doctor for real meds?

Could be.  Although both Nathan and Chris have endorsed and used Scamaritan.  Last time I checked, any history of mental health issues treated with meds not prayer makes people ineligible for Scamaritan.   

I love this non-fundy question on the Bontragers blog. What will Chelsy do in Kansas???? BE A WIFE AND MOTHER OF COURSE. 

Congrats.JPG

Hello!  I haven't posted in an age.  Did anyone notice that on the photo looking out at the wedding guests in the church a man's face is blotted out on the left about halfway back. He appears to be standing up and it looks like someone marked up his face so we can't see who it is. I am curious as all get out what that is all about!!!  image.png.8ea79bb3a9df0023fd2dea8fcd44dea5.png

So I notice that the flower girls/bell ringers went into the pews. Who were they with? I’m assuming relatives, seeing as their parents were up on stage. Surely Abby can’t have been in sole charge of all of them??

27 minutes ago, JennJenn said:

Hello!  I haven't posted in an age.  Did anyone notice that on the photo looking out at the wedding guests in the church a man's face is blotted out on the left about halfway back. He appears to be standing up and it looks like someone marked up his face so we can't see who it is. I am curious as all get out what that is all about!!!  image.png.8ea79bb3a9df0023fd2dea8fcd44dea5.png

Oh wow! Good find! My first thought is that it must be Josh Duggar.. The girl next to him could be a Duggar child but all the girls present have that same long hair so, who knows?  There is a young man about three people to our left of mystery man that made me think of Michael Bates' husband.  Is it Brandon? He just has the same short hair. 

Who else would the Maxwells want to hide? Maybe Tabitha Paine's husband? I don't know enough about them to even know his name or if the families are close.  

This is very intriguing. 

37 minutes ago, JennJenn said:

Did anyone notice that on the photo looking out at the wedding guests in the church a man's face is blotted out on the left about halfway back. He appears to be standing up and it looks like someone marked up his face so we can't see who it is. I am curious as all get out what that is all about!!! 

Good eye!

That man is also barely visible at the top of the picture they used for the blog entry's title banner.  He appears to have his head bowed, so his face is obscured by the person in front of him.  He's rather small in that image, but he may have some grey in his hair, as well as a partially-receded hairline.

Very interesting.

I took a screen shot of the title banner, in case Steve decides to change it. 

If they followed traditional wedding seating, that man would be sitting on the groom's side, I think. Of course, these families are all so connected, they are probably all mutual friends. Definitely, this is someone that Steve was embarrassed to have at the wedding. 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Also, fess up--who asked this?

kiss.JPG

Ok, Sarah.  We totally believe that was their first kiss!

I'm usually strongly against idle speculation that brainwashed Fundies miraculously manage to overcome their programming and anticipate the all important "First Kiss Saved For Marriage!"  

In this case though, I am on board.  John and Chelsy seem way too ... comfortable.

54 minutes ago, JennJenn said:

Hello!  I haven't posted in an age.  Did anyone notice that on the photo looking out at the wedding guests in the church a man's face is blotted out on the left about halfway back. 

Welcome back!  And good catch.  My money is on Josh Duggar. 

But there are other reasons someone might want to keep their attendance at this blessed event under wraps.  They may have asked to be blacked out - rather than the Maxwells deciding to block their faces.

41 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

So I notice that the flower girls/bell ringers went into the pews. Who were they with? I’m assuming relatives, seeing as their parents were up on stage. Surely Abby can’t have been in sole charge of all of them??

Cathy Jo?  Of course, their grandparents (Steve and Teri) were also sitting in the pews.  I expect Steve fixed them with his gimlet eyes.

On the livestream I spotted JD Duggar sitting in the way back. So I doubt that is Josh. I'd Josh did attend the wedding, I'm guessing he would sit with family members. 

I've figured out the blurred face. It's actually an iPad with a stick attachment in front of his face. The guy is the one who recorded for the live stream. You guys crack me up. 

IF that is Josh Duggar, it just shows Steve's hypocrisy yet again. 

I mean, if it's okay to have him at the wedding, then just let the world know he's your friend, Steve. 

On the other hand, could they have been there as guests of the Bontrager family? It will be interesting to see if the same face is blurred out in photos posted by them. 

This is like a creepy game of Fundie Clue. 

"Steve did it in the sanctuary with a bottle of white out." 

1 minute ago, usmcmom said:

IF that is Josh Duggar, it just shows Steve's hypocrisy yet again. 

I mean, if it's okay to have him at the wedding, then just let the world know he's your friend, Steve. 

On the other hand, could they have been there as guests of the Bontrager family? It will be interesting to see if the same face is blurred out in photos posted by them. 

This is like a creepy game of Fundie Clue. 

"Steve did it in the sanctuary with a bottle of white out." 

It's just the guy who did the live stream. The gray part is the iPad and the black part is the stick connector to hold it. 

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Could be.  Although both Nathan and Chris have endorsed and used Scamaritan.  Last time I checked, any history of mental health issues treated with meds not prayer makes people ineligible for Scamaritan.   

Not having any dept, they could simply pay cash.

But having household help (the spinster sisters-in-law) probably helps  a lot though.

1 hour ago, JennJenn said:

You and me both, sistah!!

if you look at the top photo on the current  titus2 blog, the man’s face is obscured by the individual Sitting in front of him, but the mystery man has very dark hair and a large widows peak. He’s also pretty broad shouldered. And he seem to be getting up just about the time people were coming up to lay hands on the couple. Here’s my first guess – – Steve’s brother?

BTW, Because it seems likely to me that the Blog’s current photos Will soon be cropped to get this guy Completely out of the picture, I saved both photos – – cropped to show him as large as I could – – to my phone.

I have no idea how to post a photo from my phone onto the sport, but if the photos to disappear, I’ll be glad to email them or text them to anybody on freejinger who knows how to do that.   If the photos do disappear, which, given Steve’s recent attention to this site, they may not – – just to keep us guessing!

My second thought – – and this one made me giggle – – was since he’s wearing a black suit, black tie and white shirt, he’s with the FBI? Maybe coming to extract some secret that Steve took with him from the airplane factory? Just kidding. It is very strange get up  compared to the rest of the men in attendance, though. And I’m trying to think where I’ve seen a widows peak hairline that severe, before. 

3 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

You and me both, sistah!!

if you look at the head photo on tits2 blog, the man’s face is obscured by the individual Sitting in front of him, but the mystery man has very dark here in a large widows peak. He’s also pretty broad shouldered. And he seem to be getting up just about the time people were coming up to lay hands on the couple. Here’s my first guess – – Steve’s brother?

Look above his head and to the left and you'll see the iPad propped up recording the live stream. That's what obscures his face in the other picture. He must be in charge of the recording. 

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's just the guy who did the live stream. The gray part is the iPad and the black part is the stick connector to hold it. 

Aw, nuts! Really!? I’m disappointed. LOL

Btw I'm enjoying the crazy conspiracy theories that have spawned just from a dude with an iPad in front of his face. 

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

On the livestream I spotted JD Duggar sitting in the way back. So I doubt that is Josh. I'd Josh did attend the wedding, I'm guessing he would sit with family members. 

I've figured out the blurred face. It's actually an iPad with a stick attachment in front of his face. The guy is the one who recorded for the live stream. You guys crack me up. 

Happy to oblige!!! Im cracking up at myself, Ace Investigator!!

13 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Not having any dept, they could simply pay cash.

But then they would still be ineligible for Scamaritan.  Unless they lied on the accountability front.  Scamaritan is big on that.

For Steve is an honourable man.  So are they all, all honourable men. (Sorry, Shakespeare.)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived