IGNORED

Dillards 45: The Grift Goes On

Coconut Flan

What I am about to say may make me seem, at best, obtuse, but please be kind.  Bathroom laws of any kind kinda drive me crazy.  I mean, I grew up outside of NYC.  And while it was not an every day occurance, it was certainly not unusual,  to be sharing a public bathroom with a person t hat in today's language would probably be called a transgender woman, but in those days ( many years ago) were referred to as cross dressers.  That is it any labels were given at all.  Generally  a nod and a smile would be exchanged--sometimes basic  pleasantries, and I remember a couple of times actual conversations.  It was never really a surprise, never was I uncomfortable (although it did seem  that the other party may have been once or twice)  I just dont understand why people cannot just be nice. And if nice cannot be achieved, just dont be hurtful and cruel.  Personally I think being mean takes way more energy.  

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, llg1234 said:

Jill needs PR training from Jessa (or the Bates). Posting a blurry photo of your husband's failing fundraiser is not a good way to win people over. Nothing about this looks appealing. 

[snip]

Is this dirty-looking asshat literally asking for ten thousand dollars to pay for his schooling?  When he got essentially just got fired from his decently paying job for harassment?  

38 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I think it is PARTICULARLY appropriate since I can think of no celebrity with a longer and stronger history of LGBTQ+ advocacy than Cher.  She's overcome a lot in her life, worked hard, and STILL finds time to advocate to make the world a better place.

Derick could learn a lot from her.  But she'd probably tear him to shreds first.  

No lie, I'd donate alot of money to see Cheer do that! :giggle:

The fact that he's giving "personalized messages" (on youtube, for all to see) for big donors is hysterical. This dude's ego is the size of Jupiter. 

9 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Is this dirty-looking asshat literally asking for ten thousand dollars to pay for his schooling?  When he got essentially just got fired from his decently paying job for harassment?  

You got it.

Seriously, the nerve of him! 

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The fact that he's giving "personalized messages" (on youtube, for all to see) for big donors is hysterical. This dude's ego is the size of Jupiter. 

He must really think a lot of himself if he believes personal messages from him are a privilege worth paying for.

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

Wait, Dirty Jesus was fired from Walmart for harassment?!  

Intersex has been mentioned, but the guevedoces are also really interesting examples of those who defy our traditional notions of gender. Just in case you can't read the link at the moment, these are people who appear to be female at birth, but develop penises around puberty (usually age 12, hence the "doce" in the name).  Fascinating and not well known, I've noticed, but a great way to complicate simplistic notions of sex and gender: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34290981

@MarblesMom I believe the reference was to Dwreck losing his TLC time, not his Walmart position. The exact circumstances there are still muddy, AFAIK. 

What is so funny is that I thought his WM job was the decently paying one, not the TLC role.  LOL

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

For the record, there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking for citations, I agree. That's fair and if I really didn't want to give any sources I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place, and I did give a bathroom specific example. I agree that the homeless shelter incidents weren't the same thing, I just liked what the blog had to say about it. Some other sites reported it as a bathroom incident, but looking into it shows that only one of those incidents happened in a bathroom.

No one said no trans people commit crimes, but several people did indeed say (or quote someone saying) that trans people have literally never committed any bathroom crimes. That was a common talking point that seems to be used less these days. I got hung up on that statement completely accurate (not the first time I've gotten hung up on that kind of thing when I should just let it go) and I wish I had never brought it up in  the first place.

Actually and sorry, i know you're done with it but i just saw it, you didn't. You gave one example from a fitting room which was voyeurism and then another from a fight/beating of a woman in 1999. Neither of which are sexual assault crimes in a bathroom. If you have to go back 19 years for an example, we are grasping at straws yes?

41 minutes ago, HurricaneBells said:

Actually and sorry, i know your done with it but i just saw it, you didn't. You gave one example from a fitting room which was voyeurism and then another from a fight/beating of a woman in 1999. Neither of which are sexual assault crimes in a bathroom. If you have to go back 19 years for an example, we are grasping at straws yes?

I said "violence and sexual crimes" and gave an example of both. The point wasn't that they're common because they're not, it was that it isn't actually helpful to say that such crimes literally never happen because all it takes is one case to prove that wrong. A lot of people on this thread have given examples of better ways to argue against bathroom bills (which do affect changing rooms and locker rooms as well as bathrooms). It's not fair to hold any group to a standard where the validity of their cause could be challenged by a single criminal individual. 

Edit: And yeah, I really am done now. I think the point has been made and I'm not helping anything by continuing this. I really do agree with everyone else that trans women are not a threat.

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

Is this dirty-looking asshat literally asking for ten thousand dollars to pay for his schooling?

I'm going to guess it's for his schooling, and for additional expenses he doesn't intend to work to pay for himself while others pay for his schooling.  

1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

I'm going to guess it's for his schooling, and for additional expenses he doesn't intend to work to pay for himself while others pay for his schooling.  

I hope those expenses include soap and a hairbrush.

Derick should really just lay low and get a job. It's a shame because he has the education for it unlike Jill whose education was botched by the SOTDRT. The fact that he is resorting to gritting rather than doing the right thing (which wouldn't be that hard) is just infuriating.

Newsflash Derick! Go Fund Me is for people who really need help, not lazy grifters like you!

I assumed the large offline donation was the sum from his previous fund raising website so it is easier to keep track of his total amount.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

he reminds me of mister rogers at this point. all the humpers are waiting for a special mirror any day 

17 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Derick should really just lay low and get a job. It's a shame because he has the education for it unlike Jill whose education was botched by the SOTDRT. The fact that he is resorting to gritting rather than doing the right thing (which wouldn't be that hard) is just infuriating.

Newsflash Derick! Go Fund Me is for people who really need help, not lazy grifters like you!

you know you have lost it when TLC fires you.....and people are not supporting you anymore.  Gone are the days for Derick being the golden one....who would have thought that. 

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

Wait, Dirty Jesus was fired from Walmart for harassment?!  

who did he harass? details details. Bueller

Cathy seriously needs to step back and let her baby boy fight his own battles. She is not doing him any favours. He's a grown man with a wife and two children. It looks utterly ridiculous for his mother to be constantly popping up on his social media to defend him. If he can't take the heat, he needs to get out of the fire. Is she going to tag along on his $10k mission trips so she can jump in to defend him whenever some heathen he's trying to convert questions him?

24 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Someone asked if they can donate a flaming bag of dog shit to their front door? :pb_lol:

I'd add some common sense, because obviously Derick needs it.

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Cathy seriously needs to step back and let her baby boy fight his own battles. She is not doing him any favours. He's a grown man with a wife and two children. It looks utterly ridiculous for his mother to be constantly popping up on his social media to defend him. If he can't take the heat, he needs to get out of the fire. Is she going to tag along on his $10k mission trips so she can jump in to defend him whenever some heathen he's trying to convert questions him?

I wonder if Derick asked her to get involved? 

Has she 'defended' him before?

Either way, more ugh. 

The grifter cleaned up his donations.  He either reject a bunch of $Abes or the donors went “anonymous”!  He is such an ass.  

Derrick bashes the LGBTQ individuals. Derrick gets it thrown back in his face.  Mommy Dillard defends her baby.  

I think the go fund me account should be used to send true missionaries on a legitimate mission.  

Derick and a Jill need to quit asking for money to fund these pipe dreams they create. Their "mission" to Central America was a joke. None of the churches would support them. Derick continues to want the key humpers to fund his next adventure. Sorry guy. The gravy train only lasts so long. I wonder if behind closed doors Jill tolerates the bull he spews.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived