IGNORED

Was blind but now I see - Carri Me Away

happy atheist

4 minutes ago, Daughterofanangel said:

Honestly. My views are exactly how you wrote. After living that life I didn't experience anything. It makes me "unique" in the world but it's not fun.

As for my other siblings. Idk. I was kicked out of the home after turning 18. My father allowed me to fill 1 backpack of stuff and told me to leave his property. Never to  come back. 

I'm the black sheep and proud. I gave my mother enough strength to show her you can get away. You can live your life your way. Shortly after I was kicked out my mother and father filed divorce. 

We can PM each other id rather it not be public if you have any questions. 

I'm very glad to hear that you are finding your way.  I hope that you will stick around here, you may find some people who have experienced what you have.  I'll definitely send you a PM when I'm not chasing a toddler during a "snowstorm."

I'm sorry that tragedy brought you here.  Its clear from the posts we saw back in 2009 and the recent ones that your mom loved you all very much.  

• Upvote 10

Totallyunderstand about the toddler. I have a 3 year old and a 5 month old. 

Have fun in that snow lol! 

I saw my momma everyday. She was a great grandma and would watch my kiddos for free while my husband and I worked. 

She really did love us. Even the siblings of my treated her like complete dirt all through the years of this divorce! She still was calm quiet and loving. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 19

I hope you stay around FJ. We do get mad at each other on occasion and sometimes we disagree, but we do care about each other.  You sound like such a strong person. I am glad that your mother did at least get to know some freedom and I hope she was happy.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I hope you stay around FJ. We do get mad at each other on occasion and sometimes we disagree, but we do care about each other.  You sound like such a strong person. I am glad that your mother did at least get to know some freedom and I hope she was happy.

She was happy. In her own way lol. She finally had freedom of speech and her own mind and own way of decorating her house. Always felt like home. ? 

That's part of life. We're human. We have our own brains and thoughts. If everyone was the same life would be worthless to live lol. 

Thank you. My siblings  (that I consider siblings) have been through shit we never should have. That's another story/stories for another time though. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 16

Congratulations on breaking free yourself @daughterofanangel. I know from experience it isn’t easy, and I’m sorry it was as traumatic as it sounds like it was. I’m glad you are happy now.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

Welcome @Daughterofanangel  I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's tragic passing.  @Buzzard and I did some facebook stalking last year to try and see how your mom was fairing.   I was thrilled to see she had broken free.    We were careful to just post an update and not link to your mom's current facebook page so she didn't get unwanted attention from anyone.

I was so sad to read that your father refused to give her her sewing machine(s) and if I could have figured out a way to do it without seeming like a weird internet stalker I would have gotten her a new one.   It was clear how much she loved sewing and she made adorable clothes when you girls were young.

I was sorry to read that some of your siblings were essentially shunning her due to the divorce.  I had hoped that over time they would come around and realize what she did was for the best for all of you kids and herself.

I hope you stick around.   You would be a great addition to the community and you will find some people who have gone through the same types of things you have, which may help you.

Again, my sincerest condolences on your loss.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 8

^^ And that right there, actually this whole thread, is why I love FJ. Thank you all. ❤️

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

@Daughterofanangel thank you for finding us to share the news of your mother’s death. I’m so, so sorry for your loss — I’m sure that the grief must be intense, especially as you saw her so often, and that she was so close to your children. It’s truly heartbreaking and I wish that you were here under nicer circumstances but I’m still glad that you’re here. 

Congratulations on breaking away, especially as you left under such horrible conditions. Like you, I had a very restricted upbringing and have huge gaps in my knowledge of popular culture. It took me far longer than you to break away from all that so I’m full of admiration for you, not only for succeeding for yourself and building your own family, but showing your mother that she could do it too, and that she deserved better. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just finished catching up with this thread after being away since January. I was so relieved to read that Carri had left that asshole, and at the same time heartbroken seeing the pain in the Facebook posts posted here. The images  and words she shared were so familiar - I left my abusive husband in 2014, after almost 20 years, and was fundie-lite, homeschooling, SAHM, so in some ways really identified with her posts. I paid a huge price as well, and while some things are so much better now (and I’d never go back), some things are still very difficult and painful. I actually managed to take my kids with me, although it was because I gave up most of what I was owed financially to get him not to contest that.

Then I read her daughter’s post here, and almost couldn’t breathe. The tragedy of her finally getting free and then being killed is just horrifying to me. I dearly hope the kids who loved her are okay. 

I am so thankful for FJ. I found it when the Doug Phillips story was first breaking, after doing a google search after receiving an email from Vision Forum that they were shutting down. FJ was an important part of my coming out of fundie-lite evangelicalism, and I am so very grateful. Keep shining the light.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 9

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just came across this thread today, although I remember bits of the story from my time on MDC forums.

Weird that it came up randomly for me through another thread on the anniversary of the tragedy.

I wish so much had turned out differently. Sending love to all who love her.

I can’t edit my post but I meant to say the tragedy of losing her baby boy. Obviously her dying when and how she did is also a major tragedy. I’m very emotional after reading through the whole thread on the other site and then here and I am not as clear as I would like to be.