IGNORED

Joy and Austin 16: Touring the Texas Rodeo

Coconut Flan

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe this is another photo from the rodeo trip, courtesy of Ashley Salyer:

9579AED3-BB74-4ECC-A5F7-8BDACA716758.thumb.png.3861db86dcb80aa6022dd99718c5e195.png

Before anyone reacts - please note the shirt isn’t form fitting. If it was and her arm wasn’t blocking the view of her back, she’d have a more defined silhouette and her belly wouldn’t look as large.

I am absolutely against harming animals for entertainment! No ifs and buts, I can't stand it.

Having said that, I grew up in a farming community. It was all about subsistence, so no mass production. We were local and organic, because... historical poverty.

So, here's a story:

One day, one of my cousin's excitedly banged on our door to tell us that we were having Robby for dinner. Robby was a twin calf, abandoned by his mother, whom our grandparents had raised by hand. We all loved Robby, but it was a foregone conclusion that we'd eat him. And we were looking forward to it!

Growing up, we were taught that we give the best care we can to the farm animals, because they die so we can live. You're never cruel to animals. You keep them calm and loved until the last moment, because that's the least you can do.

It's an old-fashioned way of thinking, but it's the way I was raised. In the 1990s. I buy local, organic meat, because my conscience doesn't allow me to do anything else.

BUT I won't blame anyone who doesn't. I can literally afford to follow my conscience and that's a luxury. I can pick and choose, but will be damned before I judge those who can't and do whatever they have to do to survive.

Is it possible that Joy is preggo with twins?  Regardless of the fit of the shirt, she still looks like she's further into her pregnancy than what single-child pregnancy would normally be (in this never-been-pregnant woman's expert opinion...ha!).  We all know that premarital sex is improbable, but twins are very probable...

5 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Is it possible that Joy is preggo with twins?  Regardless of the fit of the shirt, she still looks like she's further into her pregnancy than what single-child pregnancy would normally be (in this never-been-pregnant woman's expert opinion...ha!).  We all know that premarital sex is improbable, but twins are very probable...

I don't think she looks that much bigger, I think she's gained more weight than is generally suggested. No judgment, just by looking at the shape of the bump, her arms, face, etc.

If it was twins, we'd know it for sure.

Twins were bound to happen in that family sooner or later. From a genetics site:

Compared with the general population, women with a mother or sister who have had DZ twins are about twice as likely to have DZ twins themselves.

(DZ meaning dizygotic aka fraternal twins). There are two sets of fraternal twins amongst Joy's siblings. Then again we've speculated about twins before and they've turned out to be large singletons. As Joy seems to be rather private and hasn't said anything about gender or multiplicity I reckon we won't know until the birth.

Is it me or her boobs kinda... dropped or something? Maybe it’s the shirt but they look kinda weird.

i’m really ignorant on pregnancy so idk if it’s something that’s usually or not.. does anyone know?? Am I just seeing things?

15 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

I think it's just her body type. She is just that thicker type that fills out all around when pregnant. Is she 5 months, or around 20 weeks? I had twins, obviously, and at 20 weeks I was much, much smaller than Joy is there. But I've got a completely different body type than her. 

It could of course be twins, because why not, but for now I think it's just her body type. 

And if it looks like her boobs dropped or whatever, it's probably a combo of a bad bra and bad posture. 

I think all the Duggar girls have a slightly higher likelihood of having fraternal twins. It’s something you can inherit from your mother’s side (hyperfertility maybe?). I believe it’s something that the Duggar boys could pass along to their daughters- I think that’s why you sometimes hear that twins “skip a generation”.

Jessa and especially Jill have also carried big and have had big babies. Joy also presumably has less than stellar dietary habits and sway back from carrying babies and toddlers around at a way too young age. I'm not surprised she carries big. If she were expecting twins, I figure we'd know.

I wonder if the Forsyths are keeping the sex of the baby a secret, or maybe waiting to find out. The girl in the white dress had her sex reveal that day and she's due around the same time as Joy.

35 minutes ago, twinmama said:

And if it looks like her boobs dropped or whatever, it's probably a combo of a bad bra and bad posture. 

You’re right I’m thinking that’s what it is. Her boobs have grown with pregnancy and maybe she hasn’t bought a new bra yet.  I hope she’s encouraged to buy better fitting bras so she isn’t super uncomfortable later on in pregnancy, I can’t imagine the back pain :my_confused:

I know nothing (less than nothing) about pregnancy and carrying large small high low. 

But that shirt does look remarkably similar to one Jill wore when she was pregnant with Izzy. 

Screenshot_20171106-184407.png

8 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

I know nothing (less than nothing) about pregnancy and carrying large small high low. 

But that shirt does look remarkably similar to one Jill wore when she was pregnant with Izzy. 

Screenshot_20171106-184407.png

It's probably the same one. In my family (who is not the Duggars and has never had a communal closet) there is a giant rubbermaid tub-full of maternity clothes that gets passed around between the sister/in-laws. Granted, this is probably harder to do in a Duggar family when multiple women can be pregnant at any given time and/or if I'm going to be perpetually pregnant, I'd rather make my own permanent-maternity wardrobe.

Unfortunately for me if I ever become with-spawn, I'm about 4 inches shorter than the shortest sister sharing clothes so most of the bottoms won't work. 

13 minutes ago, twinmama said:

I think it's just her body type. She is just that thicker type that fills out all around when pregnant. Is she 5 months, or around 20 weeks? I had twins, obviously, and at 20 weeks I was much, much smaller than Joy is there. But I've got a completely different body type than her. 

It could of course be twins, because why not, but for now I think it's just her body type. 

Back on October 2 she posted that Baby Forsyth was the size of a bell pepper, which would be around 18 weeks. So she’s probably 23 weeks at this point. 

32 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

This conversation happens pretty much every time a Duggar is pregnant. I’m pretty sure we have the exact same conversation every time. :pb_lol: 

Regardless, there are so many factors that can determine bump size that have nothing to do with the number of babies. Placental placement, waist length, size of the baby, position of the baby, diet, what the mother just ate, exercise, angle of the uterus, posture, whether it’s her first pregnancy or not... any of these (and likely more) can impact how big a woman looks while pregnant. There is no “normal” size that applies to all women for that reason.

I’m 5’7”, have a long waist, my daughter’s placenta attached close to my spine, and my daughter is genetically big. I tried to eat healthy (but wasn’t perfect at all) and got a lot of exercise in thanks to walking my dog. While I measured a week ahead of schedule towards the end of my pregnancy I wasn’t obviously pregnant until halfway through because my daughter had more room to grow and move around thanks to my long waist. I likely gained between 25 and 35 pounds - I’ve never been too sure, but my prenatal tests and  bloodwork all indicated we were both perfectly healthy and my Doctors weren’t concerned so I just rolled with it.  

Joy seems to be shortwaisted, meaning the baby doesn’t have much room vertically. She’s also shorter than I am - I don’t remember how short, but I’m pretty sure she’s somewhere around 5’3” or 5’4”. Her two sisters who have children have both had very big babies - that seems partly due to nutrition (at the very least in Jessa’s case), but it seems like their boys are just genetically big as well. Joy’s clothing, posture, and pose gives the illusion that she is much bigger then she likely is as well. Her shirt doesn’t appear to be a maternity shirt to me and that can make a huge difference for a lot of women - maternity clothing tends to stretch and flatter much better for many pregnant women. 

And just for comparision, here’s Joy at 23 weeks (this week) and me at 26 weeks (October 2016.) Note the differences - I’m wearing fitted black clothes, the curve of my back is fully visible, and my silhouette is well defined. I guarantee you I would have looked much larger had I been wearing Joy’s clothes and posing like her. 

29D55EB9-AA0B-4D99-9F3D-1A573345D58D.thumb.jpeg.885f6801fcd363995250c2817bfabe81.jpeg

And anyone who has knocked the hand on belly pose before, please note where my hand is. It was there A LOT during my pregnancy - it’s a comfort or protective thing for many pregnant women, not just the Duggars.

(Sorry the photos don’t line up better. I had to crop mine more because privacy. Lol!)

15 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

[snip]

It definitely looks like the same shirt. Good eye!

1 minute ago, Casserole said:

It's probably the same one. In my family (who is not the Duggars and has never had a communal closet) there is a giant rubbermaid tub-full of maternity clothes that gets passed around between the sister/in-laws. Granted, this is probably harder to do in a Duggar family when multiple women can be pregnant at any given time and/or if I'm going to be perpetually pregnant, I'd rather make my own permanent-maternity wardrobe.

Unfortunately for me if I ever become with-spawn, I'm about 4 inches shorter than the shortest sister sharing clothes so most of the bottoms won't work. 

Just in case you (or anyone else) ever need jeans: Target maternity jeans were the best things ever for me. I held off on wearing them for a long time because I thought they’d be uncomfortable, but I was so wrong. They’re far more comfortable than normal jeans are and they fit me really well too. 

Actually, Target in general was fantastic for everyday maternity clothes in my opinion. I couldn’t share with my sister because of size differences, but she had a lot of luck at Target too.

In @VelociRapture post i think its really clear that the biggest difference is that Joy is shorter and short waisted and veloci isnt.  Also the clothing is doing opposite things. Both women look completely normal and great. I wish we could accept women have different bodies and carry pregnancies different! Its kinda rude and offensive to constantantly clutch pearls over how huge (or tiny) pregnant women are. Let the woman gestate! That said girl is in the thick of it and it makes me a little sad shes so young but she looks happy and wonderful. 

I carried all my pregnancies differently. #1 child was in my throat...I carried her high, right under my boobs. My belly button got places 10 minutes before I did. She was 7lb 9oz, 19.5in long, born 8 days after her due date. #2 child was a cute little volleyball, I never got very big with him. He was 7lbs even, 19in long, born 3 weeks before his due date. #3 child I carried between my knees. His head was jammed in my pelvis from fairly early on. He was 7lb 4oz. 21in long and also about 3 weeks early. Giving birth to #3 was like giving birth to spaghetti...I swear they would never get his feet out of me...he left one last kick on my raw cervix. He caused my pelvis to separate and it was probably 6 months before I could walk right. 

So...the point I'm attempting to make is that different people carry differently, even from pregnancy to pregnancy. 

I was checking the Wikipedia page for Duggar birthdays (from a convo on another thread), and I see that "Baby Forsyth" is a pink box. Has the baby's sex been announced?

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I was checking the Wikipedia page for Duggar birthdays (from a convo on another thread), and I see that "Baby Forsyth" is a pink box. Has the baby's sex been announced?

No, at least not to the public.

45 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Regardless, there are so many factors that can determine bump size that have nothing to do with the number of babies. Placental placement, waist length, size of the baby, position of the baby, diet, what the mother just ate, exercise, angle of the uterus, posture, whether it’s her first pregnancy or not... any of these (and likely more) can impact how big a woman looks while pregnant. There is no “normal” size that applies to all women for that reason.

But what about the super accurate estimate from a random "doctor" that a gossip mag found who was able to estimate how many weeks pregnant Joy was from a single photo? It's all lies??

And I'm short/shortwaisted. I'm imagining myself as a bowling ball with a head, arms, and legs attached when I'm pregnant...

Seeing Joy in that shirt just makes me feel uncomfortable.I do not miss being big and pregnant. 

Also, I'm jealous of anyone that found cute maternity jeans. I didn't. I just bought normal jeans one size bigger than I was. :pb_lol: 

I'm fat and not ashamed to admit I wear maternity jeans cuz they're stretchy and super comfy!! I'm also short and short waisted. If I had ever been pregnant it would have shown immediately.

My sister is tall and thin and even at 9 months pregnant she looked better and weighed less than me. Life is not fair.

Joy has said nothing about her pregnancy other than she's pregnant, and she's given 2 bump pics. I don't think they will share the sex or if it is twins until the birth.  Perhaps they don't have internet in their motor home, though I would hope they have that house done by know, it has been 6 months. Austin strikes me as a quiet type and probably not keen on sharing his business with the world, I'm guessing we won't here much from them aside from the few updates here and there like we get now. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived