IGNORED

Chelsy and John's Wedding and the Aftermath

Palimpsest

Yes she did say she would be barefoot! But I'm guessing she will put some shoes on when they go from the church to the reception. And honestly if you are going to wear shoes in between wedding and reception, you may as well just find some comfortable and cute shoes to wear the whole time. I just don't get the appeal of going barefoot in winter. 

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I AM SO PUMPED ABOUT THIS WHOLE SHEBANG. the possibilities are endless. My deepest condolences to the maxhellions for getting such a delightful daughter in law!

Haven't submitted anything lately, but have been following this thread avidly. I do remember Chelsy writing somewhere that she loved bell sleeves, so I'm calling bell sleeves on bride and bridesmaids.

Didn't know much about Bontrager family before engagement. Have been reading up on them and despite some of their questionable--I'm being nice here--beliefs, I sure admire their work ethic and general love of life, and family and food. Wish Chelsy and John every happiness, and hope this marriage Bontragerizes the rest of M family.

Marion Ave Baptist Church does Christmas decorating-with trees. 

Their media page has pics from their 2013 candlelight service with trees and flash and lights and glitz. 

Steve won't like that. 

https://photozmom.smugmug.com/Other/2013-Christmas-Candlelight/

They also do things like youth picnics and youth valentine banquets. Oh. My. God. Steve's head will explode as soon as he walks in the door. 

I'd pay to see that. 

Instead, I'll stock up on bean burritos & water and maybe a few animal crackers and hunker down to watch the livestream. 

*Note: water is code for wine, bean burritos is code for chips & dip & animal crackers is code for Christmas cookies. 

5 minutes ago, grammyj said:

Haven't submitted anything lately, but have been following this thread avidly. I do remember Chelsy writing somewhere that she loved bell sleeves, so I'm calling bell sleeves on bride and bridesmaids.

I think the bell sleeves were for one of the triple wedding. And IIRC, they ended up texting "a friend" who I assume was Joy and asked for the link from Amazon to the navy bell sleeved bridesmaid dresses.

I do know from Chelsy's posts she has had quite the difficult time finding bridesmaid dresses and again if I remember, she was up to dress #7 (ordering and returning).

Quick question, are the Bontragers in the Central time zone?  Just trying to figure what time their 2 p.m. wedding will be in different time zones.

I wonder if chelsy and John will go to a church that's not under Steve's thumb... And how often her sibs will visit from Iowa?! Oh this is going to be fun

@Palimpsest, Chelsy does need one of those corset-back Pnina Tornai numbers, doesn't she?  Steve's head would explode and the rest of the Maxwells would collectively get the vapors.

28 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Palimpsest, Chelsy does need one of those corset-back Pnina Tornai numbers, doesn't she?  Steve's head would explode and the rest of the Maxwells would collectively get the vapors.

If I were her I'd ask for buttons in a contrasting color going down the back. 

Oh man I am so excited about this wedding. I'm going to put the livestream on as a procrastination/study break while working on a professional certification. 

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’ve been stalking chelsy’s pinterest for Months to see if she pins  clues about the wedding style and decorations. So far the only wedding related thing are the the bridesmaids hairstyles. She wants braided, curly updos

her Pinterest is Chelsy Renee if anyone wants to lurk

Lurking! I spy fourteen updos, so I'm trying to determine which ones she'll have Anna and Mary in. 

I hate Pnina Tornai's tacky ass dresses but I would pay with everything I have for Chelsea to wear one of those gowns to her wedding and see Steveus head explode:pb_lol:

3 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Let's start a betting pool! During the course of the wedding and reception, how many times will Stevehovah pose the most important nuptial query of all: do the newlyweds know where they're going to go when they DIE???

:pb_lol:

Sadly, they are going to Maxhellville, Kansas.

I'm new to both of these families though I'm starting to learn fast.  Is it normal that the Maxwells didn't include Chelsy in their family photo?  The photo was taken about a month before the wedding and they didn't have her in it, which i found odd.  It's like they're expecting the wedding to be cancelled last minute (or maybe hoping it would be cancelled).  Also, I noticed that Chelsy is wearing more and more ankle-length skirts versus knee-length.  I hope that she doesn't let the Maxwells dictate her fashion.  

Random contributions:

There is an actual sit down dinner planned for after the wedding.

I think Chelsy is really going to miss both her real family and church family. The Elderly and her 6 new sisters in law aren’t going to be an adequate substitute for Allison, the Bowers sisters, Brynn, eleventy cousins and an active church community she has been part of since childhood.

Almost everything off both their registries has been purchased! There’s still overpriced YL essential oils available, but they’ve probably been purchased directly from distributors - I imagine everyone attending the wedding knows at least a few YL reps.

The constant back and forward re bridesmaids dresses - I’m wondering how much of that is accomodating Maxhell modesty requirements and I’m also wondering if that’s giving Chelsy pause for thought regarding future expectations for her and her daughters. Very few of her clothes would meet Steve’s approval - her blog header (on a blog Anna Maxwell apparently helped redesign) would make his head explode. Even Elissa wears ankle length skirts in all Maxwell photos.

I am really really looking forward to this wedding, and Steve’s head must be exploding knowing we will all be watching, though he must be pretty certain that Chelsy won’t leave John standing at the altar. It’s going to be a fundie watching bonanza!

9 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

I'm new to both of these families though I'm starting to learn fast.  Is it normal that the Maxwells didn't include Chelsy in their family photo?  The photo was taken about a month before the wedding and they didn't have her in it, which i found odd.  It's like they're expecting the wedding to be cancelled last minute (or maybe hoping it would be cancelled).  Also, I noticed that Chelsy is wearing more and more ankle-length skirts versus knee-length.  I hope that she doesn't let the Maxwells dictate her fashion.  

Don’t worry, John won’t be in it next year either. There are three other married sons and eleventy grandchildren who weren’t included - they are “extended family”.

Could someone please record it.  I have my family Xmas on Sat.

Yes! Someone pleaaaaase record? I have to work! I’ll pray blessings rain down on you in the new year if you’ll help a sister out! ;)

10 minutes ago, fellowunfundie said:

Yes! Someone pleaaaaase record? I have to work! I’ll pray blessings rain down on you in the new year if you’ll help a sister out! ;)

I second this, I’m still trying to work out what time it’s on here (east coast Australia), and I’m not sure my family will be cool with me checking out for a few hours to watch a fundie wedding. I’m actually seriously considering paying the teen to watch the toddler if the timing is inconvenient, but a recording for prosterity would be great.

i'll be painting my bathroom turquoise and black on Saturday, so i may get distracted and miss the wedding.....

Yes, someone Please record if they can.  Am hosting a family do on Sat. The wedding will be at 3 o'clock our time (I think).  Thought about just telling fam that I  have important something I must attend at that time on Saturday, but my headship would probably suss me out and maybe seriously question my "hobby." (He doesn't care as long as he's not left with all  family stuff.) Thinks it's weird but respect, nnonetheless.

But I really wonder--would Chelsy be expected to run her wedding dress by her future FIL?  I can't see the Bontrager parents being OK with that. Until the ring is on her finger,the Maxwells have no say in  what she wears, says, does.  Those things would fall under her parents' umbrella, so to speak. Unless, Chelsy decides to share her plans as a courtesy to John.    The Bontrager parents know they have raised kids who share their values. The B parents trust their kids and do not seem to be concerned with details that would cripple a Maxwell.

The Bontragers have a huge farm and hotel. They are working too hard to sweat the details too.  I  have so much hope for the Maxwells through C and J.  Please don't cave, Chelsy.   I'm rooting for you, girl!

1 hour ago, Oh_Dear! said:

It could actually be cancelled last minute by the bride. Elizabeth Munck did it to Joseph Maxwell a few years ago. I think it wasn't long before the wedding. Of course I don't think Chelsy would. But I think the Maxwells won't include a fiancé in family pictures because of that incident. 

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

Quick question, are the Bontragers in the Central time zone?  Just trying to figure what time their 2 p.m. wedding will be in different time zones.

Yes, Iowa's on central time. 

Do the Maxwells go on honeymoons? I can’t remember anything in the past. I imagine if they do, it can’t be anywhere fun. Maybe they’ll honeymoon at their new house? 

Do the Maxwells go on honeymoons? I can’t remember anything in the past. I imagine if they do, it can’t be anywhere fun. Maybe they’ll honeymoon at their new house? 
They'll probably go to Colorado and hike /s

30 minutes ago, Rear Window said:

They never mention the honeymoons, at least not the specifics. But then again, the wedding photos are usually shown after a week, and the average honeymoon is about that, right? Of course, wherever they go is never known to blog readers. Hopefully they at least go SOMEWHERE that's not right-accessible to the other Maxwells. Then again, after Nathan's wedding, didn't the "kids"(who were literally kids at the time) all get sick anyway?

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It could actually be cancelled last minute by the bride. Elizabeth Munck did it to Joseph Maxwell a few years ago. I think it wasn't long before the wedding. Of course I don't think Chelsy would. But I think the Maxwells won't include a fiancé in family pictures because of that incident. 

It was THE DAY BEFORE. That was when Steve decided to “protect his children’s privacy” by not announcing engagements until the licence was signed, ring was on and marraige was consummated. Before that we got treated to every excruciating detail of debt free house purchase, no touch courtship, engagement and wedding planning (since scrubbed in the cases of Christopher’s  and Joseph’s failed courtships/engagements).

Edit to add - some FJers contacted Elizabeth Monk’s family to warn them off Maxhell, which I in no way condone and which I think had a lot to do with Steve getting much more circumspect about information release.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived