IGNORED

Jinger 34: Now with Hol(e)y Jeans and Pregnant!

samurai_sarah

19 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

It's on Amazon. Not cheap, but sounds like it's worth it? I may get some before summer. I am fair, have sensitive skin and am covered in moles. So sunscreen is a must. Is this one scented? 

I also looked it up on Amazon, definitely not cheap but I might try some. Sometimes the sunscreen I buy seems inadequate.

I am also super fair and and covered in moles and I can't go outside in the summer for more then a few minutes without getting burned. I have to wear sunscreen everyday, I reek of the stuff all summer. When I was a young child I got sun poisoning. Not a fun experience. 10/10 would not do again.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

It's on Amazon. Not cheap, but sounds like it's worth it? I may get some before summer. I am fair, have sensitive skin and am covered in moles. So sunscreen is a must. Is this one scented? 

It's unscented.  There's an "invisible" version that, while still not cheap, seems a little less expensive than the original on Amazon.  I may just see if my cousin can ship me some through their APO (her husband is civilian DoD and works on a military base).  While she's at it, she can send me some Nerada tea as well!

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

It is fragrance free :)

14 hours ago, Snarkangel Gabriel said:

Since I live in the UK there is little call for sunscreen (although son is a bit gingery so I slather it on him anyway!). However when I’ve travelled I have always found Aussie sunscreens are the best. There is a brilliant stick by Australian Gold which I love.

I once got moderately sunburnt in Orkney. Ever since, no matter where in the world I am, I take no chances :pb_lol:

Im also in the UK and once drove to Margate and had a sunburnt arm because my window was open. I live in suncream :pb_sad: #pasteyproblems 

This photo is odd. The Vuolo’s take odd photos. Are they trying to be “artsy”? It’s not working for them. I much preferred the black and white pictures of bookshelves. 

She may have used a camera timer and put it on a tripod or some other stable surface. I agree that the photo feels off, but I can't quite pinpoint what it is just yet. It might be several things, though I do think the idea has potential.

Oh! Okay, I think it's something to do with the tree and lights and maybe the general composition of the picture. If Jinger had moved the camera to the right/adjusted the angle with focus on establishing the middle ground (the front of the tree) I suspect this would have improved the depth of field she's going for. It took me awhile to register what lights were heading where and the tree feels flat for what she's capturing, imo.

I mean I'm not a professional photographer but yeah that's what I notice if I treat this like a painting. 

1 hour ago, adidas said:

Jinger is doing the crazy Mechelle adoring gaze thing. Ugh. 

That’s what’s odd about this photo...and from memory others that they have posted. Jinger is staring adoringly at Jeremy, and he’s staring...somewhere, but not at her.

ETA I’ve just had a quick look thru Jinger’s Instagram and couldn’t see any other examples of this, but I thought I’d seen some?

This looks like an iPhone photo to me. HOWEVER:  it's credited to songer1228, one of Jeremy's friends.

Isn't that the TTH's swingset in the background? HOWEVER, since songer1228 took the photo, I doubt it.

Jinger doesn't have the simpering look that Meeeechelle does. I think she was grinning at Jeremy, he looked up, and somebody snapped the photo with their phone.

I thought it looked like she was also looking at the lights, but Jeremy's really tall, so it just makes it seems like she was looking at him.

I guess I'm in the minority in liking the picture with the lights, then? I'm not a fan of her gazing at him as usual, but I think the picture itself is quite pretty with the dark background and soft glow from the lights. Jeremy credited his friend James (an actual photographer) with taking it, so it wasn't even Jinger or Jeremy's photography, nor their own attempt to be "artsy" as mentioned above. 

8 hours ago, adidas said:

Jinger is doing the crazy Mechelle adoring gaze thing. Ugh. 

Exactly this. Jinger is excellent for Jeremy’s ego, which is probably great for him because he seems to think his ego is one very important asset. Blehk. (Full disclosure: I can’t freaking stand Jeremy). 

7 hours ago, Karma said:

That’s what’s odd about this photo...and from memory others that they have posted. Jinger is staring adoringly at Jeremy, and he’s staring...somewhere, but not at her.

ETA I’ve just had a quick look thru Jinger’s Instagram and couldn’t see any other examples of this, but I thought I’d seen some?

Because they’re mostly on Jeremy’s insta. 

7 hours ago, Mayluka said:

I guess I'm in the minority in liking the picture with the lights, then? I'm not a fan of her gazing at him as usual, but I think the picture itself is quite pretty with the dark background and soft glow from the lights. Jeremy credited his friend James (an actual photographer) with taking it, so it wasn't even Jinger or Jeremy's photography, nor their own attempt to be "artsy" as mentioned above. 

No longer in minority, I like it too. More than anything I think people are so used to the other type of pictures, you know, a girl with her arms wrapped around her stomach or being the godly servant. I like these better.

20 hours ago, jacduggar said:

This photo is odd. The Vuolo’s take odd photos. Are they trying to be “artsy”? It’s not working for them. I much preferred the black and white pictures of bookshelves. 

Pardon me while I don my art critic hat! *Ahem* The composition isn’t good. The trunk of the tree cuts the image in half, making it look lopsided overall. The two of them are balanced only by a mostly empty darkness on the other side. Which, if it were done by a skilled photographer, might suggest a sinister meaning to the scene. That could explain why people find it “off.”

Also Jeremy is not matching her adoring gaze at all, but that wouldn’t be so bad if not for the fact Jinger’s eyeline is pointing to Jeremy’s neck/jaw. It looks like she’s admiring his unshaven Adam’s apple. Or possibly contemplating sucking his blood. Either way, it is off putting.

Plus: this is just me but I hate his shirt and her headband. Ponytail OR headband. Pick one.

ETA: To make my criticism more constructive I suggest cropping the left side of the image so that the space on that side and the tree takes up only 1/3 of the frame instead of 1/2. This would mostly solve the composition issue. Nothing to be done about the awkward neck gaze though. 

about modest swimwear: I remember seeing a lot of people (not on FJ) comment, mostly negatively, about the Duggar's modest swimsuits back when that episode first aired, but I honestly didn't think it was one of the worst or most snark-worthy things they've done.  I've also seen plenty of people wearing regular clothes, rash guards, etc at the beach, so if someone's wearing an extra skirt over "leggings" and long sleeves (like those modest swim suits), I'd probably assume they're either of a light skin type or just don't want to parade their body around for one reason or another. I always say, "your body, your choice". I can totally see the benefits to modest swimwear and why people who are not Muslims or fundies would also opt to wear them. I actually think it's nice that people have choices when it comes to swimwear.

Also, I feel like I remember reading somewhere that anything above like SPF 30, doesn't even make that big of a difference (as in, whether it's SPF 50 or 100). Have you guys noticed a difference? I'm not light skinned but also not super dark but brown enough to where I just slap on SPF 30 and am good to go for a while. I only very rarely burn, even if I don't put sunscreen on, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't use any, of course. 

I got a hell of sunburn in London one summer.and i burned in Canada this past summer. I love that rashguards are more commoin now. Lands End has a lot of size/ style varieties, although they are pricey if not on sale. And not super hip prints, but decent solid colors with lots of matching bottom styles.

@Chicken bones ouch! I was playing outside in one of those pop up pools once as a kid with one of my buddies. Fast forward a couple of hours and the kid's shoulders had blisters on em. I felt so so bad. All I got was a shade darker and there was my friend, in pain, unable to wear a t-shirt for a couple of days. I'm sure my mom felt worse because I remember her apologizing to my buddy's mom that she should have reminded us to put sunscreen on. I can only imagine that feeling of having another person's kid get hurt at your house.

I am definitely not fair-skinned by Scandinavian standards but spring and early summer is when I usually f-ck up with sunscreen. I often sit in a tank top or t-shirt outside too long once the warmer weather starts and then I get red and usually in a very ugly pattern like a t-shirt sun burn but red instead. And then for the rest of the summer I will have trouble with skin falling off in the areas that turned red that day in like May. If I do remember to use sunscreen in May and June I can go without the rest of the summer if I am still in Sweden. If I go to southern Europe I would wear plenty of sunscreen even in the later part of the summer just in case. 

I can count on one hand the amount of times I've been sunburned in my life and it either my nose or my shoulders that got red and it was after a couple of hours in the crystal blue Caribbean ocean in August. Each time, by the next day, the red was gone and the skin had turned darker. But man, was I whiney about how uncomfortable it was each time. I cannot imagine what it would be like to get sunburned easily and I feel for you guys who do. As a kid, especially, it was easy for me to forget to put on sunscreen because "I probably won't burn anyway" and my friends always got a kick out of how quickly I would get tanlines after standing at the bus stop for 20 mins or whatever. It got better once I realized that putting on sunscreen doesn't just keep you from looking like you're 60 in your 20's, but it also lessens tanlines from that watch you remembered to wear one single time. :D 

I sort of like the picture, but I think the colour of Jeremy's polo shirt is off. It's like it doesn't go with the rest of the colours. A fundie wife staring adoringly at her husband whilst he looks somewhere else? That's not new. They all do that. 

I got sunburned on Isle of Arran in western Scotland once. 

I always imagine Meechelle practicing that gaze with all her little helpmeets in training. Just lining them all right up and have them stare at daddy  :brainbleach: ugh...I'm sorry. Just ignore me...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived