IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

The irony in some of this, is she's feeling some of what others feel when she questions their Christianity. So many times she's questioned the faith of feminists and other big names writers, speakers, and preachers. Quite frankly it hurts at times to be viewed as a nonChristian when you've struggled for your faith so hard.

I believe there is a core doctrine to Christianity but so many other things are secondary, like the submissiveness issue. That's why we have God's grace to forgive us where we might have gotten it wrong. To say people hate God because they don't believe the same as you on a none salvation issue is wrong in my opinion.  That's what makes people angry. 

And Lori if you are reading these comments, I seriously don't hate you. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with your teachings. Nor does that mean that I don't think that you have nothing to repent for. You've treated your fellow sisters in Christ harshly when they've come to you for comfort; you've deleted scripture that has been used correctly therefore silencing the use of God's word; and you've also help to spread falsehoods about entire groups of women (and many men). I will repent of my harshness and unrighteous anger but I also ask that you examine yourself.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Fuck, I'm not gonna sugar coat this.  Yes, Lori, I hate you.   I'd hate anyone who removed a posted suicide hotline phone number from their blog posted for another member who was feeling suicidal.  So take that and ferment it!

You're a fucking Victoria Victim.

46 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

The irony in some of this, is she's feeling some of what others feel when she questions their Christianity. So many times she's questioned the faith of feminists and other big names writers, speakers, and preachers. Quite frankly it hurts at times to be viewed as a nonChristian when you've struggled for your faith so hard.

I believe there is a core doctrine to Christianity but so many other things are secondary, like the submissiveness issue. That's why we have God's grace to forgive us where we might have gotten it wrong. To say people hate God because they don't believe the same as you on a none salvation issue is wrong in my opinion.  That's what makes people angry. 

And Lori if you are reading these comments, I seriously don't hate you. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with your teachings. Nor does that mean that I don't think that you have nothing to repent for. You've treated your fellow sisters in Christ harshly when they've come to you for comfort; you've deleted scripture that has been used correctly therefore silencing the use of God's word; and you've also help to spread falsehoods about entire groups of women (and many men). I will repent of my harshness and unrighteous anger but I also ask that you examine yourself.

Sarah, I wish I could upvote this post a few more times, maybe with a couple of applause votes as well. :clap::clap::clap:

Have you guys watched her tutorial on....making salad. :pb_confused: It's odd, to say the least.

I'm going to show you how quickly I can make a salad.  So...cause I've been making salad for 35 years

Mmmkay. I had no idea that making a salad was time consuming.  I also had no idea it required a great deal of experience.  I stand corrected.

*She makes a note of the fact that her health food store gets their lettuce from....wait for it....a garden!  Imagine that.  Lettuce growing in a garden.  Who'd have thought?!

I'm going to try to talk while I'm doing this, (she's cutting lettuce) but you can shh...I can show you how quickly you can make a salad...a big, gigantic salad for your family.  I think a lot of women don't make salad...they just think they make so much time.  But I've been making them for 35...37 years actually in December I will have been married 37 years in...actually December in a couple of days.  So in a month, I'll have been married 37 years, and I've been making salads for that many years.  

Who thinks making salads take "so much time" to make?  Is that even a thing?  Do people really think that?

Also, Happy Saladversary, Lori!  I know you two are so happy together! :romance-heartsfade::pb_rollseyes:

Moving on, Lori puts on her doctor hat:

They say...I've even heard that smokers who eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables...their lungs aren't...are not that bad because of the power of fruits and vegetables.

Who says that?  "Sure, go ahead and smoke!  When you're done, you can clear your lungs with a nice piece of celery."

And all my children were raised on salads.  In fact, they wouldn't have survived if didn't eat salad in my home.

Uh, yeah.  That's all you offered them!  So much for cooking  big, nutritious meals for your family.

The next few minutes are chopping celery and spinning the salad.  She mentions something about timing herself (she never says why), and how she disliked emptying the dishwasher, but then she trailed off and never finished what she was saying.  I guess she's reflecting on a time when she timed herself emptying the dishwasher...so there's that.  

My youngest daughter umm, did not like salad.  So she would have to...she would sit at the table for hours every night until she ate her salad.  *obnoxious laugh*

Now see this salad that I am making right now is just for Ken and I, because we're the only ones home.  But it'll last us probably 5 days.

I gave up on the video before it was over, because reasons.  (Seriously, how long can you watch someone make salad).  

Reader:

I don’t understand if they don’t like what you teach, write or say then why are they even reading it?

The same reason Lori reads Sara Young, Beth Moore, and all of the other women she gossips about on her blog.  

I can't say I've ever known anyone who thinks about how many years they've been making salad.

And really, is that something even the most inexperienced of cooks wouldn't know how to do?

And oh crap!  I have a very similar top to the one she's wearing.  Now I have to go burn it.

I had watched the salad video and just felt my brain bend so could not comment on it earlier.  

The thing that stood out to me was when she says (paraphrased) "One of my daughters-in-law did not grow up on salad. Her mom did not make a lot of salads."

How does this come up in conversation? And why is it a yardstick for measuring a woman's worth.  

"Tell me, Emily? How many salads a week did your mother make when you were a child?"  

I've been involved in a lot of small talk in my life and the frequency of salad eating has never come up; at least not to the extent that it would be memorable. One thing Lori needs to understand is that in different parts of the country, salad is not a practical option every day. I mean when it is 12 degrees here in January, I am not wanting a salad; but I might eat a nice bowl of homemade soup each day.  Also, I make about seven different kinds of soup, while Lori is stuck with ONE pitiful recipe.  

i think it's a real shame that Lori's kids will have to confess to their friends "Well, I only eat one kind of soup. My mom only knew how to make one kind." *end sarcasm font*

23 minutes ago, Koala said:

Have you guys watched her tutorial on....making salad.  It's odd, to say the least.

Mmmkay. I had no idea that making a salad was time consuming.  I also had no idea it required a great deal of experience.  I stand corrected.

*She makes a note of the fact that her health food store gets their lettuce from....wait for it....a garden!  Imagine that.  Lettuce growing in a garden.  Who'd have thought?!

Who thinks making salads take "so much time" to make?  Is that even a thing?  Do people really think that?

Also, Happy Saladversary, Lori!  I know you two are so happy together! 

Moving on, Lori puts on her doctor hat:

Who says that?  "Sure, go ahead and smoke!  When you're done, you can clear your lungs with a nice piece of celery."

Uh, yeah.  That's all you offered them!  So much for cooking  big, nutritious meals for your family.

The next few minutes are chopping celery and spinning the salad.  She mentions something about timing herself (she never says why), and how she disliked emptying the dishwasher, but then she trailed off and never finished what she was saying.  I guess she's reflecting on a time when she timed herself emptying the dishwasher...so there's that.  

I gave up on the video before it was over, because reasons.  (Seriously, how long can you watch someone make salad).  

Gah I don't eat salads (I'd die of hunger at her house apparently) but I can make some beautiful ones. I had to make salads at a restaurant and presentation was extremely important lol. To this day the thought of making a caprese salad gives me the chills.... Cutting all those tomatoes fresh after you've already cut what feels like 30 of them for the other salads and sandwhiches. Oh the drama lol. But basic salads are pretty quick and easy.

I don’t hate Lori, but like many others here, I think she is mean and dangerous. Her recent post about smiling and acting cheerful minimizes the feelings and experiences of women. This is a more appropriate take on it: 

93B1BDEA-7068-4C25-8A63-38A4398B29BE.jpeg

I cannot stop laughing about making salad for 37 years. And “women don’t make salads”?! Jesus fucking Christ, Lori. You’re something else.

After her blog post this morning and her doodle this afternoon, it’s clear she’s trying to go viral. 

Guess what Lori? I work but I also cook. Working hasn’t raised our costs- we don’t eat out regularly and my clothes can be worn in most settings- few fancy outfits here. I am thrifty and nurturing. My family is healthy because we eat real vegetables and real food. My home is tidy and cozy. 

Oh good grief. Last night I took a flashlight, scissors and a bowl and walked to my garden. I picked arugula, kale, spinach, mixed greens and some baby red lettuce. I came inside, rinsed it, dried it with a paper towel (need a better system there) and put it in a bowl. Total time, oh... no more than ten minutes. I ate it with a drizzle of braggs ACV + olive oil. 

The end. 

*Obnoxious laugh*??? What a bitch. Fuck you, Lori. That is your DAUGHTER. 

From today's doodle about all the money you can save by staying home:

Groceries, plus putting a stop to eating out will save you 1000s a year...

Welp, that didn't work for Ken, because they admittedly eat out at least once a week (but it seems like a lot more based on her posts).  We get a steady stream of restaurant pictures.

And now that you're home, you can learn all kinds of ways to be thrifty, frugal, & trim costs even more.

Yet Ken says: 

Hey, the vitamins were not just for her and her health. I spent a small country's GDP each year on Lori's health, and I hate the idea of Obama Care sorry and we are not in it. But the whole family had to take lots of vitamins, and eat all organic and I wanted to buy a bigger house some day and maybe even retire. Isn't that what many men are thinking? 

This quote, combined with her never ending Instagram posts featuring her ridiculously make-up/skin care products/expensive clothes/cooking gadgets/ingredients AND their million dollar plus home leads me to believe that Lori doesn't spend her time thinking of ways to save money.  

4 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

That is your DAUGHTER. 

Her daughter actually wrote about this on her cooking blog.  Her version is much sadder than Lori's.  She wasn't laughing...

17 minutes ago, Koala said:

From today's doodle about all the money you can save by staying home:

Welp, that didn't work for Ken, because they admittedly eat out at least once a week (but it seems like a lot more based on her posts).  We get a steady stream of restaurant pictures.

Yet Ken says: 

This quote, combined with her never ending Instagram posts featuring her ridiculously make-up/skin care products/expensive clothes/cooking gadgets/ingredients AND their million dollar plus home leads me to believe that Lori doesn't spend her time thinking of ways to save money.  

Her daughter actually wrote about this on her cooking blog.  Her version is much sadder than Lori's.  She wasn't laughing...

What story about the daughter and salad? What did I miss?

In the salad video, Lori also states that they did not want their kids to be picky eaters. 

You know one thing you can do to avoid picky eaters is to allow them to eat "adult" foods."  You know, like if a baby is screaming because she wants to try a bit of Daddy's meal? Let her have a bite so she can get used to new flavors and textures. 

Oh! Another way?  When your granddaughter wants to try some of your breakfast, don't be all stingy and say "NO! You had your breakfast!" 

Also, if Lori's kids only ate salads and her very narrow menu of "big meals for the boys," they very well could have left home as picky eaters because they were not exposed to a wide variety of food. 

Side note: we did not want to raise picky eaters either but we did not use food as a measure of morality. I remember eating out one night when our daughter was three. I took a slice of my husband's veggie pizza. It was really good so I casually said to our daughter "This is so good. You should try it," just like I would if I was talking to one of my friends. She tried it and loved it.  That was during the time I went to a lady's Bible study each week and we went out for lunch as a group afterward. My friends still talk about all those times my daughter would say "veggie patch pizza pwease," when all the other kids were ordering chicken nuggets. She and I usually shared it but I always let her order. That is also good practice. 

My point, I guesss, is that making a child sit at the table for hours is not necessarily the best way to broaden their palate. Lori's poor daughter probably dreaded supper time every day. 

2 hours ago, Frog99 said:

All of her posts have such nasty judginess in them with no grounding in reality. 

Agreed!

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

What story about the daughter and salad? What did I miss?

Spoiler

You can read the account in this part of her daughter's blog:
http://liverightbehealthy.blogspot.com/p/an-abridged-version-of-my-health.html

Her other daughter has blogged about her struggles as well. 

I hesitate to post too much, because I honestly feel like her daughters are victims of Lori's cruelty.  Her sons too, but the way they harped on their daughters' weight was unforgivable.

Satan is working mightily in Lori. What an arrogant heifer, equating her drivel to God. She thinks she's Julia Child because she cuts up veggies! Nobody cares Lori, go keep your home. Oh, that's right, you pay other women to do that. She is the queen of hypocrites.

Ok. I made it though about half the video.  I've been reading/hearing her say that her mom was a "health nut."  I gotta call bullshit on that one.  If Lori is roughly 60 that means she was born in the late 50's and if her mom had the kids in her 20's that puts her having been born and raised in the late 30's into the 40's.  I'm not saying health nuts didn't exist in the 50's and 60's but it seems to me that her mother was simply buying food that was available for the time period at the place she most trusted.  If Lori's only judge of "healthy food" is strictly vegetables, then my father and his mother were health nuts too.  He was raised on a share cropping farm and was essentially raised on beans, root vegetables, greens, and various bread.  Meat was butchered either on their farm or they obtained it from another local/family affiliate, ergo:  fresh grass fed meat.  Meat for his family was a luxury as it was for many during his 1940's childhood.  My father was 17 when he had his first slice of pizza and in the Marines when he had his first hamburger.  Now, since that was the most plentiful foods they had available, does that mean my grandmother was a health nut or that she fed her children what was plentiful and within her capacity to purchase?  Lori's mother may have shopped with certain goals in mind given that her husband was in the medical profession, but I'm willing to bet she drove however far Lori claims because she HAD to.  Perhaps that was the best place to find fresh food that hadn't been on a dusty truck for 2 days before it hit the local market countertop.  

I know.  It's all idle speculation.  But man she irks the crap out of me with her food hangups.  While I'm not proud of my current eating habits (stress is a bitch ya'll), there is a smug satisfaction that comes with having watched half her salad video while sipping a coke and eating local takeout pizza (NOT FERMENTED or whatever).  I have a box of granola bars and a sparkling water sitting here with me....that counts right?  The presence helps knock down some of the calories???  :pizza:

Thank you for the blog link.

Here's what stood out at me:

Lori is a tyrant of health.

Daughter and son were diagnosed with parasites.

Daughter was on the verge of anorexia.

After reading this, will Lori tell her daughter to delete her blog?

Reader:

Just bitter tired career women who have husbands who don't provide and leave them to clean the house after their long day working to support their "man" lol

Well actually, I've been a sahw/sahm for closing in on 20 years now.  I stayed home before I had children, and I will continue to stay home once they are grown.  That's what works for our family, but unlike some people, I don't presume to know what works for other families.  lol :pb_rollseyes:

Lori:

They are simply tools used by Satan.

I am sure the other ladies in ministry that you gossip about, feel the same way about you.

OK -- so Cassi said she had parasites and also that her brother did  (didn't say which one).  Soooooo ....... out of 6 people in the house 3 people that we know of (Lori, Cassi, son) had parasites.

Anyone besides me think Lori's less than careful cleaning and unsanitary kitchen is the cause?  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived