IGNORED

Hollywood's Next Creep

Rachel333

Let's see 

Jason Priestly apparently punched Weinstein back in 95 (probably answering the question regarding what happened to his career)

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/m/6882dc41-0cf3-370d-bc44-1e57146f9c3e/jason- priestley-says-he.html

A second director came forward to say he too was asked to blacklist Mira Sorvino.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/second-director-says-weinsteins-blacklisted-150717561.html

And Rose McGowan gave Meryl Streep the what for over the black dress protest for the Golden Globes.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rose-mcgowan-meryl-streep-golden-globes_us_5a3791fce4b040881bec0a62

“Actresses, like Meryl Streep, who happily worked for The Pig Monster, are wearing black @GoldenGlobes in a silent protest,” McGowan wrote in a tweet reported by several outlets. “YOUR SILENCE is THE problem. You’ll accept a fake award breathlessly and affect no real change. I despise your hypocrisy. Maybe you should all wear Marchesa.” 

• Upvote 3

Comedian and actor TJ Miller, who played one of the main characters in Silicon Valley, has been accused of sexually and physically assaulting a woman. https://www.thedailybeast.com/silicon-valley-star-tj-miller-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-and-punching-a-woman

He and his wife claim it's all lies, but the Daily Beast was able to find multiple people who back up the alleged victim, as well as multiple people in comedy who say they have heard rumors of Miller's abusive behavior and have heard him joke privately about committing violence against a woman in his past.

• Sad 5
  • WTF 2

Miller's wife tweeted their response with the caption "Our hearts are :my_heart:." (What does "Our hearts are heart" mean? And why use that picture?)

She has also said she has evidence of the alleged victim being unstable. I made the mistake of reading comments elsewhere and the commenters really ran with the "unstable" idea, calling the alleged victim a "crazy bitch" and a "whackjob." I also saw a lot of comments saying they will only believe it if more accusers come out. Apparently assault doesn't matter if there's only one victim. :pb_neutral:

I also think it's important to say that even if this woman is "unstable" and has been that way even before the assault, unstable people can be victims too and in fact abusers often choose unstable people for their victims precisely because those victims are less likely to be believed.

Regarding Silicon Valley (slight spoiler):

Spoiler

At least Miller already left the show after this last season, so these allegations aren't as much of a problem for the show as if Miller was still an active cast member.

Edited by Rachel333
  • Upvote 8

His accusations fall a little flat when you consider that he was arrested last year for assaulting an Uber driver.

ETA:  Maybe they meant to say "Our hearts are blue (as in, sad)"

Edited by GeoBQn
  • Upvote 5

DVR alert:  There's a new Lifetime movie about the two Coreys (Feldman and Haim), exec produced by Feldman

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dave Chapelle said some dumb stuff about Louis CK.

“One lady said, ‘Louis C.K. masturbated in front of me, ruined my comedy dreams,'” he said of Schachner. “Word? Well then I daresay, madam, you may have never had a dream. Come on, man, that’s a brittle spirit. That is a brittle-ass spirit, that is too much, this grown-ass woman.”

He continued, joking that Martin Luther King probably wouldn’t have given up his “dream” if Louis C.K. masturbated in front of him.

“Show business is just harder than that,” Chappelle said, bringing up Schachner again. “Them women sound … they sound weak. I know that sounds f–ked up, I’m not supposed to say that, but one of these ladies was like, ‘Louis C.K. was masturbating while I was on the phone with him.’ B-tch, you don’t know how to hang up a phone? How the f–k are you going to survive in show business if this is an actual obstacle to your dreams?”

What gets me most is how he says this is where it's hard to be a man.

"At the same time, you know what I mean, Jesus Christ, I don’t know, they took everything from Louis, it might be disproportionate, I can’t tell, I can’t tell, this is like where it’s hard to be a man."

Poor men, it's so hard for them! It's so difficult to have to avoid pulling their penises out in front of women they're working with! And then they have to face consequences for habitually masturbating in front of unwilling women? It's so hard to be a man!

Edited by Rachel333
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 5

Welp, so much for David Chapelle. Looks like he's on the trash heap with the rest of them. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Welp, so much for David Chapelle. Looks like he's on the trash heap with the rest of them. 

It’s times like these that people show their true colors on these sorts of issues.

• Upvote 2

4 actresses have accused a director of the Soulpepper theater in Toronto, Canada of being a creep over a period of 13 years.  Said creep was also an actor in Netflix’s Alias Grace.  

'Alias Grace' Actor Albert Schultz Accused of Sexual Misconduct by Four Actresses - The Hollywood Reporter https://apple.news/AWv0Un8j8RBmHvXaTfTFCRw

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

I might be early posting this since neither party has explicitly said much about his particular behavior, but it looks like Dan Harmon (creator of Community and Rick and Morty) may be answering for his misconduct toward writer Megan Ganz. 

https://www.avclub.com/former-community-writer-megan-ganz-calls-out-dan-harmon-1821754073

Edited by NakedKnees
riffle
  • Upvote 6

On 1/3/2018 at 10:28 AM, Terrie said:

He made jokes about the Transgender community prior to this that curtailed him to the trash heap already. I’m not surprised at all. 

I mean, I get it to an extent. He’s a comedian and comedy is not pretty at all. Sometimes the funniest jokes are the ones everything is thinking but no one wants to say, but I feel like Chappelle is ignoring important historical and cultural aspects of some of the topics he jokes about. His Comedy Central show was hysterical and helped me understand other points of view on race... but his jokes on sexual assault and the LGBTQIA community are absolute garbage.

• Upvote 6

54 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

My husband told me about this one by saying we aren’t going to be able to see, “The Disaater Artist,” now. Which makes me sad because apparently it’s a pretty good movie. 

I told my husband last night that we’re going to have nothing to watch soon. There are so many people being accused that I’m honestly losing track of them all. 

• Upvote 4

Apparently James Franco’s thesis project at RISD was super weird

b119a366bf8da5994f15623d0af84193--james-

Yes, the little pieces of paper plastered all over the little building all have his name on it. And apparently there are a bunch of screens inside playing videos.

http://risdmakes.tumblr.com/post/30756276793/jammym-james-francos-art-displayed-at-the-risd

If anyone can figure out what the fuck this is, please let me know.

• WTF 1
  • Haha 1

A woman had a bad experience with Aziz Ansari: https://babe.net/2018/01/13/aziz-ansari-28355

It's worth noting that he did apologize to her:

“It was fun meeting you last night,” Ansari sent on Tuesday evening. “Last night might’ve been fun for you, but it wasn’t for me,” Grace responded. “You ignored clear non-verbal clues; you kept going with advances.” She explains why she is telling him how she felt: “I want to make sure you’re aware so maybe the next girl doesn’t have to cry on the ride home.”

“I’m so sad to hear this,” he responded. “Clearly, I misread things in the moment and I’m truly sorry.”

• Upvote 4

Eliza Dushku says she was molested by a stunt coordinator on the set of True Lies when she was twelve.  

James Cameron on "Brave" Eliza Dushku and the Sexual Harassment "Reckoning": "There's No Mercy Now" - The Hollywood Reporter https://apple.news/A67q-jBCyTXGkaK6IjKbBdw

Eliza Dushku Says 'True Lies' Stunt Coordinator Sexually Assaulted Her When She Was 12 | Hollywood Reporter - www.hollywoodreporter.com https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/eliza-dushku-says-true-lies-stunt-coordinator-sexually-assaulted-her-she-was-12-1074594

editing to add a potential trigger warning on that second link because she describes the encounter.  

Edited by clueliss
  • Upvote 3

I've got to say, I have been so disappointed with a lot of men recently because of their reactions to these stories. There is so much blaming of the women. The recent stories of Aziz Ansari and James Franco didn't involve actual rape, no, but that's not what the women are claiming either! What it does show are guys who act creepy and push boundaries, and just because it's not rape doesn't mean it's okay. And yet I just saw a guy I previously thought well of say of the woman in the Aziz Ansari story that "what did the bitch think was going to happen?" I've seen guys comment that these incidents sound like things they've done, as if that means it's okay then instead of a sign that they should examine their own behavior.

What I've also seen a lot of is people saying that because these stories aren't bad enough for the to care about they're starting to not take any of these stories seriously, and they're acting like this is the fault of the women who have been speaking up about stories that involve incidents that fall short of rape. No, if this is making you not care about any stories of men assaulting women then that's on you!

It's just so frustrating to see, over and over again, people jump to defend the men accused in these stories without really considering what it was like for the women who experienced it. We've clearly still got a long way to go.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

What drives me nuts is that men act like women can't tell the difference between rape and less severe sexual crimes. Like, yes, we know they are different. We're not stupid. But an environment that tolerates sexual harassment is a prerequisite to  an environment that tolerates rape. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

A woman had a bad experience with Aziz Ansari: https://babe.net/2018/01/13/aziz-ansari-28355

It's worth noting that he did apologize to her:

Ugh. Guess I should toss out his book? Can I just get a list of guys who don’t suck?

6 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I've got to say, I have been so disappointed with a lot of men recently because of their reactions to these stories. There is so much blaming of the women. The recent stories of Aziz Ansari and James Franco didn't involve actual rape, no, but that's not what the women are claiming either! What it does show are guys who act creepy and push boundaries, and just because it's not rape doesn't mean it's okay. And yet I just saw a guy I previously thought well of say of the woman in the Aziz Ansari story that "what did the bitch think was going to happen?" I've seen guys comment that these incidents sound like things they've done, as if that means it's okay then instead of a sign that they should examine their own behavior.

What I've also seen a lot of is people saying that because these stories aren't bad enough for the to care about they're starting to not take any of these stories seriously, and they're acting like this is the fault of the women who have been speaking up about stories that involve incidents that fall short of rape. No, if this is making you not care about any stories of men assaulting women then that's on you!

It's just so frustrating to see, over and over again, people jump to defend the men accused in these stories without really considering what it was like for the women who experienced it. We've clearly still got a long way to go.

I was reading an article about Colbert confronting James Franco on the Late Show, and some asshole commented hat he’s sick of the #MeToo movement and just wants to enjoy something. Poor little baby, I’m sorry that hearing about the suffering women go through everyday and have to worry about all the damn time is getting in the way of your entertainment. *sarcasm* Maybe he should consider why hearing about reality is more upsetting to him than what women actually go through.

And fuck people who say something isn’t “enough” to count.

• Upvote 12

44 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Ugh. Guess I should toss out his book? Can I just get a list of guys who don’t suck?

I was reading an article about Colbert confronting James Franco on the Late Show, and some asshole commented hat he’s sick of the #MeToo movement and just wants to enjoy something. Poor little baby, I’m sorry that hearing about the suffering women go through everyday and have to worry about all the damn time is getting in the way of your entertainment. *sarcasm* Maybe he should consider why hearing about reality is more upsetting to him than what women actually go through.

And fuck people who say something isn’t “enough” to count.

As far as Aziz, I don’t think you necessarily need to boycott. The woman let him know how uncomfortable she had been and he seems to have been genuine in his apology to her. If she accepts and he doesn’t have more accusations surface then I don’t see a reason to avoid his stuff. 

And I’m trying to word this carefully, but sometimes people don’t always realize when they’re making someone uncomfortable. If Aziz truly didn’t realize (as he said he didn’t) then I think he should be held to a different standard then someone who purposely continues making someone uncomfortable, especially because he offered an actual apology when she told him he was out of line. Hopefully he’s able to learn from this experience and he doesn’t make someone else feel as uncomfortable as this woman did in the future. 

As for Franco, I’m really not sure how to understand his recent interviews. He claims that the situations being described aren’t entirely accurate, but that he isn’t defending himself because he believes that the Me Too movement is important and that they have the right to speak out if they want to. I don’t really get what he means by that.

• Upvote 13