IGNORED

John Shrader 15: Welcome to Poisonwood, Caleb

laPapessaGiovanna

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

We are not currently vaccinated. If there is another outbreak we’ll go get the vaccines. I’d rather save the semi-immunity for a time when we’ll need it instead of wasting it now and being stuck in a situation where we can’t get boosters even though we need them because we’ve had the vaccine too recently to get one but too far back for it to still be helping. 

Which is good sense (although Mr. Subsaharan eating a restaurant green salad during an outbreak was not ;)).  I'm glad he made a swift recovery.  Boosters do help though.  And, yes, no vaccine is 100% as we acknowledged above.  Also, while cholera is treatable these days, it is still a good idea not to get it if possible.

As a matter of interest, have you been vaccinated against yellow fever, typhoid, Heps A and B, rabies, meningitis, and had the usual childhood MMR, DTP, chickenpox and polio vax.  I doubt the Shraders and Reas have.

What we have with the Shraders and Reas is a strong resistance to all vaccines.  They lack common sense.  The children are probably as vulnerable to measles, if not more so, as they are to cholera.  Measles kills too - and it is very preventable.

20 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

What we have with the Shraders and Reas is a strong resistance to all vaccines.  They lack common sense. 

Over at the Quiverfull of Fundamentalist Mormons/Polygamy section, there was a topic started about ritual sexual abuse of very young girls in the FLDS.  I was researching this a bit more and came across an article in Newsweek online titled MORMON CULT LEADERS INDICTED FOR FORCING ALMOST DAILY SEX RITUALS WITH UNDERAGE GIRLS, SAID GOD WOULD DESTROY THEIR FAMILIES IF THEY REFUSED

Utterly, heart wrenchingly horrific, right?  In the discussion section only one person commented with this apostrophe-deficient post: "Lets hope CPS didnt forcibly vaccinate them all. Im disgusted with this cult but the children shouldnt be harmed further."

You cannot make this shit up. #I'mcryingovertheidiocyofmyfellowcitizens

On 1/16/2018 at 10:09 PM, Palimpsest said:

As a matter of interest, have you been vaccinated against yellow fever, typhoid, Heps A and B, rabies, meningitis, and had the usual childhood MMR, DTP, chickenpox and polio vax.  I doubt the Shraders and Reas have.

They very well might be anti-vaccine whacking jobs. We are not. 

So has John been posting anything for his friends? I think that if things were going really well he would be bragging in public about it. 

Has John posted any pomes recently?  Perhaps the highs are getting higher and the lows are getting lower. 

No new pomes. John usually doesn't stay private long. Things must not be going well at all. 

The two little boys just older than Caleb are still absolute babies!  I can't imagine what Esther goes through every single day of her life.

On 1/19/2018 at 9:27 PM, SoSoNosy said:

The two little boys just older than Caleb are still absolute babies!  I can't imagine what Esther goes through every single day of her life.

I absolutely agree. I've had a 6-month-old and a very curious/smart/stubborn beagle puppy that acts like a toddler (a mellow toddler but she does some crazy stuff) the past few days and I cannot for the life of me understand how she manages to homeschool so many kids and be a mother...and keep her sanity with that many kiddos. I think we all assume that homeschooling takes a serious backbench with the Shraders but still...:annoyed:

FYI, that fundamentalist wiki site says Caleb's middle name is Zambia. I'm not sure where that's from, though. There's also middle names for a few of the kids that I didn't have, but the site has a different middle name for Alatheia than the one I have (Esther instead of Joy). 

It would be like John to just name one of his kids after the country. 

On 1/22/2018 at 2:58 PM, anjulibai said:

FYI, that fundamentalist wiki site says Caleb's middle name is Zambia. I'm not sure where that's from, though. There's also middle names for a few of the kids that I didn't have, but the site has a different middle name for Alatheia than the one I have (Esther instead of Joy). 

It would be like John to just name one of his kids after the country. 

Alatheia is definitely Alatheia Joy. I've been following John via FB since before he even became known on here and they've mentioned it numerous times. I think someone may just be screwing around with the Wiki?

5 hours ago, Aine said:

Alatheia is definitely Alatheia Joy. I've been following John via FB since before he even became known on here and they've mentioned it numerous times. I think someone may just be screwing around with the Wiki?

The wiki definitely isn’t 100% reliable - I’ve found other errors on it.

John's radio silence is concerning.  Should we be getting anxious about Esther?  Maybe John's in jail! I just checked Dad Shrader's page.  He hasn't updated the public page since 2015.  I suspect there's a private page with the real juice. 

Is John posting privately that we know of or is he completely silent? I just wish to hear Esther and the children are home safe maybe near her parents... could care less what happens to him

Does anyone follow the FB pages of John's ex followers? If something truly weird is going on, one of them might comment. 

On 1/26/2018 at 8:45 AM, EyesOpen said:

Is John posting privately that we know of or is he completely silent? I just wish to hear Esther and the children are home safe maybe near her parents... could care less what happens to him

I was wondering the same.  JillRod has gone to 'friends only' posting, so possibly John is doing the same.  Is anyone on here friends with him?

9 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Where o where have my favourite Fundies gone?

What is a girl to snark on on a windy January evening?

C'mon, GS, you can advise about the pros and cons of senior dating---

(Sorry, maybe this should have gone to "Message")

John is back to writing bad poetry! Basically it is how it isn't his fault that other missionaries actual gain converts and he can't. He is super spiritual and they aren't. This is only a small part of his long "poem". 

One can easily get "professions," those are easy to obtain
But as for me what I deeply desire, is "fruit" that will "remain"
That's what brings our God much glory, Jesus said in fifteenth chapter of John
But we can't produce "much fruit" alone, we must abide in Christ as one
And His Word must also abide in us, if we are fruit to bear
It's not clever presentations, dying people need to hear
In Africa they'll pray with you, with just a gentle prod
They'll try again with anyone, in wanting things from God
I say this in sincerity, not seeking to attack
But many with multitudes of "professions," Acts 2 disciples sadly lack
I'm broken over my seeming failure, to win many souls for Christ
I want to reach those for whom He died, and for Him lay down my life
But if like me you're burdened, and lost souls you desire to win
But you don't just want "decisions," from those who'll remain in their beloved sin

And another poem that is basically the same thing. 

How many in your service," if not actually questioned often thought
They actually wrote books and articles, on whose churches had the most
It led to absolute ridiculousness, to keep appearances afloat
We bestow religious titles, "Dr." is a favorite one
But weren't we warned about such titles, in Matthew 23 by God the Son? 
Our standard can't be culture, it must be God's Holy Book
We cannot minister based on numbers, or function on how things look

And it sounds like his support might be drying up. 

I can say that 'cause I am one, when they do it I'm fit to burst
They think they feel the pressure, and maybe it is real
That if they don't have the numbers, others their support may steal

And stuff they write on forums upsets him.

To read what they're posting on forums, it almost makes my eyes bleed
It leaves me broken-hearted, to see them mocking be
At those who still have standards, and will not bend our knees
Yes skinny jeans and stools, with a sweater is a look
And singing from the big screens, instead of a hymn book

His pomes begin to sound very bleak

maybe not many bums parked on each seat

the Zambians are not so wonderfully meek 

John is having to turn the other cheek

New funding he has to maybe seek

damn another boring week 

it would appear John's wisdom is at its peek 

New countries he will find and make weep. 

Oh woe is me, said John the Shrader

To sinners I will never cater

I'll turn into a masterbator

Before I'll give in to the hater

See you later, alligator

In a while Crocodile

Bro John the Pinhead Poet of Perfected Pain 

1) so many words...

2) John writes like a 9th grade girl and I know this cause I have a book of poetry from when I was 14 and I was also stretching to find meaningful rhyming words.

Oof, but rhyming bear with hear is a stretch.

i know it’s small in the grand scheme of John’s condescending white-saviour act, his grifting, self-centredness, hypocrisy and blasé attitude to the safety of his family (remember when he talked before leaving the US about the possibility that one or more of his children might die in Zambia?), but his attitude towards poetry (rhyme and meter and scansion and other things that often matter to poets) makes me shudder.

If you’re right about him losing financial backers, what will happen next? He lost support from some churches before, didn’t he, but found others to take their place (or did his dad’s church fill the gaps)?

So many questions about his preaching and land ownership and his local ‘overseeing church’ and whether they might have to move from Kafue if he’s not allowed to preach there, and whether he’s thinking of moving to another country altogether. Would he have to come back and go through deputation again if he changed country?

How long was John expecting to stay in Zambia with his existing supporters before he would need to return to the US for furlough/drumming up more financial support (if things hadn’t gone pear-shaped)?

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived