IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel- Part 6: Wielder of Words

samurai_sarah

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else ever notice she does the exact same pose over and over in front of waterfalls? She's arms up and wide, facing the falls, back to the camera. She's got at least six such pictures up from the last few months.

OK, I've been scrolling through trying to catch up with Miss R.  I think she is getting worse, if that is possible.

So, is it true that:

1. She is about to set off to Peru again to pester vulnerable youth?  And is this under the auspices of Scripture Union again or is she going independently?
  2. She is either volunteering or has a paid job working with troubled youth in PNW and is posting photographs of them on Instagram? 

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

She is about to set off to Peru again to pester vulnerable youth?  And is this under the auspices of Scripture Union again or is she going independently?

1.She is being more vague this time around, but since she mentioned during this past year she wanted to go back to the Peru boys home in December or January, so I have a strong suspicion yes, it is with Scripture Union. 

2. She has a paid job working a Boys and Girls Club. She posted pictures of some of the students cuddled with her on her Instagram story, which I can't see because I don't have Instagram. She also wrote a whole blog post about one of the children. 

The relationship with the guy who had the puppy ended fast, so at least no animals are around her at the moment. She says that she wants to specifically work with sexually abused youth, which is the last thing this world needs. She hasn't mentioned college since that one paper get to know you paper that got a good grade. 

Thanks.  Probably she flunked out of college because it was too hard.  That isn't good news about Peru or the Boys and Girls Club.  She is the last person who should be working with sexually abused youth.

I saw the blog post - I thought it was general enough not to be breaking confidentiality but I REALLY don't think it was a good idea. 

That said, posting photos of clients on Instagram should be a complete no-no.  I can't see the ones people are talking about* but Instagram stories are only temporary, IIRC

With Raquel, breaching confidentiality could just be a matter of time.  She does not get boundaries.  At all.  Raquel is another narcissistic accident waiting to happen.  I do think she is getting worse.

*@formergothardite, FYI, I can see the rest of her public photos and I'm not on Instagram either.    https://www.instagram.com/itsjustraquel/

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I can't see the ones people are talking about* but Instagram stories are only temporary, IIRC

I can see the regular ones, but not the Instagram stories. The pictures she posted of children were in that. 

I do think she is getting worse, probably because she isn't suffering any consequences. I hope she is just going back to Peru to see her relatives, but I strongly suspect it is for the boys home. She might have learned the lesson to keep inappropriate pictures private so she is less likely to be reported. 

7 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

OK, I've been scrolling through trying to catch up with Miss R.  I think she is getting worse, if that is possible.

So, is it true that:

1. She is about to set off to Peru again to pester vulnerable youth?  And is this under the auspices of Scripture Union again or is she going independently?
  2. She is either volunteering or has a paid job working with troubled youth in PNW and is posting photographs of them on Instagram? 

Thanks in advance.

Unsure about the exact details of her trip on 1. but 2. is correct. She does it somewhat on the sly by posting them to her story (they expire after 24 hrs) and not as real posts, but the kids are just as exposed.

11 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Thanks.  Probably she flunked out of college because it was too hard.  

Or because she has a mediocre vocabulary and has difficulty distinguishing between verbs and adjectives.  I graduated with a writing major from a very, very good Canadian university.  Raquel would have struggled in the program, not just because of her middling language skills, but also because she's arrogant.  Raquel-types don't improve.  She believes she is a great writer.  She was great - at fifteen.  As a college freshman with the same skills she had at fifteen?  Not so much.  

O.M.G. Raquel's self-published "book" has the page up at Amazon, though you can't buy it yet. The description is just.... Well, see for yourself.

A collection of poems written over the first two years of a young author's life, when she first discovered that writing poetry was her destiny.

This is... I honestly don't know what to say. It's like a crazy self-parody, but you know she's completely serious.

Raquel is a creep and a predator.  Do I think she MEANS to be predatory?  No.  But she specifically seeks out young men who are incredibly vulnerable, places herself in a position of trust and power over them, and then leverages that to encourage them to engage in inappropriate behavior, knowing that they probably do not have an adult support system that will step in to confront her.  

If she were a man instead of a pretty, young woman, a spade would be called a spade.  I'm no longer willing to excuse Raquel.  She's going to hurt someone deeply, and she needs to be stopped.  This is not OK.

Also, as we are now on Part 6, FJ has officially written more about Raquel's second novel than she has.  Glad to see you all have embraced your DESTINY.

7 minutes ago, xRoo said:

I mean, I couldnt wrote poems in the first two years of my life. Thats for sure. Impressed.

I understand what she is trying to say, but damn that is a poorly written sentence. 

Her about me on Amazon

Raquel Z. Duarte is a twenty-something year young human, born and raised in the beautiful state of Oregon, where she still currently lives and loves every second of the bipolar weather that others complain about. She’s a firm believer that a mug of hot tea (preferably matcha), reading a good book or journaling, and a cozy blanket can cure just about anything. When she’s not working as a broista at Dutch Bros in Portland or at the Boys & Girls Club, she can be found writing, worshipping, and chasing waterfalls. Sometimes all at the same time.

I want to see her write while chasing a waterfall.

Are they really called broistas?!

Someone needs to explain to her how wrong it is to use bipolar as an adjective.

one of the dumbest things ever...like...no, not a thing dutch bros :pb_rollseyes:

broista

n. The word broista is derived from the Italian word barista which can be defined as a professional who is highly skilled in coffee preparation, with a comprehensive understanding of coffee, coffee blends, espresso, coffee equipment, maintenance, latte art, whipped cream, etc.

Since most Starbucks employees are female, barista is assumed to be feminine in nature. Thus Broista is derived to describe the rare male employee.

3 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

I don't know what she means. The first two years of her adult life? Or poems about her first 2 years of life? 

The poems were written during the two years that followed her realizing that writing poetry was her DESTINY. At least that is my impression. She sucks at wielding words. And writing poetry. 

I too realized that writing poetry

was my destiny

when it dawned on me 

that writing novels is hard

I wonder how much of her book is plagiarized. Half her instagram captions are lyrics she's lifted from someone else, and didn't she steal a poem from Maya Angelou and pass it off as her own?

She also stole from a country song and a lot of her "poetry" was taken from things she pinned on Pinterest. 

Raquel has never seemed to grasp the concept of plagiarism. 

Archived