IGNORED

I want to tell stories

Denonner

Do you know how aware the VF crowd was of FJ? I'm assuming at least the inner circle kept a pretty good eye on us because spelling errors would stay there until we pointed them out and then they would quickly be fixed. Once or twice I would think it was a coincidence, but over and over and over, it is pretty clear they were reading here and fixing spelling errors after we pointed them out. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

It's so appropriate that Tool-o-ween is coming up! :) 

So true lol. 

I hereby dedicate this post to Tool-O-Ween.

;D

• Upvote 17
  • Love 12

Re: the Botkin family - I got the impression they did everything possible to distance themselves from VF and Doug immediately following Tool-O-Ween, and they've seemed to be going ever more deeply underground since then. Your thoughts? 

And thanks for being here! 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

Do you know how aware the VF crowd was of FJ? I'm assuming at least the inner circle kept a pretty good eye on us because spelling errors would stay there until we pointed them out and then they would quickly be fixed. Once or twice I would think it was a coincidence, but over and over and over, it is pretty clear they were reading here and fixing spelling errors after we pointed them out. 

Honey. This is a gossip board that talks about narcissists. Everyone read it, some just to laugh, some to get indignant. 

Everyone wants to eavesdrop on their own name being gossiped. It's human nature. Those of us who remember that eavesdroppers rarely hear anything good about themselves are just the ones who come away without butthurt.

<rant>Though, I did get mad a few times when y'all would say untrue things about my Mom. That wasn't cool, but hey.  Nobody likes it when people talk shit about their mother and anyway Free Speech, right? </rant>

4 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Re: the Botkin family - I got the impression they did everything possible to distance themselves from VF and Doug immediately following Tool-O-Ween, and they've seemed to be going ever more deeply underground since then. Your thoughts? 

And thanks for being here! 

Who can blame them? I never got a bad vibe off of any of the Botkins, they just seemed very idealistic to me. I think they did the smart thing by creating distance.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

What can you tell us about the San Antonio Christian Film Festival? Did you work at the ceremonies with your family, or were you allowed to relax and "enjoy" it? Were you allowed backstage? Any interesting stories? 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I don’t have a question because I haven’t read enough about VF. I just want to thank you for taking the time come by though. :) 

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Denonner said:

Honey. This is a gossip board that talks about narcissists. Everyone read it, some just to laugh, some to get indignant. 

Honey.  Slight correction:  This is a snark board that also talks about the dangers of Fundamentalism - and the narcissists that preach it.

I'm sure many laugh when we get details wrong.  Some must get indignant, especially when we get it right. 

And some come here to talk honestly.  For many reasons.

• Upvote 26
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 5

1 minute ago, DomWackTroll said:

What can you tell us about the San Antonio Christian Film Festival? Did you work at the ceremonies with your family, or were you allowed to relax and "enjoy" it? Were you allowed backstage? Any interesting stories? 

My dad usually had to do door duty during the films but us kids would pair up and watch movies all day. It was definitely the fun event of the year, and we got free dinner at a mexican grill in downtown SA. 

One time someone was working on 0 hrs of sleep and was standing on a stage being security for whoever was talking and he faceplanted right off the stage. 

Another time someone was helping break down the event late at night and fell down an up escalator

Most of the really funny stuff happened to other people though. I was more concerned with how good the movies were and whether I got to hang out with my crush (no one yall know) lol

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Honey.  Slight correction:  This is a snark board that also talks about the dangers of Fundamentalism - and the narcissists that preach it.

I'm sure many laugh when we get details wrong.  Some must get indignant, especially when we get it right. 

And some come here to talk honestly.  For many reasons.

Well when you're talking endlessly about other people and going off the track from discussion to silliness, people tend to get more indignant about the silliness and dismissive of the genuine concern. It's hard to maintain an orderly debate or discussion on any topic.

• Upvote 14

14 minutes ago, Denonner said:

My dad usually had to do door duty during the films but us kids would pair up and watch movies all day. It was definitely the fun event of the year, and we got free dinner at a mexican grill in downtown SA. 

One time someone was working on 0 hrs of sleep and was standing on a stage being security for whoever was talking and he faceplanted right off the stage. 

Another time someone was helping break down the event late at night and fell down an up escalator

Most of the really funny stuff happened to other people though. I was more concerned with how good the movies were and whether I got to hang out with my crush (no one yall know) lol

Well when you're talking endlessly about other people and going off the track from discussion to silliness, people tend to get more indignant about the silliness and dismissive of the genuine concern. It's hard to maintain an orderly debate or discussion on any topic.

Hey, that's FreeJinger!  Sometimes we just need a break from the stupid.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, Denonner said:

It's hard to maintain an orderly debate or discussion on any topic.

Yet somehow we manage to do so on a fairly regular basis! 

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, crazysnark said:

Why are we being so cunty to the woman coming here with all inside information? 

Who is we? I and a few others are being quite polite in my opinion. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Who is we? I and a few others are being quite polite in my opinion. 

I did not plan on calling anyone personally but formergothardite and palimpset. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7
  • Confused 4
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

I did not plan on calling anyone personally but formergothardite and palimpset. 

I would never use the word cunty to describe their posts. Deanna used a touch of snark so they used a touch of snark back. Pretty normal interaction if you ask me.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Wow - we're approaching the fourth anniversary of Tool-O-Ween. It hardly seems possible; time flies when you're having fun. In honor of same, here's one of my favorite LOL Dougs. Enjoy this blast from the past...

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 5.17.00 PM.png

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 14
  • Love 3

I wasn't actually trying to be mean, if I was I would have been a lot meaner. I guess I should have explained myself better. Despite silliness, we do have really good debates and discussions here. Deanna had been snarky in some of her posts so I didn't think I needed to coat everything in sugar for her. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Because when a fundie shows up asking us to ask questions and wanting the attention only to be bitchy, well it is FJ.  The snark board of some awesome strong women. I wouldn't say gossip site, although that made laugh!  Maybe to the fundies that know each other, yeah, it would be.  

I've never seen one of these live and occasionally thought people were harsh in past ones but not anymore!  

Edited by Beermeet
More words.
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Sometimes people do take a rumor or assumption and run with it as fact and truth.  We see it all the time in some family threads. 

• Upvote 13

yes, we should all leave burnt offerings at the alter of all pet fundies who offer information.

I mean, clearly Cabinetman, KISA, and this poster must all be groveled in front of as a way of eliciting information.  :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I wasn't actually trying to be mean, if I was I would have been a lot meaner. I guess I should have explained myself better. Despite silliness, we do have really good debates and discussions here. Deanna had been snarky in some of her posts so I didn't think I needed to coat everything in sugar for her. 

We are all adults here, of course there is no need to sugar coat everything. However, it seemed as if some posters were being pretty hostile towards her by mocking the way she talks/types and then dismissing some of her concerns about false information that was said about her mother. I also don't know much about the family at all so I wasn't aware if there was any previous history with the poster, which is why I asked why we were being cunty. If there was some "beef" I didn't know about it would have made sense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 13
  • Bless Your Heart 2

28 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

Why are we being so cunty to the woman coming here with all inside information? 

Giving snark back isn’t being c—ty. It’s a promotional response and one I thought was hilarious on both sides. Welcome @Denonner . Snark away. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

Back to the topic-I've always wondered whatbit's like to go from one way of life to another. You are an adult now, living the life of your choice. What was the progression like-not private details, just generalizations-to move from the life chosen for you to the one you chose? 

You married young then moved on. You clearly don't hold to many of the fundamentalist beliefs you were raised with. I assume you made conscious decisions to go your way. And I also assume it wasn't easy given the world you great up in. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Totally, Den

Edited by Beermeet
My phone is being such a butt disregard