IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

Coconut Flan

Of COURSE you hate SJWs and "call out culture", Doug. You're a fucking predator. You depend on a culture of silence and acquiescence in order to function.  It's the air you breathe.

Not that VF was ever exactly shy about publicly "calling out" all of the many, many things that didn't line up with their doctrine.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Meanwhile, Beall and Liberty are in New Mexico for the Bataan Death March memorial. Somehow there's always enough money to show up at things like that. Plasma sales must be good.

I am told that they request donations from their supporters to help cover travel. This got mentioned in passing in one of their writeups of a trip to Europe. I have also been told about it by someone I know at Quantico who used to be assigned to the museum.

I'd really love to know what service they think they're providing veterans to justify something like that. I know the GoFundMe's weren't terribly successful, so I was hoping the grift train had stalled a bit for the Phillips clan, but I should have known better.

So while his wife is covering her rental's broken windows with table cloths to keep the heat in and selling her plasma to make ends meet, Doug is hanging out in sunny Nice filming burlesque dancers.

What the actual fuck.

From the "DW Cinematographer" Facebook page:

We are in NYC shooting reels and would love to create one for you. We are also happy to professionally edit and produce a reel from footage you have already produced. Fast turnover. Professional quality. Reels - $450 to $950. Headshots - reasonably priced. Lets discuss your specific needs. Also, visit www.cinemaofwonder.com. Feel free to pm with professional inquiries.

Who is this "we" he keeps talking about, like it's some creative team? There is certainly no photographic evidence of any associates. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

In the comment section of one of her instagram posts, Faith mentioned that she would be in New York this week, so she may be helping out. Other than that, no idea.

I'm dying to know who else co-owns "Momentum Media". I've Google stalked my fingers to the bone on that one, but I got nothin'. Lots of places by that name, but nothing that smelled like Dougie.

Forgive me if I am mistaken in this, and I know some fellow Free Jingers will have the archives to tell---but in the VF days of yore, did DPIABRT extol the virtues of boys and cooking?  I think it's fabulous but I'm just puzzling over Beall's recentIG post where she brags on her personal-chef-son who cooks her gourmet keto meals.  Am I wrong in remembering that would NOT have flown in VF days?  I mean I think I remember that Lourdes and their other string of "Nanny's" (actually--girls from the Boerne church who they cajoled into "coming and being a part of the big star family of our cult), but I digress.  #boyscancooktoo???

10 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Forgive me if I am mistaken in this, and I know some fellow Free Jingers will have the archives to tell---but in the VF days of yore, did DPIABRT extol the virtues of boys and cooking? 

That would be a negatory.  The VF catalog was full of dolls, tea sets and aprons for the girls...the boys got slingshots, coonskin caps and pop guns.  

1 minute ago, danvillebelle said:

That would be a negatory.  The VF catalog was full of dolls, tea sets and aprons for the girls...the boys got slingshots, coonskin caps and pop guns.  

But surely they didn’t take a lowly female along on their manly adventures, like in the jungle and the wilds of Iceland! Who cooked the wild critters they brought down with their manly weapons, and gutted and skinned and roasted them?

What do you mean, “They weren’t really roughing it”? They posted photos! Lots and lots of manly poses!

3 minutes ago, refugee said:

What do you mean, “They weren’t really roughing it”? They posted photos! Lots and lots of manly poses!

And lest we not forget.....the psuedo emergency response team Bradrick!.  Whose website contained pictures of manly men, featuring videos and a whole lot of blather on keeping families safe.   Yet they were nowhere to be seen as far as responding to emergencies.  

One of Dougie's last VF conferences was the "Reformation of Food and the Family" extravaganza, held in San Antonio in July 2012.

The Internet is forever - I managed to dig up a few links, mostly those of former VF leghumpers, for those who want to mosey down memory lane. Be sure to fix yourself a (reformed!) snack and drink first!

Duggar family site - https://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2012/08/food-conference-photos.html

Scottie Brown (still besties with Dougie at that point) - http://scottbrownonline.com/join-me-at-the-reforming-food-and-family-conference-in-san-antonio/)

http://i-am-his-daughter.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-reformation-of-food-and-family_27.html

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/9922820210.html

http://tonykonvalin.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-reformation-of-food-and-family-audio.html

http://girottifamily.typepad.com/mountain_musings/2012/07/deep-in-the-heart-of-texas-food-conference.html

https://theprovisionroom.wordpress.com/2012/07/17/a-message-from-beall-phillips/

41 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

What do other people get when they click this link?  IIRC it was when Michelle got introduced to raw veggies.

Probably I need to check my firewall and run diagnostics but perhaps the Duggars want to pretend they never had a VF connection.

Because I got this: 

This site can’t be reached

www.duggarfamilyblog.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

@Marian the Librarian, thanks.  The other links are all working and you are a wonderful librarian.

Well that is weird...

The first Google search I ran was Vision Forum Food Conference (no quotes) - I couldn't remember the exact name of the event - and the Duggar link was the 2nd result ("Food Conference Photos - Duggar Family Blog"). Try that...?

I can’t get to the blog from that link either, but if I google ‘reformation of food and family’ the link pops up and I can view it fine. I tried copying it to see if it was different, but it’s not. Could they have blocked anything redirected from FJ? 

ETA It doesn’t work if I copy the link from here and paste it into a new tab but it does work if I copy it from the googled site and paste it into another tab

Just trying something here (bear with me): this link works fine for me. Anyone else try it (maybe @Palimpsest please?)

20 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

Could they have blocked anything redirected from FJ? 

I was wondering that too.  

And @Jellybean that new link worked for me too.  Thanks.

Here's Michelle, being about as sensible a food judge as we would imagine, pretending to smell what appears to be a cold dish.  I don't know, but I don't normally sniff whipped topping like that...

2018-03-30_15-09-08.jpg

So Faith and Doug are in NYC (for the Easter Parade, among other things, according to Faith) and "happily married" Beall is left behind in Colorado doing her Keto diet? That seems depressing (though the smoke salmon did look good).

1 hour ago, AnnaSofia said:

Check Hannah Snow's Instagram story for a brief glimpse of Dougie.

That would be @hannahsnow23, who has been on a "little impromptu photoshoot" in NYC with @cryptoretro, the two of them apparently chaperoned by Faith. 

ETA: Interesting. Cryptoretro's IG description reads: "Ancient World to Stage Door Canteen. Adventures of a time-traveling director, cinematographer, writer, bibliophile, solitude-lover."

Solitude-lover? Where's the #growingoldtogether?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived