IGNORED

I want to tell stories

Denonner

17 minutes ago, barnacles said:

I have a feeling she's found someone or something else to attach herself to.  I don't think she knows how to function without a guru and something to feel self-righteous about. 

She's probably the only human being on earth who is BOTH a Universalist and a Flat-Earther, and she's quite passionate about both on social media. But, well, this is Jen we're talking about, so who knows how long either of those beliefs will last. She needs to keep "learning and growing," you know. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 4

I haven't looked at Jen's FB for ages but I see that she is still into every conspiracy theory going, she just loves to be different, and is a big Trump fan.  No surprise. 

Is the Leazer Group an MLM or does it just strongly resemble one?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I haven't looked at Jen's FB for ages but I see that she is still into every conspiracy theory going, she just loves to be different, and is a big Trump fan.  No surprise. 

Jen is always trying to recruit people on her FB page, so I think it's probably MLM. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Jen is always trying to recruit people on her FB page, so I think it's probably MLM. 

It is all that upline downline chatter.  She just had a huge FB fight with someone for dropping out of TLG as though she'd been betrayed personally.  Jen has a very "difficult" personality, to put it politely.;)

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, barnacles said:

If we could ever put together a VF Big Brother house with Doug, Beall, Jen, Darnell, Bradrick, Kevin Swanson, etc.  I would watch the shit out of that.

So brilliant. With drop ins from Spanky, Flo, A Duggar, Nolan. Wow. What a show.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

And is it a Christian MLM? Every time I see Leazer, my mind tries to combine the words Lazarus + sleaze. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

She just had a huge FB fight with someone for dropping out of TLG as though she'd been betrayed personally.

Well, if that person was part of Jen's downline.... ;-)

Yes, she is intense and crazy as a bed bug.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

So brilliant. With drop ins from Spanky, Flo, A Duggar, Nolan. Wow. What a show.

If they were willing to star in it I would crowdfund this so hard. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

If they were willing to star in it I would crowdfund this so hard. 

And if they managed to get @JohnRobertMoore too, to stir things up, flirt outrageously with everyone, and steal Flo away from Doug to make movies with him instead, I'd probably join you in the crowdfunding. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

And if they managed to get @JohnRobertMoore too, to stir things up, flirt outrageously with everyone, and steal Flo away from Doug to make movies with him instead, I'd probably join you in the crowdfunding. 

Special guest appearances by Scott Brown! Oh please, oh please... :pray:

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

My mom checked up on him via fb a few weeks ago, wow has he changed. This has probably already been discussed on the site, but I think he is trying too hard.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

This has probably already been discussed on the site, but I think he is trying too hard.

I don't think he knows quite who he is yet.  I see him as a bit of a mixed up kid still.  I do think he has been through a lot.  He's left Fundamentalism and burned a lot of boats there, likes to be outrageous, goes back and works for people who promote Fundie values, but does seem to be changing in some areas.

I've torn a few strips of JRM in my time (as have others here) for various reasons.  I will say that I think his saving grace is a wicked sense of humor.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Big Brother is my summer guilty pleasure and all this talk of a fundie version sounds so awesome I’m almost willing to get down on my knees and pray for it. Almost. 

• Upvote 1

Fundy Big Brother would be heaven!  Imagine Steve Anderson, the Pecan Thief, Jill Rod, a Botkinette, a Boyer, let's say Derick Dillard, Lawson Bates, Lori and I can't decide which Shupe... 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Hi Deanna, have you ever met the Morton Clan? How have the former VF community reacted to Alen Smith’s crime and Katie’s subsequent  divorce?

For some reason I have always had a soft spot for Kelly Brown – Bradrick and  was happy for her and Peter when they left Texas and  genuinely sorry when their marriage fell apart.

These are two high-profile divorces in the Fundieland in which neither of women possesses an education  or means of supporting herself  or her children.   In the “Return of The Daughters”  Peter spoke rather unfavorably of a nursing degree that Kelly may have had and how it would have been a waste of time and effort on her part to attain it. Is there any talk about relaxing the rules on educating females just in case something like this happens? 

Edited by Mrs. Bean
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Hi Deanna,

I am from a very liberal bubble of queers and atheists and UUs so hearing about your experiences is like having the chance to talk to a world traveler who also Time travels.

I am wondering as a disabled person myself how did VF treat kids and adults with disabilities? Did people try to pray away autism and dyslexia or did they get their kids help? I can’t imagine homeschooling a kid with learning disabilities without training in how to do it. How did any families manage, if you know? 

Also, your family seemed much more into doing actual schooling than some families we follow and you obviously read a ton. Did this set you apart from other kids? Did you know that you were better educated?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Special guest appearances by Scott Brown! Oh please, oh please... :pray:

I'd make Lourdes and Kelly B. the God-like ringleaders of the whole mess.  Let them set the terms, the challenges, change the living environment as they see fit.  Basically let them manipulate the hell out of the very people who manipulated them for so long.  I'd make a separate control room so they could do it all from a remote location and would't actually have to interact face to face with those assholes.  

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4

On 10/27/2017 at 3:50 PM, Lurky said:

Fundy Big Brother would be heaven!  Imagine Steve Anderson, the Pecan Thief, Jill Rod, a Botkinette, a Boyer, let's say Derick Dillard, Lawson Bates, Lori and I can't decide which Shupe... 

The problem with the Big Brother format is that somebody gets voted out every week. Can we vote another person in every week? Better yet, make the HoH room the Cornucopia equivalent and have it be like the Fundie Hunger Games.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Naga Viper said:

The problem with the Big Brother format is that somebody gets voted out every week. Can we vote another person in every week?

Or both! Just have a set number and people can be replaced. For once, fundies being Quiverfull comes in handy - an unending supply of madness. 

• Upvote 2

I think you mentioned the Botkins.  We've all long wondered why Pappy Botkin can't seem to marry off those two daughters of his. We suspected Natty Darnell made a play for one of them but was rebuffed. I'd love some insight into what's going on with Anna-Sofia and Elizabeth. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• 2 years later...

I don't know if you're still answering questions, but were you the bridesmaid/flower girl in Tracey Leininger/Craven's wedding? 

On 10/25/2017 at 6:16 PM, Denonner said:

It was pretty gradual. Some things went quickly and others didn't. It was more that I realized it just wasn't feasible for an adult to subscribe to a worldview just because my parents said so. I had to start thinking about why I believed what I did, and why I would reject the things I didn't. 

I've gone through a lot of phases in my thinking and I'm still learning more every day. I don't know where I'll end up, but I do know that God seems a lot more real now than he did when I only thought of him as some angry judgemental dad in the sky. 

It was more of a holiness and education divide than material wealth. If I had wanted to, maybe I could have become like the Botkin sisters.  But I was never interested in trying to access that higher level or to become some wise theological daughter. I would much rather be someone people can approach for comfort when they are hurting. 

Edited by Laura2730