IGNORED

Maxwell 16: At least one Maxwell got fed for Thanksgiving...

samurai_sarah

I eat pizza with a knife and fork because my father grew up in the UK and thought it was super disgusting to pick it up with your hands. It’s turned into a habit at this point, plus I like not getting my hands greasy. Every time we order a pizza my boyfriend teases me by saying things like, “geeez, I didn’t know I was going out on a date with Bill freakin’ DiBlasio...”

9852D9CD-9F69-4A26-B74C-3A1DCF430E41.jpeg

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eating pizza with a knife and fork reminds me of the Seinfeld episode about eating candy bars with a knife and fork. 

Allison put up a post briefly describing the shower and only one picture! Come on Allison! 

I eat pizza with a knife and fork for one reason only: I don't want to ruin my lipstick. I often wear a long wearing liquid lipstick which I will not need to reapply if I eat carefully enough. Which I guess is weird in its' own way.

Chelsy and John also added to the wedding party section on the knot web page. John wrote about all his groomsmen but Chelsy only wrote about two bridesmaids. Maybe she's still working on it.

Turkish people eat slices of watermelon with a knife and fork and looked at me like I was an animal the first time I was served it there. #awkward

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy and John also added to the wedding party section on the knot web page. John wrote about all his groomsmen but Chelsy only wrote about two bridesmaids. Maybe she's still working on it.

I just read what you did. I think she is working on them. 

22 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

What am I missing? When I go to the website, I don't see anything about the wedding party.

https://www.theknot.com/us/john-maxwell-and-chelsy-bontrager-dec-2017

just scroll down and you'll see the descriptions. 

What will Chelsy say about her soon to be sisters in law?! Does she even know Elissa, NRAnna, and Melanie all that well? 

It sounds like John knows his brothers-in-law to be better than Chelsy knows her future sisters-in-law.  Although she'll have plenty of time with them soon, God knows.

I thought John's descriptions of his brothers were interesting.  Christopher being the most organized was not a surprise as he comes across as the stuffiest brother.

And he spends time making rhymes with Joseph?  The rap masters Maxwell??

It does sound like he has a great time visiting Chelsy's family and that there is a lot to do there.  I hope Chelsy isn't bored out of her mind living away from the farm in Kansas.

Regarding his paragraph on Christopher—what is a burpee?  

And they went to lunch “once every five weeks.”  That’s very specific and reeks of tight scheduling. Will he miss the Almighty Schedule when he moves 0.70 miles away?

His writing is very stilted, but says a lot about his relationships with his brothers. Interesting that he mentions that Chris is organized more than once. 

The difference in his description of his future brothers in law and his own brothers is interesting. The Bontragers just sound more fun based on his descriptions. Of course we knew that already. It's just funny to read. 

Burpees are an exercise. 

6 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Did Sarah actually ask for photos of people reading her new book? And she's gonna post them? This could get VEEEEEERRRRYYYY interesting..........

The cat testimonial photo isn't enough?

Spoiler

In her bio on the Bontrager website, Chelsy lists one of her heroes of the faith as Jael.  Jael was a major badass.  When a Canaanite general fleeing from the Israelites in a losing battle got to Jael's tent, she let him in and gave him milk and a blanket. After he had fallen asleep, she hammered a tent peg through his temple into the ground (Judges 4).  I would love to know what Chelsy admires about Jael.

Sarah actually getting her book finished and ready for distribution is reminding me how horribly lazy a writer I've been :(

On 12/4/2017 at 11:39 PM, justmy2cents said:

I think you're thinking of her older sister Melissa who married at 38 (the guy is considerably younger). They had 2 kids in pretty quick succession. Amanda was around 35 when she married Russell who looked like he was in his 60's but I think a poster who knew him said that he was in his early/mid 50's. His age alone shouldn't prevent them from conceiving @JermajestyDuggar. Just look at Alec Baldwin and George Clooney. 

That was me who knew Russell, but I think I was mistaken about his age. I just looked him up on whitepages dot com and it says he is 65. I apparently just assumed he was closer to my age than he actually is.

He's a good guy and I hope they do have a child.

Chelsy and John have some interesting things on their registry:  a couple of pretty aprons (one is even called "flirty"!), some essential oils including Thieves* oil, a Pioneer Woman cookbook, pliers and a couple of jack stands. Oh, and a book on the family not written by Stevehovah!

*My daughter LOVES Thieves and makes a household cleaner out of it.  Another daughter had some and cleaned up after her sick cat.  It took the stink right out of the carpet.

Are they gonna live stream the wedding and if so could someone record it as I have family obligations Dec 30.

8 hours ago, catlady said:

Regarding his paragraph on Christopher—what is a burpee?  

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Burpees are an exercise. 

Burpees are a sadistic torture designed by personal trainers and/or army Sargeants. Jump down to a crouch with your hands on the ground, jump your legs back to full extension, do push up, jump legs back to the crouch, jump up in the air (and shout "ole!"... that might just be my gym though). If they're in a really foul mood you can add in weights and a horizontal row after the push up for extra fun. There is a reason I have a t-shirt with "BUCK FURPEES" on it.

Pizza is okay to eat without sides, but only if you're eating more than a couple slices!

And I'm one of those weirdos who eats pizza with a fork and knife. I think it tastes better, especially since the fork stops the toppings from peeling off. I think I started eating it that way because when I was a toddler my mom or grandparent would cut it into bite sized pieces, so I started eating it the same way I would as chicken. The only time I ate it without a fork or knife was during Pizza Day at school, since we didn't have cutlery.

11 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Turkish people eat slices of watermelon with a knife and fork 

Do they cut it up into smaller pieces before serving it? I eat watermellon and cantelope and other fruits with a fork, but only if it's cut into pieces like a fruit salad.

It would be interesting to see someone cutting up a big hunk of watermellon on a plate like a steak.

Ok pizza: the best way to eat it is cut a slice then fold it like a book with the topping inside and eat it! Yummy, no oil that greas your hands and no topping going around :56247955dd693_32(12):

From reading John’s descriptions of everyone I find it interesting how he describes Joseph as the one getting married first when it was actually Nathan. Also, how before Nathan got married John would race him on his bike while Nathan ran, it’s pretty telling that after they get married they truly are cut off from everyone. I wonder if the siblings are allowed to just show up and talk and hang out with a married one? To me, it’s pretty sad. For Christopher to be able to do that amount of burpees, he should have been allowed to go into he military, I know he wanted to be an EMT, I wonder if any of them want to join a Service. 

10 hours ago, VVV said:

That was me who knew Russell, but I think I was mistaken about his age. I just looked him up on whitepages dot com and it says he is 65. I apparently just assumed he was closer to my age than he actually is.

He's a good guy and I hope they do have a child.

I honestly didn't believe he was in his 50s. Unless he was a recovered alcoholic or addict. Because to look that much older isn't natural. I do know alcoholics in recovery that look a decade older. But that's the nature of alcoholism. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived