IGNORED

Zoey Joy Webster Is Now Here (update)

Oh_Dear!

I am genuinely shocked. This either was an accident or they messed up with NFP or something.  I was reading the comments and one poster who knows the family said she was shocked because she talked to Erin not too long ago and Erin said she was almost sure Alyssa and John were done with 2! I hope after this one she finds a method of birth control that is more reliable because at this rate and age she is going to end up in the double digits very soon. 

Who knows she may just be telling everyone that she won't be having that many so people are not always questioning her if she is pregnant or not. It seems to have been working so far. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I binge watched the show not that long ago  - I seem to recall that Alyssa was the one that shocked Kelly when Lexi was announced because Alyssa had said then that she was going to wait so she wasn't the one they thought was pregnant when the friend came by to surprise them with the presents for the announcement.  

9 minutes ago, Seren Ann said:

Alyssa Webster is due on the 2nd of April, per her instagram stories.

ZoeyJoyWebster.png

She’s tiny if that’s a recent pic - it could be from 3 month scan, which would make more sense.

54 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I asked the same thing recently and somebody said Alyssa isn’t featured on the show enough or active enough on social media but I think it’s probably time for an Alyssa thread. She’s on her way to 19 in no time. 

And don’t forget she was totally drinking on the cruise. (Clearly not.)

Oh hey look here we are!

I'm only surprised because a lot of fundies have a larger gap between #2 and #3 compared to #1 and #2. I've always assumed that's because it's easier to find time and energy for "sweet fellowship" when you only have one compared to having two very young children. Erin and Whitney both have larger gaps between 2 and 3. So I guess the Websters have plenty of energy for sweet fellowship although I would be dead if I had two that close in age and then pregnant with a third! 

2 minutes ago, lilith said:

She’s tiny if that’s a recent pic - it could be from 3 month scan, which would make more sense.

Dang. When did they go on that cruise?? 

20 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

I am genuinely shocked. This either was an accident or they messed up with NFP or something.  I was reading the comments and one poster who knows the family said she was shocked because she talked to Erin not too long ago and Erin said she was almost sure Alyssa and John were done with 2! I hope after this one she finds a method of birth control that is more reliable because at this rate and age she is going to end up in the double digits very soon. 

Who knows she may just be telling everyone that she won't be having that many so people are not always questioning her if she is pregnant or not. It seems to have been working so far. 

I’m pretty sure she just keeps her family out of her business. When she announced Lexi everyone in her family was shocked, saying how they thought she would have waited longer. Hell she was in labor dialated to a 6 while Kelly was at her appointment with her and didn’t mention it. I just think she keeps the Bates out of her uterus. 

Alyssa carries very small. So that picture could be recent. 

Zooming in on her picture tells me that her ultrasound pictures are probably from the one they do close to midway through the pregnancy. That's also when you often find out the sex. They usually schedule those 16-20 weeks pregnant. 

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

They're certainly not names I would imagine as judges sitting on the Supreme Court of the United States. Judge Lexxie. Judge Alli . Zoey might be the closest.  Sorry, I'm being a BEC.  No, but seriously, to me, they're names that work very well on little girls but not grown women. 

I’m not sure that fundies really care if their daughter’s names work in the professional world. 

It’s worth nothing that today is also Alyssa’s 23rd birthday.

33 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

Or just telling people what they want to hear. Alyssa always seems to get the most heat out of the siblings on instagram. She probably doesn't want to read over and over again how she is just being a brood mare, bringing kids into a cult, etc. etc. She will probably continue to say they don't want that many, they are happy with just 3 (4, 5, whatever) and then feign surprise every time she gets pregnant.

On an aside- totally jealous of how tiny she is. Alyssa has some good genes. When I was pregnant with my last, I feel like I popped immediately.

I can’t imagine how Michael must feel. I’m already feeling a little bitter since I’m currently struggling with infertility.:-/

I don't mind the name but I prefer Zoe to Zoey, the y seems like an unnecessary letter to the name. I do feel for Michael, I'm sure she's happy for her sisters and will love her new nieces but she spent most her life raising kids for her mother and now can't have a child of her own. 

FAE35C12-4D4B-40E3-8A9E-D07FEC7D5578.thumb.jpeg.bc03dde4a911813141eaa9087d41f55a.jpeg

But seriously. How is this surprising in any way, shape, or form?

26 minutes ago, jadis87 said:

I can’t imagine how Michael must feel. I’m already feeling a little bitter since I’m currently struggling with infertility.:-/

I imagine it must be very bittersweet for the Keilens. They both seem to love and dote on their nieces and nephews... but it must be very hard for them as well. I wish them both peace and continued happiness in their lives as they are right now. 

(And I’m so sorry for your struggle as well. I wish you and your partner much love, strength, and peace.)

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

But seriously. How is this surprising in any way, shape, or form?

To me it was just surprising because she has been the only one of the bates/duggars to say she only wants a certain number of kids and sort of implied spacing pregnancies, being happy with 2 for a while, while honestly letting people know 2 kids that close in age is hard on her. I always like when Alyssa is featured because she never gives the fake one liners about how children are a joy and life is all peachy. She says she is wiped out and when they go to bed it's party time for her and John.  Aside from that, I was just not expecting it to be this soon. If it were Jessa and Ben or David and Priscilla right now I would not be surprised at all. 

Don't the other Webster siblings have like 3-4 kids each? That's another reason why I am shocked. Her in-laws don't seem to be quiverfull. 

4 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

To me it was just surprising because she has been the only one of the bates/duggars to say she only wants a certain number of kids and sort of implied spacing pregnancies, being happy with 2 for a while, while honestly letting people know 2 kids that close in age is hard on her. I always like when Alyssa is featured because she never gives the fake one liners about how children are a joy and life is all peachy. She says she is wiped out and when they go to bed it's party time for her and John.  Aside from that, I was just not expecting it to be this soon. If it were Jessa and Ben or David and Priscilla right now I would not be surprised at all. 

Don't the other Webster siblings have like 3-4 kids each? That's another reason why I am shocked. Her in-laws don't seem to be quiverfull. 

Taliban Dan and his wife, Sandy, have six children and fourteen grandchildren. I believe Zoey will be number fifteen. 

To be honest, I don’t believe half of what the Bates family says. I don’t trust any of them. Maybe that’s why I’m not surprised at all. 

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Since I binge watched the show not that long ago  - I seem to recall that Alyssa was the one that shocked Kelly when Lexi was announced because Alyssa had said then that she was going to wait so she wasn't the one they thought was pregnant when the friend came by to surprise them with the presents for the announcement.  

I don't think Alyssa outright said she was planning to wait. I think she said she had her hands full with one. Which many people would take to mean that she wanted to wait but in reality it doesn't really mean anything. I kind of get the feeling that Alyssa is good at giving non-answers to questions related to her uterus. Which I mean, good for her, as it's not really anyone's business but hers and John's.

Just like this time around- Alyssa mentioned something about staying right at two "for now". Many people, including myself, took that to mean they wanted to wait a good while before having #3, but in reality "for now" could have just meant a month.

Three under three is HARD. Looking back I’m not sure how I did it, and I know my third child didn’t get the attention and early childhood education I would have liked to have given him - all ofthe first three missed out in various ways from being so close together, and I’m really noticing it now I’m raising my fourth child a decade later. I’m able to give her so much more of myself without pregnancies and babies and toddler/preschooler siblings.

My older kids are ok. But something has to give when you have a baby and two toddlers, and what often gives is the little extras that make parenting joyful and the one on one attention that is ideal for early childhood development.

I’m totally over reading in to this but I think little Zoey was a surprise and this is the first time I feel like alissa’s smile hasn’t reached her eyes. I think they were trying natural planning and got surprised. They’re going to have to pray about what a god wants for their lives a little more and I hope God opens them up to birth control...

14 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

I’m totally over reading in to this but I think little Zoey was a surprise and this is the first time I feel like alissa’s smile hasn’t reached her eyes. I think they were trying natural planning and got surprised. They’re going to have to pray about what a god wants for their lives a little more and I hope God opens them up to birth control...

I got that impression, too - this did surprise them, even if it does not surprise any of us. 

I hope that, if she is serious about not having a big family, that she starts thinking more about other ways to limit their family size. 

21 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I hope that, if she is serious about not having a big family, that she starts thinking more about other ways to limit their family size. 

She seems to be one that hates a lot of noise, disorder, and chaos. So I can't imagine her with 19 like her mother. I think Allie is a fairly quiet child and Lexi is still a baby. Maybe once she has three under three she will remember how chaotic her home was growing up. 

38 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I got that impression, too - this did surprise them, even if it does not surprise any of us. 

Just like Brooklyn Paine was a surprise and Erin is having her third kid already. This people genuinely believe God won't give them more kids than they candle if they pray hard enough but they keep having unprotected sex.

Don't be fooled, Alyssa is going to pop out a kid every two years or so until she reaches menopause.

Interesting. Both the Bates and the Duggars have roughly the same amount of boys and girls, but the Bates so far have overwhelmingly more girl grandchildren while the Duggars have many more boy grandchildren.

Well, this little girl definitely has less gap between her and Lexi than between Lexi and Allie. I was hoping there'd be at least around two years between each kid like it first seemed :/ LOVE her name, though. Too cute!

I am sad for her. 23 with 3 kids.  She does not seem to enjoy pregnancy, and like others have said, likely does not enjoy the associated noise or chaos either. 3 under 4 will be hard. My brother and SIL had 3 boys in 3 years and it was very hard. The boys are now 21, 20 and 18 and it is still hard. 

For anyone interested, the Duggars currently have nine grandchildren and one on the way. The Bateses currently have six grandchildren and two on the way. The Duggars have two female grandchildren and seven male grandchildren, and the Bateses have two male grandchildren and four female grandchildren. The two Bates grandchildren on the way are both female, and we don't know what sex the currently gestating GrandDuggar will be.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived