IGNORED

John Shrader 15: Welcome to Poisonwood, Caleb

laPapessaGiovanna

And the only comment so far is asking about what happened with the meeting with the officer. Bet that pissed John off. 

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John vaguely answered saying he updated the prayer request page and he was cleared to minister. Immigration "said" he was innocent and the officer called "them" and said he was not to be threatened or arrested. No word about Esther.

Do Ma and Pa Keller have a public facebook page? They might post if there is a new grandbaby.

4 hours ago, DooDahDame said:

John vaguely answered saying he updated the prayer request page and he was cleared to minister. Immigration "said" he was innocent and the officer called "them" and said he was not to be threatened or arrested. No word about Esther.

Did I understand correctly from the original post about this that John was briefly taken into custody?  If it was that serious, I don't think it's back to business as usual and I don't think it's over.  But if Bro. John turns out to be Teflon John and none of this sticks, I'll be pissed!

A thought about medical care. Many of these misogynist, "manly men" are all about the "godly" homebirths.

Question. What would happen if the man got a kidney stone? What if it ended up being a stag-horn kidney stone? Would they still " trust in god" that it will pass "like it was done in biblical times"?

Note- stag-horn stones can only be removed surgically. It grows into the kidney. 

Btw, my bet, the man would run to the doctor, even for the smallest stone

I thank Rufus I've never been afflicted with a kidney stone; those who have had them describe it as agonizing and I don't think a manly man could handle it for long. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Did I understand correctly from the original post about this that John was briefly taken into custody?

John claimed to have been "detained" whatever that means.  Unfortunately it was temporary.

He did make that nasty anti-lesbian post public (I can see it) so here is the relevant quote from the comments:

I updated the prayer request page and posted in the comments. God truly helped us. Immigration has established and acknowledged my innocence and the head Regional officer called the local officials and informed them I'm free to minister and not to be threatened with arrest! Praise the Lord. Thanks so much for your prayers.

So, how much money changed hands, John?  And how is Esther?

I really don't want to believe he is wriggling out of this - that would be Satan's work for sure.  It doesn't alter the fact that his missionary aspirations are bullshit and he only has about 5 young misguided converts left.

55 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Btw, my bet, the man would run to the doctor, even for the smallest stone

John is certainly not a manly man but doesn't seem to like doctors at all.  When Esther was in labor with Sophia he went on a juice diet and took to his bed with backache.  Probably because he wasn't getting enough attention himself.  

Chalk me up as another who suspects bribery at work. It may not even be uncommon in that region, and John has plenty of access to other people's money.

I so wish at least one of John's ex-converts (free at last! free at last!) and especially the actual land owner, would lay it all out on Facebook, because we, uh, need to know. 

On December 28, 2017 at 8:01 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

I was just thinking this at dinner tonight. David did buy Priscilla a house and fix it up and has kept her state side....so far. Josh has never stood on his 2 feet to provide for his family and shrader...well I haven't read evrything about him but it seems he is the worst of the 3 by miles. 

Not only that, but Priscilla seems to be genuinely happy with TBDW. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

I thank Rufus I've never been afflicted with a kidney stone; those who have had them describe it as agonizing and I don't think a manly man could handle it for long. 

I have never had a kidney stone.  I don't want one.  Sadly, they run in my mother's family.  She has them, my brother has them, and at least two of her first cousins on her maternal side have had problems with them and have all had to have surgery related to them. So, I concur a "manly man" like Shrader or PP wouldn't just cope with it.

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I so wish at least one of John's ex-converts (free at last! free at last!) and especially the actual land owner, would lay it all out on Facebook, because we, uh, need to know. 

Or better yet, visit us here!

My husband, his brothers, and his father all have some sort of enzyme deficiency that leaves them prone to kidney stones.  My husband had his first kidney stone when he was 19, and he ended up going to the emergency room because he was unable to urinate or ingest liquids.  I think he ended up having it surgically removed.  The 2nd time he got one, I ended up calling 911 because he was in such pain that he couldn't communicate what was wrong with him, though that one he ended up passing on his own.

So basically, I want John Shrader to get ALL THE KIDNEY STONES.

13 hours ago, amandaaries said:

So for those of you who are blocked. Nothing about Esther, just a lot of anger about lesbians:

Reveal hidden contents

"It's not gay to straight, it's lost to saved."

"God doesn't call us to heterosexuality, He calls us to holiness."

These quotes are from this powerful testimony of how God used women sharing their salvation testimonies at a Bible study to show a terribly lost young women she didn't have one herself. Then the Lord directed her to read His Word about sodomy, and she saw that God must bring judgment upon her lifestyle and sins from I Cor. 6:9, 10.

Then she saw the hope found though Christ alone reading I Cor. 6:11.

I love how this young woman also describes biblical repentance. "I could either hold on to my sin, or I could turn to God."

Powerful testimony of God's Grace and how His Word, His Spirit and His amazing Grace set a sinner free.

Do YOU have a salvation testimony? A personal account where God washed you by the Blood of Jesus (Rev. 1:5) and sanctified and justified you (declared you righteous according to Romans 3:10-26)?

If you do, are you sharing that testimony with the lost?

If you don't, want to know more? Message me!

js

and this comment: How did your meeting with the officer go yesterday?

Ah! I can't get the video to turn into a link! Very strange anti-lesbian video John has linked here, publicly. But no word on Esther.  Who cares about that when we can condemn lesbians?! 

Also, lesbians = drunkards... She wasn't born with "the right affections...which was why Jesus Christ came...it's not straight or gay, it's lost or saved. God calls us not to heterosexuality but to the holiness."

This is clearly more important for us to focus on rather than Esther's overdue status or his recent and very serious issues with the authorities in Zambia.  

Pay no attention to the man behind the FB page.  :dramallama-nanner: 

ETA: And this comment, 

Reveal hidden contents

thus far without response: 

How did your meeting with the officer go yesterday?

Maybe Esther has run away with a Catholic lesbian from Zambia .

Re the lesbian post. Possibly the midwife looking after Esther? It such a weird thing for him to post about when his "African dream life" is crumbling around his ears. 

John is weird though, so who knows!!

7 hours ago, Howl said:

Do Ma and Pa Keller have a public facebook page? They might post if there is a new grandbaby.

Rick-Jodi Shrader, but the most recent update is from 2015, I believe.  I keep checking in, but I think they made most posts private sometime after their daughter passed and they used that occasion to fund John's missioncation, rather than start a fund for the daughter she left behind.  

It still amazes me that their family could see the passing of their daughter and assume it was time to further fund John's insanity.  NOT take a moment to provide for the child who lost her mother -- instead, just keep throwing money at the man-child who never once provided for himself.  John is truly dreadful, but it appears he learned that from his father. 

1 hour ago, amandaaries said:

Rick-Jodi Shrader, but the most recent update is from 2015, I believe.

Yep.  They went private a while ago.  Rick also scrubbed the church website around the same time.

@HowlI don't think Esther's parents are on FB.   I just scrolled through to check but none of Esther's relatives had recent public updates  - and nothing about Esther and John.  John's brothers are on FB, but also nothing about John. 

Spoiler

Jace breaks my heart.  He is in deep trouble.  

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

What's wrong with Jace? 

I believe he has had some mental health issues for a long time. My understanding is they are self medicated and his parents haven’t publically wanted to be involved... now sure how much they are in touch...

I imagine Jace has similar problems to John, but Jace is self aware enough to realize the feelings aren't normal, thus his self medicating. A lot of people with those extreme ups and downs self medicate with drugs and alcohol. Then sadly they get addicted and it becomes harder for them to resolve their issues. I truly hope Jace is able to resolve his issues - he's the one his parents should be supporting, not John. 

7 hours ago, amandaaries said:

Rick-Jodi Shrader, but the most recent update is from 2015, I believe.  I keep checking in, but I think they made most posts private sometime after their daughter passed and they used that occasion to fund John's missioncation, rather than start a fund for the daughter she left behind.  

It still amazes me that their family could see the passing of their daughter and assume it was time to further fund John's insanity.  NOT take a moment to provide for the child who lost her mother -- instead, just keep throwing money at the man-child who never once provided for himself.  John is truly dreadful, but it appears he learned that from his father. 

Not in any way to defend the Shraders- that whole thing was in awful taste- but it's my understanding that Anthony Waller is quite wealthy and he works quite high up in his father's company (http://www.wallermarine.com). Julia does not want for anything from a financial point of view. I also think her father has distanced himself and his daughter from the Shrader side of the family since Sarah's death. 

I still think the whole thing was wrong and was trying to capitalize on a tragedy for her brother's insane mission but I don't think Julia in any way needed to be "provided for" from donations following her mother's death. 

7 minutes ago, Aine said:

Not in any way to defend the Shraders- that whole thing was in awful taste- but it's my understanding that Anthony Waller is quite wealthy and he works quite high up in his father's company (http://www.wallermarine.com). Julia does not want for anything from a financial point of view. I also think her father has distanced himself and his daughter from the Shrader side of the family since Sarah's death. 

I still think the whole thing was wrong and was trying to capitalize on a tragedy for her brother's insane mission but I don't think Julia in any way needed to be "provided for" from donations following her mother's death. 

While I do understand and have read before that her father can provide for her, it still seems beyond distasteful that people who wanted to help her daughter would be diverted to funding John's BS endeavors.   However rosy her father's bank statements are now, if he's not Walton family-wealthy, it's quite wise to have a bit stored aside for her alone. Imagine the things she could fund without her family's express permission: education! independent travel! etc! 

Personally, I think those that wanted to honor the memory of their loved one by donating to her daughter (and not her independently aged brother) should have been allowed some way to express that desire.  Really gross on the Shrader family's part all around, IMO.  While thinking of young Julia, I hope she's gotten a lot of help and care in moving past the tragedy of her mother's early death.  That can never be easy, and she deserves help and care and support. 

14 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

While I do understand and have read before that her father can provide for her, it still seems beyond distasteful that people who wanted to help her daughter would be diverted to funding John's BS endeavors.   However rosy her father's bank statements are now, if he's not Walton family-wealthy, it's quite wise to have a bit stored aside for her alone. Imagine the things she could fund without her family's express permission: education! independent travel! etc! 

Personally, I think those that wanted to honor the memory of their loved one by donating to her daughter (and not her independently aged brother) should have been allowed some way to express that desire.  Really gross on the Shrader family's part all around, IMO.  While thinking of young Julia, I hope she's gotten a lot of help and care in moving past the tragedy of her mother's early death.  That can never be easy, and she deserves help and care and support. 

Oh, I absolutely agree! Or what is more often done where I was raised was that if money isn't needed for the family, they would ask people to make donations in the deceased name to a charity that directed money into finding a cure for the disease (if they died from one) or to a charity close to the person's heart. In this case, I think the money is very very needed for pancreatic cancer research. It's such an awful form of cancer :( It would have also been used more effectively than giving it to her tosser of a brother. I actually think handing a $20 note to my beagle would be a better decision than giving it to John. 

@Aine I completely agree.  There's just that huge difference between worthwhile charities and jack-off endeavors like John's "mission." My own father passed unexpectedly young, but had a healthy life insurance policy, so we requested that donations be sent to a reputable local homeless shelter and food pantry, We didn't need that many flowers, but a lot of people needed food and/or warm blankets, etc.  

For them (John's dad and probably mom, AFAWK) to think that people should donate to John's Africa-featuring-Zambia-evangelical tour was an appropriate substitute...for shame.  Honestly, truly, all the way around, from a former expat (who chose to leave, just like Johnny boy), that was such pure egotism and imperialism.  Just..no... SMH

Baby still not here, per john's most recent comment. "Looks like he's gonna be a 2018 model."

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived