Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
samurai_sarah

Maxwell 16: At least one Maxwell got fed for Thanksgiving...

Recommended Posts

SPHASH
35 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

I think Calia's outfit is kind of random for family pictures too. Maybe its just me but Im offended for Chelsea that she was left out. Shes marrying into the family in less than a month ffs and they go on like she doesnt exist and try to portray John like hes still part of the "immediate family" when he aint.

Wait til next year provided she doesn't run for the hills screaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
meowfundiecatz

I think they left Chelsy out because the last broken courtship was 2 weeks before the wedding.

Also I always find it so crazy that NR Anna's family always looks so nice, when she tends to wear jumpers, jumpers, and more jumpers. But at least they are coordinating jumpers (not matching!) :)

I genuinely wonder if Melanie got the memo.

Oh and the color scheme is nice. Purple, Navy, and Teal. But I think I like it so much because I personally look good in jewel tones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SPHASH
4 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I think they left Chelsy out because the last broken courtship was 2 weeks before the wedding.

Also I always find it so crazy that NR Anna's family always looks so nice, when she tends to wear jumpers, jumpers, and more jumpers. But at least they are coordinating jumpers (not matching!) :)

I genuinely wonder if Melanie got the memo.

Oh and the color scheme is nice. Purple, Navy, and Teal. But I think I like it so much because I personally look good in jewel tones.

For the wardrobe attire they have come a long way compared to this:

DSC_8498-300x185.jpg

notice-a-300x199.jpg

  • Upvote 13
  • Disgust 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
justmy2cents
3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I thought that woman did end up having a baby, though? Maybe not, I haven't really followed them since their marriage. I do hope that Sarah gets to have children if she wants them, but she's also very lucky in that she has a ton of nieces and nephews to love. I know that doesn't make up for not having kids of your own when you want them - but as someone who doesn't want children but who would LOVE nieces and nephews and probably won't get any, I am actually kind of jealous of her in that regard!

I think you're thinking of her older sister Melissa who married at 38 (the guy is considerably younger). They had 2 kids in pretty quick succession. Amanda was around 35 when she married Russell who looked like he was in his 60's but I think a poster who knew him said that he was in his early/mid 50's. His age alone shouldn't prevent them from conceiving @JermajestyDuggar. Just look at Alec Baldwin and George Clooney. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fun-Dee

Ruthie reminds me of Wednesday Addams in that picture.  So much joy in her face!  :my_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FloraDoraDolly
1 hour ago, meowfundiecatz said:

@SPHASH VERY TRUE! Oh the old fundie uniform.

Are there any fundie families where the females of the species still wear frumpers? Or prairie dresses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
ophelia
13 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Losing a bit of weight seems to have made John look a wee bit more like Steve. I still think he is hot. 

Me too. But I'd prefer him with less goo in his hair.

2 hours ago, meowfundiecatz said:

@SPHASH VERY TRUE! Oh the old fundie uniform.

Those were simpler times. Now Duggar girls are wearing pants and I can't wrap my head around what is what anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KnittingOwl
5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

9. InvisElissa needs to relax her grip on Joseph's arm. He is not going to float away; I'm pretty sure his smugness weighs him down nicely. Also, her hair looks fantastic! 

Her hair *does* look fantastic.  I'm going to give her a little slack on the holding on to Joseph.  She's just as pregnant as NR Anna, and yet she's only one of two women standing (and the only married woman standing).  She might just need to hang on to keep her balance at some point.  I can't imagine it's a quick process with the Maxwells.  Let the poor woman sit down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
Hane
7 hours ago, SPHASH said:

For the wardrobe attire they have come a long way compared to this:

DSC_8498-300x185.jpg

notice-a-300x199.jpg

Gotta love Melanie for stickin’ it to the man by refusing to go full-uniform!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Odd1Out

I don’t really get all the hate on the family (including extended family) photo. That’s a big group of people and only so many ways to pose groups that large. It’s doubtful you’ll find too many arrangements that haven’t been used somehow on Pinterest.  The wagon is a good idea no matter if they thought it up themselves or saw the idea somewhere. It helps corral the younger kids. 

And as for all the kids not smiling, maybe they hate doing photos constantly, maybe this was the 50th take of the day. Unless they want to do head swaps in photoshop it would be hard to get this amount of people all looking at the camera and smiling at the same time. 

Theres plenty of things in Maxhell to scoff at, I just don’t get how this is one of them, but that’s  just my opinion. I too like the color choices and all over is sooo much better than the matching frumpers. 

  • Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Triplet3
7 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Are there any fundie families where the females of the species still wear frumpers? Or prairie dresses?

Some of the Seven Sisters still wear them, though two of them seem to be fully modern modest nowadays and one has even been spotted in jeans! Only one of the others (Leah) seems to wear frumpers/prairie dresses exclusively.

The mother and unmarried daughters on the 11Smiths blog (discussed here already) wear frumpers sometimes, particularly Sarah. I think I've spotted some of the Linzeys wearing them occasionally. There's also a couple of other fundie bloggers/families I follow who wear them, but they aren't known by FJ.

I'd actually be really interested to hear of other frumper-wearing fundies who blog or have a public social media presence. For some reason I find particularly fascinating the fundie families who dress differently to the modern world.

Edited by Triplet3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nausicaa
8 hours ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I genuinely wonder if Melanie got the memo.

I always wonder in these photos if Melanie is just really bad with color, or if this is her little way of sticking it to Steve and Teri. 

  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
8 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I think you're thinking of her older sister Melissa who married at 38 (the guy is considerably younger). They had 2 kids in pretty quick succession. Amanda was around 35 when she married Russell who looked like he was in his 60's but I think a poster who knew him said that he was in his early/mid 50's. His age alone shouldn't prevent them from conceiving @JermajestyDuggar. Just look at Alec Baldwin and George Clooney. 

"The quality of a man’s sperm decreases with age. As a man ages, it takes longer for his partner to get pregnant. There’s also an increased risk of not conceiving at all. Whatever the age of the mother, the risk of miscarriage is higher if the father is over 45."

https://yourfertility.org.au/for-men/age/

^^^^there is a HUGE misconception surrounding male fertility and age. People seem to think men can have kids well into his 90s for some reason. When really male fertility drops with age just like women. Just because there is no menopause doesn't mean he's super fertile all his life.

And we should never compare fundies to celebrities like George Clooney because they may have had help getting pregnant through IUI or IVF when many fundies may not ever consider those options due to religious beliefs. 

I didn't say there was no chance they wouldn't ever have a child. I hope they do. But their chances aren't great. And they definitely won't have a huge fundie family unless they adopt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VodouDoll

Catching up on their blog after a bit of time away. I thought the shower looked very nice. The family picture is too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

"The quality of a man’s sperm decreases with age. As a man ages, it takes longer for his partner to get pregnant. There’s also an increased risk of not conceiving at all. Whatever the age of the mother, the risk of miscarriage is higher if the father is over 45."

https://yourfertility.org.au/for-men/age/

^^^^there is a HUGE misconception surrounding male fertility and age. People seem to think men can have kids well into his 90s for some reason. When really male fertility drops with age just like women. Just because there is no menopause doesn't mean he's super fertile all his life.

And we should never compare fundies to celebrities like George Clooney because they may have had help getting pregnant through IUI or IVF when many fundies may not ever consider those options due to religious beliefs. 

I didn't say there was no chance they wouldn't ever have a child. I hope they do. But their chances aren't great. And they definitely won't have a huge fundie family unless they adopt.

I agree about George Clooney, but It is true that in Alec Baldwin’s case, his wife Hilaria is pregnant with their 4th child and the baby will be born before the oldest of the 4 turns five. They are reproducing faster than some fundies and he’s 59. If you ask me I don’t think they’re using fertility treatments. It really depends on both the man and the woman if you ask me, we don’t know if there’s something going on with Amanda as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I agree about George Clooney, but It is true that in Alec Baldwin’s case, his wife Hilaria is pregnant with their 4th child and the baby will be born before the oldest of the 4 turns five. They are reproducing faster than some fundies and he’s 59. If you ask me I don’t think they’re using fertility treatments. It really depends on both the man and the woman if you ask me, we don’t know if there’s something going on with Amanda as well.

We have no idea if Alec Baldwin is getting medical help. But here's the problem... Age is always assumed to be a problem for women only. As someone who has dealt with infertility it is really annoying. When a couple is over age 40, people ALWAYS point to the woman. Yes, a woman's fertility decreases after 40 but so do men's. And most couples are similar in age if you look at statistics. So that means two people in their 40s trying to get pregnant with reduced fertility yet it's always the woman who gets the blame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Granwych
2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I always wonder in these photos if Melanie is just really bad with color, or if this is her little way of sticking it to Steve and Teri. 

Good question.  I'm still scratching my head wondering why Mel is wearing a jean jacket in one of her sister's wedding photos.

9 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

"The quality of a man’s sperm decreases with age. As a man ages, it takes longer for his partner to get pregnant. There’s also an increased risk of not conceiving at all. Whatever the age of the mother, the risk of miscarriage is higher if the father is over 45."

Wonder if Tony Randall had any medical assistance with his swimmers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
catlady
4 hours ago, Hane said:

Gotta love Melanie for stickin’ it to the man by refusing to go full-uniform!

i was going to say the same thing!  and while i can't remember how she dressed her family in the last few group shots, the fact that she didn't go matchy-matchy in this new one makes me think she just doesn't like the concept.  

Elissa looks so different right now; she looks fabulous, but it took me a second to realize it was her (the arm-clutch gave it away).  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
justmy2cents
2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I didn't say there was no chance they wouldn't ever have a child. I hope they do. But their chances aren't great. And they definitely won't have a huge fundie family unless they adopt.

Sorry. I thought you were saying that his age would prevent them from having children at all. I knows men's fertility decreases with age. It just doesn't seem to take a dive off a cliff like many women experience in their 40's. She posted on the family blog for either their first anniversary or his birthday how wonderful he is and how he cheers her up during challenging times. Maybe she's had a miscarriage or maybe she's referring to something else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jana814
1 hour ago, Granwych said:

Wonder if Tony Randall had any medical assistance with his swimmers?

He didn't. It was a total shock both times. His first wife could not have kids. Apparently he was fine with not having any kids and his 2nd getting pregnant was a shock to both of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
29 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

He didn't. It was a total shock both times. His first wife could not have kids. Apparently he was fine with not having any kids and his 2nd getting pregnant was a shock to both of them. 

Some men are just mega fertile so when they are older, their fertility does go down, but it's still quite adequate for conception. John Tyler is a good example of this. And he must've passed that super fertility onto his son who also had children well past middle age. 

John Tyler's last child was born when he was 70. His son Lyon also fathered children in his 70s. That's why John Tyler has grandsons still alive today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
Hane

Just because an old man can get a woman pregnant doesn’t mean he SHOULD. My obgyn and I discussed the environmental factors over many decades of life that can have a negative effect on a guy’s swimmers. One such effect is suspected to be heightened risk of autism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anjulibai

Christina is wearing the skirt that Bethany wore last year, and Lydia is wearing the jumper that Ruthanne wore last year. Does that strike anyone else as odd? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astonished
Mela99

Maybe it's wasteful and sinful to not reuse outfits? I assume they have a sin reason for everything they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×