IGNORED

Maxwell 15: Simplifying Thanksgiving into Less than Regular Dinner

Coconut Flan

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lilith said:

John made it to the Bontragers for thanksgiving, so it seems he got a decent meal.

6A3978BF-3A9F-4020-9A2D-23A2CFE66B8A.png

Thank Rufus he didn't have to eat Seven Layer Salad and two animal crackers.

I think their speech patterns fall into the “family accent” model, in which kids are so isolated that younger siblings pick up the speech patterns of older ones, sometimes replicating speech impediments. We’ve noticed this among the Arndts.

WOW I finally watched the video and it is as bad as people said. Mary in particular comes across like I did in late middle school/maybe early high school (so young teen) but she's an adult now. Sarah on the other hand, seems happy and with-it. As did Jesse and John. I think Anna and Mary need to spend less time with the grandkids and more time with fundie maidens their own age! 

9 hours ago, lilith said:

John made it to the Bontragers for thanksgiving, so it seems he got a decent meal.

6A3978BF-3A9F-4020-9A2D-23A2CFE66B8A.png

Wine glasses! Looks like they're filled with water, but still. Steve will have a conniption if Chelsy uses wine glasses for dinner in "John's house".

18 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

Wine glasses! Looks like they're filled with water, but still. Steve will have a conniption if Chelsy uses wine glasses for dinner in "John's house".

What if Chelsy and John have wine glasses at their wedding and they put *gasp* sparkling juice in them?!?! 

New post up about random life moments. Love the little photo of Ruthie at the end. There was also a guys’ night out at one point. Nathan looks so old in the photo. Receding hairlines do not help.

2 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

My mother has something like this - they'd be BIG wine glasses if used for that purpose so we used to use them for water for holiday meals.

And good for John for getting away for Thanksgiving, although the Bontrager meal was belated?  Perhaps he still ate with his family on Turkey day itself?  If so, I'm sure he's comparing the meals and finding his own family's was pathetic next to the Bontragers!

1 hour ago, Bajovane said:

My mother has something like this - they'd be BIG wine glasses if used for that purpose so we used to use them for water for holiday meals.

And good for John for getting away for Thanksgiving, although the Bontrager meal was belated?  Perhaps he still ate with his family on Turkey day itself?  If so, I'm sure he's comparing the meals and finding his own family's was pathetic next to the Bontragers!

They have the same meal every year, as per the spreadsheet, so I think he'd be thinking that either way!

As for alcohol in big glasses, did you know that those lines are actually there for a reason? The middle line in those plastic red cups is supposed to be the wine line, and the line really close to the bottom is the one for vodka. Wellllll I didn't until recently *hic* 

10 hours ago, neurogirl said:

WOW I finally watched the video and it is as bad as people said. Mary in particular comes across like I did in late middle school/maybe early high school (so young teen) but she's an adult now. Sarah on the other hand, seems happy and with-it. As did Jesse and John. I think Anna and Mary need to spend less time with the grandkids and more time with fundie maidens their own age! 

As to spending time outside the "safety" of the family: bwahahahhaahhahahahahhah

14 hours ago, theologygeek said:

John went to Chelsy's house for Thanksgiving. 

YEAH!!! I hope he had THREE kinds of pie--all with whipped cream and ALL washed down with Pepsi!

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What if Chelsy and John have wine glasses at their wedding and they put *gasp* sparkling juice in them?!?! 

They would be fast-trackin' on Satan's Slip'n'Slide, for sure.

3 hours ago, nomoxian said:

As for alcohol in big glasses, did you know that those lines are actually there for a reason? The middle line in those plastic red cups is supposed to be the wine line, and the line really close to the bottom is the one for vodka. Wellllll I didn't until recently *hic* 

Someone more talented than I needs to update the lyric's to Toby Keith's Red Solo Cup:

Now a red solo cup is the best receptacle
For barbecues tailgates fairs and festivals
And you sir do not have a pair of testicles
If you prefer drinking from glass
A red solos cup is cheap and disposable
And in fourteen years they are decomposable
And unlike my home they are not fore-closable
Freddie Mac can kiss my ass woo
Red solo cup I fill you up
Let's have a party let's have a party
I love you red solo cup I lift you up
Proceed to party proceed to party
Now I really love how your easy to stack
But I really hate how your easy to crack
'Cause when beer runs down the front of my back
Well that my friends is quite yucky
But I have to admit that the ladies get smitten
Admiring how sharply my first name is written
On you with a sharpie when I get to hittin'
On them to help me get lucky
Now I've seen you in blue and I've seen you in yellow
But only you red will do for this fellow
'Cause you are my Abbot to my Costello
And you are the fruit to my loom
Red solo cup you're more than just plastic
You're more than amazing you're more than fantastic
And believe me that I'm not the least bit sarcastic
When I look at you and say
Red solo cup, you're not just a cup. (No, no, God no)
You're my, you're my friend. (Friend, friend, friend, life long)
Thank you for being my friend.
Red solo cup, red solo cup (I fill you up, let's have a party)
Let's have a party (Let's have a party) Let's have a party
(Red solo cup) Oh red solo cup (I lift you up)
Let's have a party, proceed to party yeah yeah

Either Sarah is lying, or no one told her that the book cover came from shutterstock.com  "Speaking of intense, Mary pulled off ten illustrations and a beautiful book cover in two weeks. Coffee was a must!" 

32 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Either Sarah is lying, or no one told her that the book cover came from shutterstock.com  "Speaking of intense, Mary pulled off ten illustrations and a beautiful book cover in two weeks. Coffee was a must!" 

Yes, let's "prove" that Mary is truly "studying" Graphic Design. I pulled up my free copy of Summer With the Moodys to see if she'd illustrated it, but no Gram illustrated the first edition and someone else the revised. It too has what seems to be a stock photo on the cover.  I guess Mary is so busy keeping the books for FOUR businesses (all owned by her family and all taking less than 5 minutes per week) [Or is that Anna] that she didn't have time to "design" a cover so she bought a stock photo of a dog. Or is that HER dog. I'm so confused. Their life is THAT boring.

And...She got the idea of the town hall meeting from her brother, who went to one with his daughter to protest the amount of chickens one can own.  The ordinance says 10 chickens.  Nathan wanted 15.  From the minutes at the City of Leavenworth's meeting.  "Nathan Maxwell and his daughter addressed the Commission. Mr. Maxwell discussed when chickens are purchased and rotation of flock. He felt that for his family 15 is a good number. They do not keep roosters because of the noise." 

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh Arnold! I wish you could talk! The stories you would tell!

Love me some Arnold.  Him and Ellie are my fab Maxwells.

5 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Anna was traveling somewhere. I wonder where. 

Goofy Anna was traveling to the local OCC drop off location.  That is all.

7 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

There was also a guys’ night out at one point. Nathan looks so old in the photo. Receding hairlines do not help.

Closest thing to a bachelor party in Maxhell.  Looks like they are eating the only restaurant cuisine allowed in Maxhell Mexican.  Wanna bet Coward Steve chose the restaurant?

16 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I bet all fundie maidens sound like that except for Poor Sarah.

7 hours ago, Bajovane said:

Perhaps he still ate with his family on Turkey day itself?  

I hope not.

24 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Love me some Arnold.  Him and Ellie are my fab Maxwells.

Goofy Anna was traveling to the local OCC drop off location.  That is all.

Closest thing to a bachelor party in Maxhell.  Looks like they are eating the only restaurant cuisine allowed in Maxhell Mexican.  Wanna bet Coward Steve chose the restaurant?

I wonder if anyone got a burrito and was surprised that some came with more than beans and cheese. Carne asada burritos would probably blow their minds. 

I don’t get why she just didn’t use Ellie or Terri’s cat for the cover of the book. It would have been a nice touch. 

3 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Okay, I'm gonna kinda sorta defend Mary here and then I'm going to go slam my fingers in a door or something, a la Dobby.

I"m a graphic designer and I use stock photo services like Shutterstock all the time, as does nearly every designer I know. I've even recognized stock images in campaigns from major agencies for big corporations. It's what you do with the stock image that counts. Granted, Mary's done very little with this cover (and I don't know how how it relates to the story) but there's nothing wrong with clean, minimalist design. It takes skill to know what the leave out (white space is your friend!) as it does to know what to add.

Yes, let's "prove" that Mary is truly "studying" Graphic Design. 

I'll be the first to admit that I've been a big critic of Mary's art and her supposed study, but I'll also admit that it looks like 1. she's improving and 2. she is doing some legitimate study.

Aside from a few workshops, I'm completely self-taught, using books, magazines, online services and the like. One of the very best graphic design resources around is John McWade's Before & After, which used to be an independent publication and is now part of lynda.com. One of the blog headers talking about Mary's study clearly featured issues of Before & After, which surprised the hell out of me. There's absolutely nothing remotely fundie or religious about it and there are been a few illustrations that probably gave Steve the vapors. B&A really can't be beat and if Mary's using it as a learning tool, it can only do her a world of good and is probably a good reason why she's improved.

https://blog.titus2.com/2017/05/31/a-day-in-the-life-of-mary-maxwell/

So yeah, as much as it pains me, I have to give credit where credit is due. There's still a world of bullshit to snark on.

On 11/25/2017 at 8:49 PM, Odd1Out said:

But I definitely think Anna and Mary have been watching video of Anna Duggar. Their mannerisms and facial expressions are almost exact copies of her.

I agree. What gets me is how the Maxwell girls, Duggars, Kellers etc. pronounce “and”. I can’t pinpoint what it is or spell it out phonetically. Does anyone else know what I mean?

11 hours ago, socalrules said:

I wonder if anyone got a burrito and was surprised that some came with more than beans and cheese. Carne asada burritos would probably blow their minds. 

I don’t get why she just didn’t use Ellie or Terri’s cat for the cover of the book. It would have been a nice touch. 

They would not be suprised because Maxwells cannot taste the difference between beef burritos and bean burritos - Steve pronounced it so many years ago.

5 hours ago, snowfootwaltz said:

I agree. What gets me is how the Maxwell girls, Duggars, Kellers etc. pronounce “and”. I can’t pinpoint what it is or spell it out phonetically. Does anyone else know what I mean?

Something like Ayyyyiiiieeennnnnnnddddd

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived