IGNORED

Chelsea Instagram

Milly-Molly-Mandy

My mother was told that my twin sister and I would be boys because we moved around so much in utero, which I... don't agree with that logic. I was said to have kicked my sister in the head a few times, too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

My mom didn't find out with me, and apparently when they scooped me out during the c-section, my mom yelled out "what flavor is it?"

• Haha 9
  • Love 2

On 8/30/2018 at 2:04 AM, Rachel333 said:

Oh Frankie was into the party! It was actually Grace who said that those parties are ridiculous, and Frankie disagreed but said that they'll also have to throw a gender decision party.

And on the topic of both Grace and Frankie and vagina balloons...

Hide contents

medium-clean.jpg

:pb_lol:

I need to find out where they got those balloons

On 8/30/2018 at 2:18 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I would obviously ask my hypothetical transgender kid's express permission to do this and I would never dream of doing it if my kid wasn't 10000% on board, but I always thought it would be kinda fun to have "WHOOPS MY BAD IT'S A BOY/GIRL/NEITHER" as a theme for a transgender coming out/starting hormones party. I have seen some trans people throw "it's a boy/girl" parties to celebrate coming out and I always thought that was kinda cute. 

As for revealing the sex of a baby, I don't see anything wrong with a pink/blue balloon or whatever, but the full-on parties are ridiculous and I especially don't like the over-the-top gendering. Pink or blue, fine, lace or violence, not fine. 

I saw a image that was going around the internet of a correction in the birth announcement pages where parents were like, “Oops! We were wrong, we had a boy!” 

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6254446

I think of the kid is 100% into it, a party or something is a great way to show your support and could be fun.

On 8/30/2018 at 11:39 PM, CatholicLite said:

My mother was told that my twin sister and I would be boys because we moved around so much in utero, which I... don't agree with that logic. I was said to have kicked my sister in the head a few times, too. 

My brothers are twins and growing up I’d always tell them they clearly got kicked in the head repeatedly in the womb.

• Upvote 4

Secondhand story, but told to me by two doctors I've worked with, both very reliable sources who independently mentioned the other was there:

A couple was planning a reveal at the birth: blue or pink balloon with glitter to be popped by the dad so they could get a shot of surprised mummy holding the baby as glitter flew everywhere.  In the birth suite.  Midwife said no.  Then they ended up with a caesar, and were complaining that they weren't allowed to do it in there, so didn't want anyone to tell the mum the sex until they could do it in the postpartum area. Baby comes out, dad sees the genitals and it's a pretty much silent room because everyone's avoiding letting it slip.  Baby goes to mum, all bundled up.  Then they complained that the anaesthetics assistant accidentally used whatever pronoun and gave it away to the mum (I want to say he, so it could have been a default anyway, who knows).  I mean okay, have your moment.  It's a special moment for many people. When I worked in obstetrics I was always happy to let dad announce it or show not say or help blow up a blue balloon to show the big brother or whatever if I could feasibly do it! But don't expect to strew glitter all over a birth suite, operating theatre or postpartum ward or expect everyone to be on tiptoes to forget the baby's sex when they've just seen its genitals and they're occupied doing things to keep you alive/not in pain.

Edited by jozina
  • Upvote 15

On 8/31/2018 at 5:39 AM, CatholicLite said:

It's Bontragers logic. Boys are manly and kick hard. Girls are meek and stay quiet in the uterus. 

In fact, all babies move the same. But depending on their position and where placenta is placed, the mother feels the movements harder or softer. For example with my elder, the placenta was just under my belly (so it was: skin, placenta, baby). I didn't felt him a lot, and kicks weren't hard.

• Upvote 4

• 5 months later...

The ruffles lady is at it still!

Spoiler

Screenshot_2019-02-03-23-16-03.thumb.png.29cff51e9a50771cec6e2c8024c830be.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-16-19.thumb.png.6640d0dc3881022411b2826e869ec507.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-16-44.thumb.png.8ab389fa01f74a843c6868dbf9271bbe.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-18-08.thumb.png.03a39720e1d69d04f6a01b148fd2c886.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-17-14.thumb.png.65683fbbd08bf32a5c67fbda131a7005.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-19-05.thumb.png.10fb159d23eff5b7647f5be552c57fef.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-19-49.thumb.png.40b529940d754794bfabf142b483c963.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-20-23.thumb.png.5ddde1d66532601bdd3fd7cea3cb2d06.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-20-40.thumb.png.ad0c50263e7a6fecbccc65a5d8771ca9.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-21-08.thumb.png.4cdc8a13696768739c919980930f16f6.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-21-17.thumb.png.ae68a0539f29e05f89cfbb582495f6fa.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-24-10.thumb.png.eceb3b02a478fb83ead714d81c9f796c.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-24-25.thumb.png.9b580eae1bf691e6628b9cb71eb9a69d.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-25-47.thumb.png.293d88a74cd0066d6fd2146901a1d44a.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-26-16.thumb.png.aece4f6573d7fe04768479f556259814.pngScreenshot_2019-02-03-23-26-37.thumb.png.4807aa9b7a24127043488dd703b96cb9.png

Screenshot_2019-02-03-23-23-20.png

Screenshot_2019-02-04-01-35-16.jpg

Edited by squiddysquid
spoiler photos. Yep, that poor baby is called Brijette...
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 10

48 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

And the Chelsea Pomeroy is still dressing her 12?13? Year old in BIBS

Screenshot_2019-02-03-23-04-11.png

Screenshot_2019-02-03-23-04-16.png

The oldest girl might be Chelsea’s sister’s daughter. I think she has the oldest of the girls. Her sister has three daughters and Chelsea has 4. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, the oldest girl is Olivia-Kate, Nicole’s daughter (Chelsea’s sister). These are my guilty pleasure fundie obsession. 

Side note - kinda - but Chelsea’s MIL instagram is so full of hateful bullshit. The woman is obsessed with Trump and one of her grandkids actually had a MAGA baby layette. Not surprising coming from the Pomeroys. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1

• 6 months later...

Well she’s pregnant again and apparently this one, like Charlotte was meant to be, is actually a boy. But she’s keeping the sex quiet except all her friends in the comments and MIL mention it’s a boy. Due November. 

Her sister https://instagram.com/mum2oliviakatecaroline.lucybea?igshid=k00lpq1v9z are no longer following each other. They are no longer even in photos at the girls birthday parties like they where last year. Man I wish I could know exactly what went down. How awkward. They attend the same church. Same small school. Same friends. 

• Sad 1
  • Thank You 2

I hope this thread gets a revival with the news of Little Lord Pomeroy (lawd, kid's not even out of the womb and is already the favourite because boy).

Their falling out is such a mystery. Imagine how their Christmas parties/family parties must be like.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, HeadshipRegent said:

I hope this thread gets a revival with the news of Little Lord Pomeroy (lawd, kid's not even out of the womb and is already the favourite because boy).

Their falling out is such a mystery. Imagine how their Christmas parties/family parties must be like.

At one point, I know I had a theory. But now I can’t remember! I’m really trying to remember. I think my theory had something to do with Chelsea having to come up with a baby name for Caroline last minute because she thought she was having a boy for so long. Nicole was pregnant at that time with a girl. I think my theory was that Chelsea stole Nicole’s baby name (Caroline). I have no proof of this. Just total speculation. 

• Upvote 2

They do dress their girls over the top, even by their religion’s exacting standards. That little baby will certainly be dressed up like a doll. 

I know they all wear their hair long, but can girls or women get their hair trimmed? Can boys and men wear shorts beyond swim wear? Is post secondary education encouraged for women? 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, HeadshipRegent said:

I hope this thread gets a revival with the news of Little Lord Pomeroy

I love this name, and I picture him being dressed like Gwen Shamblin Lara's grandson. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Markie said:

They do dress their girls over the top, even by their religion’s exacting standards. That little baby will certainly be dressed up like a doll. 

I know they all wear their hair long, but can girls or women get their hair trimmed? Can boys and men wear shorts beyond swim wear? Is post secondary education encouraged for women? 

The thing is, I think there are a lot of different Pentecostal groups in the US. Some are much more strict than others. Chelsea and Nicole’s group seems to be a little more strict in my opinion. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Markie said:

Hair cutting is a big no no for most Apostolic Pentecostals, including trimming. I believe their church believes in covering elbows to knees, including men.  And yeah, a few of the ones I know do go to post secondary school, idk if they restrict majors but girls are allowed to go to college. 

• Upvote 4

I follow a bunch of them from that church. A lot of the young women (many married) are at college, even getting doctorates. However most the mothers seem to be SAHM or sell plexus etc. 

ok I’ll pay a bottle of vodka for whoever finds out the actual story behind the fall out....desperate to know if what I heard what the truth! 

Edited by Milly-Molly-Mandy
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to know about the fall-out between the sisters, too, although it makes me sad for the girls.  They used to see their cousins and play with them regularly.  They still attend the same church and church school, so I wonder if they are allowed to have interactions there. 

Something interesting about Chelsea's Instagram is that it looks like she's selling off boy clothes that match some of the girl clothes she's selling?  I'm guessing now that her girls have gotten older, they can't fit into the matching outfits that she bought for the boy she thought she was having a while ago.  Gotta match 'em all!  Poor kids!  Can't they just have fun in play clothes?  Do they all have to obsessively match?  The hairlines on the girls look painful.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

52 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

I'd love to know about the fall-out between the sisters, too, although it makes me sad for the girls.  They used to see their cousins and play with them regularly.  They still attend the same church and church school, so I wonder if they are allowed to have interactions there. 

Something interesting about Chelsea's Instagram is that it looks like she's selling off boy clothes that match some of the girl clothes she's selling?  I'm guessing now that her girls have gotten older, they can't fit into the matching outfits that she bought for the boy she thought she was having a while ago.  Gotta match 'em all!  Poor kids!  Can't they just have fun in play clothes?  Do they all have to obsessively match?  The hairlines on the girls look painful.

I would love to know how much she initially spends on the clothing and then how much money she gets back from selling it.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...

I can’t believe that Nicole’s oldest daughter is still made to wear those outfits when she’s 13. I wonder what her friends make of it all, if they’re just very understanding or what. Is the matchy-matchiness still going to be happening when she’s 16 and having to match her 8 year old sister? 

I wonder what Little Lord Pomeroy’s name will be.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I wonder what Little Lord Pomeroy’s name will be.

According to the comments, he'll be Seth Pomeroy the ?. I'm not sure what the medal emoji is supposed to mean, but I assume it's Seth Pomeroy III or Seth Pomeroy IV. In any case, a comment asks if the girls are disappointed that they don't get to help name him. 

• Thank You 4