IGNORED

Joy and Austin 17: Staying Off the Internet

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Geez, that's quite a personal question from someone who doesn't know you well!

Well it was the mother of the woman who once asked me about my son by asking "what's wrong with him?" She couldn't grasp the concept that he wasn't mentally disabled just tall, she thought he was the same age has her granddaughter not 3 years younger because they were the same size. They granddaughter is 23 and 5' & ds is 20 and 6', Rudeness and stupidity ran in the family. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Well it was the mother of the woman who once asked me about my son by asking "what's wrong with him?" She couldn't grasp the concept that he wasn't mentally disabled just tall, she thought he was the same age has her granddaughter not 3 years younger because they were the same size. They granddaughter is 23 and 5' & ds is 20 and 6', Rudeness and stupidity ran in the family. 

That is rude. I know someone who's son was very tall as a child and still is. At the age of 3 he was the size of a typical 5 year old. Being that he was 3 he would sometime have public meltdowns. People would stare and wonder what was wrong him. When they said he was 3 people didn't believe them. 

An old high school classmates of mine niece was and still is very small. When she was 3 she was mistaken for a very talkative 1.5 year old. 

I'm from a tall family and we have lots of stories like that of people assuming kids in my family were a lot older than they really were.

For example, I once got whistled at by a lifeguard for playing on a pool toy that was supposed to be only for kids 12 and under. I was 9 and really upset because I was a scrupulous rule follower and had never been whistled at before.

8 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

It must be hard for Joy to post about her baby bump because every time she does people comment on how huge she is and how it must have been conceived before marriage. It must be really hard to receive those comments bc I’ve always gotten the feeling Joy isn’t the most comfortable in her body and now she probably feels even more self conscious. 

If I were her I wouldnt post either, and give my mental health a rest.

i would like for them to post more about their house though

I agree. It must be hard for her to hear all the comments about how big she is and people making what are likely false allegations. It has got to make her feel terrible.  No wonder she's not posting. I wouldn't either.

6 hours ago, NewOrleansLady said:

One of hubby's old aunts, after seeing  Zelda would always comment, "You can really tell who her father is.   She looks just like him".    It made me very angry to think she could ever think Zelda could be anyone else's baby.

I don't necessarily think a comment like that is accusatory to you. Some people look so much like one of their parents, it's amazing.  I remember having a student when I taught middle school, who looked so much like his dad  that when his dad stopped in to see how he  was doing, I immediately knew whose parent he was before he even introduced himself.  I also have a friend with a daughter who looks exactly like her and the son looks just like the dad. 

When I was 11, I was told I was too old to trick or treat and the lady refused to give me candy. I was trick or treating with another 11 year old that was a full head shorter than me. She got candy from the lady.

#tallkidproblems

17 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Run Forrest Forsyth, Run!

If Forest Forsyth marries Zoey Joy Webster when they grow up, I'll eat my hat.

Or Alexandria Alexander! Not that the families are close, but still...

I don't know if you guys have ever read Archie Comics but Jughead's little sister is named Forsythia and nicknamed Jellybean. So if it's a girl I'm going with Forsythia Forsyth. But I think it's a boy so it doesn't matter. 

I am fine with Joy and Austin not posting. Joy doesn't owe us photos. She was raised in this, she didn't chose it.

Besides, with her abortion obsession her IG would probably end up looking like Anna's pre Josh scandal.

I can see them going for an Austin Forsyth Jr. or have Austin as a middle name if this baby is a boy. OR they'll use Martyn - regardless it's probably going to be a name Austin suggested. 

I've also heard that children resemble their fathers more when they're very young -- this was certainly the case with me.  When I was about 1 I looked so much like my father that my mom said she felt like she was just the incubator, and now I'm a carbon copy of her, so much so that her neighbors routinely mistake me for her when I visit her apartment. 

I wonder if some of it is perception, or the need to establish a sense of kinship. Entirely anecdotally, when I visited some family in Canada who I hadn't seen since I was a child, they exclaimed at how exactly I took after my maternal grandfather's side. The eyes are exactly the same, they said.

Which is weird because my eyes are identical to my dad's - or so I'd always thought. 

19 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

So Joy posted to Insta yesterday.  Can I say I love that she posts absolutely NOTHING, its kind of a big fuck off I'm not your performing monkey.  She's not posting anything about her bump and she's not saying anything about baby, and its making people crazy.

One of the comments pisses me off:

Austin and Jeremy are hard workers that don't expect their wives to support the family. Real Men...

12 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I've read that children typically look like their fathers until about age 2, and that it goes back to "caveman days" so the fathers could recognize their own children when they were all living communally.

I don't remember the source, but it was pre-Internet, so it must have been true. LOL

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, because I don't think cavemen had a great idea of what their own faces looked like. There weren't mirrors - just water for reflection.

10 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I'm from a tall family and we have lots of stories like that of people assuming kids in my family were a lot older than they really were.

For example, I once got whistled at by a lifeguard for playing on a pool toy that was supposed to be only for kids 12 and under. I was 9 and really upset because I was a scrupulous rule follower and had never been whistled at before.

People are honestly shocked when we tell them how old Velocibaby is because she’s so big now - 32 inches and 24.5 pounds at her one year appointment, which is pretty big for a girl that age. I fully anticipate dealing with assholes who think it’s cool to judge a kid having a tantrum in public without knowing their actual age.

I am literally a carbon copy of my mom, but neither of us saw the resemblance until we found a picture of her in her 20s and thought it was me. 

I've also been told I look like the actress who plays Pam Beesley in the Office, which is the best compliment I've ever gotten in. 

I feel Joy and Austin are busier than her siblings and their spouses, and that's a reason they're not on social media as much.

What do Derick and Jill do? Not much! Same with Jessa and Ben.

And although Jeremy "works", he and Jinger are far too in love with themselves to refrain from posting selfie after selfie.

3 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I am literally a carbon copy of my mom, but neither of us saw the resemblance until we found a picture of her in her 20s and thought it was me. 

I've also been told I look like the actress who plays Pam Beesley in the Office, which is the best compliment I've ever gotten in. 

Wait? What? I'M Pam!! I hear it all the time.

42 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

People are honestly shocked when we tell them how old Velocibaby is because she’s so big now - 32 inches and 24.5 pounds at her one year appointment, which is pretty big for a girl that age. 

That is exactly identical to my daughter's size at her one year check up even though she was on the small side at birth. People always mistook her for  being a year older. Sometimes I had to remind myself not to have unrealistic expectations based on her size alone.

18 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I'm also glad, because I can only take so many weird ass posts about how she's gestating a full-grown miniature man or whatever seventeenth century preformationism nonsense she believes

Or using your very much wanted child to talk about how abortion is bad.

It's like wanting to ban skydiving because you find learning Japanese flower arranging more enjoyable. 

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

One of the comments pisses me off:

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Austin and Jeremy are hard workers that don't expect their wives to support the family. Real Men...

I know lots of women like this, drives me NUTS.  I always say you mean support themselves like real grown ups.  They just roll their eyes at me, the crazy feminist, then remind me I was a SAHM for almost 10 years.  I remind them I CHOSE that and we lived like paupers in a tiny house so we could do it,  and that is what feminism is, choosing your life for yourself, not being told you will do this or that. 

13 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I am tall too. When trick or treating some people gave all the children candy except for me because I was far too old and should be ashamed of myself! (I was younger than most in the group)

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

That is exactly identical to my daughter's size at her one year check up even though she was on the small side at birth. People always mistook her for  being a year older. Sometimes I had to remind myself not to have unrealistic expectations based on her size alone.

Same here. Velocibaby was 5 pounds, 19 inches, and six weeks premature at birth - so she’s gained 19.5 pounds and 13 inches since birth, which is fantastic. People honestly can’t believe she’s only a year old or that she is a preemie. Even my mom has trouble remembering she’s still considered a preemie. Makes for some fun conversations where Mom insists she’s probably ready for X and I insist she isn’t because of her gestational age. :pb_lol:

I was also really tall as a kid, like off the charts. Our pediatrician told my mother that my sister and I would both be over 6 feet tall as adults, and according to my mother she used to get people giving her 'looks' when we were out sometimes when I was, say, three, and acted like I was three, but looked more like I was five or six. I was taller than almost all the other kids until I hit my early teens and things started evening out. As an adult I hit 5'8". Tall, but not even close to what my pediatrician predicted (and my sister is about an inch shorter than me). I used to hate being tall and now I love it.

My daughter is almost five and is height of a typical seven year old. 

She has always looked a weird mixture of her dad and me... like you can see parts of me and parts of him.

One time I had a photo of my mom when she was about two or three, and my daughter looked JUST LIKE HER. 

I also say there is no denying my child, because she is so much like me. Kid loves to sing and be the center of attention. I will be curious to see how she grows up, considering I was raised in an abusive household and am just now at nearly thirty coming into my own, and my daughter lives the good life and nobody abuses her.

One of my older sisters has been 6'0 since the 5th grade. My family is fairly tall but she's the only one that shot up that much and so young. I used to feel really bad for her when she'd trick or treat or do other normal kid things because people always questioned her on whether or not she was "actually a kid." 

But on  a lighter note, it's hilarious to watch our family videos of her playing basketball and absolutely dominating in grade school. :pb_lol: 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived