IGNORED

I want to tell stories

Denonner

Hey guys. Deanna Coghlan here. I'm in a mood and I want to talk shit about DPIAT and Vision Forum. I'll answer some questions about my childhood if I deem them appropriate, but I'm not looking to gossip about my family. 

For real though I want to talk shit. Ask me lol

• Upvote 22
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 8

Hi Deanna.  I'm sure you have found the VF threads and read them.

Have you been following DPIAT's recent career moves and would you like to comment.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Did Doug pay all back wages due to his employees when he liquidated VF, Inc.  

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

How in the world did people think the Titanic thing was a good idea? 

How did people take his "manly romps" seriously?

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Tell a story about Doug being weird!

Once upon a time my dad was working late, and several of us kids were with him. Then he told us that DPIAT wanted us to go into the retail store and not come out for a while. I peeked and saw DPIAT all scruffy and wearing a t-shirt and athletic shorts running down the hall with his laptop towards the conference room. Apparently we were unworthy to view him in any but his tailored glory. Also, he took his laptop into the bathroom with him, which at the time I thought was beyond weird. Thus endeth the tale of the time i saw him dressed as a normal guy. 

• Upvote 18
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 17
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

How in the world did people think the Titanic thing was a good idea? 

Or the hazardous journeys ...

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Hi Deanna.  I'm sure you have found the VF threads and read them.

Have you been following DPIAT's recent career moves and would you like to comment.

I saw the post about him doing photography for burlesque dancers in Berlin...I wasn't surprised. 

17 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Did Doug pay all back wages due to his employees when he liquidated VF, Inc.  

There may have been some kind of "sorry my dick lost you your jobs" kind of severance thing, but nothing big. Nothing that made up for the pay cut my dad took during the low income season at VF Inc so that DPIAT could take his lecture making trip to Scotland.

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 6
  • Love 3

How did DPIAT think Christmas should be celebrated?  Was he OK with followers and employees not going along with his ideas about it?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Or the hazardous journeys ...

How would I know what people thought lol. I know I thought of it more as the boys with their stupid boy penises were allowed to do the fun things, and girls were supposed to be okay with just staying home all the time. I think the moment when I actively thought "okay, this is definitely BS" was when I listened to the lecture the Botkin girls gave which was supposed to be on adventurous femininity and how The Viewpoint didn't require girls to miss out on all the fun, then the lecture was all about how traveling is dangerous, and its just as adventurous to write a study guide about the adventures your dad or brothers had, and it's just as fun to hear about them secondhand as experience them.

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did anyone suspect DP of being a sleaze long before it all came out?

I did, y'all did. Plenty of people were more horrified than surprised on Tool-O-Ween. 

The guy is a narcissist. Patriarchy attracts them in droves. Not everyone can see through a skilled manipulator's smoke screen.

• Upvote 29
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

7 minutes ago, Denonner said:

I did, y'all did. Plenty of people were more horrified than surprised on Tool-O-Ween. 

The guy is a narcissist. Patriarchy attracts them in droves. Not everyone can see through a skilled manipulator's smoke screen.

See that's the thing. Most people on the outside probably saw the sleaziness. But I was just wondering if a lot of people saw it in the group. Did anyone vocalize it or just keep it to themselves? 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

How did DPIAT think Christmas should be celebrated?  Was he OK with followers and employees not going along with his ideas about it?

I think he just gave his kids presents on not December 25th lol. 

And I know some people got "convicted in their hearts" and gave up traditional christmas while working for him, but it was never on my radar as a hot issue unless it was one of those years where people get all long winded and post articles about it. Lots of talk.

Anyhow, my christmas was never jeopardized so I never gave it much thought as a kid or teen. 

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

See that's the thing. Most people on the outside probably saw the sleaziness. But I was just wondering if a lot of people saw it in the group. Did anyone vocalize it or just keep it to themselves? 

Kept it to themselves. To talk and speculate would be gossip, remember? And we all know how DPIAT felt about gossip (you guys lol)

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

Did you attend the Titanic Celebration? 

What about the Daddy Daughter retreats that were way on the creepy side? 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Hey, Deanna. Thanks for taking our questions. What can you tell us about Beall Phillips? How did she treat the "little people"? How much power did she have, in your opinion? Any funny stories? 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, Denonner said:

I think the moment when I actively thought "okay, this is definitely BS" was when I listened to the lecture the Botkin girls gave which was supposed to be on adventurous femininity and how The Viewpoint didn't require girls to miss out on all the fun, then the lecture was all about how traveling is dangerous, and its just as adventurous to write a study guide about the adventures your dad or brothers had, and it's just as fun to hear about them secondhand as experience them.

Oh, I definitely remember that one.  I'm so glad you saw the light!

In your opinion, How many people still hang onto the delusion that DPIAT was all that today?

Also in your opinion, was Beall:

1. A victim?
  2. A perpetrator?
  3. Some of each and in denial about Doug's shennigans?
  4. Other?

Does your family have any contact with the Phillips family today?

• Of not, can you say why not?
  • If so, can you say why so?

Thanks, and what @DomWackTroll said.  Great minds and all that. :D

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Did you attend the Titanic Celebration? 

What about the Daddy Daughter retreats that were way on the creepy side? 

I don't even remember the titanic thing very well. Sorry.

I get how the daddy daughter retreats looked creepy and all, but honestly it was a moment in a penis worshipping culture where dads took the time to engage with their daughters. I have no doubts that some were assholes, and some were creepy, but to me, even though we mostly went there to work, it was nice because it was an event that celebrated the fact that I was a girl. I never thought the dad shaving was creepy, it was dumb and silly and funny.

I still haven't forgiven them for how fun the father son retreat was though. They got to do rope swings and rock climbing and horse riding and hiking. We got to look at butterflies and have tea time. 

• Upvote 27
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Denonner said:

I still haven't forgiven them for how fun the father son retreat was though. They got to do rope swings and rock climbing and horse riding and hiking. We got to look at butterflies and have tea time. 

ATI did the same fucking thing. Boys did fun stuff. Girls sat still and prim while doing considerable less fun stuff. 

The Titanic event was when they decided to "celebrate" the 100th anniversary of the sinking of Titanic complete with one Phillips kid singing on the Good Ship Lollipop. That is like having a celebration for 9/11 with fun and cutesy songs.  I've always been baffled how no one thought that was a super bad idea. 

• Upvote 27
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Oh, I definitely remember that one.  I'm so glad you saw the light!

In your opinion, How many people still hang onto the delusion that DPIAT was all that today?

Also in your opinion, was Beall:

1. A victim?
  2. A perpetrator?
  3. Some of each and in denial about Doug's shennigans?
  4. Other?

Does your family have any contact with the Phillips family today?

• Of not, can you say why not?
  • If so, can you say why so?

Thanks, and what @DomWackTroll said.  Great minds and all that. :D

I have no idea how many people still do. In my opinion, at this point it's their own fault if they think he's worthy to be any kind of teacher.

As far as Beall goes, how on earth do you think I would have had any idea what was going on with her? My family was in the working class, we were not part of the inner circle. As far as I knew, or know for that matter, she is and was a nice lady. 

My family helped pack up their stupid warehouse. We helped craigslist the inventory, the shelving, the machinery, the forklift. We helped fill in the grave of that company when pretty much everyone else was gone already. They took the help and left. We were never their friends, we were employees.

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, Denonner said:

My family was in the working class, we were not part of the inner circle. As far as I knew, or know for that matter, she is and was a nice lady. 

And that actually answered another question.  Vision Forum and BCA were elitist.

Thank you.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

And that actually answered another question.  Vision Forum and BCA were elitist.

Thank you.

I think you would be surprised by how aware and accepting everyone was about that. I only went to BCA a few times so I never was part of that social circle, but everyone knew and talked about who was royalty. We used the term and it wasn't snide or ironic. It took a while for me to realize how fucked up that is. 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • Love 2