IGNORED

Maxwell 16: At least one Maxwell got fed for Thanksgiving...

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

As horrid as the Bontragers beliefs are they seem more worldly than the Maxwells would like.  They have FUN!  Some of them have gone to Christian college, the girls wear a little makeup, I think Judgy Chelsy even wrote it's OK for girls to wear pants once in a while.  All no-nos in Maxhell.  Chelsy also seems the type not to take any shit from Coward Steve.  Steve seemed pretty pissed the Bontragers announced the engagement on their blog.  Either Steve didn't want the wedding to take place or was afraid it wouldn't go through so they could keep the broken engagement quiet

I think Steve was pissed that they said something first because he feels as though he has to control everything.  Does anyone know how old Chelsy parents are. I know they are younger then Steve & Teri but I wonder by how much. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sister, Allison Bontrager (who works in HR at the family’s hotel) wrote a LONG blog post a few months ago about the benefit of Christian girls working a job, working hard, and learning to invest money... Chelsy shared the post on her blog and included “I don’t agree with the idea of being a ‘Stay at Home Daughter’”.  

Was this a slight dig at Maxwell girls? I REALLY like Allison Bontrager’s logic! She might be my favorite fundie now!

if anyone else knows any Steve Maxwell/Bontrager drama let me know please lol. I’m going down the rabbit hole now and am new. 

3 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Does anyone know how old Chelsy parents are. I know they are younger then Steve & Teri but I wonder by how much. 

Marlin and Becky are both 51. Steve is 66 and Teri is 62.

23 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Backtracking a little; but I think this is a really nice picture of Christopher's family. It seems rare to see them all so genuinely happy. I feel like we're getting a glimpse of a gentler, more involved Christopher when it comes to his kids. I can't really explain it but something seems a bit different.

IMG_9395.JPG

It is a nice picture, I agree.  I won't even bitch about little Ruthie (I think it's Ruthie) having a baby doll strapped to her chest (Here's your future, little Ruthie), or the half Reversal Anna

23 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Backtracking a little; but I think this is a really nice picture of Christopher's family. It seems rare to see them all so genuinely happy. I feel like we're getting a glimpse of a gentler, more involved Christopher when it comes to his kids. I can't really explain it but something seems a bit different.

IMG_9395.JPG

It is a nice picture, I agree.  I won't even bitch about little Ruthie (I think it's Ruthie) having a baby doll strapped to her chest (Here's your future, little Ruthie), or the half of a Reversal Anna

The sister, Allison Bontrager (who works in HR at the family’s hotel) wrote a LONG blog post a few months ago about the benefit of Christian girls working a job, working hard, and learning to invest money... Chelsy shared the post on her blog and included “I don’t agree with the idea of being a ‘Stay at Home Daughter’”.  

Was this a slight dig at Maxwell girls? I REALLY like Allison Bontrager’s logic! She might be my favorite fundie now!

if anyone else knows any Steve Maxwell/Bontrager drama let me know please lol. I’m going down the rabbit hole now and am new. 
Same! I liked that she also believes (this might have been in the comments) that a father's relationship to his daughter should change as she grows older to be more of a mentor & less of a boss. That seemed to directly contradict the Maxwell model!

I've only started exploring the rabbit hole that are the Maxwells, and they are easily my favorite fundies now (and not only because I'm very familiar with the northeast KS area). 

That said, where are some good places to start learning about Maxhell?

2 hours ago, chris said:

There is a pinned thread at the top of the Maxhell section of FJ that has a good summary that was done recently.

You can also read about the family on their website:   www.titus2.com.  They have a section about the family, and you can peruse their blog.   We often nickname their site "Tits2".

2 hours ago, chris said:

I've only started exploring the rabbit hole that are the Maxwells, and they are easily my favorite fundies now (and not only because I'm very familiar with the northeast KS area). 

The blog goes back over 10 years and all the Moms abs Dads corners are on their website under “articles” - they are a source of much Maxhell lore.

@mango_fandango wrote a great summary which is at the start of this sub forum and there are also countless FJ Maxwell threads, both here and on the old Yuku site. This is a deep and twisting rabbit hole - I don’t know if anyone has ever attempted to read all the Maxwell threads from the beginning to the present - they are one of the most heavily covered families here on FJ.

Also you'll notice that this thread and all the other Maxwell threads are in a subforum of Maxhell.  You can read from the beginning or pick selected threads of interest. 

19 hours ago, chris said:

If you read Keeping Our Children’s Hearts, that’ll give you a good idea what the Maxwells are all about. You can find a used copy on Amazon. It’s chilling. Stephen King ain’t got nuthin’ on Steve Maxwell. 

Any Arkansans in the house?

According to the Events section of their website, the Maxwells will be doing their dog and pony show in Fort Smith, Arkansas on February 23-24.   

So, are we all Energized?

Blimey, I thought they’d abandoned the conferences for good! Maybe they’ll drop in on the Duggars; they haven’t done that for a while. 

I'm glad for the girls that they are doing a conference. Gives them an opportunity to get out and meet people. 

1 hour ago, Elegant Mess said:

Now, now.  That should be Energized!  They will have to think up a new conference name though.  Inspired! was depressing.  Energized! sent people to sleep.  I'm going to suggest Desiring!

They never said they were going to stop the conferences completely.  They were just going to have to stay closer to home after the sad demise of Uriah.  They were positively pleading for invitations.

"We love to share through conferences as the Lord directs." 

Translation: When some poor sucker actually invites us to give the same tired old infomercials for our books yet again. 

On 12/24/2017 at 4:54 PM, SPHASH said:

The only time they do charity is for themselves.  They talk about helping widows but the only widow they help is Gigi.  Oh Goofy Anna and Scary Mary took lunch to a woman at the assisted living home but I wouldn't consider that charity cuz the poor woman was subject to Goofy's cooking.

I was shocked to read that Sarah used to assist Gigi in her work with Meals on Wheels!

3 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

According to the Events section of their website, the Maxwells will be doing their dog and pony show in Fort Smith, Arkansas on February 23-24.   

Oh, for that missed opportunity a few years ago when they brought their road show here to Evil Liberal Connecticut! @sparkles and I thought of going, but she had tickets to an out-of-state barbecue shebang (a worthy event!) and I had rehearsal for The Producers (Shirley Markowitz in the house!) and I think the installation ceremony for my Godless Heathen UU female pastor.  Would have been fun to show up in my nun costume.

After the Connecticut event, which was in a central-Conn. formerly blue-collar but now suburban town (a nice town—my sister and her family and some of my cousins live there, but it isn’t a ritzy one like Westport), the Maxwell account of it basically damned the area and its people with faint praise. Probably too many Catholic churches and too few fundiegelical Bible verse billboards.

10 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

This might explain why they’re not listed as speakers for the IBLP conferences this year, after they presented last year. There was I thinking how impressive it was that they’d managed to alienate enough people not to be invited back after just one year... 

But no, it was probably Steve who pulled the plug after the shame of participating in someone else’s conference was too much for him.

Wow, it doesn't look like they've hosted one of their own conferences since 2015!

I always had the impression Sarah enjoyed the excitement (i.e., something out of the ordinary) of these conferences.

Now that they no longer have the dearly departed Uriah I wonder how they transport the items they sell? 

If they see the Duggars, maybe there's a courtship in the works for JD and one of the girls.

I can dream, right?!

On another note, have we started guessing due dates/names/etc. for Anna Marie's and Elissa's babies? Should there be a new thread? I was thinking today that the name "Calia" came completely out of nowhere (I'd never heard of it!) and maybe they'll go for a Greek theme. I'm thinking Sophia or Theodore. And for Anna Marie I'll guess Samuel or Rebekah.

From the looks of Elissa and Anna Marie at John and Chelsy's wedding, I'd say it's time to get moving on the  due date countdowns and name speculations.  Wouldn't shock me at all if they both delivered in the same week.

I agree that Joe will use the name Joseph if they have a boy. Probably as a middle name. But I really can't decide on a first name. Calia is so out of left field for the Maxwells. Maybe if it's a boy they will go more biblical traditional. But I can't think of anything. 

A girl will have a slightly unique name like Calia.

NRAnna will go with very biblical traditional names. Something like Esther. I guess she could go with Maria since her middle name is Marie. A boy would have a name like David. 

Agree that Joe and Elissa will continue with slightly unusual girl names and if they go with names of Greek origin as they did with Calia, we might see them use Sophia, Helena, Dora, or Thea, especially if they can link the name with some sort of virtue.  A baby boy will definitely have Joseph's name worked in somewhere.

Anna Marie and Christopher will stick with very biblical names.  Looking for a Rachel, Deborah, or Leah if it's a girl; Samuel, Matthew, Jacob, James, if a boy.

One warning.  If anybody starts reading Tits2 you should prepare for a long stay. It is deferentially rabbit hole material as are most of our fundie families. Just take a peek at the Jill Rod area

On 1/5/2018 at 2:09 PM, Elegant Mess said:

FJ road trip.

WTF is up with Stevehovah receiving SIX pairs of shoes for Christmas?

Looks like an idol to me.  :kitty-shifty:

Also reminds me of one of my favorite lines from Angela's Ashes:

"What is it that you don't see Our Lord doing, boys?"

"Hanging on the cross sporting shoes, Sir."

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived