IGNORED

Maxwell 16: At least one Maxwell got fed for Thanksgiving...

samurai_sarah

Feel free to read the pinned Maxwell summary. Not that I wrote it or anything... *innocent whistle*

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/5/2018 at 6:04 PM, Hane said:

Oh, for that missed opportunity a few years ago when they brought their road show here to Evil Liberal Connecticut! @sparkles and I thought of going,

Wasn't that the Inspire! conference I spent a miserable hour attending in NH?   Believe me, you missed a bullet.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Evil Liberal Connecticut nothing.  I was shocked by the numbers of Fundies that came out of the woodwork from NH, MA, VT, and ME.  Some of them traveled quite a long way.

22 hours ago, kpmom said:

Now that they no longer have the dearly departed Uriah I wonder how they transport the items they sell? 

I vaguely remember that they took the big family van and rented a trailer for the last couple of conferences.  As the family van has now been traded with either Christopher or Nathan (I forget) perhaps they will take a couple of cars instead.

29 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Wasn't that the Inspire! conference I spent a miserable hour attending in NH?   Believe me, you missed a bullet. 

Thanks once again to you and Mr. P for taking one for the team and giving us details on the men's and women's portions of one of their conferences.  Mr. P's account of what happened was especially crazy! 

Mr. P still gives me the side-eye when my birthday rolls around.  I'll say "Perhaps this year we could ... "  And he interrupts, "do anything that doesn't involve a Maxwell Conference!"  

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Feel free to read the pinned Maxwell summary. Not that I wrote it or anything... *innocent whistle*

That was a very helpful summary a whole lot more palatable than their blog.  So thank you.

I have fallen down this rabbit hole with the wedding and um, yeah, wtf.  There is only so far I can go back.  Recently I went to their blog.  :wtsf:   But I have my standards, I refuse to watch any JRod FB schilling, I mean update, or whatever she does.  

@Palimpsest, does Mr. P know about the vasectomy-reversal speech from the wedding?  If so, I'd love to know what he thought about it!

@Elegant Mess, he does now.  I just filled him in on the wedding and vasectomy speech.

He says, "My heart goes out to the Reversals.  Can you imagine how awful it must be to have to contemplate being trapped in your father's scrotum for eternity?   And wouldn't 'The Reversals' be a great name for a Christian band?"

I wonder why they didn't think of that!

ETA: he wants to add that "trapped in your father's scrotum for eternity" is not an phrase he expected to say when he woke up this morning. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

13 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

ETA: he wants to add that "trapped in your father's scrotum for eternity" is not an phrase he expected to say when he woke up this morning. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

:omg: that is effing hilarious!

Pleae tell Mr. P he just made my whole day! 

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

"trapped in your father's scrotum for eternity" 

That should be a post count title.

Anyone know the joke about "one shoe shined absolutely free!" ?  I wonder if half a vasectomy goes at a discount.

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

"trapped in your father's scrotum for eternity"

Anna could add that to her repertoire so that she can do more than Lolly or the holocaust / aborted fetus shtick that she was doing. 

Just reread and was delightfully accurate and snarky [emoji14]
I haven't dived (dove? Dov- ed? I should really be sleeping) into past episodes of the seriously/corners, saving those for a rainy day. The recaps are handy.

4 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Anna could add that to her repertoire so that she can do more than Lolly or the holocaust / aborted fetus shtick that she was doing. 

Down here's we're all trapped in Dad's scrote, Georgie! 

16 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:

Just reread and was delightfully accurate and snarky emoji14.png
I haven't dived (dove? Dov- ed? I should really be sleeping) into past episodes of the seriously/corners, saving those for a rainy day. The recaps are handy.

I think it would be "diveth;" as in "I shall diveth into the unholy waters of said evil writings."  

Or

"Yeah, I doveth into the valley of death that was the writings of the chosen one, Stevehovah." 

Diveth. Doveth. So sayeth we all. Amen. 

I think it would be "diveth;" as in "I shall diveth into the unholy waters of said evil writings."  
Or
"Yeah, I doveth into the valley of death that was the writings of the chosen one, Stevehovah." 
Lol.
Or "I deeveth into the Word of the Almighty".

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Or

Stevehova of the intact testes - can’t forget to mention the status of his reproductive system at every inappropriate moment.

21 hours ago, lilith said:

Stevehova of the intact testes - can’t forget to mention the status of his reproductive system at every inappropriate moment.

Stevovah OTIT?

love that!!!

I am watching the latest video Teri put out - "Help for the Time-Pressured Mom".  

It's the same kinda stuff she's been saying for the last 20 years, but I will say that it is updated and fresh.  And I am very surprised at what an animated, engaged speaker she is visually.  I had only listened to her in the past, not actually watched her.  

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I am watching the latest video Teri put out - "Help for the Time-Pressured Mom".  

It's the same kinda stuff she's been saying for the last 20 years, but I will say that it is updated and fresh.  And I am very surprised at what an animated, engaged speaker she is visually.  I had only listened to her in the past, not actually watched her.  

Could you post a link to that video, please? 

Coward Steve's latest Seriously post.  Are we all insane?  If you looked up insane in the Webster dictionary there would be a picture if Steven Ray Bargar Maxwell next to it.  And he would be a synonym.

Bringing over Steve's Seriously article so we don't get him excited about hits:

ARE YOU INSANE?

This was posted on January 10, 2018 by Steve Maxwell.

Here’s a test: Do you do the same thing over and over and expect or hope for different results? That was Albert Einstein’s definition of insanity.

Scripture admonishes us to change —forsake old ways and embrace new ones.  We are new creatures in Christ. “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Sure old ways die hard. They are comfortable because we are used to them, but where God calls, He enables. “I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called” (Ephesians 4:1).

Given that this family does the same thing over, and over, and over, again ...

Could it be that Steve has decided to loosen the leash on the adult children - or even let go of it altogether?

Could it be that they will take what some would call a vacation in Hawaii next year?

Could it be that they will stop weeping when an adult child gets married?

Could it be that Sarah is getting married?

I wish I thought yes to any of the above.

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Could it be that Steve has decided to loosen the leash on the adult children - or even let go of it altogether?

Aren't all of their children adults?  How old is Jesse?

And I too wish I thought yes to any of the above.  Sadly, I think what Steve means is that it's hard to change to be like them but we should all do it anyway.

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Aren't all of their children adults?  How old is Jesse?

They are all adults.  They are just treated as children until they marry.  I think Jesse is 23.  Mary is the youngest.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived