IGNORED

Sarah Palin's son Track arrested

47of74

Oh gee, look who got arrested

Track Palin, the Army veteran son of former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, was busted on burglary and assault charges Saturday, court records show.

The 28-year-old was arraigned Sunday morning after his arrest in Wasilla, where his mother served as mayor before running alongside Sen. John McCain during the 2008 presidential election.

Palin also faces a misdemeanor criminal mischief charge for causing nearly $1,000 in property damage following an unspecified domestic violence incident, according to records.

Wasilla police did not immediately respond to a request for more information.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Track Palin doesn't get help, he's going to end up killing someone. :pb_sad:

Just yesterday evening I was celebrating the long Palin quiescence. Hopefully, this particular Palin eruption will be over quickly and they will all fade back into well deserved obscurity.  I can't even find information on google about where Sarah currently lives. And yes, Track seems scarily off the rails. 

This family is just one hot mess.   With "Sarah Barracuda" as their mum, I guess it wouldn't be otherwise.  That high school nickname seems to have been somewhat prophetic. 

9 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

If Track Palin doesn't get help, he's going to end up killing someone. :pb_sad:

That. And the situation (I know nothing, just making a possible guess...) could be that the family has tried and he has refused help. Unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, apple1 said:

That. And the situation (I know nothing, just making a possible guess...) could be that the family has tried and he has refused help. Unfortunately.

I know in his 2016 domestic violence incident, he held a gun to his head and threatened suicide. Sarah Palin has insinuated her family has firsthand experience with PTSD. I hope they are taking this seriously and are encouraging mental health support. 

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Just yesterday evening I was celebrating the long Palin quiescence. Hopefully, this particular Palin eruption will be over quickly and they will all fade back into well deserved obscurity.  I can't even find information on google about where Sarah currently lives. And yes, Track seems scarily off the rails. 

They still own their house in Wasilla and are presumably living there. 

Here's the latest from ADN.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/mat-su/2017/12/18/track-palin-arrested-for-assaulting-his-father-todd-palin/

10 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/mat-su/2017/12/18/track-palin-arrested-for-assaulting-his-father-todd-palin/

Wow. Lovely family. I'm going to assume that they have taken measures to prevent him from owning guns, which would be a wise course of action. They should have left him in jail, it would be better for him. And they need to send him to a treatment facility. Out of control. And dangerous. I'm teetering on feeling sorry for them.

How come Todd didn't stand his ground against Track?  That's what every conservative and their sibling would be asking if a minority under the influence of pain pills and booze showed up at the palatial Palin estate.

59 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

This is actually domestic (son on father) violence.  Can't believe he was released on $5,000 bail.  

Wasilla police came to the Palin home after Sarah Palin called them just after 8:30 p.m. to say her son was "freaking out and was on some type of medication,"

I don't think "medication" was the problem. 

Sounds like meth or some other kind of speed to me. When she was on the 2008 ticket, there were several articles describing her home town as the meth capitol of Alaska.

49 minutes ago, Howl said:

Can't believe he was released on $5,000 bail.  

Bail was set at $5,000 but he was still in jail as of this morning. I'm sure he'll be out as soon, though. 

The Mat-Su Valley is so indescribably weird. Small town people, bored teens, lack of education, lots of meth because of the recession. Yet the Valley somehow has decided that they are "better" because they don't have the crime statistics of Anchorage. Everyone is a little bit trashy out there. Even the people who aren't steeped in the kool aid of conservatism. 

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

How come Todd didn't stand his ground against Track?  That's what every conservative and their sibling would be asking if a minority under the influence of pain pills and booze showed up at the palatial Palin estate.

So Todd got away from Track and took off in a vehicle. Then Sara took off in another vehicle. Their youngest son is only 5 (maybe 6) where was he? Do they have another minor child still at home? I assume (I hope) that since Todd & Sara took off that nobody else was in the house (I either missed it or the article didn't say if the house was empty besides Track after Sara & Todd ran away).

Like you, 47of47, why didn't Todd stand his ground? Why did he leave without protecting his family? Weird (note the article maybe missing details that could easily clear up these questions.

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

Everyone is a little bit trashy out there. Even the people who aren't steeped in the kool aid of conservatism. 

Well, it is Alaska. Where people go to hide.

I think the article leaves out some details. Willow must be around 18 now so she may have taken the little one and gotten out of the way when Track called and said he was coming over. Can't remember, did the article say Sarah was actually at the house? She could have called 911 while away from the house, or left before Todd did and called.

If he is attempting to come off of some medications, that could have sent him into the rage. He needs help away from them, he clearly has some hatred for his Dad.

16 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Has Sarah blamed Obama yet?!

Didn't she blame Obama the last time he assaulted someone?

He called the cops "peasants".   Wonder where he got that attitude?

Thanks, John McCain.   The Palins will be with us forever.

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

So Todd got away from Track and took off in a vehicle. Then Sara took off in another vehicle. Their youngest son is only 5 (maybe 6) where was he? Do they have another minor child still at home? I assume (I hope) that since Todd & Sara took off that nobody else was in the house (I either missed it or the article didn't say if the house was empty besides Track after Sara & Todd ran away).

Like you, 47of47, why didn't Todd stand his ground? Why did he leave without protecting his family? Weird (note the article maybe missing details that could easily clear up these questions.

Yeah it looks like the house is empty:

Officers learned Track Palin was alone in the house, and they could hear yelling coming from inside.

It was probably Hillary's emails that caused him to lose his grip.

4 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

It was probably Hillary's emails that caused him to lose his grip.

Now it all makes sense. Hillary's emails and President Obama's birth certificate. 

Those two will push anyone over the edge! 

13 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Thanks, John McCain.   The Palins will be with us forever.

I don't (never did) believe McCain selected Palin; I think she was inflicted upon him in an effort to gain the votes of Tea Party side. McCain was more moderate. I am not saying that I agree(d) with McCain on everything. But I absolutely believe Palin was not McCain's choice.

9 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

Now it all makes sense. Hillary's emails and President Obama's birth certificate. 

Those two will push anyone over the edge! 

Actually I'm pretty sure the final straw was Mueller's witch hunt.

4 minutes ago, apple1 said:

I don't (never did) believe McCain selected Palin; I think she was inflicted upon him in an effort to gain the votes of Tea Party side. McCain was more moderate. I am not saying that I agree(d) with McCain on everything. But I absolutely believe Palin was not McCain's choice.

Unpopular opinion: I totally understand why McCain's team picked Palin considering what they knew at the time. I could even understand McCain, who I believe is sane and moderate, being on board strategically.

McCain had a credibility problem with Tea Partiers and evangelists. Palin was the perfect icon for both of those groups. She had a great pro-life story. Obama's campaign was getting so much attention for being a historic first, and Palin being a woman gave the McCain campaign a bit of that dazzle and attention (I know there was Ferraro, but it had been a while). She was an interesting person with an interesting story that the media wanted to tell. And when she first joined the campaign, she did really well. At one of her first speeches, the teleprompter went out and she extemporaneously finished the speech to a standing ovation from the crowd. McCain's team thought they had found Wonder Woman and she would save their campaign from the Obama zeitgeist.

And then she just...fell apart. I don't get it. Some of it is she isn't all that sharp, but she was sharp enough to make herself governor. I don't know if the attention got to her head, or she listened too much to Tea Partier conspiracy theorists. I still don't understand what it is she wants. She quits her governor's term, she quits her Fox News pundit job, she doesn't even follow through on a celebrity/reality star career. She's just sort of...there. 

Archived