IGNORED

Maxwell 16: At least one Maxwell got fed for Thanksgiving...

samurai_sarah

I got quite a kick at Mary drawing out the family arrangement for the photo. lol. It's an annual thing. They should have it memorized by now.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I got quite a kick at Mary drawing out the family arrangement for the photo. lol. It's an annual thing. They should have it memorized by now.

I feel like this family just loves getting pictures of themselves. We get it. You're the Maxwell family. The Andersons are like this too. It feels to me like they are always going for family pictures but that could be because my own family growing up was never big into family portraits. *shrug* I guess we are all different. 

1 hour ago, catlady said:

looking at that last photo of the "immediate" family, i'm officially joining the camp that thinks Jesse is the most attractive brother; the creepy factor of John's eyes has surpassed his father.  apologies in advance for this, but don't read the watermark unless you have brain bleach handy; the word Titus sort of emphasizes Steve in a way i'd rather not experience. :my_sick:

I can't stop laughing now that I looked at the watermark! It's perfectly cupping his manhood! :kitty-wink:

29 minutes ago, meee said:

Sarah speaks of "when we girls get married" in a comment on the latest post. I thought that was interesting. 

"When we girls are married and likely live out of state" - very interesting. Because it 1) shows that Sarah believes that they will get married, so Steve obviously hasn't been brainwashing them to think that they should stay single forever and, 2) shows that she believes they will marry guys from out of state and go to live with them and again that to me suggests that Steve isn't actively brainwashing them to believe they MUST stay close to home. There is no way Sarah, as indoctrinated as she is, would be saying 'when we marry and live out of state' unless she fully believed that her father was cool with that possibility.

It also makes me wonder if one of them is possibly courting. 'When' and not 'if' would surely seem like testing God if it wasn't a very near likelihood? And there is literally NO reason why these young women wouldn't be able to find partners. All three of them are healthy, attractive young women, and even Sarah has not completely 'aged out' of the potential pool of matches, and their family is very prominent in fundie circles, so they have plenty of exposure to like-minded young men. The only thing stopping them will be pickiness (Steve's and their own. And if it's their own pickiness, I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing.)

Dunno. Just speculation.

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

"When we girls are married and likely live out of state" - very interesting. Because it 1) shows that Sarah believes that they will get married, so Steve obviously hasn't been brainwashing them to think that they should stay single forever and, 2) shows that she believes they will marry guys from out of state and go to live with them and again that to me suggests that Steve isn't actively brainwashing them to believe they MUST stay close to home. There is no way Sarah, as indoctrinated as she is, would be saying 'when we marry and live out of state' unless she fully believed that her father was cool with that possibility.

Have all Maxwell brides come from outside of Kansas?

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Have all Maxwell brides come from outside of Kansas?

I think all except Melanie? I'm sure that's why Sarah's assuming that 'when' they marry they're going to live out of state. But it still does strike me as a pretty interesting/somewhat bold statement to make if there's literally nothing going on in that department for them... Or just wishful thinking on my part, and anyway, God knows what kind of men they'd end up with... they might be better off staying in Maxhell anyway. :\

Losing a bit of weight seems to have made John look a wee bit more like Steve. I still think he is hot. 

I honestly think either Anna or Mary would be a pretty good match for JD Duggar. Sarah is probably a bit old for him. Not sure if Steve has soured on the Duggars after all the scandals, though.

Ok. I just read the day in the life of Sarah Maxwell and Teri's back problems. Fuck! These people are so damn boring and delusional. Steve take Teri to a doctor. 

1 minute ago, Toothfairy said:

I don't see the girls getting married. Why? Stevehovah. Poor Sarah. She's a SAHD

They will never marry. 

Sorry, but people said the exact same thing about the Duggar daughters ('they will never marry'/'Jim Bob won't let his slaves leave') and obviously that did not pan out in reality. Steve is stricter than Jim Bob, but Anna and Mary are still way too young for me to be convinced that he will never let them marry. Time will tell.

6 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I agree, what happened to John? He has so much goo in his hair that it looks like he's wearing a kippah. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 11.22.58 AM.png

No Kippah--just terrible Maxwell photography and/or light on cheap hair jel [my guess]

Isn't there a NR Anna sprog missing?

Why do they have a family portrait with Steve, Teri, and the unmarrieds??? THERE ARE 3 OTHER SIBLINGS. That is fucking weird. Even if all the siblings are married adults, it is normal to do a mom/dad/siblings photo if everyone is there. Their "extended" family definition is ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, PsyD2013 said:

Stevehova has to let one or two of the girls get married.  Three unmarried daughters would be bad for the brand.

You really think he cares? Lol i'll eat my words but he won't let those girls marry.

I think Sarah is a lost cause. But Mary or Anna still have a chance IMO. The problem is that it would have to be a local guy or a guy willing to move close to Maxhell in order to gain Steve's approval. Along with a million other things. That's why I think their chances are so slim. Sure Steve thinks he would allow them to marry. But the list of criteria a male must meet is almost impossible. 

For some reason I just have a feeling that Sarah will end up married eventually, maybe to an older widower, or a guy who's just kind of awkward and shy or maybe just not all that sexual/romantic and hadn't worked up the courage/interest to pursue a relationship until an older age.

(I'm thinking of that older man who married a younger woman - they played piano together and he'd been a family friend for a long time - it creeped people out because I think he looked older than he really was and she looked a lot younger than she actually was - I can't remember their names now, though.) 

I think the interest and willingness is there for her, I'm not convinced yet that Steve is actually against his daughters marrying, and I think she would be a very attractive prospective bride to a guy her own age or older. I also think the type of guy I described would seem less threatening to her and she might feel more comfortable entering a relationship with someone like that than one of these young hot shots.

@singsingsing you are thinking of the Smith daughter who was is in her 30s and married a man in his 60s. I think they make a good couple too but they may not have children due to his age. I hope Sarah would have at least one child if she got married. I think she wants kids. I just think the pool is incredibly small. And it doesn't help that they aren't meeting new people as much anymore.

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

@singsingsing you are thinking of the Smith daughter who was is in her 30s and married a man in his 60s. I think they make a good couple too but they may not have children due to his age. I hope Sarah would have at least one child if she got married. I think she wants kids. I just think the pool is incredibly small. And it doesn't help that they aren't meeting new people as much anymore.

I thought that woman did end up having a baby, though? Maybe not, I haven't really followed them since their marriage. I do hope that Sarah gets to have children if she wants them, but she's also very lucky in that she has a ton of nieces and nephews to love. I know that doesn't make up for not having kids of your own when you want them - but as someone who doesn't want children but who would LOVE nieces and nephews and probably won't get any, I am actually kind of jealous of her in that regard!

No, Amanda and Russell haven't had any pregnancy announcements although it's possible. It just doesn't seem that likely with his age. Maybe they will have just one. They haven't been married that long. But her younger sister who married after her and has a young husband already had a baby. 

3 hours ago, bertnee said:

Why do they have a family portrait with Steve, Teri, and the unmarrieds??? THERE ARE 3 OTHER SIBLINGS. That is fucking weird. Even if all the siblings are married adults, it is normal to do a mom/dad/siblings photo if everyone is there. Their "extended" family definition is ridiculous.

And then captioning it "The Steve and Teri Maxwell Family" as if those married sons are no longer Steve and Teri's offspring... So odd.

DANG! The Maxwell family photo always brings out the very worst in me. 

I had actually marked up the photo with my complaints and corrections, but didn't know if that was appropriate. So...my bitchy observations:

1. Mary came up with a color scheme. Are we supposed to guess what that is? 'Cause I'm lost. 

2. The left side of the photo looks really nice - like Married Anna followed the rules when somebody said "Let's wear burgundy, navy and brown."  Her family looks nicely coordinated. 

3. Is John considered Christopher's brother-son? 'Cause he matches the Christopher family very well and is standing with them like they adopted him late in life. 

4. Could somebody please move poor Ruthie off of her grandfather's lap? She looks miserable.  She should be sitting with her brothers and sister.  Danny looks adorable. 

5. Let's also go ahead and have John move over and stand by Mary and Jesse. He is still an unmarried and should be clustered with Mom and Dad - sorry - Dad and Mom. 

6. PIIIIIIIVVVVV-UHT! If Sarah could just pivot her legs so they point toward her father, that'd be great and we would know she is part of the unmarrieds and not the nanny to Married Anna's children.  

7. Unmarried Anna could also PIIIIIIVVVVV-UHT her legs, carefullly removing Nathan's child from her lap so Christina/Chrissy/Christy/Tina can be grouped with her rightful tribe. 

8. Melanie appears to have finally said "Screw This Shit!" and has no time whatsoever to worry about dressing her family in some vague, scriptural color coordinated combo for yet another picture in the Garden of Steven. I can't begin to guess the color plan when looking at the Nathan Maxwell family.  

9. InvisElissa needs to relax her grip on Joseph's arm. He is not going to float away; I'm pretty sure his smugness weighs him down nicely. Also, her hair looks fantastic! 

10. It's a Plaid Plaid Plaid Plaid Plaid Plaid World out there and The Steve Maxwell Family is here too prove it. 

I think Calia's outfit is kind of random for family pictures too. Maybe its just me but Im offended for Chelsea that she was left out. Shes marrying into the family in less than a month ffs and they go on like she doesnt exist and try to portray John like hes still part of the "immediate family" when he aint.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived