IGNORED

Maxwell 15: Simplifying Thanksgiving into Less than Regular Dinner

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Something like Ayyyyiiiieeennnnnnnddddd

Yes, remember Anna's rendition of "Trust eeeeeend Obey"?

@sparklesIt's good to hear Mary is actually studying from some legitimate sources.  As for the illustrations in the Before and After book that Steve wouldn't approve, remember what they did with their worldly music books?

Either the words were blacked out, or the page was ripped out completely.  In this case I'm guessing ripped out completely.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, sparkles said:

Okay, I'm gonna kinda sorta defend Mary here and then I'm going to go slam my fingers in a door or something, a la Dobby.

I"m a graphic designer and I use stock photo services like Shutterstock all the time, as does nearly every designer I know. I've even recognized stock images in campaigns from major agencies for big corporations. It's what you do with the stock image that counts. Granted, Mary's done very little with this cover (and I don't know how how it relates to the story) but there's nothing wrong with clean, minimalist design. It takes skill to know what the leave out (white space is your friend!) as it does to know what to add.

I'll be the first to admit that I've been a big critic of Mary's art and her supposed study, but I'll also admit that it looks like 1. she's improving and 2. she is doing some legitimate study.

Aside from a few workshops, I'm completely self-taught, using books, magazines, online services and the like. One of the very best graphic design resources around is John McWade's Before & After, which used to be an independent publication and is now part of lynda.com. One of the blog headers talking about Mary's study clearly featured issues of Before & After, which surprised the hell out of me. There's absolutely nothing remotely fundie or religious about it and there are been a few illustrations that probably gave Steve the vapors. B&A really can't be beat and if Mary's using it as a learning tool, it can only do her a world of good and is probably a good reason why she's improved.

https://blog.titus2.com/2017/05/31/a-day-in-the-life-of-mary-maxwell/

So yeah, as much as it pains me, I have to give credit where credit is due. There's still a world of bullshit to snark on.

I have no problem with using stock photos.  I have used them myself for design and marketing purposes.  But when you try to brainwash your fans that the siblings are best friends, someone needs to point out the obvious.  Best friend photographer brother couldn't even take a picture of a cat or a "no such thing as a white lab" dog for his sister.  And best friend sister couldn't draw a cat for her sister.  On top of all that, taking a pic off shutterstock and adding flowers to the top isn't "intense." 

Dear lord... I just watched the crazy Thanksgiving wishes video. What was up with Anna? And Mary, oh poor Mary. Poor, poor, over-sheltered Mary. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.  And the one getting married--X days until my wedding I can leave and have sex.

21 hours ago, socalrules said:

I don’t get why she just didn’t use Ellie or Terri’s cat for the cover of the book. It would have been a nice touch. 

Steve is just trying to protect Ellie and Arnold's privacy. 

Someone left this comment on the last post:                                                           

Hannah W. says:

November 28, 2017 at 1:17 am

I love you guys so much! Y’all are so encouraging and sweet. I am twelve years old and my Dad, Mom, and two year old brother passed away this year and your blogs have really helped me get through the tough times. Please pray for me I am going to be going through some pretty big changes. I love your family so much! I have all of the Moody books and I love them I read them all of the time! I love when the twins are born! When is Anna Marie’s baby due? Her bump is so cute! I hope you have a good week!
– Hannah W.

Poor Hannah W.

Sarah gave her a nice reply.  So glad it wasn't monosyllabic Steve who answered.

I was browsing something else and came across this. No idea who maintains it. It’s got a directory of most of the people we discuss here. Interestingly, it lists Mary’s middle name as Carol. No idea where they got that from, unless they found something we haven’t or know the family in some way. Obviously it’s not any kind of official site so we may need to take things with a pinch of salt, but interesting nonetheless. 

http://fundamentalists.wikia.com/wiki/Maxwell_Family

Interesting that they dug up Mary’s middle name but didn’t include Sussannah’s well known middle name (Joy).

I’m not impressed by how lightly they go over the families beliefs, not mentioning sheltering or scheduling, two of the Maxwell’s main obsessions.

7 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

No idea who maintains it.

I looked up the only username I saw on the Recent Edits of the Wiki (dah1515) and also found that someone using the same name contributed an article about Columbian law to an essay website. It's a stretch, but perhaps there might be a tie to them and the Duggars?

7 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I was browsing something else and came across this. No idea who maintains it. It’s got a directory of most of the people we discuss here. Interestingly, it lists Mary’s middle name as Carol. No idea where they got that from, unless they found something we haven’t or know the family in some way. Obviously it’s not any kind of official site so we may need to take things with a pinch of salt, but interesting nonetheless. 

http://fundamentalists.wikia.com/wiki/Maxwell_Family

I remember reading that Sarah's middle name is Rae (which I think is very pretty - Sarah Rae Maxwell has a nice flow to it); not sure if I've ever seen anything about Mary's middle name. But Chris's full name...GREAT SCOTT!

I think these are only very, very basic summaries. It has a page for the Andersons and PP’s crazy-fucker antics are not mentioned at all.

Thanksgiving recap.  Stud John was in Maxhell on Thanksgiving.  Bet Coward Steve insisted on it.  They did a Turkey Trot not an actual race.  And Bible time.  Danny looks just like Josh.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I remember reading that Sarah's middle name is Rae (which I think is very pretty - Sarah Rae Maxwell has a nice flow to it); not sure if I've ever seen anything about Mary's middle name. But Chris's full name...GREAT SCOTT!

Could it be about the eyes?

great-scott-christopher-lloyd-keen-for-b

Ok, first of all the Bontragers had good food (first three pics)

Then they had another John and Chelsy's house pic. 

And a Bridal Shower! Can't wait for those pics, I hope Chelsy does a blog. Unless it wasn't her shower.

Then, did you notice Terri on the floor in the latest Maxwell post? Her back pain must be awful 

IMG_2887.PNG

IMG_2888.PNG

IMG_2889.PNG

IMG_3053.PNG

O

IMG_3055.PNG

IMG_3056.JPG

IMG_3057.PNG

IMG_3054.PNG

On instagram people post pics that stay there, and they also post "stories" that only last 24 hours. You have to click on the profile pic of the bontrager instagram to see the stories. They do stories often. You have to screenshot them to save them.

the terri one came from titus2

So, Chel's family came to help with the house but they weren't featured for being such WONDERFUL workers on the Mahell's blog? Nice. NOT.

I really wish these two leave Kansas and live closer to her family, but know it won't happen. sigh

Her family looks dangerously close to "fun," but, of course, they have exactly the same beliefs and values--they are just more "camera savvy" to steal Sarah's hipster-lingo from today's post! Oh that Danny.... ga! It's all about boys

In today's post--amazed the dog gets to be on the furniture but poor Terri can't have a damned Pepsi.

the photo of their Thanksgiving table makes me want to turn the lights on.  the room is poorly lit; the light seems to be coming from the kitchen side of the room; there is no accent/mood lighting; the whole room looks dim and dreary.  i'm surprised Sarah thinks that was blog-worthy.

9 minutes ago, jiggleromp said:

Holy crap!  What is that thing Teri is strapped into?

I hope it helps her pain but it looks disturbing. When I saw it I thought it looked like someone would place her upright in a minute so she can be crucified. 

I totally didn't see it at first.  It looks like whatever it is she is in it for a long time.  Someone has draped a blanket over her?

Queue the post about how some got the hint on the last post. Teri was expecting a backache but Steve suggested she employ the new posture pump. Praising the Lord for this new back device. Here's a picture of a cat.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived