IGNORED

Welcome and Intros

Palimpsest

I just realised that I never told you here: At the beginning of fall last year a hamster moved in with us. Life was so boring without one. We were on a waiting list for a new one and thought we would get a new hamster round about Christmas. No. Way sooner. We got her from the same breeder that we got our first one from. She is pitch black with two small white spots on her belly and just like her appearance her character is different from our first hamster. Very different. She is shy and does not want to be held, she jumps away when we try to rescue her from falling down the cabinet she somehow climbed on. She already got more courageous than she was during her first weeks, back then she barely came out of her house. Everytime she realized we looked at her, she went back in. Now she (kind of) demands her evening walks in the rooms we hamster-proofed, she enters her hamster taxi very willingly and we can touch her when she is in the mood...touch not hold but we have hope that we will get there. Hopefully, because right now I have no idea how I should take her to a vet without stressing her (and us honestly) to much. And she is so silent. Hamsterlady I. was so loud, in comparison to Hamsterlady II. she literally stomped. While Hamsterlady II. is touching the ground like a feather. And she does not like cucumber.

Edited by Scrabblemaster
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya, I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post a cat picture but I couldn't find a cat thread. So mods, please feel free to move this if there's a more appropriate place.

Just wanted to show you my housemate's seven-month-old kitty Lilith, modelling her new collar! Isn't she a little sweetie? 

kitty in red.jpg

• Love 5

@moodygirl86, Lillith is a cutie pie! ?

As far as the "right" place to post, the Pet Club ought to be a good spot, but a lot of us don't seem to remember to check the clubs. If you want to post Lillith's picture in a thread that gets more attention, I'd try here:

I hope you keep sharing her pics. I love watching cats grow up!

• Thank You 1

14 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@moodygirl86, Lillith is a cutie pie! ?

As far as the "right" place to post, the Pet Club ought to be a good spot, but a lot of us don't seem to remember to check the clubs. If you want to post Lillith's picture in a thread that gets more attention, I'd try here:

I hope you keep sharing her pics. I love watching cats grow up!

Perfect, thanks! Will do. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I have to tell you that Hamsterlade II. crossed the rainbow bridge a couple of days ago. She was very sick with a uterine inflammation. We went to the vet and she put her to sleep. She had an uterine inflammation in January, but back then it was curable with medication. This time it was obvious that medication would not help. She went from "everything is fine, where is my daily zuccini" to "I am bleeding and can't walk" in 3 three days.  Her death came very sudden for us, we are still shocked. We are so sad that she is gone, she could have easily lived another 5 months if this did not have happened. So we are a hamsterless household for now.

• Love 4

• 8 months later...

Am I  the only one here?

Well, I have news!

A cute little shy dwarf hamster boy entered the family Scrabblemaster! He is awesome but shy, I have problems taking pictures because he vanishes to his cave when he sees us. He loves his wheel, he is so so fast. He has a cute grey fur. He likes to pee in his wheel. Which is better than free peeing anywhere but worse than peeing in his sand-toilet. I can clean the wheel without any problems, so I am okay with it. He steps on our hands if there is food on our hands, something the ladys never did. So that is wonderful. We love him, he is tiny but a blast!

We rescued him from a local rescue organization and I learned so much with them. I know our hamster ladys had a wonderful life with us, I now know I could have improved it even more. Dwarf hamsters are different from golden hamsters, so we are still learning.

Zebedee you had a dwarf hamster, didn't you?

@Zebedee

Edited by Scrabblemaster
  • Love 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.