IGNORED

Christendom’s Most Eligible Bachelor: Traditional Catholic Looking for Wife Blog

Cleopatra7

1 minute ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

You know, no job interview I've ever had asked me about my religion. I don't know anyone who was rejected from a job because of their religion.

I'd bet real cash money that he announces he's Trad in interviews and gives a list of all the Feast/ Holy/ Ember/ Rogation/ Saints days he needs off as well as a diatribe on how he expects his co-workers to behave. He's also most likely creepy, obnoxious and socially awkward -- the sort of interviewee that employers run fast and far away from.

FYI I'm Catholic, but one of those awful Novus Ordo women he abhors.  Contrary to what he writes, I take my faith seriously -- I know how to pray the Rosary, fast and do meatless Fridays in Lent, and have a devotion to the BVM and several saints.  I'm just like most of the women in my parish.

This guys version of a Catholic woman does not exist even the most holy catholic women I met in my parish when I was active were very independent, liked to drink, college, etc. Some of these fring rad trads pull things from Fundie protestant culture and try to make it work when it doesn't work. One fringe guy was trying to advocate stay at home daughters and event he most conservative Catholics I knew slammed that view because Catholics have many well respected universities for men and WOMEN.

5 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

He’d blame the sex abuse scandals on a mixture of gay men in general, gay priests in particular, and the effects of Vatican II loosening Catholic practices. Never mind that the Church Fathers we’re railing against abuse during antiquity.

He’s probably the sort of guy who can’t help but evangelize people on the job, which few people appreciate. He seems uncomfortable being around non-traditionalists to the point where he should just go to some trad ghetto like St. Mary’s, Kansas where his beloved SSPX has its US headquarters. Of course, he probably couldn’t pursue architecture in such a small town, but he would be more likely to find the kind of woman he claims to want.

Is this looney tune even in college? How does he expect to be an architect if he is unemployed with no training or education to back it up. 

• Upvote 10

6 minutes ago, fundiefun said:

Is this looney tune even in college? How does he expect to be an architect if he is unemployed with no training or education to back it up. 

According to his personal/professional website, he has an A.A. degree but only completed some coursework towards a B.A. in Architecture. Unless he's finished the degree (and internship, which is usually required) more recently, he's not qualified to be a licensed architect or even sit the exam for such. This probably explains why he wants MA law changed to allow a broader range of people to be licensed as architects:

The purpose of allowing allied professionals (interior designers, civil engineers, building mechanical engineers, construction supervisors, etc.) to take the ARE and earn an architect’s seal would allow them to sign-off on drawings themselves without the review of the extra person. Construction workers must pay attention to their work every second on the jobsite, and this would validate the “design and build” firms. The extension of the licensure period from one year to five will allow architects to work in the office more and pay more attention to their projects and clients. I do not think it is necessary for an architect to attend 20 hours per year for continuing education every year while there are not many major changes every year.

These simple proposals ARE NOT a free pass, nor they should be. The fact that the ARE (or other state approved test) will be required should self-explain itself. This proposed question would allow allied professionals with similar backgrounds and knowledge to take the test, plain and simple.

• Upvote 8

@fundiefun,  I've wondered about his professional training, too.  Could that be why he's opposed to the registration of architects?

I knew a young woman about 40 years ago whose father thought she ought to live at home until she was married.  She was in grad school at UGA at the time.  Her parents lived in Augusta and were part of the Alleluia Community.  UGA's campus is in Athens.  They're several hours apart.  How would that work?  Judy wanted to honor her dad, but also loved her grad school work.  I think she was working on her MSW -Master of Social Work.

This man is pretty obviously not neurotypical, and I'm kind of uncomfortable with the way this is being discussed, tbh. Maybe it's just me...

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Well. I’m so pleased that he has said when he finds a wife he won’t abuse it. 

I hope it realises how lucky it is to have a husband who won’t abuse it.

It.

C71F9BE8-EA54-4A00-8B3A-E9C76297DCE0.png

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 5

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

This man is pretty obviously not neurotypical, and I'm kind of uncomfortable with the way this is being discussed, tbh. Maybe it's just me...

Agreed. The more I read, the more I feel bad for him. 

• Upvote 13

9 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Yeah I just watched the video. I can’t snark on him any more. 

• Upvote 11

If he isn't NT I wonder how much religious paranoia has impacted him because for some reason non NT guys I've met have held some pretty unrealistic staunch views about religion to the point of paranoia and misogyny against women. I wonder what his parents or home life were like because to get to this point of religious obession this was years in the making and grooming.

• Upvote 7

45 minutes ago, fundiefun said:

He sounds like the fundie Catholic version of George Costanza

• Upvote 3

I know this guy. Or at least his type. I went to a very traditional religious university and was vaguely aquainted with those who were cut from the same cloth as this blogger. The only difference is the vast majority of them were studying to become clergy (I can only  think of one was planning a secular career). More often than not they were nice enough, if not just very odd ducks. No where near my type so I can’t comment too much on their attitudes toward women or their “requirements.” They all married young and traditional women who had several children and stay home with them, so I can assume it was in line with this blogger . I think what fascinated about this blog is “seeing” those men and their thought process which I would imagine to be quite similar. 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

As someone who is also not NT, I would never snark on someone for that. What is snarkable is creating a blog detailing how you want a prospective spouse to fit a ridiculously narrow mold or blaming DACA for your inability to get your job of choice rather than your lack of credentials. We may not be able to choose how our brains are wired or how awkward we are in social situations, but we can choose whether or not to go down the road of fundamentalism (he mentions in his FAQ that he is the only one in his family who attends the Latin Mass so he wasn’t raised traditionalist). While traditionalism can be appealing to non-NTs because it provides a black and white worldview (and here I speak from experience), there are plenty of type A personalities who are also attracted to it.

• Upvote 27
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

I know this guy. Or at least his type. I went to a very traditional religious university and was vaguely aquainted with those who were cut from the same cloth as this blogger. The only difference is the vast majority of them were studying to become clergy (I can only  think of one was planning a secular career). More often than not they were nice enough, if not just very odd ducks. No where near my type so I can’t comment too much on their attitudes toward women or their “requirements.” They all married young and traditional women who had several children and stay home with them, so I can assume it was in line with this blogger . I think what fascinated about this blog is “seeing” those men and their thought process which I would imagine to be quite similar. 

He has a real dislike of Novus Ordo Catholics and I think back to the Catholic women I knew who are stellar pillars of the faith and they wouldn't make the cut. I've found NO priests to be very likeable people where the more rad trad bunch to be pretty harsh when it comes to women.

2 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

As someone who is also not NT, I would never snark on someone for that. What is snarkable is creating a blog detailing how you want a prospective spouse to fit a ridiculously narrow mold or blaming DACA for your inability to get your job of choice rather than your lack of credentials. We may not be able to choose how our brains are wired or how awkward we are in social situations, but we can choose whether or not to go down the road of fundamentalism (he mentions in his FAQ that he is the only one in his family who attends the Latin Mass so he wasn’t raised traditionalist). While traditionalism can be appealing to non-NTs because it provides a black and white worldview (and here I speak from experience), there are plenty of type A personalities who are also attracted to it.

When being non NT crosses into sexism and racism its far beyond being not NT. I'm not NT either and I've sadly come across many whose racist beliefs and sexism were so open and out it was shocking. For this guy it seems his non NT status has him closed off from others his age and he harbors a lot of racist views and sexist views about women. I wonder what his parents were like because these views dont just happen over night or to this extreme. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

https://www.scribd.com/document/362788008/Statement-of-Persecution-at-the-Hands-of-Liberals-in-the-Church-State-and-Society

Wow, guys. He thinks the U.S. has a constitutional duty to declare war upon liberals. And that had Rick Stantorum been elected, neither the Boston Marathon bombing nor the rise of ISIS would have happened.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 4

I'm not saying he shouldn't be criticized. I'm saying that joking about how he's 'special', 'crazy', or 'a loony toon' is probably not okay. And I'm not pointing the finger at anyone. I'm just suggesting that maybe it's possible to discuss his messed up beliefs without using language like that or mocking him for idiosyncrasies that might be associated some kind of disorder. I do also think that it's not really helpful to compare him to 'typical' hardcore orthodox/trad Catholics or fundies, because a lot of the beliefs and opinions he's espousing are probably not coming from the same place.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Well, I would say that we don’t know which place they are coming from, which also means that they could well be coming from his odd belief system. 

Just don’t be jerks, basically. But I don’t think anyone had the intention of being that. 

As someone who is pretty catholic (but no longer actively practicing), there are some dark places in Catholicism, especially the post-reformation “back to the roots” kind of Catholics. And they produce a lot of extremely socially disabled young people, especially men. I’ve met them too. A lot of them become clergy, much to my dismay. 

The sad part is that I would never meet this guy’s criteria. And I considered becoming consecrated earlier in my life :D  so if anyone ever will is the big unanswered question. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I dont think any of the women I know some who are actually nuns would meet this guy's criteria either. This guy's beliefs almost border on paranoia/mental illness in his posts. Which is why I wonder what kind of home life he has and what kind of views he grew up with towards women becaue this is so far beyond religious devotion the things he writes are racist and coming from an angle that he is owed a wife for being a "real" Catholic. He has been blogging for years and it hasn't happened I wonder if he will get more extreme with his thinking as time goes on since he has had this blog for 7 years now. If he is so passionate about the faith I'm surprised he didn't consider the SSPX clergy or some kind of lay men role. When he started spouted off about DACA for being why he is unemployed is when its to the point of blatant racism/paranoia.

• Upvote 4

Yikes.

https://catholiclookforwife.blogspot.com/2016/12/christmas-message-2016-500th-post.html?m=1

"For the record, I've never had a safe space, and I practically live in a 10' x 10' cell/shelter. I don't like it, but with thyroid problems being evicted onto the street (which is my preferred place rather than public housing) will cost me my life. In my immediate area there's no priest available to administer Extreme Unction nor step in and say a Requiem Mass for me and properly bury me, so I have to be very careful what I do."

• WTF 2

4 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I’m assuming that Christian Mingle mostly has Protestants on it, and from a trad perspective Protestantism is barely Christian. Even a dating site that caters to Catholics would consists mainly of “Novus Ordo Catholics” and Whittle has said that any prospective wife would have to agree to be Latin Mass-only. 

Ave Maria Singles is a popular dating website for Traditionalist Catholics. I used to read there for funsies when their profiles were still public. Most people (especially the men) put a lot of emphasis on head covering, women in skirts only at mass, birth control, modest dress. A lot of the women were SAHDs of one sort or another. I'm surprised he has such an issue with that site.

Aw, I just watched his video and see what you guys are talking about. :( I'll keep that in mind as I dive into his blog. 

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, FundieCentral said:

Well, I would say that we don’t know which place they are coming from, which also means that they could well be coming from his odd belief system. 

Just don’t be jerks, basically. But I don’t think anyone had the intention of being that. 

As someone who is pretty catholic (but no longer actively practicing), there are some dark places in Catholicism, especially the post-reformation “back to the roots” kind of Catholics. And they produce a lot of extremely socially disabled young people, especially men. I’ve met them too. A lot of them become clergy, much to my dismay. 

The sad part is that I would never meet this guy’s criteria. And I considered becoming consecrated earlier in my life :D  so if anyone ever will is the big unanswered question. 

I know a guy like this he is socially delayed and seems so shut off from other young adults and can't relate he is very "odd" if I could describe him. He has no clue about what is socially inappropriate and he is form the South with a very racist mother so that adds another element to it. Me and him met on a Catholic singles site but his mom shit a brick when she found out I was not white like no one was good enough for her baby boy even a devoted Catholic who had the wrong skin color.

Edited by fundiefun
  • Upvote 2

Just now, nausicaa said:

Ava Maria Singles is a popular dating website for Traditionalist Catholics. I used to read their for funsies when their profiles were still public. 

I totally used to follow a Mormon singles board for fun, too; it's no longer around.

• Upvote 2

Just now, scoutsadie said:

I totally used to follow a Mormon singles board for fun, too; it's no longer around.

It was so entertaining! And taught me a lot about Traditionalists. They were all obsessed with Enneagrams and Myers-Briggs for some reason. It was kind of my gateway to FJ in a lot of ways.  I love that there's other people on FJ with my weird ass hobbies.  :lol:

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

You know, no job interview I've ever had asked me about my religion. I don't know anyone who was rejected from a job because of their religion.

Back in the 1950s, my grandfather was rejected from a number of teaching jobs because he was Catholic. But that's largely because Catholicism was associated with immigrants.

Today, it's illegal to ask a job applicant about their religious beliefs in the US. If you ever were to get that question, go directly to your nearest attorney.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, fundiefun said:

he harbors a lot of racist views and sexist views about women. I wonder what his parents were like because these views dont just happen over night or to this extreme. 

I understand how Traditionalists can try to rationalize their sexism, but how do they defend their racism from a Catholic point of view?

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 4

So in his post on filling in a Massachusetts marriage license, he claims that men are prohibited by Canon Law to change their surnames without a good reason and women from keeping their maiden name after marrying. Anyone can confirm this is true? I never heard this before. 

• Upvote 3