IGNORED

Babies By the Bushel: Upcoming Babies 9

Bethella

Mariah Campana just posted on her Instagram that Alyssa Morton is due Dec 28 and that today is the first  daughter's birthday so if Alyssa gives birth on schedule that will be two babies in one year for her!

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Mariah Campana just posted on her Instagram that Alyssa Morton is due Dec 28 and that today is the first  daughter's birthday so if Alyssa gives birth on schedule that will be two babies in one year for her!

Did she say if Alyssa was in labor? Because she's running out of time to deliver today.

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

Did she say if Alyssa was in labor? Because she's running out of time to deliver today.

She didn't say if Alyssa was in labor. The picture posted is from sometime earlier today, but didn't indicate anything other than the continued celebrations for Norah's birthday. She drew an arrow pointed at Alyssa's bump that said that today was the due date. 

We postulated the possibility of Irish twins, but I didn't realize how close Alyssa was cutting it. Still... seems like a 2017 baby is likely. She's going to give all of her SIL's a run for their money. With age and this level of fertility on her side, she'll have Kressant beaten within a decade.

Both Katie and Kressant had their first two born a year apart and then spaced out as time went on. Katie is clearly out of contention but Alyssa could definitely outpace Kressant. Rachel is also pretty fertile but she's never managed a year apart. 

Sierra posted that she's going to the hospital today to deliver their sixth. I'm assuming she's being induced or she has a scheduled csection. So her son will probably be born today, 

Alyssa’s due date with Norah was January 1st this year. So if she’d had both babies on their due dates, her and Sam would’ve had two babies from two separate pregnancies (full term) on the same year!  

I don’t think she’ll pass Kressant though. Kressant was a Mom by 19. Alyssa is 23 already

It is better if her first two don't have the same birthday. If she plans on having a giant litter, her kids will have to share enough.

14 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Alyssa’s due date with Norah was January 1st this year. So if she’d had both babies on their due dates, her and Sam would’ve had two babies from two separate pregnancies (full term) on the same year!  

I don’t think she’ll pass Kressant though. Kressant was a Mom by 19. Alyssa is 23 already

Kress turned 19 2 months before she got married so she was almost 20 when she had her first.  Kressant also spaced out a lot with the last couple of kids.  If Alyssa goes the way of the Duggars/Bates and/or has multiples she can surpass Kressant.  

It's hard to say exactly how many Alyssa will have. If you look at most fundies, their first two are closer together in age compared to their third. So I doubt she will have another due at the end of December of 2018. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's hard to say exactly how many Alyssa will have. If you look at most fundies, their first two are closer together in age compared to their third. So I doubt she will have another due at the end of December of 2018. 

Could yawl update me on whose all married to whom and the kids in the S´morton family? I´m starting to get lost

1 hour ago, 19dageld said:

Could yawl update me on whose all married to whom and the kids in the S´morton family? I´m starting to get lost

In birth order

Katie (34) was married to Alan Smith (34) and they have 8 kids together. They divorced this year I’m pretty sure

Michael (33) is married to Kressant Smith (30) and they have 7 kids

Cleveland (31) is married to Lise Kendall (36) and they have 3, 1 on the way 

Wesley (29) is married to Rachel Smith (28) and they have 6 kids

Dorothy (27) is married to Noah Sanders (29) and they have 3 kids

Adeline (26) is single

Martha (24) is married to Tayte Alexander (22) and they have 1 kid

Andrew (22) is married to Kennedy Decker (22) and they have 1 kid

Samuel (21) is married to Alyssa Campana (23) and they have 1 and 1 on the way 

John (19), Edwin (16) and Paul (14) are single

Sierra had the baby a few hours ago:: 

Brooks Zechariah

7 pounds 11 ounces

20 1/2 inches long

I prefer the name Brooks to some of her other names and spelling choices.  I'm surprised it's not some odd spelling or modern sounding name. 

Dunno, it isn't an odd spelling but I would say it's trendy. Surnames-as-first-names are really trendy at the moment in the US.

21 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Dunno, it isn't an odd spelling but I would say it's trendy. Surnames-as-first-names are really trendy at the moment in the US.

I guess since I knew more than one BROoks growing up, it doesn't seem that trendy to me. 

I was checking here in hopes that Shrader baby news made it here before the Shrader thread. I’m getting really concerned about Esther. Surely John wouldn’t neglect to mention Esther giving birth?

Do their youngest kids have Zambian citizenship, US citizenship, dual citizenship, or are they stateless?

1 hour ago, Triplet3 said:

Using family surnames as middle names has always been common in the south and also in Texas, where I'm from.  We used a family name as our daughter's middle name actually. I have not noticed it as much with first names, though.

10 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Using family surnames as middle names has always been common in the south and also in Texas, where I'm from.  We used a family name as our daughter's middle name actually. I have not noticed it as much with first names, though.

My sister & I have 4 names. 1 of them is our mother’s maiden name. 

If you look through the family trees of the rich and famous men of American history, you'll find last names as first and middle names extremely common. So like if a daughter is an Astor or a Rockefeller, she will likely give at least one of her children her maiden name as a middle name. And maybe even more. It happens over and over again in those big name families and even in regular middle class families. 

3 hours ago, lilith said:

I was checking here in hopes that Shrader baby news made it here before the Shrader thread. I’m getting really concerned about Esther. Surely John wouldn’t neglect to mention Esther giving birth?

Do their youngest kids have Zambian citizenship, US citizenship, dual citizenship, or are they stateless?

At the very least, they have US citizenship. Now I'm curious and I think I'll look into what it takes to be a Zambian citizen.

This is out of date wrt dual citizenship -- rules changed this year, and it is now allowed -- but if the rest is correct, the children born on Zambian soil are Zambian citizens until age 21, at which point they will have to apply for permanent citizenship.

2 hours ago, Jana814 said:

My sister & I have 4 names. 1 of them is our mother’s maiden name. 

That's exactly what I did when naming my kid. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If you look through the family trees of the rich and famous men of American history, you'll find last names as first and middle names extremely common. So like if a daughter is an Astor or a Rockefeller, she will likely give at least one of her children her maiden name as a middle name. And maybe even more. It happens over and over again in those big name families and even in regular middle class families. 

Neither rich nor famous nor a man, but my kid got my last name as a second middle name.  Had too many people tell me of the trauma involved in hyphenated last names, but I also wanted her name associated with my side of the family.  

26 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

Neither rich nor famous nor a man, but my kid got my last name as a second middle name.  Had too many people tell me of the trauma involved in hyphenated last names, but I also wanted her name associated with my side of the family.  

I should say that people definitely gave daughters middle names that were family last names. I think it just might be a bit more common with males. 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I should say that people definitely gave daughters middle names that were family last names. I think it just might be a bit more common with males. 

I also have a female friend whose mother is a Cohn, the (basically) priestly class of the Jewish folks.  Mama married a goy, but Cohn remained as a middle name for her daughters.  

At one point, my daughter wanted to change her last name to "Amandasdottir," as we're Scandinavian and she was infatuated with Bjork Gudmundsdottir at the time (perhaps due to my influence). Didn't happen and she probably wouldn't be into anymore, but it's rather fascinating how we pass our names down through our bloodlines and family. 

My children are named after family members and so are most of my relatives. It's quite rare for someone to have a completely unique name in my family. Boring old traditionalists ;)

My two sons have my last name, and then my husband's last name as a middle name (we debated hyphenating too, and for a hot second considered giving my first born my last name, as a first name).  

Once my Dad dies, there are no males to carry on my family name, but there's like four male brothers/cousins carrying on my husband's family name, so everyone was cool with it.

The Minnesotans did joke if my kids could have Luther as a midde name for the Lutherans :pb_lol:

In all seriousness, I hope Esther and the baby are safe and sound :/

4 hours ago, lilith said:

Surely John wouldn’t neglect to mention Esther giving birth?

Yes, I think John is narcissistic enough to not mention Esther giving birth. Or possibly they just haven't mentioned it publicly.

Like @halcionne noted, the two youngest (not counting this new child) have US Citizenship and it appears, US passports, as they both visited the US with Esther a year ago in November.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived