IGNORED

Counting on Season 4- Part 4: Duggar Time or Watching Paint Dry

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Wasn't Jubilee on the list of names when they were picking Jordyn's name? The camera panned the sheet of paper for a few seconds that had list of J names. I think Jessalyn and Josie were on that list too.

yes, you are correct! I have noticed that in the past before too

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always wondered why there wasn't a Julie or Julia in the Duggar family, especially over the name Jinger. I'd actually understand Jinger's name a little more if it were late in the birth order... Like alright, more understandable if you had to shoehorn a name with creative spelling to fit your name theme if you've already had 10 other J girl names in use and maybe you ran out of ones you liked, but don't want to stray from the J theme 19 kids in.

Yes, and never a Jane or Janet. No Jolene or Jewel or even Juliette. But Jinger. At about that time I'd be, saying, "letter J be damned".

Didn't JB just LOVE the name "Julie", but Michelle wouldn't go for it?  I always thought "Jubilee" was as close to "Julie" as Michelle was willing to go, hence why it kept making the list.

I always found the whole Jana-Joy Anna-Johanna thing awful. Isn't it enough that these kids hardly get to be individuals...some of them even have to "share" a name? 

I never got the Joseph-Josiah thing back to back either...

Not super creative thinkers, these folks!

On 12/15/2017 at 9:05 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm hoping that giving birth will bring out the mama bear in Joy and give her, her spine back.  She was never a wishy washy girly girl, she was a tomboy who got shit done, like Jessa but with bare feet and no make up. I'm also hoping being away from the TTH will give her a chance to figure herself out, without DQ and Sistermom telling her how to wife like a good Gothard.  :puke-huge:

That's way too much to hope for! Lol....  Have they had the great GINDER reveal yet?

24 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

That's way too much to hope for! Lol....  Have they had the great GINDER reveal yet?

Nope, and I'm guessing they aren't going to have one, these two are either being very private or TLC wants them to keep it hush hush.

On 12/16/2017 at 9:57 PM, seashell1025 said:

yes, you are correct! I have noticed that in the past before too

90A4B874-E3F0-4783-B364-66EF376E7355.thumb.png.7eaa94732d1ae16d415b423d492f36dc.png

Sorry it’s not clearer. Pretty sure Jubilee/Jubileigh is on there though (right by the finger of whoever is holding the paper.)

Jordyn, Josie, Grace, Makiya, and Brooklyn are all listed as well. So I don’t think Jubilee was necessarily a joke name or anything. 

ETA: Highligjts of the video -

1. JB really liked Julie Grace, but said whatever Michelle decided was good. I think Jackson liked it too. Michelle said it was a pretty name. 

2. They had everyone vote on a first and middle name. 

3. Jana said everyone should vote for Jordyn Makiya. Jill said that anyone who voted for that name would get candy. So there was some obvious bribery going on. 

4. Anna joking that she and Smuggar haven’t picked their letter yet. Jinger made a face. It was kind of hysterical. 

On 12/17/2017 at 11:54 AM, AlwaysExcited said:

That's how you let the kid know who is their sister mum!

OffJill

On 12/16/2017 at 10:56 PM, Rachel333 said:

I recall people here thinking Jubilee was kind of a joke name, since there were several like that on the list.

I watched the clip just now. Some kids were suggesting joke names - like Juicyfruit - but they didn’t make it onto the ballot. I’m pretty certain all the names listed were actual contenders. 

I read that Joy and Austin aren't doing a gender reveal.They want to find out the gender of their child,when Joy has the baby.

I always thought the Duggars had some redundant names..lol.The Joseph/josiah/Josie and Jana/Joy Anna /Johannah.

I saw that list on that episode.I was utterly appalled by "Jessalyn".

My son asked why the Duggars never used his name.Jeffrey.They did not know who Dolly Parton was,so I doubt they keep up with serial killer,like Jeffrey Dahmer.

22 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Didn't JB just LOVE the name "Julie", but Michelle wouldn't go for it?  I always thought "Jubilee" was as close to "Julie" as Michelle was willing to go, hence why it kept making the list.

Maybe there was a Julie in Boob's past and ME wasn't going to let that interfere?

14 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I watched the clip just now. Some kids were suggesting joke names - like Juicyfruit - but they didn’t make it onto the ballot. I’m pretty certain all the names listed were actual contenders. 

I think you're right. Still, I wouldn't blame someone for thinking Jubileigh was a joke name!

18 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Heistheway is prob my all time favorite fundie name, just saying.

I had to look that up and started falling down a new rabbit hole.  Dear Rufus!

58 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

90A4B874-E3F0-4783-B364-66EF376E7355.thumb.png.7eaa94732d1ae16d415b423d492f36dc.png

Sorry it’s not clearer. Pretty sure Jubilee/Jubileigh is on there though (right by the finger of whoever is holding the paper.)

Jordyn, Josie, Grace, Makiya, and Brooklyn are all listed as well. So I don’t think Jubilee was necessarily a joke name or anything. 

ETA: Highligjts of the video -

1. JB really liked Julie Grace, but said whatever Michelle decided was good. I think Jackson liked it too. Michelle said it was a pretty name. 

2. They had everyone vote on a first and middle name. 

3. Jana said everyone should vote for Jordyn Makiya. Jill said that anyone who voted for that name would get candy. So there was some obvious bribery going on. 

4. Anna joking that she and Smuggar haven’t picked their letter yet. Jinger made a face. It was kind of hysterical. 

Thanks for finding that. I went to the site to look at the names some are really easy to tell Jordyn, Julie, Jessie, Jessalynn, Jodi, Josie, Jubilee or Jubileigh, and others are harder to tell. I wish my eyes were better. Is that Jazmine after Jessalynn? Jaylee or Jayleigh? I can't tell the next several names until Jubilee or Jubileigh, and Jichelle. On the middle names is that Madison after Charity? How awkward would that be if they went with Jordyn Madison or Josie Madison? I wonder who put Paris on the list? Maybe Jessa? 

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived