IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

Coconut Flan

@Flossie, my FIL was a WWII vet too, and he mostly told the funny stories like you say. I think he told his immediate family a tiny part of the harder memories from time to time, but he would never have talked about that with someone like the Meatballers. He probably would have been sweet to them, but they would have only seen the polite surface. It sounds like they just don't get it. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If my grandfather was still alive, he could give them a LOOK at 10 feet that would make them spin on their heels and run in the other direction.  And I'd be applauding.

I don't want to even share the stories my dad told me that Pop told him once.  Too gruesome.  The meatball brigade would be clutching their pearls, puking, or fainting.  Or all three.  

ETA:  I wonder if the meatballers (or their rapist father) have watched the miniseries, The Pacific.  If not, they should be strapped in chairs and forced to watch it.  Might knock a little sense into them.

What happens when the WW2 vets are all gone? I see they now are starting include Korean war vets, I guess they are just moving into the totesadorbs stage of old age. Will they eventually move on to Vietnam vets? Will they wear tie dye and halter tops and bell bottoms and flat iron their hair? And sing Joni Mitchell songs? 

More likely they just continue the cosplay of the greatest generation.

7 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

What happens when the WW2 vets are all gone? I see they now are starting include Korean war vets, I guess they are just moving into the totesadorbs stage of old age. Will they eventually move on to Vietnam vets? Will they wear tie dye and halter tops and bell bottoms and flat iron their hair? And sing Joni Mitchell songs? 

More likely they just continue the cosplay of the greatest generation.

Yeah, I'm not seeing white vinyl go-go boots and mini skirts in their future.  Vietnam vets don't tend to be warm and fuzzy about their experience; the current shtick won't work with them. 

57 minutes ago, Howl said:

Yeah, I'm not seeing white vinyl go-go boots and mini skirts in their future.  Vietnam vets don't tend to be warm and fuzzy about their experience; the current shtick won't work with them. 

When I was 16-17 I stayed the night with a friend and we went to a diner late at night so she could meet up with her boyfriend after he got off work.  She and he grabbed a little table and left me standing there wondering what to do.  A man was sitting alone at a booth and said to me "Got pushed off?  Come sit here if you want and I'll buy you a slice of pie."  So I sat across from him and spent the next two hours listening to him talk.  He was a Vietnam vet, and as he got more comfortable with me, he told me some of his stories.  They were hair raising, and yet I got the impression that he was constantly editing his words and leaving out stuff.  I felt so bad for him, because he was very lonely.  He wasn't treated well when he got back and usually the only people he could talk to about his years in the war were with other vets.  

I hope he appreciated that I listened.  I didn't hate him for what happened, granted he only mentioned killing enemy soldiers who would have most assuredly killed him if they could.  He spent time in an infantry division, but then went into a special unit that sometimes joined infantry, and sometimes were sent out in a small group after a specific target.  

What struck me the most was how many times he was sent back in after completing his mission.  Seven times.  I asked him why, and he said that he could have said no after the first two times, but he didn't do it because he knew that someone else would be sent in his place, and they were likely to not have the experience he had.  He kept going because he knew the Army would keep sending people out until the target was dead.  He felt that he and his group were the best and by going themselves they saved other soldiers from getting killed during those missions.  If he let himself go home, some younger and less experienced guy would replace him and reduce the chances of the mission getting completed without loss of American lives, or the loss of people who just got in the way.

I felt bad for him and was sorry I didn't have any money on me.  I think I should have been paying for his food, instead of letting him buy me a Coke and a plate of fries.

Meanwhile, where is the Dougster/Phil Douglas/Doug Winters/Cinema of Wonder and other aliases I don't even know about?  

Is he romping in Europe again?  Any word on his talent agency, which was supposed debut in January '18? Jeez, maybe he's joined a troupe and is living out his fantasy of nonstop cosplay. 

On 3/19/2018 at 6:08 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@Flossie, my FIL was a WWII vet too, and he mostly told the funny stories like you say. I think he told his immediate family a tiny part of the harder memories from time to time, but he would never have talked about that with someone like the Meatballers. He probably would have been sweet to them, but they would have only seen the polite surface. It sounds like they just don't get it. 

I grew up with WWI vets, my great-uncles and my grand-parent's cousins. At that time I got sanitized versions of what they went through.

When I was older I spoke with my uncles and my parent's cousins and they realised my interest wasn't either mundane nor morbid, I was genuinely interested in their experiences.  I was told  stories that in retrospect 18,19 year old should not have to hear or for that matter live through.

Damn, this makes Beall's use of hashtags seem restrained...

Click "View all 6 comments" for the full insanity.

#101stchairborne is more like it when it's anything to do with Doug Phillips.

Not sure if this has been already been posted:

Florence Agrati

Published on Jan 8, 2018

SUBSCRIBE 1.4K

I am proud to share this very first teaser of a new project I'd love to see growing. Let me show you my favorite places in the world and the way I see them. As first we chose my hometown, Nice at the French Riviera. Enjoy.

A note from my friend Phil Douglas, the filmmaker: "What a moment in time. A beautiful summer day and my elegant friend Flo to share with the camera the many sites and sounds of the magical city of Nice. Perfection."

8 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Not sure if this has been already been posted:

Florence Agrati

Published on Jan 8, 2018

SUBSCRIBE 1.4K

I am proud to share this very first teaser of a new project I'd love to see growing. Let me show you my favorite places in the world and the way I see them. As first we chose my hometown, Nice at the French Riviera. Enjoy.

A note from my friend Phil Douglas, the filmmaker: "What a moment in time. A beautiful summer day and my elegant friend Flo to share with the camera the many sites and sounds of the magical city of Nice. Perfection."

I suspect most of Lady Flo's YouTube video views come from us.  LOL.  #DougPhillipsIsATool

New, fresh "dainty morsels" from Beall's public IG account! (Bolding mine)

Liberty called me yesterday to tell me about a meeting she had had. Part of their conversation was about a mom that had contrived to have her kids stay in the same city with her. It's probably obvious that few things make me happier than having all my kids with my husband and me. But I just can't imagine pressuring any of them to orchestrate their lives so that they live near me. Besides, it's so much fun visiting them in their own worlds.

Over the winter, I had covered the cracked windows in our rental house with an old tablecloth that matches my ugly but most comfortable ever mustard chair and now I have this perfect hobbit corner for my morning reading and coffee ritual.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Not only is DPIART gallivanting around with nubile young things, he's also apparently spending all his money to do so and not giving anything to Beall to live in a decent rental.

Hey Beall - you could live in a nicer place if you got off your 50yo ass and got a J-O-B.  

On 3/20/2018 at 11:47 PM, AnnaSofia said:

note from my friend Phil Douglas, the filmmaker: "What a moment in time. A beautiful summer day and my elegant friend Flo to share with the camera the many sites and sounds of the magical city of Nice. Perfection."

Geez. As effusive and effluvia and effluent (gotta love google sometimes) as ever.

1 hour ago, Marian the Librarian said:

New, fresh "dainty morsels" from Beall's public IG account! (Bolding mine)

I noticed she also added "Happily married" to her bio line.

Ya know, just in case anyone was wondering...

43 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

I noticed she also added "Happily married" to her bio line.

Ya know, just in case anyone was wondering...

I missed that! Good spotting!

"But I just can't imagine pressuring any of them to orchestrate their lives so that they live near me."

Oh, you can't even imagine it, huh? Because just a few damn years ago you and Doug were still making it very clear that you expected all the ones with vaginas to live WITH you until they got married! 

Ugh, this liar!!!

40 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

"But I just can't imagine pressuring any of them to orchestrate their lives so that they live near me."

Oh, you can't even imagine it, huh? Because just a few damn years ago you and Doug were still making it very clear that you expected all the ones with vaginas to live WITH you until they got married! 

Ugh, this liar!!!

A quote, verbatim, from Monsieur Le Tool's interview in "Return of the Daughters" (a Botkin oeuvre):

"The Bible is replete with examples of daughters under the roof of their protecting fathers, and it's completely absent of any examples or principles that lead us to think that it's normative for a daughter just to go out on her own. Numbers 30 says "Daughters, you're under the authority of your dads."

4 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

"The Bible is replete with examples of daughters under the roof of their protecting fathers, and it's completely absent of any examples or principles that lead us to think that it's normative for a daughter just to go out on her own. Numbers 30 says "Daughters, you're under the authority of your dads."

The hard-on these assholes have for OT Jewish law is just baffling to me.

If you're a CHRISTIAN, your life is supposed to be about CHRIST.  You know, the nice guy who showed up and hung out with prostitutes and tax collectors, and basically told the Pharisees to go screw themselves, and...get this...died, rose again and DESTROYED DEATH so that we can return to God.  So CHRISTIANS are supposed to...like...TRY TO IMITATE CHRIST.

But no, let's dig up the levitical rules for daughters.  Funny how they left the ones about stoning children who transgress out of ROTD.  Probably wouldn't have made for pretty filming.

Rant over. 

From Faith's Insta:

yes, I’m still here in Durango. I’ll be in New York next week, but after that back to Durango again. It keeps on pulling me back

Dougie in NYC again?

Meanwhile, Beall and Liberty are in New Mexico for the Bataan Death March memorial. Somehow there's always enough money to show up at things like that. Plasma sales must be good.

Doug has upped his posting on the VF Facebook page in the last few days (and yes, it's definitely Doug). Takeaway: "SJWs" are silly and Trump and Biden are bad examples with their threats of mutual ass-kickings (I guess Doug is triggered by memories of being chased down the street by baseball bat-wielding former acolytes). 

17 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

(I guess Doug is triggered by memories of being chased down the street by baseball bat-wielding gun-toting former acolytes). 

FTFY.  And VF had paid to send one of those acolytes to that Executive Bodyguard training, IIRC. ;)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived