IGNORED

John Shrader 15: Welcome to Poisonwood, Caleb

laPapessaGiovanna

3 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Baby still not here, per john's most recent comment. "Looks like he's gonna be a 2018 model."

So this makes 14 or 15 days overdue, I think.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Baby still not here, per john's most recent comment. "Looks like he's gonna be a 2018 model."

I hope she is near a hospital.  This entire situation scares me.

I generally don't pay much attention to Esther and her unfortunate husband, but I'm really anxious to hear that everything goes okay with the birth. This is worrying. She's two weeks overdue, right? Is she getting any kind of prenatal care?

There is a women's hospital equipped with emergency ambulances 20/25 mins drive  from Kafue. Sadly the road between Kafue and Lusaka (the CapitAl) can be quite congested at times. 

12 hours ago, Aine said:

I still think the whole thing was wrong and was trying to capitalize on a tragedy for her brother's insane mission but I don't think Julia in any way needed to be "provided for" from donations following her mother's death. 

I agree.  I also agree that it would have been more appropriate to donate it to pancreatic cancer research.  However, it is very possible that Sarah and Anthony agreed that the fundraiser should be donated to John's fake mission.

As a reminder though, what totally pissed me off about Rick Shrader's attitude around Sarah's tragic death was more than the memorial fund. 

Sarah was living with her parents during her last weeks, probably partly to protect Julia from witnessing her pain.  Anthony was visiting and very involved.  As we know, Anthony and Sarah were still very much married, but all "godless" Anthony got was a grudging reference in the obituary.

In addition, it was strange to see Rick Shrader grifting away "on behalf of Sarah."  Rick was asking for donations so he could buy Sarah an air bed.  As Anthony does seem to be comparatively well off that was odd.  In all his facebook posts Rick behaved as though Anthony did not exist.  It was all about Rick.  And asking for money.

Like father like son.  Grifting is what they do best.  Even when a beloved daughter and sister is dying.

Esther posted a video of some kids that they "minister to" each week singing a song about the blood of Jesus. Assuming she did actually post it, I guess she's doing well enough.

4 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

Esther posted a video of some kids that they "minister to" each week singing a song about the blood of Jesus.

That video was posted in July, 2015, I'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

That video was posted in July, 2015, I'm afraid.

No, she just posted it 2 hours ago on the John Esther Shrader page. It's more recent than John's lesbian rant.

2 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

No, she just posted it 2 hours ago on the John Esther Shrader page.

Ah, OK. Thanks!  I can't see it so it must be private. I thought you meant Esther's own Facebook.  

I suppose that means she wasn't in labor 2 hours ago. 

I'm hoping they just incorrectly estimated the due date, since it doesn't seem like they get much professional help during pregnancies. 

Eta: some brave soul called John out about how overdue she is in the comments and asked for a real update on Esther and the baby. Hope he replies. Am sure it will be filled with disdain. 

Here's the comment mentioned by @picklepizzas:

Spoiler

Wasn't she due December 17? That's so late. My mother was overdue by two weeks and both she and I barely survived. I'm very worried about Esther - stress can be very bad for an expectant mother. Has Esther seen a doctor to check her amniotic fluid levels? I was overdue with my first by a week and it was found that I was walking around leaking fluid without knowing it. I had to be induced because I was in the danger zone for the levels. Being a mother, I've been praying for Esther. I am sure many are praying for her - can you give us all an update on Esther and the baby?

Yeah, all that concern about Esther and the baby, but no worries about how JOHN is doing?  He'll be snippy in his reply, for sure, unless he just deletes it.  

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I generally don't pay much attention to Esther and her unfortunate husband, but I'm really anxious to hear that everything goes okay with the birth. This is worrying. She's two weeks overdue, right? Is she getting any kind of prenatal care?

Given I just finished reading Carri's story (from the "was blind but now I see" thread) her being this overdue and with apparently little to no prenatal care concerns me a lot as well. Pregnancy can be and frequently is a killer of both mothers and babies, and Esther has a lot of risk factors accumulating (overdue, multiple previous births). I hope she is at least being seen by someone with the knowledge and experience to recognise signs of things starting to deteriorate and who can get her to medical care.

25 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I hope she is at least being seen by someone with the knowledge and experience to recognise signs of things starting to deteriorate and who can get her to medical care.

I absolutely hope this.  And that Esther and John take professional advice - if and when they get it.  And get Esther to a hospital ASAP if necessary - for everyone's sakes.  Grand multiparity is not necessarily a risk factor.  Being way over-due is.

I hate to say it, but Esther is a feckless, deluded, (or uber-religious, if you prefer) as John in her own way.  This is probably not a good time to "rest in the Lord" and tell yourself that a previous baby was rather late and perhaps your guestimate was a teensy-weensy bit wrong.

It is most likely a time where consulting and trusting in ungodly medical professionals would be a Very Good Thing and Simple Common Sense by most people's standards!  If there is a God, She would see it that way.

They know it’s a boy, so they must have had at least one ultrasound, probably the 20 week anatomy scan. I know that dating by ultrasound gets less accurate the further you get into the pregnancy, but between that and Esther’s cycle dates (assuming she tracks them) they must have a fair idea of a date of conception.

Im sure Esther thinks that she would know of something is wrong/different, given she’s done this ten times before, but that’s just not always how these things work.

52 minutes ago, lilith said:

Im sure Esther thinks that she would know of something is wrong/different, given she’s done this ten times before, but that’s just not always how these things work.

Yeah, there's a lot of room for concern here.  I finally had a fundie dream, and it was about Esther's overdue pregnancy. This random internet stranger is more worried about her than her husband. Going so far past dates isn't a good plan, and we have too many tragic examples already here on FJ.  Here's hoping she's going out for proper medical care right now. 

2 hours ago, lilith said:

They know it’s a boy, so they must have had at least one ultrasound, probably the 20 week anatomy scan. I know that dating by ultrasound gets less accurate the further you get into the pregnancy, but between that and Esther’s cycle dates (assuming she tracks them) they must have a fair idea of a date of conception.

I found a comment on an earlier post where John says they had 2 ultrasounds. I don't recall them sharing any pictures or anything, but the idea of quality prenatal care doesn't really fit the Dark Africa narrative. I think he still calls the due date the "guess date" instead.

8 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

I found a comment on an earlier post where John says they had 2 ultrasounds. I don't recall them sharing any pictures or anything, but the idea of quality prenatal care doesn't really fit the Dark Africa narrative. I think he still calls the due date the "guess date" instead.

Actually, in a hideously condescending post, he referred to it as the "E.stimated D.ue D.ate" -- can't quote it, since he's scrubbed, but I can absolutely recall the shitty tone of his post and the way he typed it out.  

So that is to say, he's all about the EDD, so long as you are forced to remember that some part of it is "E.stimated."  What a sanctimonious fuckface. 

3 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

Actually, in a hideously condescending post, he referred to it as the "E.stimated D.ue D.ate" -- can't quote it, since he's scrubbed, but I can absolutely recall the shitty tone of his post and the way he typed it out.  

So that is to say, he's all about the EDD, so long as you are forced to remember that some part of it is "E.stimated."  What a sanctimonious fuckface. 

Please, tell me the periods are your keyboard going fucky or something, and not his utter disregard for science and logic. LIE to me if you must.

13 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Please, tell me the periods are your keyboard going fucky or something, and not his utter disregard for science and logic. LIE to me if you must.

I love and respect you too much to lie to you.  THAT is the fucking way he described the situation in response to a concerned comment -- cuz you know, "Esther's protected by God and the hedge of protection I've prayed up around her, she's totes safe!" -- I cannot scrub that abuse of disregard for science and logic from my mind, and THAT is actually how he typed it.  

So abominable it burned a scar in my brain.

Just now, amandaaries said:

I love and respect you too much to lie to you.  THAT is the fucking way he described the situation in response to a concerned comment -- cuz you know, Esther's protected by God and the hedge of protection I've prayed up around her, she's totes safe! -- I cannot scrub that abuse of disregard for science and logic from my mind, and THAT is actually how he typed it.  

So abominable it burned a scar in my brain.

Fuck. :/

7 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Fuck. :/

Sorry.  It's normal to think that one man could not be so arrogant, proud, and self-serving.  Just sorry to have to remind you that John can and is.  Damnit.

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

rand multiparity is not necessarily a risk factor.  Being way over-due is.

https://bmcpregnancychildbirth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2393-13-241

It's still considered an independent risk factor to my understanding? This is a study done in Tanzania (hospital deliveries) with 1809 participants (all had 2 or more children). Only multiparas included (2 or more pregnancies). They defined grand multiparas as starting at a parity of 5, more conservative even than some other studies where it is defined as >7- which terrifies me even more for Esther when she is on 11.

Results

Grand multiparas had twice the likelihood of malpresentation and a threefold higher prevalence of meconium-stained liquor and placenta previa compared with lower-parity women even when adjusted for age. Neonates delivered by grand multiparous women (12.1%) were at three-time greater risk of a low Apgar score compared with lower-parity women (5.4%) (odds ratio (OR), 2.9; 95% confidence interval (CI), 1.5–5.0). Grand multiparity and low birth weight were independently associated with a low Apgar score (OR, 2.4; 95%, CI 1.4–4.2 for GM; OR, 4.2; 95% CI, 2.3–7.8) for low birth weight.

Conclusion

Grand multiparity remains a risk in pregnancy and is associated with an increased prevalence of maternal and neonatal complications (malpresentation, meconium-stained liquor, placenta previa and a low Apgar score) compared with other multiparous women who delivered at Muhimbili National Hospital.

On 12/31/2017 at 6:51 PM, amandaaries said:

Sorry.  It's normal to think that one man could not be so arrogant, proud, and self-serving.  Just sorry to have to remind you that John can and is.  Damnit.

You know, I could just imagine how mister would be if i were ever to become pregnant (not in the plans at this point). He'd be even more OMFG WTF about my safety than I am about it. He's the one who's always telling me to go to the doctor for random shit when I'm like, no, doctors suck. How can someone who claims to love their wife as Christ loved the church be so fucking uncaring about her safety and life?

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived