IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin: Skinny for Jesus

nausicaa

On 5/16/2018 at 2:49 PM, Walking Cat Bed said:

I got Wendy's for lunch. :D

I love Wendy's chili, and enjoy it over the baked potato (cheap lunch) or the the 1/2 taco salad, where you just pour the chili over the salad. 

We do stop in at Dairy Queen when travelling in Texas; there is one in every little town. It has to be a teeny tiny little town to not have a DQ.  Anyway, I used to get a small chocolate Blizzard for my treat until they started posting calorie counts.  Here's some "nutritional" information. A small Firework Oreo Blizzard is 660 calories, 25 grams of fat, one gram of trans fats, 50 mg of cholesterol, 300 mg of sodium, 78 grams (7 teaspoons) of sugar.  

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for the lifetime movie about Gwen and her daughter. Although, it's almost too bizarre to be a believable TV movie.

I had no idea who Joe Lara was and had to look him up. Damn! He was a beefcake in the '90s. I was thinking to myself, how the hell did Gwen land this guy?! Then I saw a current picture of Joe and he just looks average now but he seems to have the over-religious crazy eye on the Remnant Fellowship website. I'm sure he loves her tax shelter with all his heart.

But now she has a husband she doesn't have to hide in the basement or wherever she was keeping him. Those old beefcake photos will come in handy for cult marketing.

Y'all, this wedding is going to be ridiculous. Every wedding in this church is over-the-top showy, and Gwen's will have to be the most! I hope they post video of the ceremony on YouTube.

1 hour ago, JesusPony said:

But now she has a husband she doesn't have to hide in the basement or wherever she was keeping him. Those old beefcake photos will come in handy for cult marketing.

Y'all, this wedding is going to be ridiculous. Every wedding in this church is over-the-top showy, and Gwen's will have to be the most! I hope they post video of the ceremony on YouTube.

I’m looking forward to copious amounts of grade A snark material. 

I was included in a conversation last night with a few other people that are ex-remanant that I had not met yet. What I came out with was even more disturbing. Its seriously not even about the theology anymore.  My daughter was 17 when this started and we threatened statutory rape against the boy but a friend from law enforcement said it wouldn't go anywhere. She moved out the day we had her meet with an exmember who straight up acknowledged that they made up the story about how the boy died(that he had a disease that made him bruise). I've had 2 exmembers say that same thing. That this excuse about the disease was a cover to conceal what really happened. Their "prison ministry" I believe is run by the parents of this murdered boy from the inside. I appreciate everyones support. What I really want is to just try to keep this from happening to anyone else. She has lived with 2 different families now. How that's better than her own home, is beyond me. 

10 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I am stunned by just how unhealthy that food plan is. No fruit, barely any vegetables (and aren't onion rings deep fried? Or are they something different to what I am thinking of?) and then Hershey kisses (I had to look them up). I wouldn't last 24 hours on that plan, I would go insane. Also I can see why she might need a wig, I can't imagine her hair is in good shape.

Wait, what?? She's divorced?! How did I miss this?

My thought is that the limited food is a way to control her followers.  Especially a younger girl like this.

10 hours ago, Howl said:

I love Wendy's chili, and enjoy it over the baked potato (cheap lunch) or the the 1/2 taco salad, where you just pour the chili over the salad. 

We do stop in at Dairy Queen when travelling in Texas; there is one in every little town. It has to be a teeny tiny little town to not have a DQ.  Anyway, I used to get a small chocolate Blizzard for my treat until they started posting calorie counts.  Here's some "nutritional" information. A small Firework Oreo Blizzard is 660 calories, 25 grams of fat, one gram of trans fats, 50 mg of cholesterol, 300 mg of sodium, 78 grams (7 teaspoons) of sugar.  

No, calories do not exist if you are on vacation!  They are like broken cookies - the calories all fall out.  DQ is very popular in most parts of Texas.

Dinner tonight was chicken breast baked with a little cajun seasoning, then we had it as sandwiches on wheat rolls.

@SJWaterford first let me say how sorry I am that you're going through this situation. It must be terrifying. I sincerely hope that your daughter will see this cult for what it actually is. 

Even after reading about Gwen and her "church" extensively, I wasn't aware that a child had died. Can you elaborate on it? If you're not comfortable or if I've overstepped I apologize. Please feel free to ignore the question.

The child's beating death was a national story when it happened. The church glossed over it and continued to support the parents. It was discussed early in this thread. I think are some links, but I'm on mobile right now and it's hard to navigate back.

That sheet with the food on it is a sample food log/journal. So it's not actually a meal plan, though I can see how some might take it as such, especially a young girl. Just that the church requires girls to journal their food like that is needed up enough. I can't imagine any teen girls coming out of that without some serious food vs God issues. 

@SJWaterford I am very sorry to hear that your young daughter is caught up in this cult, it breaks my heart. 

5 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

http://www.childrenshealthcare.org/PDF Files/2007-01finallayout.pdf

This is an article about the boy that died. 

(from the photo in the article)

Did your mom ever say that you only have one chance to make a good first impression?  Well, Gwen's mom sure didn't.  Good God, her hair is worse than Kathryn Morris' on Cold Case.  And that's saying something.

On 7/15/2018 at 4:57 PM, SJWaterford said:

Gwens divorce was final June 21, 2018 and she got engaged to former Tarzan Joe Lara on June 23, 2018. Their wedding from what I hear is on August 18. 

This place is beyond evil. I've lost my teenage daughter to them and there are so many more of us out there. Someday I'll write a book, I have emails, texts, audio from the fight we've been fighting the last year and a half against them. They twist the truth for their own benefit. Joe Lara's house was purchased by a non-profit LLC with the same address as the church and weighdown offices. Wonder if this violates anything in their nonprofit status? Wonder if a church member questioning my daughter about what medications I am on violates any HIPPAA policies? Wonder if them sharing the costs of the weddings(what my daughter told me) violates anything in their nonprofit status? I wonder who eats the cost of Gwen's wedding? 

Welcome to FJ!  I'm so sorry to hear your daughter got mixed up with these evil, crazy people :(

Speaking from personal experience, it's very easy to research what rules there are for non-profit organizations if you know their exact designation, which I assume is easy enough to find for a "church."

If you carefully comb through those rules and find violations, the IRS takes that stuff VERY seriously and will act on information they receive.   I reported an organization that was violating the rules of their designation after I alerted them to the violation and they did nothing to correct their behavior.

I called the IRS number I found online and gave them a run down on what was happening and what proof I had.  They took the information (which I could have given them anonymously, but I did give them my name and address because I didn't gaf if the organization knew and I wanted the letter they said they would send.    It took a while, but several months later I did get a letter that they had initiated an investigation.

I know they acted on the information because the organization changed the rules to come into compliance shortly thereafter.

On 7/15/2018 at 8:43 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

And supper is only "several bites" of the foods listed. :(

How is that enough food to sustain a human body long term?   I feel like there is going to be a lot of secret eating/purging going on.  There is no way a woman of childbearing years is going to be able to even get pregnant at the weight that kind of eating would keep you at.

Lori would love this woman, she's even more disordered about food than Lori is and that's saying something.

Curious as to what the teachings are in this cult relative to divorce--at least before Gwen got divorced.  Divorce and instant remarriage are probably a sacrament now.

"Divorce and instant remarriage are probably a sacrament now."

It appears to be so. This weekend, there was a hush-rush marriage of a girl who just got divorced in January. She was married for a year to the son of a church leader who returned to his alternative lifestyle. Poor thing is an old maid of 25 and doesn't have five children yet.

The divorce settlement is crazy. She may not take a salary(because she donated Weighdown to the church) but she's very wealthy. She even controls the weddings. I heard that the bride gets to choose the colors and stuff but then it's all taken over and most is funded by the church or done by the members. You can read the testimonies of the soon to be husband and wives and every single one gives glory to Gwen, the one they actually worship. 

4 hours ago, sajetime said:

This weekend, there was a hush-rush marriage of a girl who just got divorced in January. She was married for a year to the son of a church leader who returned to his alternative lifestyle.

Hush -rush because she's pregnant?  And by alternative lifestyle, do we mean he's gay?.  Because I'm 2857% sure that is soooooo not allowed in the Remnant.

Whatever his lifestyle, I hope he got out, stays out and spills the beans to the whole world.  Love to know who is divorced couple is.

I saw that Gwen’s divorce and engagement were listed on her Wikipedia page yesterday morning.

this afternoon, I checked. It was gone. Is she going to announce her engagement?

I saw that too. It initially said divorced 2017 which wasn't true, then I noticed it said divorced June 21, 2018 and engaged June 23, 2018 and then it was back to the 2017 date and then it was down. Sounds like someone was trying to hold them accountable to the truth and they got tired of it and just deleted all of it about her love life. 

Didn’t she post a Father’s Day or anniversary post on IG earlier this year? So they haven’t been divorced for that long.

10 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

Divorced couple is Langsdon- married 9/17/2016   via court records their divorce was final March 15, 2018 and she remarried supposedly according to a previous post this past weekend. 

http://remnantfellowshipweddings.com/langsdon-collins-wedding/

What I believe to be the wedding. 

So I clicked through to their Amazon registry. There was a freaking deep fat fryer on it! It had two baskets -- is this so they can fry one onion ring in each basket for supper? I really don't understand.

On 7/16/2018 at 6:21 PM, SJWaterford said:

http://www.childrenshealthcare.org/PDF Files/2007-01finallayout.pdf

This is an article about the boy that died. 

Poor baby died alone and afraid. 

In case anyone is interested, there are several other articles about both abuse due to faith and withholding medical treatment at the link (all on the same page). Autism is mentioned a disturbing number of times. 

Every single story in the "upcoming weddings" section smacks of arranged marriage. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived