IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

11 hours ago, Loveday said:

I don't think I've spent $4000 for all the furniture in my house!

We have several expensive pieces of furniture.  We spent $3000 on a living room set (couch, loveseat, recliner) and about $3000 on a sleep number bed.   Those purchases were because I need specific items to be able to be comfortable sitting/laying down and I have to be able to get in/out of the furniture.

That being said, the leather living room set was purchased in 2006 (paid for in cash so no interest) and is still very nice/functional.  I honestly don't expect to have to replace it during my lifetime.  So I consider that money well spent.

The sleep number bed was purchased in 2008 and raised the quality of life for me quite a lot.  It has a 20-year guarantee and I don't expect to have to replace it even after that warranty expires.

The rest of our furniture is a hodgepodge of misc stuff.  I doubt the rest of our furniture adds up to $1000.  I take that back, my recliner that lifts up and down was around $1000, but again a necessity for my independence with my special snowflake body.  

I can't imagine expecting my husband to get a different job so I can have an expensive dining table or any other material thing for that matter.  I saved money from my stores for about a year to afford both the living room set and reflooring the majority of our house (also around $3000)

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is 'Everyone Hates Me' day in Lori Land.

As most of you know, I have many who hate me and hate what I teach. They tell me they hate me and write all types of swear words about and to me. They make up fake Instagram and Facebook accounts by stealing my picture, name, and moniker and pretend that I am writing horrible things. They have sites dedicated to slandering and gossiping about me.

No, Lori, just a few threads. And I don't think most of us here hate you. We strongly disagree with what you teach, though, because your theology is way off and your beliefs about women and marriage are NOT based in Scripture (or any civilized secular ideas either, for that matter), regardless of how you twist things to suit your views. 

Disagreement does not equal hate. Oh, and before you play the P card, you are NOT being persecuted, either. So get over yourself.  :my_dodgy:

No one pretends Lori is saying awful things. They directly copy and paste LORI’S OWN WORDS!!!

No one pretends Lori is saying awful things. They directly copy and paste LORI’S OWN WORDS!!!

4 minutes ago, Loveday said:

They make up fake Instagram and Facebook accounts by stealing my picture, name, and moniker and pretend that I am writing horrible things

We have said that doing this is wrong and we do not condone it, yet we are haters.  If Lori actually paid attention to what we said, she might realize we are actually trying to help her.  Yes, we snark on a lot of what she says, but we also offer her sound advice (like not centering all the text on her blog among other things) that if she was truly "always learning" she would take into consideration and put into practice.

Also, quoting your own words and showing the contradictions in what you have posted PUBLICALLY on the WORLD WIDE WEB is not slander (or libel *ahem*) nor is it persecution.

21 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Today's post is just a "woe is me" (to quote my grandmother) fest. 

No one has ever slandered or lied about her. Where does she get that? 

If I was going to lie about her I'd say she was the sweetest, kindest, most loving women blogger I'd met. Bless her heart. ;) 

She's never going to understand that it's not her poorly attempted message that people don't like, it's her delivery, her callousness, and her self-righteousness that we don't like.  One of my pet peeves with folks such as Lori and PP, they throw the word "hate" around.   My mom didn't allow us to use that term growing up.  Two things were a constant at home:  you never said you "believe in the devil/Satan," you "believe he exists," and you don't ever "hate" anyone or anything.  The latter being right up there with the seven deadly sins in our house.  

They have sites dedicated to slandering and gossiping about me.

First: There are NO sites dedicated to "slandering" you.  Good rule to remember: Slander is spoken.  Free knowledge.  You're welcome.

Second:  Do you gossip about Sara Young?  What about Beth Moore?  What about Joyce Meyer?  Nancy Woglemuth?  You say you are just "calling them out" and "warning others" (which according to you, is "good").  Well, maybe others feel the same about YOUR "ministry".  

Remember your neighbor with the messy house?  I do.  Know why?  Because you gossiped about her on your blog.

How about your "friend" whose daughter makes thong swimsuits for a living? Do you think she wanted you to write a blog post about her and her daughter?

What about the picture you posted of your son's friends, in what you called immodest homecoming dresses?  How do you think seeing their pictures held up for criticism would have made them feel?

Then of course there was the lady at church (who you asked not to sit by you).  Remember how you were gossiping about the way she was dressed?  Do you think you drew her closer to Jesus that day? 

Or your church.  You gossip about your own church family, AND the leadership!  Do you do that because you hate God and His "ways"?  (<---see how inflammatory that is?  You say that to people on a regular basis!)

The Bible has a lot to say about gossip, you know...there are entire passages about idle women who roam from house to house (website to website) looking for gossip.  Maybe a post on that portion of scripture would be a nice change...

Do you gossip because you don't believe what the Bible has to say about busybodies? (<---again, see how rude it is to presume that anyone who disagrees with The Great Lori Alexander must not believe the Bible).  That's the way YOU talk to people.

I guess since posts are always finished with scripture, it doesn't really matter what you say to readers.  

1 Timothy 5:13

And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

I don't actually hate Lori, it's something I try very hard not to do because I don't believe in really hating people. I do hate what she teaches because it's false doctrine. 

And many of the things I've ranted against have been things I've read with my two eyes directly from her page or seen as screen shots from her past work. I was blocked from commenting after using a scriptural example that if she had a problem with she could have commented back with why I was wrong but I was just deleted. I was always pretty gentle with my approach. My sound, counseling based advice towards a woman who really seemed to be struggling with her husband was deleted. That would make anyone a little angry and not for my sake but for hers. 

The rude abrasive comments back are just awful. I've been mocked, called a lesbian (not saying this is the worse thing, it's just not true of me and it means they creeped on pictures of my sister and I), called an idiot, told to shut the "f" up, etc and I still manage to reply to people online with grace and a good touch of sarcastic humor. So I'm not sure how she as a godly, older woman cannot.

I hate her teaching because it has hurt my friends, some of them deeply. 

Also her quoting a illuminati conspiracy theorist that compares women to used cars, a middle schoolers sociology project, and a murdering, pagan arsonist does not lend to her credibility. Just saying..... 

The one piece of her teaching that I can honestly say that I hate is her "Women weren't created in the image of God" nonsense. You can delete it, Lori, but FJ remembers. Her other stuff is legalism and offensive as hell, but that bullshit went above and beyond for me. It's not just bad theology, it's anti-women.

I never used a fake IG to communicate with her-but I was blocked for putting up Scripture verses for her to think about. She wants an echo chamber filled with yes women.

I don't hate her. I pity her. She's got everything a woman could want- a life of leisure, a big house, money to burn. But what does she do? She doesn't spend time with her grandkids or her sick mother. She doesn't volunteer her time to her church. She parks her butt in front of the computer so she can 'mentor' women. She doesn't invite women into her home to get a face-to-face connection with real people. She judges from behind a screen (and that disconnect is VAST).

47 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I am so stealing "martyrbating." :pb_lol:

I wish I could claim it as my own, but I cannot.  I don't remember where I first saw it, I would so love to credit the original! 

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

I don't actually hate Lori, it's something I try very hard not to do because I don't believe in really hating people. I do hate what she teaches because it's false doctrine. 

Same here. In fact, when I find myself particularly irritated by her, I make myself pray for her to experience joy and grow closer to God.

Her teaching is not from God, and she is mean-hearted--but I don't hate her.

I don't hate her but I immensely dislike her. I will always pushback against her because I grew up a "model family" according to her teachings and it was not a healthy upbringing for girls in that environment. It was pretty damaging. 

Reader:

That is really mean! I just don't understand how prople can treat other people so badly! If you don't like what someone is teaching the don't read what they are writing about or unfriend them! 

Where was this comment when Lori was trashing Beth Moore last week?  She goes after Sara Young all.the.time.  Next time (and Lord knows there will be a next time), why not just copy and paste this comment TO LORI??

Lori's response:

They do these things because Satan is the prince of the power of the air and he works in those who hate God. This shouldn't surprise us. They are actually fighting God and we know who will win in the end!

1) Disagreeing w/ Lori does NOT = hating God.
2) Disagreeing with Lori does NOT = "fighting" God.  

Reason: Lori IS NOT GOD!

Lori:

I have not changed what I teach since I began blogging 

Actually, we have noted contradictions and outright lies since she's been blogging.

Lori:

Yes, many "Christians" don't know or study the Word and listen to teachers who tickle their ears so when they read truth, it offends them

I think from now on, we should refer to Lori's "Christianity".  Lori is a "Christian".  See how tacky that is???  Who is she to call someone's salvation into question??

The point of today's post was to cry persecution, and then have her readers rush in to comfort her/tell her how wonderful she is/equate disagreeing with her, to disagreeing with God.

It's disgusting.  

A believer in the religion of Christ. That's what a Christian is.

Not a woman who cherry-picks Bible verses to make herself look better.

Not a woman who deceives her husband.

Not a woman who gossips about others.

And most ESPECIALLY not a woman who believes that women aren't made in the image of God.

Lori got schooled today. In the chat room, Lori said that we are not under the law and cited verses from Galatians.

Some person cited that the Gospel of Saint Matthew says that Jesus came to fulfill the Law, but she said that it was all right to disagree respectfully.

I hope Lori can explain why she prefers to focus on the Epistles rather than the Gospel.

Just-now posted question on Lori's FB:

What if they don’t hate just disagree??

They're disagreeing with GOD!!!11!eleventy!! :GRONDE:

2 minutes ago, Joyce said:

Lori got schooled today. In the chat room, Lori said that we are not under the law and cited verses from Galatians.

Some person cited that the Gospel of Saint Matthew says that Jesus came to fulfill the Law, but she said that it was all right to disagree respectfully.

I hope Lori can explain why she prefers to focus on the Epistles rather than the Gospel.

Oh, REALLY?? :laughing-rolling:

Of course, only Lori gets to define 'respectfully.' :my_rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Joyce said:

Wow, Lori is quick to disable comments on posts with comments that she disagrees. 

She's even quicker with the delete button. That comment about disagreeing is already gone.  :my_rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, Koala said:

There is no disagreeing with Lori.  You either agree with her 100%, or you HATE God and His ways!

So I hate HER god.  OK.  I can live with that.  

17 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

hatedisagree.PNG.6ffa0c9624e08a7408443cdbc475ed64.PNG

Very odd. It had disappeared a few minutes ago. I checked again, and it was back, but without Lori's comment. Now...it's there, with Lori's reply. She must have gone back and forth a bit, trying to decide whether to answer or to delete. LOL.

Her little pity party makes me believe that either we, or others within her new "viral" sphere, are getting to her.  She can't fathom the idea of being wrong so the only logical answer is that anyone who disagrees with her, hates her.

"It can't possibly be that I'm not looking at this the right way....can it....??  PHHSSHH. No. Of course not.  I'm a prophet, Ken says so.  And just look at all the righteous men who agree with me??!  Nah.  It's totally them, not me."  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived