Jump to content
IGNORED

Babies By the Bushel: Upcoming Babies 9


Bethella

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, lilith said:

I was checking here in hopes that Shrader baby news made it here before the Shrader thread. I’m getting really concerned about Esther. Surely John wouldn’t neglect to mention Esther giving birth?

Do their youngest kids have Zambian citizenship, US citizenship, dual citizenship, or are they stateless?

If John cared about Esther and the kids he wouldn't have dragged them around from church basement to church basement and then to Zambia to play missionary .

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One couple I know kept their own surnames when they married, but decided to use the wife's surname as the kids' surname. Instead of that tradition where a kid is sometimes given mum's surname as a first name, their son was given his dad's surname as his first name. (Dad has a surname that can cross over as a first name pretty well, so it works.)

  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

One couple I know kept their own surnames when they married, but decided to use the wife's surname as the kids' surname. Instead of that tradition where a kid is sometimes given mum's surname as a first name, their son was given his dad's surname as his first name. (Dad has a surname that can cross over as a first name pretty well, so it works.)

Are you talking about Brady Hobbs from Sex and the City? Do you know Miranda Hobbs?!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

One couple I know kept their own surnames when they married, but decided to use the wife's surname as the kids' surname. Instead of that tradition where a kid is sometimes given mum's surname as a first name, their son was given his dad's surname as his first name. (Dad has a surname that can cross over as a first name pretty well, so it works.)

I know a couple who also kept their own surnames but their son has dad's surname and their daughter has mom's surname.

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Are you talking about Brady Hobbs from Sex and the City? Do you know Miranda Hobbs?!

Nope, I've never watched Sex and the City! Now I'm wondering if that's where they got the idea, though. :pb_lol:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My cousin's kids have his wife's last name. The reason is she doesn't have any brothers and her sister doesn't have any kids and she wanted her last name to continue. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Bethella said:

I know a couple who also kept their own surnames but their son has dad's surname and their daughter has mom's surname.

Do any of you remember that episode of little house on the prairie where Nellie's family and Percivel's family were fighting over whether Nellie's baby would be Jewish or Christian? So they compromised that if it's a girl, she would be Christian and if it's a boy he would be Jewish. But surprise! She had girl boy twins! How the hell do you raise twins in a different religion? That show was ridiculous sometimes. 

  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do any of you remember that episode of little house on the prairie where Nellie's family and Percivel's family were fighting over whether Nellie's baby would be Jewish or Christian? So they compromised that if it's a girl, she would be Christian and if it's a boy he would be Jewish. But surprise! She had girl boy twins! How the hell do you raise twins in a different religion? That show was ridiculous sometimes. 

Yes, I clearly remember that episode. I can maybe kinda see how you could treat going to church as a mommy and me or daddy and me outing where it's something special that only the parent and child do together while the other parent and other child do the same thing at the other church. But I think it would lead to some really messed up family dynamics (i.e. mommy takes her favorite to church with her and ignores the non-favorite...)

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do any of you remember that episode of little house on the prairie where Nellie's family and Percivel's family were fighting over whether Nellie's baby would be Jewish or Christian? So they compromised that if it's a girl, she would be Christian and if it's a boy he would be Jewish. But surprise! She had girl boy twins! How the hell do you raise twins in a different religion? That show was ridiculous sometimes. 

I hated that episode!  Like religion meant nothing and it was some arbitrary thing like who gets which room or who is named after which side of the family.

It infuriated me because it made no sense morally or logically.  If "Percival" (Isssaaaaaccc!!) changed his name to hide his Jewishness (which is what it was) then why would he be okay with his son being actively raised a Jew?  

I hated that episode, but I'm a die hard LHOP fan no matter how badly they screw it up.  I have no shame.

 

  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I hated that episode!  Like religion meant nothing and it was some arbitrary thing like who gets which room or who is named after which side of the family.

It infuriated me because it made no sense morally or logically.  If "Percival" (Isssaaaaaccc!!) changed his name to hide his Jewishness (which is what it was) then why would he be okay with his son being actively raised a Jew?  

I hated that episode, but I'm a die hard LHOP fan no matter how badly they screw it up.  I have no shame.

 

And that's what makes this episode for me . No offense , but in the end religion is about who has the fancier sky fairy and fighting between or about religion is just dumb . 

And I always loved Nellie and Percival .

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, hasunah said:

And that's what makes this episode for me . No offense , but in the end religion is about who has the fancier sky fairy and fighting between or about religion is just dumb . 

And I always loved Nellie and Percival .

Which is fine, but that wasn't how it was presented in the series so it made no logical sense and was completely out of character for the tone of LHOP as a whole.  

I just like continuity in entertainment, mileage varies.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, singsingsing said:

One couple I know kept their own surnames when they married, but decided to use the wife's surname as the kids' surname. Instead of that tradition where a kid is sometimes given mum's surname as a first name, their son was given his dad's surname as his first name. (Dad has a surname that can cross over as a first name pretty well, so it works.)

Like Wyatt Halliwell. (I miss Charmed)

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Mortons had their New Year's Ball last night; many Mortons & Campanas & Bethany Lane are posting pics on IG. 

Alyssa is not in labor, or wasn't last night. She and her giant bump were dancing. 

She's freaking huge. And high. Doesn't look like she's dropped yet. 

 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I hated that episode!  Like religion meant nothing and it was some arbitrary thing like who gets which room or who is named after which side of the family.

It infuriated me because it made no sense morally or logically.  If "Percival" (Isssaaaaaccc!!) changed his name to hide his Jewishness (which is what it was) then why would he be okay with his son being actively raised a Jew?  

I hated that episode, but I'm a die hard LHOP fan no matter how badly they screw it up.  I have no shame.

 

i loved the show, even though it was no where near correct for the time it portrayed!

My brother is the last male with our father's name and he had one daughter but no sons so the name in my line ends with him. I hyphenated my last name when I got married because of that fact, but after my husband and I divorced then got back together and married again I just went with his last name because it was too darn long using both names.  Our daughter says she and her boyfriend are committed but will probably never actually get married but that she might someday change her last name to my mother's maiden name because she likes the way it would sound with her first name and also the particular person she was named after was my aunt (my mother's sister) - which would be really confusing!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

The Mortons had their New Year's Ball last night; many Mortons & Campanas & Bethany Lane are posting pics on IG. 

Alyssa is not in labor, or wasn't last night. She and her giant bump were dancing. 

She's freaking huge. And high. Doesn't look like she's dropped yet. 

 

Also, on addie’s Instagram stories it looks like Amanda Weathers (Davis) is pregnant. Her husband is holding the bump but he may be just hugging her from behind. They got married in July . Addie will probably post something about it soon so we’ll confirm it then 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do any of you remember that episode of little house on the prairie where Nellie's family and Percivel's family were fighting over whether Nellie's baby would be Jewish or Christian? So they compromised that if it's a girl, she would be Christian and if it's a boy he would be Jewish. But surprise! She had girl boy twins! How the hell do you raise twins in a different religion? That show was ridiculous sometimes. 

10 hours ago, Bethella said:

Yes, I clearly remember that episode. I can maybe kinda see how you could treat going to church as a mommy and me or daddy and me outing where it's something special that only the parent and child do together while the other parent and other child do the same thing at the other church. But I think it would lead to some really messed up family dynamics (i.e. mommy takes her favorite to church with her and ignores the non-favorite...)

 

This was actually a relatively common thing in the past, especially with aristocratic, noble and royal families. Daughters would follow their mother's religion and sons would follow their father's. I don't think it was considered a big issue because of how these families functioned, because strict gender roles already restricted the types of activities girls and boys could do with their parents. Girls were already expected to learn from their mothers and boys from their fathers. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, anjulibai said:

 

This was actually a relatively common thing in the past, especially with aristocratic, noble and royal families. Daughters would follow their mother's religion and sons would follow their father's. I don't think it was considered a big issue because of how these families functioned, because strict gender roles already restricted the types of activities girls and boys could do with their parents. Girls were already expected to learn from their mothers and boys from their fathers. 

I guess I always assumed those families had nannies, governesses, and boarding schools that they learned from and didn't learn much from their parents until they were teens or young adults. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 19dageld said:

He might be baby New Year

Screenshot 2017-12-31 at 9.34.03 AM.png

Wow I'm sorry but that is way too overdue. I have had two people in my family have major problems because they went overdue. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, meee said:

Do we know when exactly she is (was) due? The first post only says December.

At one point Shrader said that their "estimated" date was December 16.  But he isn't at all worried.  :angry-banghead:

  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mariah campana posted a heart rate baby monitor that's in hospitals when you are in labor and delivery. I'm assuming Alyssa is at the hospital in labor. 

  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Bethella locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.