IGNORED

Maxwell 16: At least one Maxwell got fed for Thanksgiving...

samurai_sarah

It's not hand me downs that I find odd, just that they were used in back to back pictures without the outfit seeming to have an special significance. *shrug* I guess it's me. :)

I have two boys, who have older boy cousins, I'm all about hand me downs. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Arnold is saying, "Why is there a cat on the front when it's not about a cat?! Gimme a cat book!"

IMG_5733.PNG

And now I'm being really petty.....

The pizza party picture made me sad. Who eats pizza with a knife and fork?!?! The Maxwells, that's who. 

:confused2:

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No Arnold is saying, "Why is there a cat on the front when it's not about a cat?! Gimme a cat book!"

IMG_5733.PNG

And now I'm being really petty.....

The pizza party picture made me sad. Who eats pizza with a knife and fork?!?! The Maxwells, that's who. 

You'd be surprised, I know some people who eat that way.

20 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

You'd be surprised, I know some people who eat that way.

I used to love a pizza place that piled toppings and you had to eat it with a knife and fork. However the pizza the Maxwells were eating could easily be eaten with your hands. I'm way too practical to eat pizza like that. 14 pieces of silverware to wash? No way. I'm also kind of lazy.

My second daughter has two little girls, 2 1/2 and just turned one.  She has found out to her dismay that hand-me-downs are pretty much out of the question at this point.  Most of the older one's things just aren't the right season for the baby to wear.  We gave the baby a winter coat and boots for her birthday.  Now the older daughter did adopt a t-shirt of her brothers.   It's tie-dyed t-shirt I bought at the Black Dog store in Mystic Seaport.  Granddaughter calls it her Earth shirt. She loves the Earth!

Re. Pizza. Yeah, I have to admit that we use a knife and fork at times. I'm not in the USA, but in a restaurant it's pretty standard to use a knife and fork. I like salad with my pizza, so even more reason to use utensils. If I'm cooking a supermarket, "can't be arsed to cook tonight" pizza, then we use hands - I realise it makes no sense. My kids like to dip the crusts in hummus to complicate matters further.

On 12/5/2017 at 6:08 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

there is a HUGE misconception surrounding male fertility and age. People seem to think men can have kids well into his 90s for some reason. When really male fertility drops with age just like women. Just because there is no menopause doesn't mean he's super fertile all his life.

Whenever the much younger wife of a wealthy 90-something man conceives, I just assume the pool boy had something to do with it.

The "pizza party" looks sad to me because theres no friggin side dishes. No breadstix, cheesestix, wings. Heck even a nice homemade salad or a veggie tray with dip to go with it. And theyre drinking water. So just one piece of boring one topping pizza and water. I swear. They cant  even do pizza right. 

8 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Poor Sarah's book is now being shipped.  Arnold hasn't escaped yet.

She seems sooo stoked, though. I hope she uses this momentum to find her way out of the home, but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Her smile reaches her eyes and she has been more "chatty" in her blog posts.

Chelsy, however, seems far away from her sparkling self... in these pics she just seems so over Maxhell. Her smile is almost aggressive. The Maxwell girls will probably benefit from being around Chelsy in more ways than one. Chelsy on the other hand...

Spoiler

DSC_3836-425x284.jpg

DSC_3750-425x284.jpg

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

The "pizza party" looks sad to me because theres no friggin side dishes. No breadstix, cheesestix, wings. Heck even a nice homemade salad or a veggie tray with dip to go with it. And theyre drinking water. So just one piece of boring one topping pizza and water. I swear. They cant  even do pizza right. 

They're the most boring family on earth. I still find them weirdly fascinating, maybe because I think Steve is a sociopath.

21 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Recently there was mention of "another shower for Chelsy" on the Bontrager family's IG story. I think it took place last weekend and I keep checking their blog to see a recap of this shower. I wonder if the Maxwell women would have driven to Chelsy's home for the occasion. 

Probably not, there might have been fun involved.

Just now, FloraKitty35 said:

I think he is also. I’ve thought that for a long time. 

21 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Recently there was mention of "another shower for Chelsy" on the Bontrager family's IG story. I think it took place last weekend and I keep checking their blog to see a recap of this shower. I wonder if the Maxwell women would have driven to Chelsy's home for the occasion. 

They are up! I posted two of them a few posts back. At least I think it's the shower. She is holding up a colander in one.

Thanks @coconutflan for fixing the spoiler for me! My phone is ancient and doesn't play well sometimes :/

11 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

My second daughter has two little girls, 2 1/2 and just turned one.  She has found out to her dismay that hand-me-downs are pretty much out of the question at this point.  Most of the older one's things just aren't the right season for the baby to wear.  We gave the baby a winter coat and boots for her birthday.  Now the older daughter did adopt a t-shirt of her brothers.   It's tie-dyed t-shirt I bought at the Black Dog store in Mystic Seaport.  Granddaughter calls it her Earth shirt. She loves the Earth!

Ah, the Black Dog photography studio did my daughter's wedding.  There's so much to see in Mystic!

Eh, unless I go to Shakeys and get pizza with fried chicken and mojo potatoes, I just eat pizza by itself. I don’t see the big deal about eating pizza without any sides. Pizza to me has always been just about pizza. I so rarely have it, I prefer to savor it. I am ok with just water since I no longer drink soda. Honestly, their eating pizza is probably one of the more normal things they seem to do when it comes to food. 

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, anjulibai said:

Christina is wearing the skirt that Bethany wore last year, and Lydia is wearing the jumper that Ruthanne wore last year. Does that strike anyone else as odd? 

Maybe the cousins aren't allowed to wear the others' hand-me-downs?  Prissy Chris's girls, especially, look more covered-up than Nathan's.

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I do that most of the time. It is my way of portion control!

5 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

They could hardly find a date to get the family pictures taken, because their schedules are so full. I doubt they'll be able to fit in something funny like going to a bridal shower for your new daughter in law. She isn't even extended family yet.

Did Sarah actually ask for photos of people reading her new book? And she's gonna post them? This could get VEEEEEERRRRYYYY interesting..........

48 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

Did Sarah actually ask for photos of people reading her new book? And she's gonna post them? This could get VEEEEEERRRRYYYY interesting..........

Yes it could ;-)

52 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

hahaha!  if only someone would read it poolside in a bikini; it would never make it to the blog, but Stevie would have to look at it and try not to weep over her cleavage! 

18 minutes ago, catlady said:

hahaha!  if only someone would read it poolside in a bikini; it would never make it to the blog, but Stevie would have to look at it and try not to weep over her cleavage! 

That makes me want to buy the book just to send in that photo now...

I wondered who would mention sending a photo wearing such........I think whoever's the photo editor would crop it so all you see is face and book.......Hahahaha.......as that makes us remember why the Maxwells DON'T have Facebook. Do the Bontragers?

yeah, it was a little obvious, @BullyJBG, but Steve is so stupid about not being able to handle his friends' wives in loose shirts that he makes himself an easy target.  they're bound to get some pajama photos; chances are one of them could be wearing a tank top instead of a tshirt or granny gown, so he might still get an eyeful either way.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived