IGNORED

Dillards 47: Tweeting Twit

samurai_sarah

Santa Conspiracy Theorists. omfg that's great. Why is it so easy for me to picture this wanker actually calling a child that?

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Santa Conspiracy Theorists. omfg that's great. Why is it so easy for me to picture this wanker actually calling a child that?

Santa Conspiracy Theorist is a great count title!  I know I'm supposed to stuff to submit it but, I probably definitely won't.   Too lazy and I never get to see them on my mobile anyway. 

1 hour ago, LacyMay said:

I don't know, but whenever I'm away from FJ for a few days this is always the thread that takes me the longest to catch up on. 

Also that clip of Derick reading to the boys is so awkward. How he interacts with them is just so strange. Even Michelle who wasn't the most warm seemed to be at least comfortable around the Jkids, Derick just seems like he can't grasp that they are an infant and a toddler. 

I honestly don't know that I've seen another Duggar or Duggar inlaw seem so distant in their interaction with their kids. Heck even Jeremy seems to be more engaged when I see clips of him with Spurgeon and Henry and they aren't even his kids. 

The vibe I get from Derick is that someone just plopped two strange kids on his lap and walked away. 

With you on that. Derick is very uninterested with his kids I dare say. And it makes me sad for Izzy and Sam. 

Treasure those moments Derick. The one thing Michelle got right is that kids grow up in the blink of an eye. 

16 hours ago, 0Kidsandnotcounting said:

I'm not saying Derek is an angel or anything, or that he has good social skills. I think if he wants to convert people he could do it more effectively in other ways. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think he's any more or less of an ass than he was when he first appeared on the show. 

And I'm not saying what's normal in Arkansas is normal for everywhere, but I know calling someone a bigot usually just makes them block out whatever else you're saying and, if anything, makes them feel like persecuted christians. Not that people should treat them like sensitive babies, but no progress is going to be made if no one tries to see things from others perspective and just throw insults. it confirms their beliefs that the world is evil, and probably intensifies their need to try to convert people and legislate their ridiculous laws. 

His perspective is that my queer and transgender friends are evil or broken. His perspective is that because I am a Jew who intends to stay that way, I will burn for eternity and I should move to Israel along with every other Jew so that the End Times can begin. His perspective is that innocent toddlers are wicked and manipulative. Looking at the world through Derick Goggles makes me sick to my stomach. 

Getting caught up I'll give my 2 or 3 cents:

Izzy is acting like any other proper two year old.  Can't sit still for very long, easily distracted and like to talk. Normal, normal, normal.  Derick is going to choke the joy out of that child.

The whole "We say some women in Burkas".  One, I doubt they were full burkas, but can't expect Jill to bother to know this. Why are they pretending to befriend Muslims? Shit head Derick re-tweets Trump and Gorka, and proudly supported Roy Moore. None of those men want Muslims in the country. We know Trumps wants to either round them up and/or display some kind of symbol IDs themselves as Muslims (think yellow start).  Oh and Arab/Muslim not the same thing.

Every time I think the Dillards can't sink lower, there they go.

5 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Does this thread consistently/repeatedly crash for anyone else whenever someone shares an instagram post? It's only this thread, but it's been happening for months for me.

I have been having the same problem for a few days now. 

Does Bro Shrader need a new intern?  Dirty Jesus might be available.

Does this shit show get any better? He's straight up racist calling all Muslims Arabs and all coverings burkas. He hasn't seemed to bond with his own kids. He's nothing but a combative and ignorant ass on social media. It's great for snarking on, but wtf is his malfunction? There's something off here besides just being a fundie. And Santa conspiracy theorist? Really?

Get a job, guy. A real one. One that pays cash money on a regular basis. Hopefully one where you doesn't have to actually interact with people, because you seem quite awful at that.

I think he realizes that he peaked in life when he was Pistol Pete. He's kind of like Al Bundy from Married With Children and his 4 touchdowns in a single game, in the way. But at least Al had a job.

Derick is going through and liking the comments on Jill’s IG that specifically applaud them for attempting to convert Muslims. Because of course he is.

91D1050B-85D8-4907-86A1-27B8F5A3FB92.jpeg

I rolled my eyes so hard at these people that they fell out of my head.

Also why do these people think/act like non-Christians have never heard of Jesus before?

2 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

To add to @HarryPotterFan's comment, not all religions go around proselytizing either.  Jews don't and neither do Buddhists.  I doubt that Wiccans do it either for that matter.

EXACTLY!! We're a very exclusive club, not everyone can join.

Spoiler

cantsitwithus.gif?fit=500,250

We're the cool kids. We don't beg you to sit with us. You want to sit with us. 

I kid, I kid. But you're right, we don't go around converting people/proletheritying. Heck, I can't even spell/pronounce proletheryzing. Sure, we will welcome people who want to covert with open arms. And you don't have to be Jewish to join us for Shabbat dinner/Passover Seder, etc. You'll have to sit through the religious stuff, but you don't have to participate. Just eat. And have some wine.

And I just noticed this gem, "In the West we are so tolerant now you can't even have an opinion on others religion for fear of offending!" I can't even with that. Well, listen up buddy. It is MY OPINION that you use YOUR RELIGION as an excuse to be a douhenozzle. 

Before anyone says anything, I know we have opinions on fundie religious types on this site, but we don't go around screaming our opinions at random people or tell them they're going to hell.

Except, Instagram Derrickophiles, there isn't any love there.  He gives no sense of Christian joy or the goodness of the Good News. He just seems to revel in being a superior Christian.

To compare, many years ago I read an article by Victoria Osteen about visiting gay young men who'd been diagnosed with HIV. She made it clear that she thought being gay was a sin. But her writing was also very different than Derick's.  I think her beliefs are nonsense BUT they are similar to Derick's.  Yet the tone was so strikingly different. It felt as if there was an undercurrent of (utterly misguided) compassion.

IMO, Derick is miserable and disappointed in life and Christianity is an easy way for him to temporarily feel superior.  

I was fortunate enough to be assigned to.a Jewish based therapy group as a kid. They were part of the counselors who worked with CPS at the time. Being seen there also allowed me to attend a Jewish summer camp from the time I was 8 until I aged out at 15. Even though my mom was fundie to a point, I loved being able to participate in the Shabbat dinner with the kids across the lake. It was new, and different, and I learned a lot about acceptance from a fairly early age. 

I DO know some fairly,  .. militant... Atheists. I'm cool with religion as long as you aren't trying to control or convert me but some people I've come across want no religion any where at any time. To me it's all basically the same in principle. Don't kill or steal, treat others well, and what you put out will be what you receive. I do think some people are inherently evil but I don't agree with using Satan as an excuse to shift accountability for one's actions. (*cough* Josh)  I have some Native American ancestors and some basis in Pagan traditions but I'm more the live and let live type. I won't push and I don't want to be pushed. If we were all this way the world would be so much better! Although probably kind of boring...

34 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

EXACTLY!! We're a very exclusive club, not everyone can join.

Reveal hidden contents

cantsitwithus.gif?fit=500,250

We're the cool kids. We don't beg you to sit with us. You want to sit with us. 

When I was a freshman in college at a small liberal arts school on the east coast, I always ate at the Hillel because their food was kosher and made by someone's loving grandma, versus the crappy cafeteria food. I did want to sit with you guys; the food was so much better. 

3 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Derick is going through and liking the comments on Jill’s IG that specifically applaud them for attempting to convert Muslims. Because of course he is.

91D1050B-85D8-4907-86A1-27B8F5A3FB92.jpeg

Not as if he has anything better to do, right? :pb_rollseyes:

2 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

She made it clear that she thought being gay was a sin. But her writing was also very different than Derick's.  I think her beliefs are nonsense BUT they are similar to Derick's.  Yet the tone was so strikingly different. It felt as if there was an undercurrent of (utterly misguided) compassion.

This. 

This is what seems to set Derrick apart, a huge majority of Christians do what they do out of compassion (misguided or not) I have one acquaintance that comes to mind who is very Christian, very much believes in the importance of sharing the good news and evangelizing and all that. 

BUT I've seen him literally give a person on the street the coat off of his back. Nothing showy no fake donuts. The guy was cold he gave him his coat end of story. This is the same person who railed against me on FB when I said that the stuff duck dynasty guy said about homosexuality was awful and he deserved to be "fired" from A&E for it. 

I know a lot of nice people with shitty beliefs. 

Derrick just seems like a shitty person with shitty beliefs. 

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

When I was a freshman in college at a small liberal arts school on the east coast, I always ate at the Hillel because their food was kosher and made by someone's loving grandma, versus the crappy cafeteria food. I did want to sit with you guys; the food was so much better. 

I was fortunate enough to attend a bar mitzvah when I was in grade school. I don't know exactly why, but the small youth group at my church (Presbyterian Church, USA) was invited to come and the youth leader let 10 or 11 year old me tag along with my older sister and our brother. I remember sitting quietly during the readings and the singing. It was beautiful, even though I was pretty clueless about it all. (The synagogue was gorgeous, too. It still is when I drive by it.)

But what I remember the most is the food! I was a moderately picky eater, but everything tasted so good! I usually didn't like to try new food, but I tried everything that evening. So, please, @HarryPotterFan, can I sit at the cool table? I won't be converting, but I promise not to proselytize. (I don't know how to spell it either, but my phone does! :pb_wink: )

7 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

I think he realizes that he peaked in life when he was Pistol Pete. He's kind of like Al Bundy from Married With Children and his 4 touchdowns in a single game, in the way. But at least Al had a job.

Glory days,

They'll pass you by, glory days

In the wink of a young girl's eye, glory days

Glory daaaaaayyyyyyyyyys

*awesome synth riff*

I worked on a Jewish summer camp, went to one Friday service so I could have an understanding of that and ate with everyone at Shabbat dinner (the rest of the Fridays I didn't go to service so I could phone my boyfriend at home, it was one of the few times the five hour time difference made it possible - plus I don't understand Hebrew so was very lost). I couldn't eat most of the food because I'm a gluten intolerant vegetarian, but it was so nice being welcomed into someone else's community like that, and I learnt so much about the religion and culture I wouldn't have done otherwise.

I just wish people like Derrick and Jill realised you didn't have to agree with people's beliefs to have a fun and free conversation with them. People asked me what I believed, I responded truthfully, and we shared a smile and ate good food. Bliss.

6 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Also why do these people think/act like non-Christians have never heard of Jesus before?

Well, these people are pig-ignorant of other people's religions and the world in general. They must assume everyone else is similarly clueless. Really, people this stupid should not be let loose on the world.

15 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

He constantly looks miserable - from embracing his wife to reading to his kids.  He doesn't groom himself; he wears ill-fitting, sloppy clothes.  His tweets are full of vitriol and defensiveness.  Any one in isolation wouldn't amount to much, but together it paints the portrait of a disappointed and depressed man.

He reminds me of Emily'a DNA. Weight loss, sloppy clothes, lack of interest in grooming himself...

• samurai_sarah pinned, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived