IGNORED

Babies By the Bushel: Upcoming Babies 9

Bethella

Part of me kind of hopes Kendra and Joe pick a letter so that the M'kids aren't the only ones stuck with a letter theme. Either P after Kendra's dad, C after Kendra's mom and last name, or K after Kendra. 

Mainly I hope they just don't pick something stupid sounding. 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they will pick something biblical and then give him the middle name of "Joseph."

Noah Joseph

Isaac Joseph

Elias Joseph

On 2/4/2018 at 5:43 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Alphabetical:  Alexandra, Benjamin, Charles, Deborah, Elizabeth, Frederick, George, Hazel... It would make it easier to remember birth order! :wink-kitty:

I read a book by Ann Martin (better known as the author of the Babysitters Club series) that had this as a plot element! It was called "Ten Kids, No Pets", and each of the children were named in accordance with their chronological alphabet letter of birth order. My favorite of those was the third child's name: Calandra. I always thought that was a tremendously beautiful name as a kid. I secretly wish Courtney would trot it out every time we start speculating on her next arrow. It's got everything going for it! Starts with a  hard "C", AND has the (apparently very important for a girl) "Cal" prefix.

However, after giving her second daughter a nearly identical name to her first in defiance of kindness, logic, or originality, I have to assume that she's going to go with either "Calla" or "Calliana". 

When I was 10 I started writing a novel about a family of 12 kids whose names were alphabetical - first child had first name in a baby book starting with a (Aaron), second child had second name starting with B, etc etc. there were twins in there somewhere too who had consecutive boy and girl names for their letter. I actually plotted out the family and wrote a chapter featuring each of the kids (the poor twins shared one). I didn’t know about fundies and quiverful yet, so there wasn’t a religious element.

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

, I have to assume that she's going to go with either "Calla" or "Calliana". 

If I read Calla I automatically pronounce it in the Spanish way (like 'calle')

22 hours ago, lilith said:

When I was 10 I started writing a novel about a family of 12 kids whose names were alphabetical - first child had first name in a baby book starting with a (Aaron), second child had second name starting with B, etc etc. there were twins in there somewhere too who had consecutive boy and girl names for their letter. I actually plotted out the family and wrote a chapter featuring each of the kids (the poor twins shared one). I didn’t know about fundies and quiverful yet, so there wasn’t a religious element.

Oddly enough, that's the same way the kids were named in the Martin book. The mother was a bit of a control freak, and liked to do things very methodically. They started the naming trend with their first child, and continued on. First name under "A" for a girl was "Abigail", second name under "B" for the boy was Bainbridge, etc. There were twins in the book as well, though both were girls. Faustine and Gardenia, if memory serves. Each kid had at least one chapter on their own, though it seems like the final chapter was 3rd-person.

I haven't thought about this damned book in years, and now I've got to find a copy and read it again. 

12 hours ago, albireo said:

Lisë Marie Kendall Morton is 21 weeks and having a boy. Via her instagram.

So that makes her due mid June. She's going longer and longer between births. 

I think longer average spacing is actually pretty natural. I side eye families like the Duggars and Bateses because I think they were actively trying to have as many kids as possible and not actually leaving it up to god to decide. 

Maybe if the Bateses had done the alphabetical thing Kelly might have been able to name her children in order.

On 2/5/2018 at 5:13 AM, tabitha2 said:

Adam, Benjamin, Caleb , Daniel , Ethan, Frankincense, Gideon ... sounds about right :)

7 Brides for 7 Brothers! Great movie. :)

2 minutes ago, hasunah said:

Anyone remember the family with 13 sons ? The mother , Kateri Schwandt , is pregnant again and due in April .  They don't know the gender.

I hope it's a girl because these people are so publicized and I hate for the younger kids to feel like they were a disappointment to a bunch of strangers online. 

6 hours ago, anjulibai said:

So that makes her due mid June. She's going longer and longer between births. 

Good. Lise will be 36 this year and this is her fourth, right? Looks like they will end up with a large-but-manageable number of six or so kids total.

14 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Good. Lise will be 36 this year and this is her fourth, right? Looks like they will end up with a large-but-manageable number of six or so kids total.

Yes, this is her fourth. 36 sounds right, I have 1981-82 listed for her birth year. I'm going to guess that if she continues with her current trends, she'll have seven (#5 due winter 2020/21; #6 due summer 2023; #7 due early 2026)

8 hours ago, JillyO said:

6-7 seems manageable, especially in their world where nobody really seems to put much effort into their children (or even buckle them up properly while driving -.-)

Her kids are also spaced out nicely.

33 minutes ago, ophelia said:

6-7 seems manageable, especially in their world where nobody really seems to put much effort into their children (or even buckle them up properly while driving -.-)

Her kids are also spaced out nicely.

The spacing really will make all the difference. 6-7 kids is a lot. But unlike her SIL's, Lise is unlikely to encounter a scenario where she has three simultaneously in diapers. 

It appears that some point recently, Katie Valenti Bradrick had her  fourth.  Her sister Molly Valenti had an IG story with pictures and she was holding 4....Philip and Katie have been married 10 years I believe so definite spacing...

3 hours ago, teachergirl said:

It appears that some point recently, Katie Valenti Bradrick had her  fourth.  Her sister Molly Valenti had an IG story with pictures and she was holding 4....Philip and Katie have been married 10 years I believe so definite spacing...

Any guess on sex or age?

Katelyn Wahlquist gave birth to a boy named Phillip Barzillia based on her blog... but she didn't post the exact day he was born. 

Spoiler

5a7bd26904bd2_ScreenShot2018-02-07at11_28_23PM.thumb.png.c24715220ea4661318b7e7354e4ecf94.png

She's only 21 and her oldest turns 3 in June.  I see 20 kids in her future.  I hope she's okay, she's the sort who only seems to blog happy, shiny smiley stuff but I've seen her posting on other ppl's social media about how hard she's finding things.  That world is incredibly difficult, not least because you're never allowed to admit to yourself that it's NORMAL to be overwhelmed when you're in constant state of producing and caring for babies, let alone caring for and educating the rest.

I'm relieved to know he's here. I thought she might have lost the baby because she hadn't posted anything about him since the pregnancy announcement, not even any shots where she appears pregnant, but she posted quite a few other things. I agree she is surely overwhelmed. How could she not be?

Also she misspelled Barzillai, a bible character - I hope it was just a typo.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived