IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Solitude-lover? Where's the #growingoldtogether?

#papawasarollingstone #gathersnomoss

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Subtext: #widestance  #manlyman #likesyoungbrunettes #can't standfamilylife

What happened to #fatherofeight?

Re: Little Eva's picture cavorting in the street in NYC. I have learned more about Cosplay than I ever wanted to here at Free Jinger but I have to confess, I just don't get it. And it seems the height of frivolous, narcissistic self-centered vanity---showing what a SHAM the VF "principles" were.  I hope it gets her (and I guess her creepy father) what she/he wants.

Yesterday I was going over in my mind if any of the fundies we follow had left The Life and made such a huge 180 as this man.  But you have to admit, he's found his groove.  He gets to indulge in cosplay and be a pretend filmmaker, while using that as cover to stalk his preferred targets.  I suspect he will do this until he finds another truly vulnerable young woman to prey on.  

If you click the comments on the quistyle post, you'll see that operationmeatball tagged Beall's private IG. I wonder how she justifies it in her mind, is Hannah "Faith's friend"? Even having a friend who posts to IG dressed the way Hannah does would have been completely unacceptable just a few short years ago under VF.

9 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

They appear to think they’re in some big-budget Hollywood musical from the old Fred Astaire-Bing Crosby-Judy Garland-Gene Kelly-etc. days.

Has anyone told them it’s not real?

Re: DPIART: The true Doug Phillips shows himself again. What a fucking creep. He appeared in Faith's IG Live  yesterday& even spoke. He sounds the same -- think "moar cellos."

Re: Quistyle. Actually like that IG & loved their tribute to the amazing Bill Cunningham -- cannot wait to read his secret memoir, which his family are having published. I have about as much style sense & ability as a stump but that didn't prevent me from enjoying his fashion reports from the streets of NYC.

Re: Beall. Is she that clueless or just stubbornly pretending that all is well and that it's normal to have your young daughter accompany your husband as he chases tail halfway across the country?

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Re: Beall. Is she that clueless or just stubbornly pretending that all is well and that it's normal to have your young daughter accompany your husband as he chases tail halfway across the country?

I’m sure there must be a great deal of denial going on, but I don’t understand what she has to lose by throwing him under the bus. Perhaps she’s worried about losing funders for the Meatballers; I’m sure much of their funding comes from ex-VFers.

I’m absolutely aghast that Faith is running around with Dougie and his lady friends. Does she not recognize the cognitive dissonance between what she was taught and what she is seeing? Does that silly little chit not realize what DPIAT has done to her mother? 

Beall is financially vulnerable right now; no independent income.  Zip, Zero.  She has a college degree, no work history and could basically be qualified to do retail in a town that has an economic base of tourism and associated retail, plus a ton of young students and ski/outdoor bums who do.......retail to survive.  She does not own her home. 

She's not at her maximum financial vulnerability, though.   That will happen when the last kid is an adult, which isn't too long from now. She's 15 years away from Social Security.

She won't inherit anything from her parents, because she burned that bridge a looooong time ago. 

15 minutes ago, Howl said:

Beall is financially vulnerable right now; no independent income.  Zip, Zero.  She has a college degree, no work history and could basically be qualified to do retail in a town that has an economic base of tourism and associated retail, plus a ton of young students and ski/outdoor bums who do.......retail to survive.  She does not own her home. 

She's not at her maximum financial vulnerability, though.   That will happen when the last kid is an adult, which isn't too long from now. She's 15 years away from Social Security.

She won't inherit anything from her parents, because she burned that bridge a looooong time ago. 

It's easy to feel bad for Beall now, but goodness gracious did that woman invest A LOT of her resources in burning various bridges.  Moreover, she actively worked to convince other women to do the same and to put themselves at the mercy of their husband's good will.  Some of those women probably stayed in abusive situations or bad marriage, on Beall's advice.  Some of those women probably made bad situations WORSE for themselves and their children, on Beall's advice.  

Beall is a victim of Doug's, that I believe.  But she was ALSO a devoted victimizer.  And her inability to publicly address the situation and say "I was wrong" is not OK.  Because it ROBS those people she victimized in her VF days of that.  Those who had their lives harmed by VF DESERVE to hear Beall admit that the VF model has finally come for her too.   They deserve that closure.  If they are still in toxic Christianity, they might need to hear Beall admit she was wrong to start making their way out.

Beall has the ability to make things right. Well, not actually right, but she has the ability now to start taking steps to mitigate and address all the damage she and VF did to the families that trusted them.  And she's STILL. NOT. DOING. IT.  

Because Beall Toolswife Phillips has no interest in doing the right thing.  She only has an interest in doing the best thing for herself.  Those other women are not worthy of Beall sacrificing her pride.  We are not worthy of Beall's admission.  She still has her head firmly lodged up her own butt.  She still wants to parade around like a VF queen with an ideal marriage, so foresight be damned, that's exactly what she's going to do. Because she would have a LOT more financial security if she were to file for divorce, almost certainly.  

So while I do feel sorry for Beall because she is still a victim of Doug's, she's not a good person.  She's a bad person, just like Doug.  And when bad things happen to bad people, well...

On 4/1/2018 at 12:10 AM, hoipolloi said:

That would be @hannahsnow23, who has been on a "little impromptu photoshoot" in NYC with @cryptoretro, the two of them apparently chaperoned by Faith. 

ETA: Interesting. Cryptoretro's IG description reads: "Ancient World to Stage Door Canteen. Adventures of a time-traveling director, cinematographer, writer, bibliophile, solitude-lover."

Solitude-lover? Where's the #growingoldtogether?

What is "Solitude-lover"?  Just another name for a narcissist? :P ...loving on himself, by himself.

10 hours ago, Howl said:

Don’t you have to earn work credits to get Social Security?

18 minutes ago, refugee said:

Don’t you have to earn work credits to get Social Security?

No. A spouse who never worked outside the home is entitled to social security benefits as are divorced spouses who meet certain criteria, including having been married for at least 10 years and are age 62 or older.

So, Beall still has 11-12 years to go before she could collect on DPIART's social security, assuming he's been paying into it and is otherwise eligible.

Maybe we’re about to get a new set of hashtags on Beall’s instagram: 

#countdownto62 #socialsecurity

I don’t know how social security works in the US. Would Mr Cryptool Retro have had to go out of his way to make payments or is it more-or-less automatic, eg with taxes?

14 hours ago, Georgiana said:

It's easy to feel bad for Beall now, but goodness gracious did that woman invest A LOT of her resources in burning various bridges.

I think you're spot on with every point. 

My post was more to point out that a slow motion train wreck seems to be happening, or more accurately, the train seems to be chugging along, but actually that's because it's  going downhill, a bridge is out around the next curve, the train has no brakes, and the guy that shovels coal has jumped off the train. 

6 hours ago, Jellybean said:

I don’t know how social security works in the US. Would Mr Cryptool Retro have had to go out of his way to make payments or is it more-or-less automatic, eg with taxes?

Along with a percentage for Medicare, it is supposed to be withheld from wages or salaries whether you are an employee or self-employed. 

There are exceptions but SSA & the IRS are pretty strict and vigilant about who can claim such exceptions.  Doesn't look like DPIART meets any of those requirements for exemptions but who knows how he handled paying FICA for VFI/VFM either for himself or his employees. 

ETA: Paying FICA is a bit trickier for the self-employed, especially if your income fluctuates throughout the tax year. For those with employers, it's a no-brainer. Of course, employers who withhold FICA but keep it for themselves are a time-honored scam in the US. 

The reason Beall really needs to divorce Dougie Fresh right now is because he is either blowing through their marital assets to finance his lifestyle OR he is incurring a great deal of debt.  If it is the former, she really needs to file for divorce so that she can claim her share of the marital estate before Doug drains everything.  If it is the latter, she would likely be liable for a portion of the debts he is incurring in many states, even if she has no income.  

The only reason for Beall to stay in this marriage is pride.  And that's why she's doing it. 

But again, after so many years of Beall's pride being used to hurt OTHER families, I can't feel too bad that her chickens have come home to roost and she's now forced to either eat crow or shoot herself in the foot.  

But seriously, just eat the damn crow, Beall.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived