IGNORED

Sarah Palin's son Track arrested

47of74

18 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

...And then she just...fell apart. I don't get it. Some of it is she isn't all that sharp, but she was sharp enough to make herself governor. I don't know if the attention got to her head, or she listened too much to Tea Partier conspiracy theorists. I still don't understand what it is she wants. She quits her governor's term, she quits her Fox News pundit job, she doesn't even follow through on a celebrity/reality star career. She's just sort of...there. 

There may be something else (like mental issues, either physical illness-wise, or more psychiatric in nature) - but based on how she has appeared the last few times I saw video (on TV or whatever) - she appears as is there is some kind of substance abuse (alcohol or other).

I have no facts to back this opinion up.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Unpopular opinion: I totally understand why McCain's team picked Palin considering what they knew at the time. I could even understand McCain, who I believe is sane and moderate, being on board strategically.

They might have tried actually vetting her first.   That's usually step 1.

McCain is no moderate either.  At least not by any standard I've ever known a moderate Republican to be, and we've had a few in New England over the years. 

3 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

That is so true. Some of McCain's campaign team pushed to have a woman on the ticket because McCain's polling with women was dismal. Most of the Republican women they looked at were pro-choice, and they knew that wouldn't work because of the teabaggers. Palin had just given birth to a baby she knew had down syndrome and chose to not abort (no judgement from me on that decision) and she was rabidly pro-gun. In other words, a teabag wet dream. They did basically no vetting and she wasn't exactly forthcoming on the few things they did ask ahead of time. The book, "Game Change", while focusing more on the Dem side of the 2008 election, goes into some detail about the Palin fiasco.

She seems quite rambling and incoherent in some of her rants and I wouldn't be at all surprised if she had some sort of substance abuse or mental health problem herself. But I also wonder whether Track's track record had anything to do with her quitting stuff. His  father met his son with a gun in his hand  and it seems like there might be more violent history than what we know of. It could be quite hard to concentrate on being a politician or a reality star if you're dealing with or covering up for an out of control relative all the time

19 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

McCain is no moderate either.  At least not by any standard I've ever known a moderate Republican to be, and we've had a few in New England over the years. 

I agree they were much too hasty in selecting Palin. But then again, what would have come up if they had more fully vetted her? (Other than Bristol's pregnancy, which could be spun as a pro-life piece anyway?) She seemed to fall apart after they had selected and announced her as the VP candidate. It seems to me it wasn't an issue of skeletons in her closet so much as personality issues which appeared as the pressure was cranked up. 

I mean, I can understand the campaign assuming a freaking governor would know who is part of NAFTA and could list major U.S. newspapers. She apparently became quite obdurate and unwilling to learn and do her prep work after being selected by the campaign. And by then they were stuck with her. Personalities not meshing (there's a word for this that is evading me right now) was a risk when picking any running mate outside of someone McCain had worked with for years. And someone who fit the latter profile would have been dismissed as an establishment insider by the Tea Partiers. 

Also, if you don't think of McCain as a moderate Republican, could you give me some examples of who you think of as moderate Republicans in Congress in the past ten or so years? He voted against the Bush tax cuts, criticized Jerry Falwell, voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment, and believes in man-made global warming and evolution. I don't agree with him on a lot of issues, but he's not a far right hardliner like Ted Cruz nor an exploitative populist like Trump. 

5 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I agree they were much too hasty in selecting Palin. But then again, what would have come up if they had more fully vetted her? (Other than Bristol's pregnancy, which could be spun as a pro-life piece anyway?)

For starters, what the McCain staffers found the minute they started working with her.  That she was an uneducated, ignorant, self-righteous moron who knew nothing about politics or history and who did not have even a basic command of the English language.

I just want to say that if Track Palin was black, he'd likely have been shot to death by the cops this morning Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

I just want to say that if Track Palin was black, he'd likely have been shot to death by the cops this morning. 

Not just likely.  He'd have a bullet through his head.

And if by some chance the cop missed and he survived, he'd be charged with the attempted murder of his father and put away for a very long time.  Instead of just first-degree burglary, fourth-degree assault and fourth-degree criminal mischief.

11 hours ago, Howl said:

Just yesterday evening I was celebrating the long Palin quiescence. Hopefully, this particular Palin eruption will be over quickly and they will all fade back into well deserved obscurity.  I can't even find information on google about where Sarah currently lives. And yes, Track seems scarily off the rails. 

I guess you don't follow Bristol's instagram.  She shills stuff!  Did you know if you use the code BRISTOL you can save $10 off your first month with fabfitfun?  Or you can save 15% on Skinny Tea?  I guess this is her way of making money, since she already "wrote" a book and was on a bunch of reality shows.

2 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Not just likely.  He'd have a bullet through his head.

And if by some chance the cop missed and he survived, he'd be charged with the attempted murder of his father and put away for a very long time.  Instead of just first-degree burglary, fourth-degree assault and fourth-degree criminal mischief.

Probably more like 30 bullets, but yeah, I agree. 

1 minute ago, JMarie said:

I guess you don't follow Bristol's instagram.  She shills stuff!  Did you know if you use the code BRISTOL you can save $10 off your first month with fabfitfun?  Or you can save 15% on Skinny Tea?  I guess this is her way of making money, since she already "wrote" a book and was on a bunch of reality shows.

Don't forget her abstinence- oh, wait... 

2 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

I think the article leaves out some details. Willow must be around 18 now so she may have taken the little one and gotten out of the way when Track called and said he was coming over.

Willow is 21. Piper is 17 or 18. 

Why do I know these things. 

2 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

If he is attempting to come off of some medications, that could have sent him into the rage. He needs help away from them, he clearly has some hatred for his Dad.

I guess the drunken brawl a few years back also involved Track trying to start a fight with Todd. 

14 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

I just want to say that if Track Palin was black, he'd likely have been shot to death by the cops this morning. 

Well, it happened Saturday, so... maybe not this morning. 

2 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Well, it happened Saturday, so... maybe not this morning. 

OK, I heard about it today. Anyway, Saturday, he would have been shot to death. 

20 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

If Track Palin doesn't get help, he's going to end up killing someone. :pb_sad:

He doesn't need help. He's been a violent douche at least since high school. He needs prison or something. 

57 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

I just want to say that if Track Palin was black, he'd likely have been shot to death by the cops this morning Saturday. 

Well, like I said before if it was a minority Todd probably would have Stood His Ground® and pumped him full of lead before he even got close to the house, and claimed the guy had attacked him.  All before the cops even got to him.

You are right though that if it was a minority under the influence of pain meds and booze the cops probably would have been afraid or whatever other excuse of the moment they have and shot him.

45 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

He doesn't need help. He's been a violent douche at least since high school. He needs prison or something. 

I read somewhere that he was given a choice between army and the correctional system somewhere along the line.

45 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Track is a very angry and troubled person, but as far as I know, he hasn't done anything yet that would put him in prison for the rest of his life. If the criminal justice system decides he needs to do time, I have no problem with that, but locking people up doesn't make their issues go away, and most prisoners will be released at some point in time.

His family has cleaned up behind him for years and have made it so that he has never had to face the full extent of the consequences of his own actions. It's obvious to most that Track is very troubled, but his family needs help too. Are the Palins ready now to admit how bad things really are, and that what they've tried in the past hasn't worked? I hope so, but denial is a hell of drug that keeps us sick, hurting, and afraid of making the changes that could allow us to start living again instead of merely existing. 

You people! I take a couple of hours off to watch Home Alone and cry because I too am a mother of a young blond boy, well he used to be but he's 35 now. And you guys go to town on this thread! It's fucking Christmas!:laughing-rolling:

Okay, I don't know how many times he has been arrested. Was the bar brawl where Bristol also was arrested the one where he was also mad at Todd? And I forgot about poor Piper.

Palin was picked to combat what was happening in the Democratic Party. Remember, no one knew at that point whether Hillary or Barrack was going to be the nominee. And Barrack could have still chosen Hillary as VP. I think it was a panic choice trying to cover too many bases, Tea Party, women when they pretended to care about women and also the "other" people, those not from high population states. She was just a one-trick pony. Dragging a circus wagon. 

3 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

OK, I heard about it today. Anyway, Saturday, he would have been shot to death. 

Tragically yes, he would have been shot gun or no gun. Then FoxSpews and Trump would be spinning the ain't it awful game. Inner cities, drugs, all the usual dog whistle words. 

Lotta meth up there in Wasilla, but you don't here Trump spewing his hate about 'scary brown people drug gangs'.  Because when it is white thugs cooking meth and leaving a trail havoc, violence, and murder in their wake it doesn't rate for sound bites. They are his base.

Have you guys seen the movie Game Change with Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin? I might actually re-watch it when my finals are over tonight because that's all I can think about right now. :pb_lol:

I forgot Track has a child whose mom has full custody. He really needs help.

13 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Have you guys seen the movie Game Change with Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin? I might actually re-watch it when my finals are over tonight because that's all I can think about right now. :pb_lol:

All these babies either out of wedlock or multiple marriages brings up yet another double standard. People of color have babies out side of marriage means it is the 'moral decay of society' they don't 'share our values'.  White people like Trump and the Palian have them ..crickets. 

I remember the intimidate acceptance of Bristol Palian when her mother was on the ticket compared to the condemnation Obama revived because he was raised by a single mother.

I'm not saying Bristol should have been condemned. Neither should be.  I just have an a allergy to hypocritical shit. It makes me stabby.

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

I know that Britta has full custody of Kyla, but did Jordan finally get it for Charlie?

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

Have you guys seen the movie Game Change with Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin? I might actually re-watch it when my finals are over tonight because that's all I can think about right now. 

It's a favorite of mine. The casting choices were all spot-on. I especially love after the Katie Couric interview fiasco when Julianne Moore was in the stairwell, screaming at Sarah Paulson, and said "Now I understand what Hillary meant about finding your own voice." And Sarah Paulson said, "yeah, 'cause you're just like Hillary," in the most sarcastic tone possible. The real Nicolle Wallace and Steve Schmidt said the movie was quite accurate, which is scary.

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I know that Britta has full custody of Kyla, but did Jordan finally get it for Charlie?

I knew he had one kid, but didn't know about the second one.  How did I miss that??

26 minutes ago, JMarie said:

I knew he had one kid, but didn't know about the second one.  How did I miss that??

Do you remember his domestic violence assault from January of 2016? That was his girlfriend Jordan Loewe. They later reconciled and she gave birth to their son Charlie in the fall of 2016. She filed to get full custody of Charlie in January of 2017. 

I just wanted to add that if someone is dealing with mental disorder and/or substance abuse, prison is the WORST thing you can do. Not many people can fix themselves without intervention.

I have an old family friend, he about 30 and just got out of prison (being stupid while on meth), and I can't even remember how many times he has been incarcerated. His baby mama just got sent to prison for selling meth in a school zone, thereby losing custody of their daughter (she is with grandma). And THAT seems to be his catalyst. He is currently over 30 days sober, planning on Christmas with his daughter, and I may so fucking proud of him. Clearly, I'm gushing. So proud. Especially since another old family friend, who had meth addiction, took his own life this month. Meth is evil. It made my friend believe he was better off staying on the train tracks, train horn and oncoming train be damned. >:( 

Anyway, yeah, downer, right? Prison doesn't fix that. :( My other friend, who is pulling himself out, he is the exception, not the rule.

Still, May God send you more better days than the bad, Track. And may you find the courage to change. Clearly his family loves him, he just needs the willpower to overcome his demons. I don't like his mom, but I hate to see a persons soul suffer.

Archived