IGNORED

Zoey Joy Webster Is Now Here (update)

Oh_Dear!

Wow. I mean I shouldn't be shocked but I was expecting a bit more of a gap. Silly me. Interesting to see if the trend with boy grandchildren for the Duggars and girl grandchildren for the Bates will continue. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This picture just doesn't scream happy to me..

7 hours ago, Seren Ann said:

Alyssa Webster is due on the 2nd of April, per her instagram stories.

ZoeyJoyWebster.png

This is why it's important to pay more attention to fundie actions rather than words.They say one thing, but their actions betray them. I seriously doubt ANY Bates pregnancy was a surprise.

Oh well, no surprises here. They live to breed. Hope for good health for Alyssa and all her babies... And good luck dealing with 3 small children at once!

Yet again fundies remind me, that I can't escape adulthood. First Joy, younger then me, married & preggars, now Allysa, older me, having a 3rd baby... Damn! Fundy American families are hardly the norm when it comes to the a age of starting a family, but still, looks like my childhood is over XD

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Alyssa carries very small. So that picture could be recent. 

Zooming in on her picture tells me that her ultrasound pictures are probably from the one they do close to midway through the pregnancy. That's also when you often find out the sex. They usually schedule those 16-20 weeks pregnant. 

Based on the due date she listed, she's currently 17 weeks pregnant. The anatomy scan is typically done between 18 and 22 weeks to see development of baby's heart.  She could have had a 12 week ultrasound and done a blood test to find out the sex.  I found out at 13 weeks that I'm having a girl.

I remember Kelly saying something about Alyssa waiting for baby 2 but then she got pregnant. I get the impression that Alyssa was hoping to space her kids out more. Her oldest and my oldest are the same age, and her second is about 6m older than mine. I cannot imagine being pregnant and taking care of  two little ones. Yikes! 

2 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Based on the due date she listed, she's currently 17 weeks pregnant. The anatomy scan is typically done between 18 and 22 weeks to see development of baby's heart.  She could have had a 12 week ultrasound and done a blood test to find out the sex.  I found out at 13 weeks that I'm having a girl.

The due date she listed was April 2, which would make her 19 and a half weeks pregnant. The ultrasound was most likely her anatomy scan, though I wouldn't know if she found out earlier about the sex or not.

16 hours ago, crazysnark said:

I am genuinely shocked. This either was an accident or they messed up with NFP or something.  I was reading the comments and one poster who knows the family said she was shocked because she talked to Erin not too long ago and Erin said she was almost sure Alyssa and John were done with 2! I hope after this one she finds a method of birth control that is more reliable because at this rate and age she is going to end up in the double digits very soon. 

Was it actually someone we can verify knows the family, or someone who says they do on insta?  Because those are very different!

I still don't think this is "proof", even if it's a hallmarked-verified family friend, because tons of people don't share when they're trying for a baby, because they think it's private etc.  I have at least 2 friends who were publicly non-committal, especially with aunts/family friends, even though they weren't having fertility issues.

I am reminded of how the British press used photos of Princess Diana, when I read the analyses of insta photos on here.   Paper A would take a photo from a papped picture of Diana leaving the gym, and she'd be, I dunno, looking up to the sky, or frowning, and this was evidence of Di's deep anguish.  Paper B would have a phto clearly from the same set, and she'd be smiling, and it was Di glowing with excitement.  But really it was just that people with mobile faces will go through a ton of expressions in a 3 minute interval.

And the insta photos are mostly just mobile phone snaps, or maybe a DSLR snaps.   Alyssa's are going to be by her husband, who's not a portrait artist, and they're not thinking of every little thing, and how it can be interpreted.  They're just standard pics, and I don't think we can use them for mood divination etc.   Especially when full of photos of toddlers and babies, because wow it's hard to get everyone smiling at the camera at the same time!

I wouldn't really read anything about Alyssa's happiness or lack thereof into her facial expressions. Much like Allie Jane, she tends to look serious a lot of the time. And I've seen her making that serious/concerned/puzzled face in countless other photos. Maybe she thinks it looks elegant or stylish, or frankly maybe she just looks like that. She's never been one for the big toothy fake fundie smiles, so I wouldn't assume that she's not happy just based on that, much like I wouldn't assume some other fundie woman is genuinely thrilled to be having her eighth kid in eight years just because she has a giant smile plastered over her face.

I have a cousin who posts these pictures of herself on Facebook where she look terrifying, like the camera murdered her child. She looks genuinely enraged, as though she's going to come through your computer screen and devour you whole. I have no idea why she makes that face. She thinks it looks awesome, and apparently so do all her friends! In real life, she's a very kind, pleasant, and good-natured person. She just takes incredibly weird-ass selfies.

I always figured Alyssa would have 5-6 kids, probably fairly quickly, and then stop. This might have been an accident, or maybe not.

As for her commenting that they have their hands full with 1 or 2....plenty of people give polite responses when people ask questions that are none of their business. As someone who struggled with getting pregnant and having multiple losses, I gave polite responses like that all the time. Whenever people would badger me about having kids I'd always say something like, "We will eventually" or "We're just busy with life right now" when what I really wanted to say is "Shut the fuck up, we've been trying for years and keep losing pregnancies."

I agree with other posters that she might be trying to spell her name with her daughter's names since she added a y to Zoe. Will they try to spell John's name with the boy names? The O name will be difficult. If they don't go for cutsie names for the boys, I think they would choose Obadiah or Octavious if he is the eighth child.

I fear for the future of these three girls. I fear that their childhoods will be cut short and they will be put to work helping their mom raise her quiver. They will be seen as God's provision for making it possible for her to have eleventy kids.

5 hours ago, coffeebean7 said:

I remember Kelly saying something about Alyssa waiting for baby 2 but then she got pregnant. I get the impression that Alyssa was hoping to space her kids out more. Her oldest and my oldest are the same age, and her second is about 6m older than mine. I cannot imagine being pregnant and taking care of  two little ones. Yikes! 

Yeah, well, hoping isn't how you avoid pregnancy.

We don't know how planned this was. You don't have to have a lot of time for sweet fellowship to get pregnant, once at the right time may be enough (baby 2 came to us that time we were just testing the whole thing with trying for a baby and thinking it would take at least as long as with our daughter three years ago which was 3 months but no...) Even if you are not using birth control you can still be a little surprised. 

1 hour ago, Ali said:

I agree with other posters that she might be trying to spell her name with her daughter's names since she added a y to Zoe. Will they try to spell John's name with the boy names? The O name will be difficult. If they don't go for cutsie names for the boys, I think they would choose Obadiah or Octavious if he is the eighth child.

If she did an O name I could see it being Ollie or Oliver.  Ollie seems like her style.

4 hours ago, Lurky said:

Alyssa's are going to be by her husband, who's not a portrait artist, and they're not thinking of every little thing, and how it can be interpreted.  They're just standard pics, and I don't think we can use them for mood divination etc.   Especially when full of photos of toddlers and babies, because wow it's hard to get everyone smiling at the camera at the same time!

I don’t know if you’re speaking generally but these photos of Alyssa were done by a photographer. Albeit not a very good or experienced one judging by their Instagram. 

That said, she looks pretty excited to me:

5FBF0FC0-CBD1-4C7B-B045-0C89BC710E3F.thumb.jpeg.f68bdcf32b305683396cfbffb07f88e5.jpeg

53 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Yeah, well, hoping isn't how you avoid pregnancy.

Yep. And consider how much misinformation there is about birth control out there even among the general population. I know educated people who really don't understand the basics of ovulation and the stages of pregnancy. 

Now consider how misinformed Fundies must be. I don't think there's any way that Alyssa and John are doing NFP if they have decided to prevent. They are doing the rhythm method at the most. Or else one of Alyssa's friends of a friend told her if she does jumping jacks after sex she can't get pregnant or some other completely made up crap. And they pray real hard and assume that will make everything work out because it's worked so far for them.

Really effective birth control for fertile young adults requires taking consistent and concrete steps. That's going to be a big jump for them.

I'm also completely open to the idea that Alyssa does plan on having nineteen kids and is just as shady as her parents in how she discusses things.

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I am sad for her. 23 with 3 kids.  She does not seem to enjoy pregnancy, and like others have said, likely does not enjoy the associated noise or chaos either. 3 under 4 will be hard. My brother and SIL had 3 boys in 3 years and it was very hard. The boys are now 21, 20 and 18 and it is still hard. 

I feel sorry for her, too. Three little girls sounds like wonderful fun to me, but not at 23. Perhaps because so much of my own youth was lost to horrible family dramas, it saddens me to see these beautiful, intelligent young women lose their youth long before their time. Alyssa is young, attractive and in love right now, but if she keeps on having babies this way, what is her life going to be like in 10 years? What about her health? 

It had completely not even occurred to me that she would be preggo again.  Mostly because I keep forgetting that Lexie is almost a year.  However, not a big surprise.  Now I'm waiting the Zachney announcement.  And I see that Alyssa will now have her sister moms to raise the future kids.  She will definitely be the sort to put 7 yr old Alie to work changing diapers for kiddo #5/6. 

58 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I'm also completely open to the idea that Alyssa does plan on having nineteen kids and is just as shady as her parents in how she discusses things.

Thinking this is more likely. 

I quite like the name Zoey, don't really feel like it goes well with Joy though. It almost looks like the same name repeated twice. It doesn't really work. And I had kinda hoped for another nickname for Alexandra, like Sandy, so we get all three "bits" of Alexandra. 

4 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

I quite like the name Zoey, don't really feel like it goes well with Joy though. It almost looks like the same name repeated twice. It doesn't really work. And I had kinda hoped for another nickname for Alexandra, like Sandy, so we get all three "bits" of Alexandra. 

Ha I thought I was the only one who was thinking Sandy for a third Webster girl (Well, Alyssa would probably spell it Sandi.) I also agree that I'm not feeling the flow of Zoey Joy, but hey, it's their baby. I'm sure there are people who don't like my kid's name either.

14 hours ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Oh well, no surprises here. They live to breed. Hope for good health for Alyssa and all her babies... And good luck dealing with 3 small children at once!

Yet again fundies remind me, that I can't escape adulthood. First Joy, younger then me, married & preggars, now Allysa, older me, having a 3rd baby... Damn! Fundy American families are hardly the norm when it comes to the a age of starting a family, but still, looks like my childhood is over XD

They're all younger than me and I'm here thinking about what concert to go to next and should I have eaten that bag of chips for breakfast. Honestly, I wouldn't mind meeting someone but I'd rather travel and go to concerts than have 19 kids that drive me up the wall. 

PS: I have nothing against kids. I love my nieces and nephews. I even consider my best friends sons my nephews. I just think it's a complete nightmare to have 19 of them.

5 hours ago, elliha said:

Even if you are not using birth control you can still be a little surprised. 

Seriously. We got pregnant on our first cycle trying. We were surprised since we figured it would take awhile. Fast forward 13 weeks when we found out it was twins...now that was surprising!

I can't imagine having three under three especially at Alyssa's age. I'm freaking out over our two who will be here in just under two weeks and I'm almost 32 years old. I can say that at least these two will be it for us. I have a feeling that God is going to close my womb after this (or, you know, I'll talk to my doctor about long lasting birth control for me/ possibly more permanent options for my husband).

I don't really care for the name combo (two fine names on their own)- when I first read it my brain wanted to combine the two into Joey. 

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I wouldn't really read anything about Alyssa's happiness or lack thereof into her facial expressions. Much like Allie Jane, she tends to look serious a lot of the time. And I've seen her making that serious/concerned/puzzled face in countless other photos. Maybe she thinks it looks elegant or stylish, or frankly maybe she just looks like that.

To me in that picture she looks like she's trying to position the ultrasound photos properly for the camera, as though maybe the photo was taken a few seconds too early. Plus her hair is covering about 90% of her face, so I don't think we can read anything from it. The other pictures look happy, and plus, she puts forth a verrrry specific social media image.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived