IGNORED

Joy and Austin 16: Touring the Texas Rodeo

Coconut Flan

17 hours ago, Percy said:

From my long ago obstetrician, you need an extra glass of milk and slice of bread per day to meet baby's needs.  Anything extra is Mum's wants.

Due to severe morning sickness, I did not gain much weight while pregnant..

I gained it all when they were toddlers and I would eat their leftovers as well as eating with husband when he came home. :my_blush:

Actually, Iwasn't even thinking about weight gain. It's just her general look has changed so much. She was a young, attractive, vibrant young woman and now she's like an older person. I feel bad she only got to feel young for about a year.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/9/2017 at 2:29 AM, Percy said:

From my long ago obstetrician, you need an extra glass of milk and slice of bread per day to meet baby's needs.  Anything extra is Mum's wants.

I think the rule is 300 ml water and 300 calories extra. And that doesn't really kick in until 2nd trimester.

I wear pretty much only one bra that is the only comfortable one that fits me (and I have really looked). I have it in every colour and ranging from so old it's falling apart to brand new and shiny. If they ever quit maiking them I'll be guttered and unsupported. 

I also have a couple of nursing bras that I still use sometimes since they are the prettiest bras I own. They are not as comfortable but they look very nice. They were quite expensive and I got the first one fitted at a fancy underwear store. Check out the brand Hot Milk if you have big boobs and plan on breastfeeding. 

This is just random but I wanted to throw out my guess for new Duggar grandbabies in 2018:

1. Joy, beginning of the year: boy

2. Jess, yes, again: mid 2018, girl (possibly twins, two girls)

3. and 4. Jill again and Kendra, very close together , both at the end of the year, one boy and one girl.

And my guesses for next courtships/weddings:

Either Josiah or Jedediah or Jeremiah, one of them possibly with Lauren Calwell (Kendra's younger sister) => wedding beginning of 2019 or end of 2018

Speaking of predictions, does anyone know if the fundie predictions thread for 2018 was already started?? I think they’re usually posted in November right?? 

On 11/9/2017 at 1:29 AM, Percy said:

I gained it all when they were toddlers and I would eat their leftovers as well as eating with husband when he came home. :my_blush:

Samesies!
I will also say, I know it's a common saying to suggest breastfeeding helps loose the calories, but I swear I lost most of the weight I gained the second time around (19lbs.), after giving birth to a 9lb8oz baby ~ I don't know how the Hell that happened, since I gained 50lbs the first time, with a 7lb14oz babe.  ANYWAYS, I was already down to my pre-pregnancy weight when I got discharged . . . only to immediately gain 10lbs when my milk came in!  And it would not budge until I stopped nursing at 18mo. pp *o*

I only bring it up, because Joy and I are shaped the same - large chest, short waist, and easily gain muscle (and unfortunately fat, too - speaking for myself only, Joy is.not.fat!)).  The good thing is we tend to loose it easier, too (speaking for myself primarily again, but I'd imagine Joy would as well - barring any sort of environmental/health issues).  She might easily have a "mom bod" (I hate that term with a thousand suns, but using it here for easier reference), well through nursing (if she can/does).  She'll loose it eventually, but of course chances are, she will gain it right back a few months pp, from being pregnant again :/

Somewhere on here, someone posted a side by side pic of Jill and Joy at about the same point in pregnancy.  I remember we all thought Jill carried large, but Joy is carrying larger than Jill.  Joy is shorter, so that could be why. 

I feel badly that she didn't have more time to enjoy being a young adult, out and away from her home, and more time with just being a couple.  But, then again,  these people don't value those experiences.  They value rushing into marriage and rushing into having kids.  So we feel for Joy as we observe her life from our homes, but she probably feels on the top of the world, fulfilling her destiny.  And, she knows she will have help with child rearing from her huge family, she has financial resources than most 20 year old's do not have. 

Joy will be fine.  We worry about these kids, and yes, we see a tragedy of sorts of missed opportunities and stunted lives, But we are projecting our values on to them.  Just as they project their values on to those they don't understand.  Joy has been taught and has learned that this is the pinnacle of her life.  She has seen Jessa fall in love with motherhood, and she sees how revered and admired her mother is, far and wide for her fecundity.  Joy likely is like many women at this point.  Madly in love with her hubby, and madly happy, if not a bit anxious about having her first baby. 

I am having a harder time these days mustering up much concern for the lives of these people.  At some point, the kids become complicit in continuing the cult like traditions.  They are making money from lifestyle promotion, and  they are a damn sight better off financially than they deserve to be.  Their individual lives are fine.  And I am tired of them trying to influence others to follow in the lifestyle. 

Spoiler

20171112_103034.jpg.bd01084bdc0d2d2c3f458ea79f51e24a.jpg

I just wanted share another example of the fact that that each body reacts differently to pregnancy. I'm 5ft nothing. This photo shows me at 40 weeks pregnant with first born. I do not believe in indulging myself in pregnancy. Lol  no chocolate. Gained only 10kg with the pregnancy.

My baby was born nine days after this photo at 7 lb 10. She was very long.  Hubby is 6 ft 3.

Spoiler

can't figure can't 

Can't figure out how to remove the spoiler here.

1 hour ago, calimojo said:

Joy will be fine.  We worry about these kids, and yes, we see a tragedy of sorts of missed opportunities and stunted lives, But we are projecting our values on to them.  Just as they project their values on to those they don't understand.  Joy has been taught and has learned that this is the pinnacle of her life.  She has seen Jessa fall in love with motherhood, and she sees how revered and admired her mother is, far and wide for her fecundity. 

We've also seen what's happened to Jill. 

And what's happened to Anna.

So far the batting average isn't great.

1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

We've also seen what's happened to Jill. 

And what's happened to Anna.

So far the batting average isn't great.

Fair points, but again we are projecting that they are unhappy, because we believe they should be unhappy.  Clearly Anna was unhappy, but we haven't seen enough of her lately to know if that is still the case.  And, we definitely saw Jill had fear, but again, we don't know if that equated to her being unhappy.  She seems less stressed back home, but who knows.

Still, compared to many uneducated, young mothers  they don't worry about food to eat, a roof over their heads, etc.  At least not yet.  They have lots of support from their extended families and seem to have a source of income that doesn't appear to be overly taxing. 

I guess with all that is going on in the world,  I am running out of concern for the individuals of this family.  On a larger level, I have extreme concern about patriarchal religious extremism.  The Duggar children, have far more opportunity to walk away from the cult that probably many others in their cult as they have had a decent amount of exposure to the larger world, they have traveled, they have money, and because of their fame, if they wanted to step away, they know that they would find support, find an audience, etc.  One of them just needs to want it, and then be brave enough to act on it. 

Slightly off-topic, is it comfortable when you get bigger to lay your hand underneath? It actually never hit me to think about that till I saw a few of those who posted the pictures.

Slightly off-topic, is it comfortable when you get bigger to lay your hand underneath? It actually never hit me to think about that till I saw a few of those who posted the pictures.

I totally put my hand there, like I was trying to support that new giant weight. I was huge and it was a totally subconscious move. I also had my hand on top of the belly frequently, too... pregnancy had me indulging in all kinds of stereotypical behavior.

6 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Yes, and I would often slightly lift my belly, as to ease up the tension on my muscles. My hands were always on my pregnant belly. My children reacted strongly to the warmth of my hands and would play games with my husband that way (they would place their backs to his hand, he would move his hand and they would follow across the womb. I had a lot of space, lol). It’s a great way to bond before birth. 

4 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Are rodeos loud, noisy places? I have never been to one. 

I haven't been to a rodeo in about 35 years, but I can't imagine much has changed.  When you ask about the noise level of a rodeo, it depends on the size of the crowd, but I've been to some small ones and they're still noisy.  

It's not like golf, tennis, or bowling where the announcers are subdued when they talk and the audience is restrained in their applause.  But it's not as bad as a big American football game or even worse, hearing the vuvuzelas used during some of the international football (soccer) games.  You also won't find marching bands, light shows, or fireworks displays at a rodeo.  

Instead, you've got the announcers doing their thing, announcing the next event, the next cowboy or cowgirl about to compete, the scores, filler stuff, etc.  Sometimes the announcers will get excited and shout as they describe what's happening in the ring, but they're mostly controlled when their mic is on.  The crowd is always talking amongst themselves, clapping for the competitors when they enter or leave the ring, oohing and aahing during the events, cheering when appropriate, etc.  If you leave the stands you can still hear the loudspeakers, and the audience to a lesser degree.  

In other words, I've never heard of a silent rodeo.

I had dream a few days ago that Joy and Austin announced they were having a boy through a cutesy instagram post that had the first, middle, and last name of their future boy. Can't remember the first name I think it was something that my mind is recalling as country trendy-ish, but the middle was Harrison for some reason LOL 

On November 9, 2017 at 5:41 PM, nst said:

if we are discussing bras.  I have one on that is not comfortable because it is too old.  I have a bunch of others that are new but not comfortable.  Bras are hard for ladies who are endowed...no?

to much TMI

I'm glad you said it. When I was pregnant, my boobs got huge (and I have larger sized breasts anyway).  And due to my belly, wires were a no go bc they poked me when I sat down.  Nursing bras were more forgiving, so I wore them  during most of my pregnancies.  They're not super supportive, but I wasn't buying a new bra every month and I wasn't flipping all over the place.  I don't care what someone looks like pregnant - I'm on the "do whatever makes you feel best/comfort".

9 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Are rodeos loud, noisy places? I have never been to one. 

In my experience a good portion of the audience is drunk and rowdy at rodeos so yes it can get very loud

13 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

My hands usually rested somewhere on my belly. Sometimes on top, other times underneath, or occasionally somewhere in the middle. It really depended on where I felt her moving around at any specific moment. If I hadn’t felt her for a while, I’d tap my fingers in different places on my belly until she moved a bit. Like others said, it’s great for bonding and it was incredibly reassuring for me to feel that she was still moving around and acting normally. 

1 hour ago, Calypso said:

In my experience a good portion of the audience is drunk and rowdy at rodeos so yes it can get very loud

Is that safe during pregnancy, with the loudness?

I'm going to be FTM shortly. I've noticed over the last few weeks that my hands are always resting on or around my belly. I like to feel when the babies are moving or sometimes, like previous posters have mentioned, I support my belly from underneath. However I think they mostly just rest there because it's both comfortable and convenient. I'm getting pretty big and pregnancy isn't always super comfortable. Why not at least take advantage of my temporary shelf ;)

She still looks big for being 5-6 months along and I doubt she is having twins.  I think that would have been played for PR by now.  Unless she and Austin plan to have a private life and not be a regular feature on the show.  If that were the case, Austin would definitely go up a few notches in my esteem of him. 

That is a nice pic of them.  Joy looks natural and a wee bet tired, but her smile seems genuine, and Austin looks more relaxed than he often looks in piccies. 

Hope their house is done.  Me-thinks this baby is going to come a bit earlier than planned. 

7 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Is that safe during pregnancy, with the loudness?

I'm going to assume that this is a serious question, so I'll say that sitting in the crowd at a rodeo probably won't be a problem.  Unborn babies only hear muted sounds from the outside anyway, since what they hear has to pass through clothing, skin, fat, muscle, the uterine wall, in some cases the placenta, and the amniotic fluid.  They mostly only hear the sounds of their mothers bodily functions and her voice.

Just be careful walking up and down the steps to get to your seat, and follow the usual rules for food and drink.

As for Joy, she's short and might carry large, but maybe she's stopped pushing her belly out like many women do when they're newly pregnant and want to make sure that everyone knows about it.  I'll comment on how large her belly is when her stomach sticks out six inches in front of the rest of her.  Then my comment will be "I remember being that big.  It gets worse the farther along you go, so I hope she doesn't go overdue."

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived