IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it appears that Aunt Lori has been making YouTube videos... kefir, healthy chocolate, avoiding the flu... In the video about her soup, you can hear what sounds like a vacuum in the background... 

It seems she is stepping outside of her tightly drawn gender lines- it’s not Titus and how can she be sure she isn’t teaching men?!? 

Seriously, though- the majority of her fan girls can’t afford thrive market, bulk herbs, doterra (she flubs up and says she’s a distributor, but only to get them at cost) and health food stores. Not to mention her chat room member who is only permitted 500-700 calories per day. 

Love the new title!! 

I have to laugh when I saw Lori bought eggs from the "Happy Egg" company (in one of her "youtubes"). I looked at these eggs at my local upscale market. I tend to buy my eggs from individuals who keep chickens, but they were sold out, so I wondered if it was worthwhile to pay for a fancy supermarket brand.

I had to laugh when I read the carton. Not only were these chickens "free range", not only were they allowed access to pasture and such . . . but the chickens were provided with play structures to climb on!

I think it's important to treat chickens humanely, and I know from experience that chickens allowed to range around make tastier eggs. However, play structures? It seemed so condescending, so idiotic, so catering to the desires of idiots like Lori, who imagine happy chickens frolicking in their playground. I have kept chickens. They are happy to roam about a field eating ticks. I do not think they require a playground to be happy. 

I've also known egg farmers. Most of them can barely get along financially. If they have to treat a chicken like a five-year old, they might as well go out of business.

I put the eggs back because I felt that the owner of the Happy Egg company must be messing with me.

In conclusion, it is important for chickens to be free, happy, and uncaged; wives, not so much. 

Just now, ViolaSebastian said:

In conclusion, it is important for chickens to be free, happy, and uncaged; wives, not so much. 

Sad, but perfect summary of Lori' s philosophy 

Seriously, I may have to leave this thread alone. The abused starving woman is just too much. Lori's shit is toxic, harmful and hurtful, yes the craziness of it all is funny sometimes but starvation is not funny at all. If that bitch doesn't tell this poor brainwashed woman to get the fuck out before she dies, I'm done. Fuck Lori and all her woo bullshit. She looks like hell, her health is not good, she lies like a rug, who in their right mind would follow anything she says? She's stupid as hell too. Gah, ack, ugh, and AARGH!!!!

I remember trying(and mostly failing) to stick to a 1,000-calorie-a-day diet as an adolescent, who was, you know, still developing.  Granted, this was the late 70s.

5 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Seriously, I may have to leave this thread alone. The abused starving woman is just too much. Lori's shit is toxic, harmful and hurtful, yes the craziness of it all is funny sometimes but starvation is not funny at all. If that bitch doesn't tell this poor brainwashed woman to get the fuck out before she dies, I'm done. Fuck Lori and all her woo bullshit. She looks like hell, her health is not good, she lies like a rug, who in their right mind would follow anything she says? She's stupid as hell too. Gah, ack, ugh, and AARGH!!!!

I know, right? I just can't stop thinking about that.  I seriously wish we could get her contact info and reach out.

I admit, our chickens did love their chicken swing. They do like to play, but I think advertising them having toys is just a selling point due to people who are becoming more aware to factory farming practices and how it affects the animals & environment. 

Honestly Lori could EASILY keep 3 laying hens in a backyard coop for much cheaper. And it'd be more beneficial to her too. 

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

I admit, our chickens did love their chicken swing. They do like to play, but I think advertising them having toys is just a selling point due to people who are becoming more aware to factory farming practices and how it affects the animals & environment. 

Honestly Lori could EASILY keep 3 laying hens in a backyard coop for much cheaper. And it'd be more beneficial to her too. 

That's what I meant. It felt manipulative and catering to a certain mindset. I did look on their website and the "playsets" are actually little stands for them to perch on. Maybe there are no trees at their farms?

So basically the chickens have more fun than kids do at Lori's house... got it.

I've done 500 calorie days, like right before a weigh-in, but that's a DAY.  And it's hard enough for a day.  That's abuse.

1 hour ago, desertvixen said:

So basically the chickens have more fun than kids do at Lori's house... got it.

I've done 500 calorie days, like right before a weigh-in, but that's a DAY.  And it's hard enough for a day.  That's abuse.

I've only done close to that when I'm having a "bad day" as I call it. Which means I feel unwell and am in too much pain so don't eat much. I don't track though, so unsure exact calorie counts. However, knowing I have "off days" where I won't feel like eating much, I eat more on the days I feel well so weight is maintained. Staying on such a low calorie diet makes me cringe. If she's active, she'd need even more. Between 1800-2400 calories a day depending on how active she is is she's of child-bearing age. However, running on 500-700 a day, I imagine the poor woman has no energy. 

Something I just thought about, but I sincerely hope that she isn’t pregnant or breastfeeding—or even planning to get pregnant. That poor woman. 

The 500-700 calories a day sounds like the wacky "Weigh Down" cult/church Gwen Shamblin runs in Nashville.

Except for the fact that it's a woman running/ pastoring a church, I suspect Lori would absolutely adore Gwen's ideas on food. Basically GS advocates barely eating at all -- maybe be 7-10 bites of food a day.  A major tenet of the "church" is that if you're not thin, you're sinning, ungodly, not a true Christian, and hate and are defying God/ Gwen.

8 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

The 500-700 calories a day sounds like the wacky "Weigh Down" cult/church Gwen Shamblin runs in Nashville.

Except for the fact that it's a woman running/ pastoring a church, I suspect Lori would absolutely adore Gwen's ideas on food. Basically GS advocates barely eating at all -- maybe be 7-10 bites of food a day.  A major tenet of the "church" is that if you're not thin, you're sinning, ungodly, not a true Christian, and hate and are defying God/ Gwen.

I already hate this Gwen Shamblin. Have people tried to bring her down?

9 hours ago, EowynW said:

But that would involve WORK. What on earth are you thinking?

13 hours ago, jerkit said:

Has anyone in the chat room responded to the 500 calorie comment?

At least six people responded and they said it was unhealthy. But no comment from Lori Alexander.

I joined a Weigh Down group at our church about twenty years ago and quickly learned how crazy Gwen is. 

After about a week into it, I was on the tread mill first thing in the morning, listening to one of her tapes. When I heard her say "Are you going to eat breakfast this morning or are you going to be righteous and ignore that hunger?" (Paraphrased). I already had a lot of baggage about food and weight so this was NOT a healthy thought process for me. Thank goodness I realized what a kook she was. I got off that treadmill, threw the tape away and ate a huge breakfast. Sadly, when I told my fellow weigh down members of my concerns, they all looked at me like I was a quitter. They all later learned what Gwen was all about. 

I'm guessing this was really early in the building of her cult. I have since read some first hand accounts of people trying to escape her church. I will try to find a link or two. Needless to say, she is dangerous. I think Lori would find her Biblical doctrine all wrong but would agree with her on the issue of food; so might find herself quite conflicted about whether or not to promote her. 

I fell down the GS rabbit hole when a friend from Nashville told me some stories about her.

The pic above is Gwen and her granddaughters. If you think that's a WTF pic -- find one of her seriously anorexic-looking daughter. Interestingly, her husband stays out of the public eye, but is rumored to be a somewhat heavy man.

She started out as a weight loss guru with a heavy Christian slant and it evolved into a church/cult.  One of her church's beliefs to that here is no Trinity,  Much like Lori, Gwen (from what I've read) interprets Scripture so to back up what she says.  Several former "church" members have said that it's all about blindly following Gwen and what she says -- never reading Scripture on your own. If you don't you are sinning and in rebellion to God/Gwen. Former members are completely shunned by the "church".

Lots of her follower sell everything they own, pack up and move to Nashville to be part of the mother church.  Like most cults, members cut off family and friends (referred to as false Christians) who dare questions a loved one's involvement in the "church."  Members are reported to parrot that they have never been happier. more fulfilled or had a better more blessed life than after they joined Gwen's church. Church members tend to date/marry only other church members.

She and her "church" are a serious rabbit hole and a saga of WTF-ery.  Just Google:  Weigh Down or Gwen Shamblin. 

Oh and she lives in an 11,000 sq ft historic mansion built by the continued profits of her Weigh Down empire and offerings/ tithes to her "church".

Well..... Gwen is certainly following the: "the higher the hair, the closer to God" philosophy....

I can't fathom what the chat room lady must go through. If her hushed is that strict about her diet what else died she have to live up to.... its sad & frightening. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived