IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 8: Expecting the Expected (a Boy)

samurai_sarah

17 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

’m in NJ the weather this past 2 weeks has been horrible!  

I was in NYC Christmas Day and a few days afterward. I was in Uniqlo TWICE to buy HeatTech stuff. It was SO cold. And the wind was horrific. At least it was sunny. lol

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today it’s 27 Farenheit in Connecticut. After multiple single digit days it feels like a fucking heat wave! :pb_lol:

I woke up this morning and went for a run, it was chilly and there was frost but I figured I was just being a wimp about it after having a lazy December, came home to realise it was -9C which is about 15ishF so maybe i'm not a wimp after all!

Its like 40 here and I’m so happy. Except now I have a sinus thing or cold whatever. So my ass is still on the couch. Buuuut my 3 yo is the only one home so we can watch Frozen (4 yo hates this movie and wont let us watch it). 

it is currently 19* and a snow/ice/freezing rain/sleet storm is expected with 2 hours. our children have had one full day of school since dec 22 and they have yet another 1/2 day today. when is spring?

41 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Today it’s 27 Farenheit in Connecticut. After multiple single digit days it feels like a fucking heat wave! :pb_lol:

Yes it does. I didn't wear my heavy coat today!!  It felt great. I hope by Friday I can wear my sneakers for the first time in almost 2 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

it is currently 19* and a snow/ice/freezing rain/sleet storm is expected with 2 hours. our children have had one full day of school since dec 22 and they have yet another 1/2 day today. when is spring?

A few years back in the month of January their was not a full week of school. Many delayed opens during that month. 

56 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Agree. It's 35 here, and I didn't wear my super-heavy coat OR a hat OR a scarf OR gloves OR boots today. lol

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

It is 40 here in Iowa today, I had roll my windows down in the car, the sun is out and it was too hot with my jacket (not my big winter coat, just a light weight jacket) on I'm such a Midwesterner.   :lol: 

26112480_10155008642256345_1608801075748429665_n.jpg

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

26112480_10155008642256345_1608801075748429665_n.jpg

I love, love, love this! We had -15 or colder in upstate NY this weekend. I have about 5 levels of jackets/coats, all the way up to my blizzard parka. Do people in warmer climates even know that long johns come in different weights/temperature ratings? I kept my long johns on for 3 straight days. No comments on my shower frequency cause my old house is cold!

problem with warmer temps is snow melting fast = flooding.

I'm a certified midwife assistant, and the main dangers we were warned about during pregnancy were things like drinking, drugs, taking Accutane, getting in drive-by's, et cetera. No big food or drink no no's, just eat healthy and make sure to wash everything. Now might not be the time to climb Mount Everest, but regular activities unless put on bedrest for preeclampsia or something are fine. We had to wear these pregnancy simulator things, and I was tired just from wearing that darn thing for an hour, so shoutout to all the expecting moms out there, all I wanted to do was take a nap. 

8 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

I have no idea where you’re from, but it sure sounds like the situation we’re in.  These kids need to get back on schedule. 

12 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

I have no idea where you’re from,,

look left, under my awesome weenie mobile, location is city of brotherly love ( or, you know, philadelphia :my_sleepy:)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt like I was in a heatwave in 30F weather yesterday. :pb_lol: 

28 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt like I was in a heatwave in 30F weather yesterday. :pb_lol: 

Today it's suppose to be 40 by me. I put my heavy coat in the closet!!  

It probably says something about my personality but I don’t mind UK winters. I can suffer the grey and the wind but I cannot deal with snow. I hate the stuff. I think I’ll only ever visit the USA in the summer. (And stick to the AC because I don’t like the heat either!)

15 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

I love, love, love this! We had -15 or colder in upstate NY this weekend. I have about 5 levels of jackets/coats, all the way up to my blizzard parka. Do people in warmer climates even know that long johns come in different weights/temperature ratings? I kept my long johns on for 3 straight days. No comments on my shower frequency cause my old house is cold!

problem with warmer temps is snow melting fast = flooding.

No I did not know there different types of long johns. I don’t own a coat heavier than a pea coat. 

I have three levels of long johns. Uniqlo:  HeatTech, HeatTech Extra Warm, and HeatTech Ultra. lol

It's finally starting to get colder here! And we also had two sunny days over the past week! So far, it hasn't felt like winter at all - though that's kind of normal. We had three days of snow early December, which I loved, but the entire country was in disarray during those days. That kind of indicates how often it snows here (and how poorly prepared all municipalities and public transportation are for the eventuality of snow). Besides that, the average temperature in December was 4,9 degrees Celsius, which I don't consider cold, and we had approximately 25 hours of sunshine (I live close to the Dutch meteorological institute, which conducts all those measurements). Stephenie Meyers could have just as easily set Twilight's story in the Netherlands.

I’m in Ireland. And while it seldom snows, and winter temperatures are usually just above freezing, it’s damp and grey all the time. Sunset is 4pm in winter. There’s a constant thick blanket of grey cloud. Today I cannot turn off the lights in the house because it’s so dark. It’s hard to endure today. Everyone is Christmas broke, back to work/school, there’s a chilling wind and a rainy mist out there. 

The upshot is is that we will have daylight till 11pm in June which is lovely. But not much heat. Goddam temperate climate.

15 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I have three levels of long johns. Uniqlo:  HeatTech, HeatTech Extra Warm, and HeatTech Ultra. lol

I'm jealous of your long johns, after this last cold spell. Bet you never expected anyone to say that!!!!! I have 1 pair, medium weight. & just got another pair of the pants. I don't see the point of the light silk ones.

14 minutes ago, Irishy said:

I’m in Ireland. And while it seldom snows, and winter temperatures are usually just above freezing, it’s damp and grey all the time. Sunset is 4pm in winter. There’s a constant thick blanket of grey cloud. Today I cannot turn off the lights in the house because it’s so dark. It’s hard to endure today. Everyone is Christmas broke, back to work/school, there’s a chilling wind and a rainy mist out there. 

The upshot is is that we will have daylight till 11pm in June which is lovely. But not much heat. Goddam temperate climate.

That sounds like where I live!! (Albeit, north of Seattle)

18 hours ago, CancerBomb said:

I was tired just from wearing that darn thing for an hour, so shoutout to all the expecting moms out there, all I wanted to do was take a nap. 

Story of my life right now and I still have 16wks to go. I honestly always thought peoples "tiredness" was an exaggeration. Now I want to go back and hug and apologize to all the moms out there that I was doing mental eye-rolls at. 

3 hours ago, victoriasponge said:

It probably says something about my personality but I don’t mind UK winters. I can suffer the grey and the wind but I cannot deal with snow. I hate the stuff. I think I’ll only ever visit the USA in the summer. (And stick to the AC because I don’t like the heat either!)

Try coming in late spring or the fall if you can. I can’t speak for other areas, but the Northeastern US is really lovely those times of year and you usually miss most of the “extreme” weather. 

16 minutes ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Story of my life right now and I still have 16wks to go. I honestly always thought peoples "tiredness" was an exaggeration. Now I want to go back and hug and apologize to all the moms out there that I was doing mental eye-rolls at. 

I was very tired my first trimester and I started getting tired again after about 30 weeks. It sounds silly to some people, but growing another person actually takes a huge amount of energy! Just keep doing your best and take naps as needed when you’re able to. Stay hydrated, try to eat well, and get a little exercise most days. You’re more than halfway through at this point - you’ve got this, you’re awesome! :romance-caress:

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived