Jump to content
IGNORED

Dillards 46: Now with Pants and a Possible Nose Piercing


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

Wow, I thought I'd see Jinger with a nose-ring way before Jill. 

The pants and nose stud are definitely significant. It probably doesn't translate into her core beliefs, but it does show a willingness to diverge slightly from the norm. I really think it has to do with them spending more time at Cross Church than their fundie-home church. The evolution of the Duggar fundieness is very interesting to me.

Remember when Michelle was talking about all those goth kids with piercings flocking together in public? And how their image wasn't wholesome? 

Strangely enough, I think Jessa and Joy are the most modest. And this is speculation, but I think it has to do with an insecurity of their looks. 

  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it make an interesting story if Jill was the first to break free?  I think that would mean she would have to leave Derick behind as he seems very committed to his bigoted religious beliefs.  But that aside,  That would be an interesting twist to the duggar saga. 

And, yes, I doubt this would ever happen and I don't in general take divorce at all lightly, but it would make compelling TV.  Who better than Jill to know the full secrets of Duggarville?  She is old enough to remember life before money from the show.  She remembers having to hide in the bathroom to eat,  and she likely remembers extreme discipline used by her parents.  And I think outside of Josh,  she is the only other adult Duggar who might have experienced the disappointment of the reality of their upbringing.  She was the goody goody and no doubt believed she would have this perfect Christian life, only to be matched with a husband who seems to be perpetually restless,  difficult childbirths, that may curtail her plans for a huge family, etc. 

It isn't hard to believe she may be experiencing some severe cognitive dissonance.  If she has any innate intelligence at all, she has to have some pings deep in her mind that the bill of goods she was sold, don't seem to be coming to fruition. 

Jessa has far less motivation to challenge her belief system.  She is in good standing with her parents, she seems to have a pretty stable marriage, she doesn't seem to have financial concerns, and she has risen to a position of power in the family structure, as a result of her popularity with the fans and her openness to living via social media and the show. Ginger has clearly re-evaluated some of her upbringing, but as a fan favorite she hasn't openly capitalized on that momemtum to openly disagree with her parents are essential values. 

This  isn't to say Jessa and Jinger won't move away from their parent's core beliefs on their own at some point, but it seems they have a pretty cushy lives, and in general seem outwardly more 'together' and content, where as Jill has openly appeared stressed and fearful.

 

All of this is speculation.  And in truth, No, I don't really think Jill is likely to have a significant change in her beliefs, but boy, that would sure be fun if she did. 

 

  • Upvote 26
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, calimojo said:

Wouldn't it make an interesting story if Jill was the first to break free?  I think that would mean she would have to leave Derick behind as he seems very committed to his bigoted religious beliefs.  But that aside,  That would be an interesting twist to the duggar saga. 

And, yes, I doubt this would ever happen and I don't in general take divorce at all lightly, but it would make compelling TV.  Who better than Jill to know the full secrets of Duggarville?  She is old enough to remember life before money from the show.  She remembers having to hide in the bathroom to eat,  and she likely remembers extreme discipline used by her parents.  And I think outside of Josh,  she is the only other adult Duggar who might have experienced the disappointment of the reality of their upbringing.  She was the goody goody and no doubt believed she would have this perfect Christian life, only to be matched with a husband who seems to be perpetually restless,  difficult childbirths, that may curtail her plans for a huge family, etc. 

It isn't hard to believe she may be experiencing some severe cognitive dissonance.  If she has any innate intelligence at all, she has to have some pings deep in her mind that the bill of goods she was sold, don't seem to be coming to fruition. 

Jessa has far less motivation to challenge her belief system.  She is in good standing with her parents, she seems to have a pretty stable marriage, she doesn't seem to have financial concerns, and she has risen to a position of power in the family structure, as a result of her popularity with the fans and her openness to living via social media and the show. Ginger has clearly re-evaluated some of her upbringing, but as a fan favorite she hasn't openly capitalized on that momemtum to openly disagree with her parents are essential values. 

This  isn't to say Jessa and Jinger won't move away from their parent's core beliefs on their own at some point, but it seems they have a pretty cushy lives, and in general seem outwardly more 'together' and content, where as Jill has openly appeared stressed and fearful.

 

All of this is speculation.  And in truth, No, I don't really think Jill is likely to have a significant change in her beliefs, but boy, that would sure be fun if she did. 

 

She seems very close to Jim Bob. I can't see her breaking free from him. It would be very interesting if she ever did.

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I could see Jessa being the next one to join the pants train. She's brand-conscious, and I'm sure that she's watching her two good friends (Kristen and Sierra) prancing around in pants, and now her sisters are doing it. I'm sure that she'd start to think "hmm, pants get a good response and make me even more relatable". Joy will take longer, if she ever does. Jana is too stuck at the TTH, though JB might start mandating pants as image rehab and then she'll get her jeans.

  • Upvote 12
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Meh, she's probably just exaggerating the facial expressions to get a reaction out of the baby.  

It didn’t work. 

Samuel looks mortified.:pb_lol:

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I could see Jessa being the next one to join the pants train. She's brand-conscious, and I'm sure that she's watching her two good friends (Kristen and Sierra) prancing around in pants, and now her sisters are doing it. I'm sure that she'd start to think "hmm, pants get a good response and make me even more relatable". Joy will take longer, if she ever does. Jana is too stuck at the TTH, though JB might start mandating pants as image rehab and then she'll get her jeans.

I follow her friend Kristen on IG and she is a very interesting fundie light. She was a cheerleader, she listens to popular music, she just posted a story about watching Christmas Vacation. It seems like the only thing she has in common with Jessa is loving Jesus and tacos.

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's funny because I always pictured Joy as being the first one to wear pants and chop off her hair. I never guessed she'd turn out to be such a doormat for Austin. 

The new change in look is surprising to me for Jill, but I honestly rank her and Derick right up there with Joshley and Jim Boob in terms of being moronic, disgusting individuals. It's sad that some kid might end up fooled and brought into a cult by them now without the usual red flags*

*Not that wearing a skirt is a red flag per say, I wear them all the time, but they looked fundie.

  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's definitely a nose ring, haha. Sorry but if that's a zit, then I'm jealous of Jill's zits. 

I have 6 piercings and more tattoos, and I gotta say, what interests me most is where Jill had that done. I'm suspecting it wasn't a Claire's or mall stand just because it's healing so well, no redness or apparent scarring happening. Plus, I think it's unusual for them to pierce anything besides earlobe and cartilage.

So, did Jill go to a piercing and/or tattoo shop? Some are a lot tamer than others, but I've never seen one where the staff are the same types as like... church reception desk staff. I've never met anyone who's so into body mod that they're a professional, who also happens to be "modest" in gothardite terms. So, I'm interested in hearing about Jill interacting with that part of "the world."

Maybe it's finally an interesting Counting On plotline. Although I'm more inclined to think the opposite... Jill could be stepping away from the Duggar-shitty brand a bit more, and be freer to adjust to the Crosschurch-shitty brand. She'd have to really disagree with her husband's behavior to get much more respect from me on the beliefs front.

  • Upvote 22
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My DD is firmly Team Piercing, based on the People Mag article.

Admittedly, I've been viewing the pictures on my phone, should really go to the laptop for this.

Way to go Jill, this stunt was very effective in creating a distraction from your husband's bullshit.

http://people.com/style/jill-duggar-dillard-nose-piercing/

I didn't see this posted, sorry for any duplication.

  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

That's definitely a nose ring, haha. Sorry but if that's a zit, then I'm jealous of Jill's zits. 

I have 6 piercings and more tattoos, and I gotta say, what interests me most is where Jill had that done. I'm suspecting it wasn't a Claire's or mall stand just because it's healing so well, no redness or apparent scarring happening. Plus, I think it's unusual for them to pierce anything besides earlobe and cartilage.

So, did Jill go to a piercing and/or tattoo shop? Some are a lot tamer than others, but I've never seen one where the staff are the same types as like... church reception desk staff. I've never met anyone who's so into body mod that they're a professional, who also happens to be "modest" in gothardite terms. So, I'm interested in hearing about Jill interacting with that part of "the world."

Maybe it's finally an interesting Counting On plotline. Although I'm more inclined to think the opposite... Jill could be stepping away from the Duggar-shitty brand a bit more, and be freer to adjust to the Crosschurch-shitty brand. She'd have to really disagree with her husband's behavior to get much more respect from me on the beliefs front.

If she went to a real piercing and tattoo shop I would have payed to be there and see what she did. I really can't picture a Duggar in a place like that. Not that I am against such places myself but with their narrow scope that would be interesting.

I hope this is a positive step in her development and that she might be identifying more with the other women around her that could help and support her in her struggles and that she is not left with just Derrick or her own family. Even if they are fundie too they are at least different people who might offer more perspectives. I do think that Derrick isn't really as bad as he seems "for real" and that he might suffer from some type of mental unhealth of some kind. I have lived with a husband with depression and there are just so many things that seem familiar among other things doing things to sabotage his own image and chances in life. If my husband did twitter I could see him saying stuff he shouldn't have done during that period. Thankfully my own husband is better now and I hope Derrick will be too.

I like the nose ring, it is really cute on her.

  • Upvote 9
  • Love 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It's funny because I always pictured Joy as being the first one to wear pants and chop off her hair. I never guessed she'd turn out to be such a doormat for Austin. 

The new change in look is surprising to me for Jill, but I honestly rank her and Derick right up there with Joshley and Jim Boob in terms of being moronic, disgusting individuals. It's sad that some kid might end up fooled and brought into a cult by them now without the usual red flags*

*Not that wearing a skirt is a red flag per say, I wear them all the time, but they looked fundie.

We don't know she isn't wearing pants, we only see a picture here and there of her, there was a pic from Switzerland where she is wearing pants, and I think a jacket tied around her waist.  I can see her cutting her hair off after the baby comes, Austin's mom and sister have much much shorter hair. Though long hair is nice with a baby a messy bun & or ponytail are easy out of the say styles to do quickly while dealing with an infant.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't Jana buy a tattoo parlor? Maybe free piercings was part of the deal?

Someone mentioned earlier about Joy being a doormat for Austin, give her time. She's still so very young, I think in 5 -7 years she will be so very different from where she is now. 

  • Upvote 18
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Meh, she's probably just exaggerating the facial expressions to get a reaction out of the baby.  

Nah, she did that face long before she had kids. 

  • Upvote 17
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NakedKnees said:

That's definitely a nose ring, haha. Sorry but if that's a zit, then I'm jealous of Jill's zits. 

I have 6 piercings and more tattoos, and I gotta say, what interests me most is where Jill had that done. I'm suspecting it wasn't a Claire's or mall stand just because it's healing so well, no redness or apparent scarring happening. Plus, I think it's unusual for them to pierce anything besides earlobe and cartilage.

So, did Jill go to a piercing and/or tattoo shop? Some are a lot tamer than others, but I've never seen one where the staff are the same types as like... church reception desk staff. I've never met anyone who's so into body mod that they're a professional, who also happens to be "modest" in gothardite terms. So, I'm interested in hearing about Jill interacting with that part of "the world."

Maybe it's finally an interesting Counting On plotline. Although I'm more inclined to think the opposite... Jill could be stepping away from the Duggar-shitty brand a bit more, and be freer to adjust to the Crosschurch-shitty brand. She'd have to really disagree with her husband's behavior to get much more respect from me on the beliefs front.

I imagine there are Christian leaning tattoo/piercing parlors near them. There is a segment of the body mod community that are very religious. I’d bet they met someone or heard of someone who runs a Christian establisment, whatever that means. And even if not Christian, I’ve been to some parlors that are totally indistinguishable from a dentist’s office inside. They come in many shapes and flavors. They’re not all punk rock all the time. Still, good for her for stepping slightly outside her comfort zone and interacting with people who may not adhere to her parents standards of modesty.

ETA: I just realized how she might have justified it to her parents! It draws attention to her countenance! Isn’t that what they think all fashion should do? Lol This draws more attention to her countenance than any frumper ever would. 

Edited by Hashtag Blessed
  • Upvote 17
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A part of me is like, Go Jill! and the other part feels like Jill is having a mid-life crisis. To clarify- I truly feel like Jill envisioned her life as a missionary. She met and married a man whom she probably thought would give her that life. They tried to make it work for several years, but failed. Her husband then went crazy and got them kicked off their show. Girl doesn't know what to do with herself. So she bought herself some pants and a nose ring. As we start seeing it more frequently, I am sure it will feel more normal to the rest of us, but right now it almost feels like a grab for attention. Maybe not though. Maybe this was the true Jill bottled up inside all the time.

All I know is I SOOOOO want to be a fly on the wall in the TTH. Michelle and JB must be wondering where they went wrong with all their kids. :pb_lol:

  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

A part of me is like, Go Jill! and the other part feels like Jill is having a mid-life crisis. To clarify- I truly feel like Jill envisioned her life as a missionary. She met and married a man whom she probably thought would give her that life. They tried to make it work for several years, but failed. Her husband then went crazy and got them kicked off their show. Girl doesn't know what to do with herself. So she bought herself some pants and a nose ring. As we start seeing it more frequently, I am sure it will feel more normal to the rest of us, but right now it almost feels like a grab for attention. Maybe not though. Maybe this was the true Jill bottled up inside all the time.

All I know is I SOOOOO want to be a fly on the wall in the TTH. Michelle and JB must be wondering where they went wrong with all their kids. :pb_lol:

They should ask us where they went wrong with their kids. 

  • Upvote 28
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Derick won't be shown in Counting On, but Jill and the children could still be shown. There are lots of weddings and new babies which could include her without him. Yawn. :562479a9d021a_Titanicyawn:

  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Derick won't be shown in Counting On, but Jill and the children could still be shown. There are lots of weddings and new babies which could include her without him. Yawn. :562479a9d021a_Titanicyawn:

Jilly must be there to deliver her 1st grandbaby.

9 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Next I wanna see Durrick with one of those hideous baby Jesus tats across his chest. 

I don't.  I don't want to see his chest, I'm thanking GOD and Rufus that they have modesty standards to save me from seeing that.

  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, crazysnark said:

Poor Jill is going through that awkward stage Jinger did when she started wearing jeans. The jeans in that pic at thanksgiving are about 2 sizes too big. 

I know many are not Jill fans because as a teen/young adult Jill seemed to be Smugger Duggar 2.0, but I have a really soft spot for Jill. She is one of those people who had so much confidence, likely based on JB's words and overt favoritism, and RL has smacked her right upside the head. Now, it appears that if she is not misstepping, she isn't stepping at all. It's almost as if she can not be who she really wants to be. I also feel bad that DD and JD were not able to use BC and run the planet, money permitting, to try to define who they really are and what they to be. These 2 present as uncomfortable being parents, like this is not what they want to do with their lives. Jill, in particular, seems like she is slowly finding out that maybe JB was blowing smoke...and maybe she was not meant to have 19 kids and counting. In a way, I think her difficult births and need for c-sections will control the Dillards family size, which  I think will work in D and J's favor in the long run.

I think the Dillards could be that really active, outdoorsy, bohemian family with 2 little boys. A family that travels, lives in a tiny house- both parents working PT.

Jill is somewhat similar to Jinger- just a little different than your average Duggar. Jinger has identified the differences and trusted herself to make a few changes. Jill has continued to wallow.

I hope Jill makes the leap. Jinger is doing Jinger...Jill needs to do Jill....jeans, nose ring, smaller family, perhaps, a PT job and outside education for the kids.

JB has too many other people to be concerned with. Plus, he is getting older. JB's noose and influence will loosen and fall away.

 

  • Upvote 41
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

My DD is firmly Team Piercing, based on the People Mag article.

Admittedly, I've been viewing the pictures on my phone, should really go to the laptop for this.

Way to go Jill, this stunt was very effective in creating a distraction from your husband's bullshit.

http://people.com/style/jill-duggar-dillard-nose-piercing/

I didn't see this posted, sorry for any duplication.

I am so sad that this is "national news", y'all. 

  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

I am so sad that this is "national news", y'all. 

$$$$$$$-

Kids need to eat and have Pampers and Pull-ups.

  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Next I wanna see Durrick with one of those hideous baby Jesus tats across his chest. 

Oh god, no.  I dont ever want to see his scrawny chest!

I'm really surprised at both Jill and Jinger breaking the mold and wearing pants.  The Duggars made such a stink about homeskooling kidz and dressing in a certain way.  The girls themselves (I think it was jinger) said they can do anything in a skirt.  All this evolution is further proof that all their sheltering was a sham.  I can only hope that Jana has the freedom to wear what she wants before she's sold off.

  • Upvote 17
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely a nose ring. It’s not a rebellion; the Bible lists nose rings in examples of beautification. And it’s not unheard of for fundie gals to get them: Kelly BB, Jasmine BH, Esther ZL, Lauren Z. I doubt JB and Michelle are wringing their hands over it. They might not love it, but that’s a fairly normal parental reaction. 

  • Upvote 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • samurai_sarah locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.