IGNORED

Seewalds 28: Marketing Kids as Deflection

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

It was someone - I think a Seewald family member - on Facebook, but I can't remember specifically who. I don't think it was Jessica, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't one of the parents. Maybe an aunt?

I think your right. I think it was Ben's aunt. 

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I know the Duggars went to Disney, I'd be shocked if they allowed the kids to watch it. That said, I could see Veggie Tales being permitted, and I'd personally love to see Spurgeon watching Paw Patrol or Team Umi Zoomi. I also wouldn't be too shocked if they take Spurgeon to see the new  movie ''The Star' or buy it when it hits digital/DVD. 

40 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

That said, I could see Veggie Tales being permitted...

I'm pretty sure I saw and heard one of the little folks (Jackson, maybe) singing a Veggie Tales song back on 19KAC. The might only have CDs or tapes of the music, but it wouldn't surprise me if they watched the shows as well. They provided the voices for an episode of some Christian animated show once, didn't they? Something called Life at the Pond.

Yep. According to the Duggar Family fan blog, they all contributed to an audio episode of the show.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171124-011102.thumb.jpg.dae1f94d950fe0660fe240706a942606.jpg

The Duggar kids, including Anna’s, definitely do Veggie Tales. I was suprised when it came up on my daughters  Netflix suggestions and wasn’t uber Christian like I’d imagined.

11 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

That's the thing that always rubbed me the wrong way about Jessica revealing Spurgeon's sex. I know you're excited about being an aunt but really, shouldn't you be more worried about your sister in law who just hemorrhaged?  

Yes, when my sister had both my nephew's I called my friends to tell them but I certainly didn't announce it online. My sister probably wouldn't have cared because she didn't have social media at the time but it's basically manners to wait until they parents announce it.

I think the fact that Henry doesn't look Duggary makes him even cuter. :pb_lol: it's nice to not see Jim Bob anywhere.

14 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

I do somewhat understand - but there is a time to take a stand, and that time is now. I've cut out my biological father completely (he went from skirt wearing hippie to conservative christian who loves Tomi Lahren and basically everything I'm against) and though it's tough, I know that in forty years I won't have to live with the fact I was a passive bystander.

ETA: This obviously isn't an option for everyone and each person has to decide what they have the emotional energy to do.

Yeah, my dad has always been a conservative. He chooses to debate respectfully (mostly) though and that we usually end up laughing over pie or cookies at some seriously stupid joke one of us makes that’s completely off topic. I’m able to let him know he’s an ass with shit views on some topics while also coexisting peacefully with him. I’m fairly lucky in that sense and I do feel for others who have to cut family relationships because of it. 

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I think Jessa was fine by the time Jessica posted, but it's really shitty to reveal details about a baby on social media before the baby's parents have the chance to do it themselves, no matter what! 

We didn’t keep our daughter’s sex a secret, but we did keep her name a secret. We didn’t publicly announce the birth for a full day as we adjusted to the shock of everything, so we would have been beyond pissed if our families had chosen to say anything before we did. 

13 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't shut Jessica down because she's a Trumpkin. I shut her down because she acts like a hateful twat on social media. Her anti vax post alone pretty much sealed the deal there. Voting for Trump is just the cherry on top of that hot mess sundae. 

... and now I want a sundae... :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

360fa1829a17649040aa0b4f16a607be.jpg
Not my type of entertainment...

oh, THAT Spurgeon! I genuinely thought that their Spurge had started sermonising. He always seems to have a lot to say - I was totally there for it.

oh, THAT Spurgeon! I genuinely thought that their Spurge had started sermonising. He always seems to have a lot to say - I was totally there for it.
Haha I totally thought the same thing!

48 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

It would be much more interesting in my opinion to listen to Spurgeon Seewald rather then Charles Spurgeon. 

1 hour ago, AprilQuilt said:

they did that to promote Charles Spurgeon. It was so obvious again part of their ministry. 

On 17/11/2017 at 2:12 PM, Georgiana said:

IF THERE ISN'T AT LEAST ONE DINO IN A HAT IN THIS MOVIE (like at the Creation Museum) I AM GOING TO BE SO MAD, I TELL YOU WHAT.

Is it wrong that because of the last part of the sentence I read this in Hank Hill's voice?

Re Jessica Seewald: I am glad that she seems to be living life on her own terms and wears what she wants, which is pretty big in fundie culture. Not glad that she's an unabashedly racist, anti-intellectual, anti-science, hateful asshole. And her being an ass is a lot more important than the fact that she wears clothes that show part of her ass.

1 hour ago, llg1234 said:

Ben apparently just isn't using his IG account anymore

Lawson also promoted the songs on his IG story.

I actually looked up Danielle's songs after I saw that post. She really does have a lovely voice, especially compared to other fundies who have tried to make it in music (cough, Lawson, cough). 

On 11/24/2017 at 6:52 AM, Carm_88 said:

b5d9b326103f1d2d19916535d93127d2.jpg
Henry is such a cutie!

OMG those little fat feet! Her kids are impossibly cute.

20 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

It would be much more interesting in my opinion to listen to Spurgeon Seewald rather then Charles Spurgeon. 

Agreed! Actually, I think little Spurge is a very smart little boy, for just-turned-two. He has a really good attention span and good memory and coordination, based on her videos.

8 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Agreed! Actually, I think little Spurge is a very smart little boy, for just-turned-two. He has a really good attention span and good memory and coordination, based on her videos.

Better attention span and coordination than me, and I'm 29. :pb_lol: Seriously, though, he does seem like a smart little guy and it just kills me that he's probably headed for a SOTDRT education. They're going to be doing this kid a real disservice if they rob him of the chance to get an actual education.

19 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

And her being an ass is a lot more important than the fact that she wears clothes that show part of her ass.

So true. I care first and foremost about not raising my kids to be assholes before anything else.

Maybe I missed it but how come nobody is talking about Henry's dollhouse picture? A boy with a dollhouse (pink floors and everything!)! In a fundy family! Online for people to see! That's a huge step away from their parents' beliefs about gender roles.

If the Seewalds hadn't been my pet fundies for a while, they would be now.

55 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Maybe I missed it but how come nobody is talking about Henry's dollhouse picture?

I seem to have missed that one. Can you post it or link to it?

13 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Ben apparently just isn't using his IG account anymore

I wonder if it's actually Jessa IGing and referring to Danielle as her sister (Not Binjermin hijacking her account) I know the girls refer to Anna as their sister so I'm not sure if Jessa would really make the point to specify "My sister in law." 

Totally irrelevant but wanted to comment. 

6 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Maybe I missed it but how come nobody is talking about Henry's dollhouse picture? A boy with a dollhouse (pink floors and everything!)! In a fundy family! Online for people to see! That's a huge step away from their parents' beliefs about gender roles.

It looks like that picture was taken  at the TTH so not his dollhouse. Still it's good that they let him play with it.

5 hours ago, LacyMay said:

wonder if it's actually Jessa IGing and referring to Danielle as her sister (Not Binjermin hijacking her account) I know

Nope, Been made a video himself and put it on Jessa's IG.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived