IGNORED

Christendom’s Most Eligible Bachelor: Traditional Catholic Looking for Wife Blog

Cleopatra7

Okay, so I scrolled through all his posts, and read about half of them.  It really wasn't difficult, since they were either about people he hates (Pope Francis, the archbishop of Boston, immigrants, his family), awesome Latin Mass stuff, and his single status.  I was hoping his blog started when he rejected his more mainstream Catholic community, and exactly why he decided to go more old school.  But that happened in the fall of 2009, and according to his LinkedIn page, he graduated from high school in 2009, and he started his blog in 2011.  So at eighteen he had a drastic change in his beliefs?  He calls his family pagan, complains about public schools (even though he went to public school), and thinks the perfect girl will just sit next to him at church (preferably one named Jillian, because Jillians are smart, sexy, and cute -- his words).

• Upvote 5

I'm confused. He's looking for a woman between the ages of 18 and 23 who is an architect? According to this, it takes at the very minimum eight years to become an architect, with the average time being 11 years. So unless she started college as a pre-teen, there isn't a woman out there who is 23 and an architect. Let alone 18.

Barring that, he wants his prospective wife to give up her high-flying career as a 23-year old architecture prodigy (that she's been studying for since she was 12) to sit in his 10 x 10 foot cell and not use birth control and give birth to baby after baby while he doesn't work either?

Also, apparently Irish girls aren't Catholic enough. Okay buddy. :?

http://www.acsa-arch.org/resources/data-resources/how-long

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm confused. He's looking for a woman between the ages of 18 and 23 who is an architect?

Yes, and he hates the law that requires a professional degree.  My impression is that he is studying drafting and thinks he could pass the professional exam with that background, because who needs to study architecture to be an architect? Uh, besides his future wife. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm confused. He's looking for a woman between the ages of 18 and 23 who is an architect? According to this, it takes at the very minimum eight years to become an architect, with the average time being 11 years. So unless she started college as a pre-teen, there isn't a woman out there who is 23 and an architect. Let alone 18.

Barring that, he wants his prospective wife to give up her high-flying career as a 23-year old architecture prodigy (that she's been studying for since she was 12) to sit in his 10 x 10 foot cell and not use birth control and give birth to baby after baby while he doesn't work either?

I'm assuming he's imagining some kind of architectural craft business as per the distributist ideal that is so popular among traditionalists:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributism

The problem is that you can't run a modern architectural firm along distributist lines. The underlying assumption of distributism is that businesses are being run sort of like a medieval craft shop, where the master craftsman teaches and houses his apprentices and journeymen under his patriarchal authority in exchange for teaching them their art (the missus also works in the workshop, presumably as a bookkeeper or something similar and as housemother to the student craftsmen). Perhaps Whittle thinks that maybe he could get apprenticed to an architect and bypass the normal educational and licensing requirements, even though that's not how it works these days.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Did anyone read his sample constitutional amendments? The very first one is "no human embryo... should be tampered with..."

Hey, dummy, that amendment would prohibit first-trimester abortions only, since the woman's carrying an embryo first, which then becomes a fetus. If you meant fetus, then not only did you just allow first-trimester abortions implicitly, you also prohibited potentially life-saving surgery (you know, "tampering with") for fetuses diagnosed with spina bifida and heart defects. Do your damn research.

And that "statement of persecution," good grief! People created by in-vitro apparently... don't exist? Even though they, you know, do? Only military personnel should have both kids and rental housing? Rick Santorum would have prevented Pope Benedict from leaving?!

Lordy, this man is a bundle of something, but I don't have the words for what.

Edited by NotQuiteMotY
Caught up.
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Perhaps Whittle thinks that maybe he could get apprenticed to an architect and bypass the normal educational and licensing requirements, even though that's not how it works these days.

That was my inference from his open letter to "colleagues" about changing MA law so as to allow such a person to get an architect's license. In many if not all US jurisdictions, local building or planning departments require a licensed architect to review & stamp building plans as part of the permitting process. Whittle argues that a licensed non-architect -- a draftsman like himself, e.g., -- could do this work just fine.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Also, apparently Irish girls aren't Catholic enough. Okay buddy. :?

So he has to marry a Catholic, doesn't like POC, and now has eliminated the largest Caucasian ethnic group that is historically Catholic in the entire country? Good luck with that one. 

And what do you want to bet that Italian-Americans are "too ethnic" for him?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Dear Rufus, unless he sees the error of his ways, please let this man never, ever "lower"/change his standards, thus keeping him single, celibate, and childless until he draws his last breath.  Oh, earthly Rufus, who dwells at the right hand of the Jinger, I beg of you this simple request.  

In Rufus' name, amen. 

Edited by Closed Womb
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 22
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

Perhaps he can't get employment because the very first part of his resume reads that while at Wentworth, he took "COURESES".  Most employers won't touch someone who can't be bothered to fix a simple spelling mistake on a resume.

And sorry, but this dude's blog reads like it could be a healthy Criminal Minds episode (or two).

Edited by saintmom
  • Upvote 15

When I read this yesterday I thought this guy was so snarkable I could hardly stand it.  

Right wing Catholic Idiologue, right of Burke, Schlafley and Buchanan.  Needs a pre-Vatican II wife who understands and adheres to the Catholic Patriarchy. Supporter of white men's rights, downcast of the downcast.  Oh, you poor thing...not.  

After seeing his architectural designs I thought of comparing them to my nephew's designs, an internationally known classical architect who specializes in sacred spaces.  This guy's drawings were awful.  I knew it was mean to even consider it...but, hey, he asked for it.

But the same family who produced my nephew also produced my sister(not his mom).  She's brilliant, she likely has undiagnosed Asberger's Syndrome and she's gone through periods of mental illness and hospitalization.  She's never been able to hold a job or understand why she can't get along with people.  She started hearing god many years ago after leaving the Catholic Church.  Years later she returned to the Church and attends daily Mass.  

She has said so many crazy things to me over the years that I went through long periods of not talking to her.  20 years ago she moved to Charlotte, NC to live among people she felt would be more accepting of her.  The seers, the prophets, the Tongue Speakers.  Those who believe someone who loves Jesus can lose 100 pounds in a single night at a prayer meeting.  Those who believe a severed arm can reattach if they just pray hard enough.  She's seen it happen.

This man reminds me a lot of her.  He's rigid and clings to his religion like a life preserver and he can't swim.. No friends, semi estranged from his family, finds himself more at ease on the streets with the don't belongs.  My sister once said she thought she would end up a bag lady, homeless.  We all worry about her but she won't come back home because she thinks we all judge her.  She got a shit start in life with a mom who couldn't understand her and a dad who emotionally abused her because she wouldn't fight back.  Few people wanted to be friends with her, in fact, another sister(I've got 6) told me that my mom had to force a Brownie Troop to accept her.  I talked to her over Thanksgiving and at least now she seems to have acquired some friend as she was cooking food to take somewhere for dinner.

I don't know...this guy just makes me sad.  Life can be so fucking hard on those who are different.  I don't like anything he says, what he wants, how he judges people, but I wouldn't wish his shitty life on anyone.  I think that unless there is some sort of intervention(which I suspect he doesn't want), he will end up alone for the rest of his life.

Not judging anyone on what's snarkable about him, there's loads there.

Edited by Carol
  • Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 10

44 minutes ago, Carol said:

Life can be so fucking hard on those who are different.  I don't like anything he says, what he wants, how he judges people, but I wouldn't wish his shitty life on anyone.  I think that unless there is some sort of intervention(which I suspect he doesn't want), he will end up alone for the rest of his life.

Truth. I have a relative like this is as well. It's so very hard and there are no great options. 

Both of his parents (now deceased) worried a great deal about how he would cope after their deaths. His two brothers are good people & do their best to be there for him (he lives independently in a different city from both) but he either won't cooperate or deliberately antagonizes them so that's almost impossible to help. Almost a no-win.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Carol said:

When I read this yesterday I thought this guy was so snarkable I could hardly stand it.  

Right wing Catholic Idiologue, right of Burke, Schlafley and Buchanan.  Needs a pre-Vatican II wife who understands and adheres to the Catholic Patriarchy. Supporter of white men's rights, downcast of the downcast.  Oh, you poor thing...not.  

After seeing his architectural designs I thought of comparing them to my nephew's designs, an internationally known classical architect who specializes in sacred spaces.  This guy's drawings were awful.  I knew it was mean to even consider it...but, hey, he asked for it.

But the same family who produced my nephew also produced my sister(not his mom).  She's brilliant, she likely has undiagnosed Asberger's Syndrome and she's gone through periods of mental illness and hospitalization.  She's never been able to hold a job or understand why she can't get along with people.  She started hearing god many years ago after leaving the Catholic Church.  Years later she returned to the Church and attends daily Mass.  

She has said so many crazy things to me over the years that I went through long periods of not talking to her.  20 years ago she moved to Charlotte, NC to live among people she felt would be more accepting of her.  The seers, the prophets, the Tongue Speakers.  Those who believe someone who loves Jesus can lose 100 pounds in a single night at a prayer meeting.  Those who believe a severed arm can reattach if they just pray hard enough.  She's seen it happen.

This man reminds me a lot of her.  He's rigid and clings to his religion like a life preserver and he can't swim.. No friends, semi estranged from his family, finds himself more at ease on the streets with the don't belongs.  My sister once said she thought she would end up a bag lady, homeless.  We all worry about her but she won't come back home because she thinks we all judge her.  She got a shit start in life with a mom who couldn't understand her and a dad who emotionally abused her because she wouldn't fight back.  Few people wanted to be friends with her, in fact, another sister(I've got 6) told me that my mom had to force a Brownie Troop to accept her.  I talked to her over Thanksgiving and at least now she seems to have acquired some friend as she was cooking food to take somewhere for dinner.

I don't know...this guy just makes me sad.  Life can be so fucking hard on those who are different.  I don't like anything he says, what he wants, how he judges people, but I wouldn't wish his shitty life on anyone.  I think that unless there is some sort of intervention(which I suspect he doesn't want), he will end up alone for the rest of his life.

Not judging anyone on what's snarkable about him, there's loads there.

A person like this blogger is their own worst enemy and will be their undoing. It's sad because those who could help him (his family) he pushes away as not being "catholic" enough. There is literally no women who would meet his standards he is that deep in his mind. I came across a blog about those with aspergers who cling to extreme religious beliefs and a lot of it is due to the repetitive laid out black and white rules.

• Upvote 9

36 minutes ago, fundiefun said:

A person like this blogger is their own worst enemy and will be their undoing. It's sad because those who could help him (his family) he pushes away as not being "catholic" enough. There is literally no women who would meet his standards he is that deep in his mind. I came across a blog about those with aspergers who cling to extreme religious beliefs and a lot of it is due to the repetitive laid out black and white rules.

I heard a similar thing in a talk by a professor at my grad school about education in South Asia. His point was that having an extreme emphasis on STEM/practical education with little attention paid to the humanities (and thus critical thinking) has led to a generation of kids who only learn to think in black-and-white/right-and-wrong, and this makes them more vulnerable to radicalization, because fundamentalist religious thinking is the same way: black or white, right or wrong, do these things in such a way and this will be the result.

I do wonder how prevalent religious radicalization is in people with OCD and ASD, both of which can cause rigid thought patterns and fixations and ritualistic behaviors, or if (even worse) fundamentalist groups have cottoned on to the potential for radicalization in people with these issues. Obviously hard to find the numbers because of denialism and such, but I really wonder.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

1.) Everyone says no one would ever meet this guy's standards, but I sort of think if he were ever lucky enough to meet  'young Catholic sweetheart' he would jump at the opportunity as long as she were a traditional Catholic... all the other criteria would get thrown out the window  No way would this guy pass up a chance to have a girlfriend.

2.)  This guy could easily be Catfished, which is both scary and sad.  If someone posing as a traditional Catholic girl were to start emailing him he would fall for it hook, line and sinker.  I worry about this guy's mental state and his reaction should that ever happen and he discovers it.  I'm afraid he will snap.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 5
  • Love 4

I have just read some posts on this man's blog. He writes as if he were young. I would expect a middle school aged kid to use the type of vehement and one sided thinking that he does. I am not comfortable supposing anything about his being NAT, but agree with others that something seems to be going on. Usually, when I read the kind of bigotry and misogyny he writes I am outraged.  He just makes me sad. I get the feeling that he just believes what he reads, whatever it is and then passionately supports it. I get the sense that he is isolated and in need of help. I hope that someone can reach him.

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I do wonder how prevalent religious radicalization is in people with OCD and ASD, both of which can cause rigid thought patterns and fixations and ritualistic behaviors, or if (even worse) fundamentalist groups have cottoned on to the potential for radicalization in people with these issues. Obviously hard to find the numbers because of denialism and such, but I really wonder.

I think that Catholic traditionalism in particular requires one to be outraged and angry all the time, even more so than other forms of fundamentalism, at least in the West. You have to be outraged about the pope (whoever that happens to be at any given time), outraged at your local bishop, outraged at Catholics who use birth control, outraged at Vatican II, outraged at mass in the vernacular, etc. It’s really quite exhausting. Assuming he has any acquaintances at his Latin Mass parish, they’re probably encouraging his outrage because all trads do when they get together with each other is complain about the state of the Catholic Church. With Protestant fundies, they can easily split a form a new church or denomination if they don’t like what’s going on, but in Catholicism you’re either in or out. This is why there are so many tortured apologetics about how the SSPX is not really in schism or why the orders of some sedevacantist group are really valid, because traditionalists are just stuck with their more liberal Co-religionists in a way conservative Protestants aren’t. The 24/7 hate that one finds in trad media is a feature not a bug of the subculture.

I remember an entry where Whittle says he has a spiritual adviser, but that’s not the same thing as having a therapist. While some priests do have backgrounds in psychology or counseling, I doubt that a trad priest would be one of them. It also wouldn’t surprise me if Whittle claims not to believe in psychology, since a lot of fundies look down on secular counseling. Otherwise, it would probably help him to visit a dating coach who could give him tips about how to find a “Catholic sweetheart,” since I doubt all the young adults at his parish have paired off. However, I think part of the advice would be to not have such a rigid criteria for a potential spouse, which I can’t see him doing.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think that Catholic traditionalism in particular requires one to be outraged and angry all the time, even more so than other forms of fundamentalism, at least in the West. You have to be outraged about the pope (whoever that happens to be at any given time), outraged at your local bishop, outraged at Catholics who use birth control, outraged at Vatican II, outraged at mass in the vernacular, etc. It’s really quite exhausting. Assuming he has any acquaintances at his Latin Mass parish, they’re probably encouraging his outrage because all trads do when they get together with each other is complain about the state of the Catholic Church. With Protestant fundies, they can easily split a form a new church or denomination if they don’t like what’s going on, but in Catholicism you’re either in or out. This is why there are so many tortured apologetics about how the SSPX is not really in schism or why the orders of some sedevacantist group are really valid, because traditionalists are just stuck with their more liberal Co-religionists in a way conservative Protestants aren’t. The 24/7 hate that one finds in trad media is a feature not a bug of the subculture.

I remember an entry where Whittle says he has a spiritual adviser, but that’s not the same thing as having a therapist. While some priests do have backgrounds in psychology or counseling, I doubt that a trad priest would be one of them. It also wouldn’t surprise me if Whittle claims not to believe in psychology, since a lot of fundies look down on secular counseling. Otherwise, it would probably help him to visit a dating coach who could give him tips about how to find a “Catholic sweetheart,” since I doubt all the young adults at his parish have paired off. However, I think part of the advice would be to not have such a rigid criteria for a potential spouse, which I can’t see him doing.

A person like Whittle who is so rigid and certain in their thinking being the right way I can't see him being flexible for anything since to him his rigidity being his religious beliefs are a matter of heaven or hell.

• Upvote 5

Eer regardless, I will fight to find a Catholic sweetheart for the time being while I still can. My pool might be small, but I might have to go "younger", waiting for someone to turn 18?

Oh geez.

https://catholiclookforwife.blogspot.com/2015/06/its-getting-serious.html?m=0

• Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 6

"in either case, it might be possible that if a young woman who meets the criteria (even someone who currently attends the N.O.) who wants me and wants to practice Traditional Catholicism to email me for initiation. This might be the only way for me to survive the tyrants  up in these parts (civil, ecclesiastical, and corporate) who hate God, country, and family and want to favor bergoglios over people like me."

• WTF 6

Eer regardless, I will fight to find a Catholic sweetheart for the time being while I still can. My pool might be small, but I might have to go "younger", waiting for someone to turn 18?

This is awful and increasingly creepy.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Why do I have a possible Criminal Minds scenario in my head of a guy like that kidnapping a 16-17 year old and keeping her until she turns 18, is an adult and he can force her to marry him?

"Civil,  ecclesiastical and corporate tyrants" -- Persecution complex much?  

Bergoglios?  I guess he's just trying to be clever while insulting those who follow Pope Francis.  Um.... epic fail there Trad Man, I'm not insulted in the least.

The more I read of what he's written, the creepier and scarier he becomes.  I think he's going to become so frustrated and angry he'll snap and do something terrible.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Confederate apologia from a self-described “Yankee”:

https://catholiclookforwife.blogspot.com/2017/08/us-catholic-bishops-partly-to-blame-for.html?m=1

If only the bishops, then and now, had followed the lead of Pope Pius IX and been more vociferously pro-South we wouldn’t have had the violence in Charlottesville! Issues like racism, slavery, etc are apparently irrelevant. I don’t get why someone who is always complaining about what a moral cesspool Massachusetts is and is pro-Confeserate would be so intent on staying, but I suppose Whittle has no other means of support other than his godless Novus Ordo parents.

Edited by Cleopatra7
  • Upvote 4

I have been looking through this guy's blog here and there since last night and this morning. He's a whacko and I don't think he is ever going to find the kind of wife he 's looking for. There was a blogger discussed here on FJ that might have met some or most of his requirments. It was a woman who was already married and IIRC, they were trad Catholics and her husband was in law school. She wasn't planning to ever work and they wanted a big family.

• Upvote 4

If he ever does find his mirror image and they marry, it will be toxic squared.  Hopefully, he'll shoot blanks or God has shut her womb so they don't spawn.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7